Offices for Headmaster and Vice Headmaster.

Lucy answered the headmaster's apology with a smile. „Thank you, Mr. Edgar – It’s just good ol’ me,” she affirmed, her green-colored lips parting to reveal a set of – just as green – teeth.

Her eyes flashed with enthusiasm at Edgar’s mention of not having found anyone to handle the music yet. „That’s just perfect! I was thinking, some decent EDM to get people moving, combined with a few of the top Monster-core hits of the past decade, and well, of course a few slower tracks for our couples out there too~!” she babbled excitedly, her mind already wandering around how the party could look – or rather – how would it sound. “I know a few good rock ballads that would set the mood just right- Wait, visitors, Mr. Edgar?“ She frowned slightly, only now realizing the rest of the headmaster’s words. Whomever could he mean, she wondered? From what she remembered there was no mention of guests on the poster Ruben had sent. She doubted it would change much in terms of music, but then why would he mention it? She raised her head, meeting his gaze in search of clarification.

Edited by Icarian Dreams
  • Like 2

Edgar beamed at the enthusiasm that she showed for the idea of doing the music. This was exactly what he was hoping for, a student to reach out and show some of the talent that lies in in student body. The music choices seemed appropriate enough to him. "Your idea sounds really good. I would ask to make sure to have a good mixture of music from both the human and monster societies. If you need any help finding anything, I'm sure some of your classmates might be willing to help. This dance is to celebrate the cohesion of monster and human society, as well as celebrate the decade that the school has been open." He nodded with her idea of the slow songs, partly wishing he could be able to attend an event like this with Mary. When she stopped herself, he looked at her a little confused until she asked her question. He tried to give a relaxed face to her, trying to reassure the girl and not make her nervous. "Oh nothing to worry about. It will just be some visitors from the monster world coming to watch how we are doing along with observe and participate in the school and city's festivities." He waved her down, showing there was nothing to worry about. "I only mention it to have you keep in indeed that if you do this, you will be representing Ironclaw Academy in what you do." He gave the girl a small smile.

• Love 1

Lucy nodded a few times as the headmaster's words dispelled any worries she might have had. "Of course, Mr. Edgar. I'm sure they'll find the celebrations up to their standards!" she smirked, undaunted by the idea of a slightly larger audience. A few additional blokes attending the party wouldn't make a difference, and, confident in her abilities, she didn't really worry about any additional publicity. It wasn't like they were hosting the Queen of Monsters or anything, after all...

"What about the equipment?" she queried, her voice calming down a bit, now that her thoughts have moved more towards the organizational side of things. "I have a rather basic set-up, so it would be helpful if the school could help out a bit - I don't need much, but it wouldn't hurt if to have a slightly better mixer..."

• Woohoo 1

Edgar nodded as his words seemed to have an effect on the slime girl. Hm... this might have been akin to what the queen was referring to. "Good! As long as you understand that, I see no issues with you taking on this responsibility." He leaned himself back into his chair as it seemed she had more to talk to him about. As she explained the situation, he put his hand to his chin and tapped his cheek with one finger in thought. "I think I know something that might help you with that. You have my permission to go into the old A/V club's room. Nobody seemed to want to take up the mantle in a couple of years, so all of the equipment that the alumni donated should still be in there. You may use anything you find in there. I know there was some equipment that was fairly expensive and nearly brand new." He reached into a drawer on his desk and pulled out an old skeleton key. He held the key out for her to take it from his hand. "That should help you greatly, yes?"

• Woohoo 1

"Thank you, thatt will be perfect!" Lucy agreed with a wide smile, eagerly reaching out for the key. An entire room full of audio equipment? Sounded like Lucy's kind of paradise. "I'll get some friends to help me carry the heavier stuff over to the- Right, where exactly should I set myself up?" she followed up, realizing she didn't really read into where the dance would even take place. She expected it to be held in the school's assembly hall, but she wanted to make sure - as she recalled that some events had been historically held in the Academy's arena. Better safe than having to needlessly carry tons of equipment back and forth.

"Also, Mr. Edgar," she added after a second, as a rather fascinating idea rose in her mind at Edgar's mention of the inactive club. "Since nobody has taken interest in the A/V club, maybe, in the future, we could consider setting up a student radio station in its place?" Her voice rose slightly, taking an almost pleading tone, were it not for the audible notes of enthusiasm in her speech. "I mean, if we literally have a room full of audio equipment, why let it waste? We could be giving the students a voice!" she exclaimed in agitation.

He smiled at her excitement over being given the chance to do her task well. After giving her the key, he leaned back into his chair. "The dance portion will be held in the Assembly Hall. It would best to set yourself up there, probably in a corner so that there is plenty of room for everyone to dance and no cords or equipment gets tripped over. I am glad to hear you have friends that can help you. If you all need any help moving any of the heavier equipment, please done hesitate to ask me for help." 

Her next question made him raise a single eyebrow at the idea of it. He chewed on the thought, thinking on the good it could be...and any issues that could arise as well. He bridged his fingers in front of his face, thinking. While he thought on it, he didn't notice that he was staring right at her. He kept his fingers bridged as he gave his answer. "While I like the idea of this, I would need to speak to the Head Mistress about this. I will say, your performance at the dance might help sway the final decision of this. So think of the DJ job as an audition, of sorts, and do your best at it. After the dance, we can talk on this further and see what can happen. Understand?"

"Of course," she assured at his mention of not taking too much of the hall's space. "I don't think we'll have any problems, but I'll keep that in mind!" she smiled. Her fingers shifted around the key in her hand, feeling out its edges. It looked... ancient. How many doors would it open, she wondered?

The rather intense stare that he focused on her felt rather out of place, until she realized that the headmaster was in fact looking rather through her than at her. She looked at him with anticipation as he raised his gaze and answered her. She stopped herself from sighing out loud as she heard the decision, and gave just a single strong nod, her enthusiasm taken down by just a notch. Now he's setting conditions. Party-pooper. What would it hurt to set up a radio? "Understood, sir," she affirmed. "Well, thank you, Mr. Edgar, that's all I wanted to know. If you'll excuse me, sir?" she asked, getting ready to leave.

• Like 1

"Of course. I can't wait to see how you do at the entertainment. And thank you for doing it by the way." He stood and extended a hand out towards the door. When she stood as well, he walked her out of the room and then closed the door behind her. He went back to his desk and settled into his chair, expecting the dance to be very enjoyable and hopefully eventful in a pleasant way.

[Scene end]

• Like 1

[[ D-d-d-double scene! Misty x Edgar @Thatannoyinggod]]

It indeed seemed that the day would resolve in a peaceful and enjoyable manner. With the matter of music resolved, everything appeared to have slowly fallen into its right place, leaving the headmaster in a sense of security and satisfaction of a matter well-resolved. Well, at least that's how Misty imagined it must have been. And oh boy, would she be having none of it!

"Goooooood-morning, Mr. Headmst'r!" a joyful and exhilarated voice resonated loud and clear just from behind Edgar's comfortable chair. Or rather - from within the chair. And only few moments after, the petite figure of a half-transparent girl shot from there towards the ceiling, a chill wind around her launching any papers that may have been lying on the nearby desk into the air alongside her. She disappeared into the ceiling, leaving the sheets to slowly rain down, swaying from side to side in their descent, before a dark-haired, widely-grinning head popped down a few meters further, its two red eyes pointed curiously, at the headmaster from their upside-down perspective.

"Soooo- I'm hearing we be havin' a party?" she asked, tilting her head sideways as she looked at the man. "Y'sir comin'? Wouldn't be the same withoutcha!" She grinned her set of pure-white teeth widely. Her gaze focused on the documents slowly falling on the floor. "Uhh- Sorry for the breeze, headmst'r, came by accident-" she affirmed with an unusual for her degree of sincerity.

• Love 1

When he heard the voice, Edgar jumped from his seat, his nerves being a bit on edge that day. The plant life of the room suddenly shifted from the pleasant wild flowers to crab grass and thorny vines with his excitement and irritation. "Wha! Who the..." He watched the papers fly around the room and groaned as he though of the mess that he would have to clean up.

At seeing Misty fully reveal herself, Edgar glared the young student down. "Miss Misty... of course. Yes there is a dance happening." His glare continued until he heard the honest apology come from the girl over the mess that she made. He let out a heavy sigh and shook his head. He spoke as he bent down to pick up the various paperwork. "Its ok...this time. And yes, I do plan on being at the dance. Mostly to keep watch, but hopefully it will still be enjoyable. Is there something I can help you with? Or did you come here just for clarification?"

• Love 1

Misty blinked, her gaze shifting towards the emerging vines, and slowly rotated herself to a more gravity-compliant pose, her head hanging in place as her body moved around it. Only then she flew down, 'sitting down' on the still-extended chair, her hands resting on her lap.

"Tha's great!" she responded to the news of the headmaster joining the event with visible enthusiasm. "You could transform into that cool rock-monster-thingy again! That was sooo coooool!" she reminisced for a moment, visualizing the image of this giant earth elemental just chilling in the assembly hall. She was about to say something more, but then stopped, realizing that maybe it wasn't the right moment to tug at this topic. She cleared her throat, taking a more serious expression.

"So, Mr. Headmst'r. There is something I need to ask your help with. See," she flew upwards a bit, making sure that her entire figure was visible to the professor's eyes. "I have no legs," she informed, spelling it out almost as if she were letting the man on some long-forgotten, deep secret. She fell silent to let that sink in for a moment. "Clearly," she continued, "with the dance coming up, you can understand how big of an oversight it is!"

• Like 1

After Edgar got his paperwork cleaned up, grumbling to himself over having to reorganize the paperwork and have to possibly redo some of it, he slowly made his way to his chair, sinking down into it. He didn't necessarily like the ghost girl, their last interaction being...unpleasant first introductions, but she was his student so he should give her a second chance.

When she mentioned him taking on his true form at the dance, his eyes gave her a smoldering glare for a brief moment. "That would be... ill advised, and I would appreciate you leaving that conversation at that." When she didn't continue it, he gave her a tight smile and a nod.

As she began the serious conversation, he bridged his hands together and listened intently. Her referencing to her ghost state did make sense to him, and would definitely be an issue for a dancing event. "Hm... yes that would indeed cause an issue for you. I assume you have an idea of how I could help remedy it? I assure you can I can't raise dead bodies back to life."

Edited by Thatannoyinggod
  • Love 1

"Right, so I'm thinking- not a big deal, right?" she continued, clearly setting up some narrative. "I just find and possess something remotely body-looking. Well turns out mannequins have just t'rrible motor capabilities, the statues are awfully hard to even budge, and somebody already called dibs on the skeleton from the biology class~" the ghost-girl complained, not giving the headmaster much time to respond before she continued with her monologue.

"So it reminded me- 'Member that, yhh- doll that you pulled out the ground, uh, sir?" she asked, slightly reluctant to bring that situation back up again, now, that he had made it clear that it was a somewhat sensitive subject. "It got me thinking that maybe-" She looked almost shy as she pushed this subject. "I could, y'know, ask you, Mr. Headmst'r. To create something similar. For me. Maybe from something lighter, like clay... Pretty please...?" she pleaded, giving Edgar her best puppy eyes impression. Well, if only puppies had eyes that were red, pupilless, and nearly always searching for a way to cause some mischief here or there.

• Like 1

Edgar listened to her explain her thoughts on the various objects she has been trying to possess and their problems. "I could make a doll for you... but you will have to swear that you will behave yourself while at the event. And it would only be for a short time. Are you familiar with the story of "Cinderella"? It would be something like that. I won't be able to leave it formed for too long, especially under your control. By very late into the night, the body will begin to break apart." He knew he could do it, but it definitely will require some actual effort to make one suited for what she is planning. 

• Love 1

She perked up, hearing Edgar not immediately dismiss her request as she expected he would. "Wait, really, Headmst'r?!" she asked, her eyes widening slightly in disbelief. "Of course I'd promise!" she responded quickly. She didn't really recognize any story of the name he had given, but assuming that the explanation he gave would suffice. "A-and I don't mind it breaking apart! I just need it for the dance, really!" she truthfully admitted. Whereas an actual body surely would have many interesting uses in the future, she simply really wanted to be able to participate...

• Like 1

Edgar smiled as the student got very excited over his agreeance to help her. He saw what the monster queen spoke of, making sure to spread his attentions to more of his students. 2 students in one day...not bad. I will have to be more vigilant from here on. "Good. And if I hear that you break your promise, there will be severe consequences. As long as you understand." Edgar rose from his chair and walked to an open space in the room. As much as the girl mentioned clay, the elemental could manipulate the stone to be lighter and easier to move around. He studied how the girl looked and thought of the average height in other human first year students. After a slight nod, he kneeled down and placed his hand onto the stone. His eyes were closed as he built the mental image of her looks onto a humanoid body. Slowly, the stone of the ground began to make waves like wind on water, a form rising slowly from the ground. It was actually colored, not the slate grey of the walls and floor. After a good 15mins, the body was built.

• Love 1

She nodded impatiently at the headmaster's warnings, eager to see what the man could conjure up at this point. If she wanted to break her promise, a threat of consequences wouldn't change much, now would it? But she was just excited that this was actually happening.

The fifteen minutes that followed were some of the longest, but also some of the most exciting in Misty's (un)life. It was like watching a skilled sculptor create a most beautiful statue - and one that was of her at that! - in real time... with pure power of will. She added that to the list of badass things the headmaster could do. And it was turning out way more precise and detailed than she originally expected! She just sat there, awe-struck, waiting for the process to finish.

Once the figure had been finished and Edgar moved back from it, she just couldn't hold back anymore, and just shot straight towards the stone sculpture, taking control over it.

At first, it felt heavy - like always when she possessed objects, she had to get used to the clumsiness that having a form actually came with. For a moment she was slightly afraid to even make a move, fearing that the figure would fall apart from a sudden gesture, but as she slowly raised the stone arms towards her face, it felt surprisingly smooth, the skillfully-shaped joints not making as much as a sound when they turned against each other, giving her surprising freedom of movement.

The statue's head turned towards Edgar, giving him a wide smile if only it were able to. It made a few uncertain steps, shaking dangerously before catching some sense of balance and stopping in place again, only to then bounce off the floor, in a rapid motion closing the distance between it and the professor, its arms wrapping around the man's waist in a physically-cold, but quite warmly-intended hug. "Thaaank you, Mr. Headmst'r!" Misty expressed in a tone of almost childlike joy.

• Love 1

Edgar watched as the girl jumped into it immediately after he was finished. He made sure to step back and give her a chance to look it over. The face did in fact have facial movement, along with the rest of the body having natural movement...including other parts that normally jiggle and bounce on a flesh body. He even made it so that the hair flowed as she moved around. It honestly was one of his best works, causing a smirk to grow on his face. "So? How does it...oof!" He was quickly interrupted as she almost tackled him. While the body moved easily, it was still stone so the hug hit as though someone tossed a stone dummy at him. He was going to say something about it, but the girl's joy at what he had done brought a warmth to his heart and a kind smile to his face. "You're welcome Misty. Now, remember to behave, and go have fun."

• Love 1

Misty let go of the man after a while, and beamed up at him, taking a few hops backwards. "Yessir~!" she answered with a playful salute, and happily bounced off in the direction of the nearby wall, only to stop mid-step, realizing something, and take off towards the actual doorway, nearly tripping upon her own newly-made legs in the process. She smiled once more (maybe with a hint of pride?) towards the headmaster, and finally disappeared behind the doors.

• Love 1

Edgar watched her leave his office, a beaming grin on his face. She might not keep to the promise well, but he was glad that he helped her out how he could. He sat back into his chair as the flowers around him bloomed happily, the colors vibrant and filling the room with life.

[End Scene]

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

With the school dance now officially done and over with, it is time to get back to business as usual. Today, part of Veronica's duties are greeting new students to the academy. While most would argue that is not really something she should use her time on, she does find it worthwhile both for her and the students, to have meetings, especially if they are not sure how things work around here or have other questions. That is why she has a regular scheduled time period for meetings.

Her first one is with Tamamo @Seraphina who is one of the new student and hopefully the headmaster can answer all of the questions she has and get her ready to begin here properly.

Like always, there are various snacks and refreshments on her large wooden desk for the meeting partners and her to enjoy.

As Tamamo arrived for the first time, she couldn't help but be curious about what kind of place she found herself in. Being herself a young youkai, she knew of the academy but never never had seen it with her own eyes before then. This day was the day she would begin her training to become a full fledged youkai deity. It did not take too long before she was welcomed and referred to the headmaster office. Once there, she entered assuming she simply could but stopped at the sight of the woman inside.

For a short moment, she looked like she was not sure what to do but she still approached. The food and drinks on the desk looked inviting but her eyes were locked on the woman for now, unsure of what to say. Tamamo did not look exactly shy but she also knew not to be disrespectful toward grown and potentially stronger monsters. All of this was currently new to her compared to the forest shrine where she lived the most of her days. Unsure of how to greet her, she calmly stood in front of her, waiting.

Edited by Seraphina

In her many years of living and her 10 years working at Ironclaw has provided Veronica with countless personalities among monsters and humans as well. So, she is aware that not every person is going to be very outgoing and fully sure how to act and talk. She quickly recognizes the uncertain approach that this new student seems to be taking. While she doesn't mind at all, she is aware that a more soft conduct and speech is likely required."Welcome miss. I am Veronica De Parnacel, headmaster of Ironclaw academy. Are you miss Tamamo?", she asks as politely and warmly as possible with a lesser smirk on her face. Normally, her trademark facial expression is a big and unchanging grin, but she figured it might scare this one off. She motions towards an empty recliner by the desk, letting Tamamo know she is free to sit down.

Tamamo observed the woman for a moment before she voiced her greeting. Instantly afterward, she felt a little more at ease to speak but with the respect this woman was due. Headmaster wasn't a title to joke about and surely she must have been pretty powerful. "Yes, I am. I was never called miss before, though.", she said, proudly moving her nine tails around in sync, behind her unique dress. At the sign of Veronica's motion, the fox youkai moved to the recliner and hopped on it carefully moving her tails out of the way then looked at the headmaster again. "It is my first time away from my home but I heard I could train to become stronger if I came here.", she said with a smile, having no idea how the academy actually functioned. She knew she would not be leaving quickly, though. Having to deal with other monsters of different kinds was to be part of her training.

Veronica eyes over the monster fox and shifts in her own comfortable chair, putting hand on both armrests, as she is spoken to."I like to adress anyone politely, as long as they prove to be worthy of such a way of being spoken to. It is certainly a monster-like pursuit to wish to grow stronger, but that is just one of many other skills and knowledges we teach here miss Tamamo. Among other subjects and matter, there are also the importance of how to deal with us now being linked to humanity and all that it contains of history, culture, traditions and so on. There are many ways to be....stronger. Surely, we can both agree that knowledge is indeed a source of....power. However...other traits are also important, like cammeradie, teamwork, empathy and many other qualities. Power is one thing to wield, but  even more important is how and when to use it", she says, going on a little rant, but she felt like it might be needed with this particular case. Whilst speaking, she pours herself some nice and fragrant tea as well, making motions that indicate that the other is allowed to go for it as well.