Offices for Headmaster and Vice Headmaster.

• JennyDK unlocked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Troy Havershan stood outside of the headmaster's @JennyDK office, trying to smoothen out his vest. He took a look outside, watching where the sun was in the sky. Hm...with the sun where it is... I'm 6 minutes early. He decided to go ahead and knock, despite his usual desire to be on time, not early nor late. He knocked on the door, doing his best from touching the door knob. Trying to make a good first impression. Let's not break stuff yet.

• Like 1

Veronica soon enough pushes the button to open the door into her office. Her own office is of course grand, with a heavy medieval look mixed in with modern conveniences and really luxurious furnishing. Many bookcases are covering a pair of walls and a chandelier brings light to the room as she sits behind a massive mahogany desk where things are very neatly organized. She looks up from her current work which is a few new files on new students and of course staff member.

"Greetings. Who may you be?", she simply asks.

He took a single step into the office, not wanting to over step any protocols that he might not be aware of here. "Morning Headmaster Parnacel, I'm Troy Havershan. I am here to apply for the Librarian position. Mayor Müller had mentioned to me that your facility was going through an unfortunate staffing change and that it might be good for me to come by and apply." He had indeed had a talk with the mayor about finding work...after his unfortunate accident with a computer caused the entire library mainframe to need to be rebooted and was offline for an entire day and a half.

She motions for him to have a seat in one of the chairs that resemble old European ones from a couple of centuries, looking very comfortable and lovely, just like most of the interior here."Oh, welcome Mr. Havershan. It pleases me to see a possible candidate for the position so soon and hopefully someone worthy of taking care of our giant library. It is good to hear that you went through some proper channels to get here rather just waltzing in from the street. Before we go further...", she pauses for a bit and then pulls out a bottle of refreshment."Would you care for something to drink while we conduct our business? I have been told this was common human courtesy at meetings and I personally like it.". She pours herself some in her goblet and her trademark smug grin is of course still on her face.

• Woohoo 1

"Thank you" he said at her motioning to him to seat. He walked in and sat into one of the chairs, sinking in with a pleasant groan. Damn. She sure makes you feel comfortable here. It might take a crowbar to get me out of this chair. He smiled at the drink offer. "A water would be nice right now. It was a bit of a walk to get here. Do people just walk in here normally? I would think people might be a little hesitant to just waltz into such a large place designed to house both humans and monsters." He looked at her horns, noting that this place was in fact ran by a monster. Whenever she handed a drink to him, he noticeably avoided any chance touching of her computer or any technology on her desk.

She pours him a nice and cold glass of water, which she hands him across the table and even put the pitcher of water close by, should he desire more. She leans back into her large leather chair, which doesn't even creak one bit and looks fit for an arisocrat."No, they do not, but it was mostly just an expression. You know, randos just trying their luck, a few of which had no experience at all. Luckily, we are more strict now and those examples are from when we were all new. So it's lovely to see how things have improved. It can be dangerous and we did have some trouble, but after hiring a proper security chief and getting things more under control, it is very rare these days and mostly contained within our walls. So tell me Mr. Havershan. Why did you want to work here and what experience do you have?", she goes on, eager to see what background he has and reasons for joining a potentially dangerous place.

He shifted in his chair, thinking of the potential accidents that could happen here. "Well, my experience is that I went through college at the age of 16, earning my Master's in Library Sciences by age 23. Ever since then, I have been working in the Sunveil Public Library's ancient text section. Most of my job was checking the condition of the books and tomes, cataloging any new entries, and monitoring the viewings of them. As for why I would like to work here...well Mayor Müller thought this place might fit me better than the city's facilities, due to my...condition." He was worried that she might not hire him once she heard of his curse, knowing that it could cause several disturbances.

Veronica remains leaned back in her large chair, listening and the only indication of this seeming to be a light nodding of her head, letting him know that she is indeed aware of what is being told to her."Hmmmmm, 7 years for a degree? Isn't that an awful long time? Still, I suppose you managed to get it by the end. It does seem like quite a waste if we are talking a small public library or did you mean the large inner city one? In either case, I have my doubts that one of them possess very many texts of older date. This is very much the case here, though some texts are of course in different monster languages, but thankfully you will have an assistant to help you out there. You mention...a condition. Elaborate".

He nodded at her saying it took him longer than expected, he had a couple classes he had to retake or work around that extended his academic career. "Yes the inner city one. That's one reason the mayor knew of me. And good! An assistant would be greatly appreciated. It might take me a little while to figure them out, but I'll make sure to improve as much as I can." At the mention of his condition, he let out a tired sigh, taking a long sip before he answered her. "Yes, my condition. Well, as a monster yourself, it might seem too out of the ordinary. Have you ever heard of Murphy's Law? Where if something wrong could happen, it will? At a young age, I accidentally bumped into a witch, causing her to drop and break many items and artifacts. She was furious and decided to curse me. Ever since then, whenever I touch something technological, and some things mechanical, Murphy's Law kicks in and the object begins to malfunction. I can give you a small demonstration if you would like?"

Edited by Thatannoyinggod

The mentioning of the longer study time and such, kind of fades once he explains his curse to the headmaster of the academy. For a moment, she looks very skeptical, not of the notion that this is not the truth, but rather the usefulness of such a person in their own library. That is, until she thinks of something that could help, even if it seems a bit much effort to spend on this. Still, they need a librarian and one with experience and actually educated. Convinced, she is sitting with a useful candidate, her smug grin returns, probably making him uncertain of her inner thoughts and impression thus far."Hmmmmm, I think I understand. If you feel a demonstration is fitting, take this..." , she says and hands him a small phone that was confiscated from a former student she had been meaning to toss out anyway."I think...we can find a solution. IT is not a cure or anything, but rather magic. A seal that has range enough to cover the library and which will nullify your curse. You just need to learn it and apply it regularly. Will this be allright with you?", she suggests.

Her smug grin began to worry him, thinking that she thought he was joking or that he was a joke. But when she pulled out the small phone, he thought that maybe his demonstration could give some validity to his claim. He took the phone and pressed the power button, watching as the screen lit up and then began to distort. Soon the screen went to a bright blue with the message "Backup not found System Files Corrupted" appearing, then finally the screen went black. "I assume this was a perfectly functional phone before this. I do hope whose ever this was won't be upset with it being a paper weight now." He placed the ruined phone back on her desk. At her mention that she knew of a solution to his curse, his eyes went wide. Wait...is she serious? I mean...hell, I don't care if its a cure or just temporary. I could finally wear a functional watch! "Yes ma'am! I understand completely. If thats all it will take to be able to work here, that is more than alright. Thank you so much!" He stopped leaning back in the chair, his excitement at something good happening today visible all over his being. 

• Sad 1

She looks on the thing practically messing up in every kind of way and there might even be a bit of smoke emitting from it. She was not doubting the man's words, but this was mostly to sate her curiousity."Ohhh, not by any means. Just some troublemaker who used it for stupid ideas - it is honestly better this way, so for once it seems like your curse did some good. Hmmmmm, yess....have you ever considered that? Sometimes, it can be practical to break stuff, like in this case. OF course, that is far from the case most of the time. In any case, I am happy you are pleased with the solution. I would love to have you here for a bit on tryout. Is that also acceptable terms? While you will not be paid in this short period, we will offer you to eat in our dining hall at least", she suggests and takes the ruined phone back.

• Woohoo 1

He nodded to her temporary offer. "Yes ma'am. That is completely acceptable. I thank you for giving me this opportunity." He thought on her comment about his curse being useful. "I'll admit, I've never thought about it in that way. If you ever find a use or need for my skill at breaking things, please don't hesitate to let me know." He gave a chuckle, but meant it seriously. "Is there anything I should know about working here? Any person's of interest to keep an eye out for these? And also I can start as soon as possible, making my first job learning that seal you mentioned."

She nods happily, taking joy in giving Troy the possibility to try and use his curse for something useful whenever possible."It is just like the powers us monsters can possess. They can be used to do bad things or good things, it all depends on when, how and why you do them. The same can be said of your 'power' of sort. For instance, if someone were to threaten a student with a firearm...you could render them useless. It is all in the perspective you bring", she says reflectively and add to her already big smug grin, as she mentally pats herself on the shoulder. She pours herself another drink in her goblet, a nice silver one with some nice inscriptions in it of monstrous origin."You will be given the catalogue of staff when you leave here and you may start tomorrow if you desire. I am happy we have so effortlessly conducted our business and I hope we will be able to do do from here on. As for things to keep in mind....have an open mind. Watch out for pranksters...keep your eyes open", she simply says and pulls out a file booklet with the staff members, handing it over."I am sure you would like a tour of the library and for that, you will probably have to talk to the assistant @Icarian Dreams or head of security".

• Like 1
  • Love 1

He gave her a nod and took the booklet, taking the moment to shake her hand as well. "Thank you very much. I'm glad this went so well as well. I will do my best to meet your expectations...boss. An open mind huh? Good to know. I assume I'll be taught the seal tomorrow, on my first day. And yes, a tour would be wonderful. And if it could be my assistant @Icarian Dreams, that would be good. That way I can also take a chance to get to know who I might be working closely with. Could you point me in the direction that I could find them? And...do you happen to have a remote opener on that door? I would hate to make the doorknob fall off after a good meeting." He gave a chuckle, visibly relaxing from the release of worry and getting the opportunity to work here.

• Like 1

She smiles softly, pleased with the meeting and the outcome of it and of course returns the handshake, very happy she is not a walking toaster or something, snickering to herself a bit inside."I am sure that there will be someone who can teach it and otherwise I am even more certain that one of the books will contain such a thing. Should it be in a different language, surely Anpu can help out with it. In any case, welcome aboard and I look forward to see you around. Yes...I  can open it remotely. That is what I did when you entered, after all", she says and gives directions to the dorm room of Anpu.

The last pleasantries and such are concluded before the two part once more.

• Woohoo 1

New scene:

Edgar had left the dining hall and made his way to his office, thinking on the enjoyable experience he had with the student Karnis. As he took the long walk, the half full bottle of old vintage Cabernet Sauvignon still in the crook of his arm, he thought on the dinner that he had promised the head of security, Ms. Blackwater. You know... I have no idea what to offer her for dinner. All this time working together, and there are certain details about her that I still don't know. I really would like this to be something that could impress her. She's always been quite an enjoyable presence to have around me, even able to help me snap out of my... unstable moments.  He didn't even notice that the wildflowers that grew in his wake were growing more white, sturdy flowers, just like the human woman that filled his mind at that time. He thought more on the white haired tomboy as he finally reached the door that led to the small room that housed Scarlett's @Multiversal desk and the doors leading to his and Headmaster Parnacel's offices. He opened the door and stepped in, seeing the secretary sitting at her desk. An idea popped into his head, making him turn to face her instead of walk by with a small greeting as he usually did. "Ms. Scarlett, do you have a moment that I could use? I have an issue that I was hoping you might help me gain some clarity with."

• Like 2

Scarlett was working diligently, her eyes focused on the multiple stacks of paper in front of her as she let out a sigh. With a school like this, she was tasked with all these mountains of paperwork!... but she can’t deny she enjoyed the peace and quiet but other times she was just plain overwhelmed! If she didn’t have her good memory she likely wouldn’t even have this job... though her attention was averted from her paperwork towards the green haired individual who stepped into her office, the woman’s dual colored eyes noticing the vice headmaster before he spoke his concerns.

“An issue? Well I’m kinda busy with all these papers I have to fill in, but I’ll listen since you seem to be sprouting flora in my workplace... again.” Scarlett said with a sigh, always knowing that Edgar always tended to do these sorts of things when his emotions are intense or passionate. She’s dealt with the brambles and thorns but... these flowers are smelling rather sweet... “With what I’m guessing... are you thinking about someone? These flowers are a lot sweeter to smell than the ones you usually give out.”

• Love 1

He chuckled nervously, having not noticed the aroma and types of flowers he had been causing to grow around him until she @Multiversal pointed it out. "Is it that easy to tell? Well... yes I guess it is. And yes, you are correct. It's Mary... Mary Blackwater. Our head of security. She helped me with a situation earlier today, and I would like to do something nice for her. I might have slipped out that I owe her a dinner afterwards, but I have no idea what she would like. Do...you happen to know anything about her that might help me?" This was a very different side to the calm demeanor that he usually had, fidgety and slightly bashful.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Scarlett listened to the vice headmaster, hearing our what he has to say... but seeing him so... well, fidgety was a new sight, seemingly as if-...“Have you ever thought that you are looking at her more than just a colleague?“ The redhead asked, smiling a bit before going on. “Not just anyone would act the way you are when they have a romantic interest in another. I’ve had a few friends who had similar experienced... and they are all married already somehow...“ She mumbles out the last bit, before going back on topic. “Though what would she like? I’m not close to her due to her usually patrolling the school grounds, so I wouldn’t say I personally know what she likes. Though I’m pretty sure she drinks alcohol... not sure what kind, but she doesn’t take me for the wine type of woman Veronica is. Maybe beer or booze? She seems to be the hardy type.”

• Love 1

Edgar looked a little confused at Scarlett's question about if he saw her more as a colleague. "Well... when I see her on patrol, I do always make sure to give her a smile and a wave at least...and her being around does help keep my anger under control... but thats just how trusted colleagues are. Right?" Despite being a 3000 year old elemental, he really hadn't experienced these kinds of thoughts or feelings towards someone. He wandered for so long as his true form that he never had a chance of romance before he came to the school nine years ago. 

He smiled at her assessment of Mary's taste in alcohol. It was a start. "Hm... you're probably right. So what kinds of foods go well with those kinds of alcohol? I never really ate much before binding myself to this land, and since I can't leave, I really only eat what is served in the cafeteria or order food from some of the alumni who have opened restaurants."

• Like 1

Scarlett took a moment to think, before sighing once she remembered monsters had different customs than humans... stuff like this would be such a hassle. “Well I can’t explain it too well then. I’ve never been in a relationship before, but I’m sure during your time with Mary will be enough to make you think. I suppose all I can say right now about if your feeling something more for her is... do you want to be near her.” The redhead said, hoping that would make sense before going on about helping Edgar.

“As for what to serve during your time together... depending on the beer it varies I think. All I really know is that you want to pair the alcohol with something that complements its flavor, along with it having a strong but not overpowering taste. Humans used to eat cheese with wine, but why don’t you have something like pizza, mozzarella sticks, or french fries with it? I’m pretty sure those are common foods to enjoy with a beer.”

• Like 1

He flushed a little when she asked if he wanted to be near Mary, a pink tinge coloring his face, standing out against his black suit and long green hair. "Well... I do feel a certain comfort whenever she's around me. So... yes, I would agree that your assessment. So, does wanting to be near someone mean that one has...strong feelings about another? Does that mean you have strong feelings for the headmaster since you try to stay near her in case she needs something?" 

He tapped his chin in thought over her suggestion. "Hm...possibly...but I don't think i know any alumni who cook those foods. Oh! What about that minotaur that graduated...three years ago? I think he said he was going to open a barbecue restaurant at graduation. Would whatever that food is match well with beer?"

• Like 1

Scarlett immediately blushed from embarrassment, shaking her head and stuttering at his words. “N-No! It’s nothing like that! B-besides, I stay near her because I’m her and your secretary. Some jobs people have, they tend to stay closer to other people, like nurses or doctors.” She said, taking a deep breath to calm herself down.

“Though barbecue?... I think that would work. Stuff like barbecued steak or ribs I think would be best. Just make sure it’s something that humans normally eat or have heard of. Even if Mary has been around monsters, she’s still a human, so try to take care of the foods she is used to herself.”

• Love 1