Dining hall.

She nod and smiles some more, listening to Edgar be very pleased with tonight and of course the future plan they basically have set up already for a later time. Her light flush does show up and she probably has no idea it's there either. Luckily she has nothing left on her plate and thus can simply carry that and her other things towards the table for used tableware."Ohh, I could do that, thanks! Of course, you should keep anything you want as well", she replies back and after packing a few bags of leftovers she steps around a bit nervously, unsure how they should this...whatever it was.

"Of course." He helped her carry the used tableware to the table. When they returned to the table,he gathered up some food before he placed his empty mug onto the floor and waved his hand over it to make it return to the stone. He looked at the one he made for her and a small smile grew on his face. "Why don't you hold onto this. Momento of the night. Along with this." He leaned in and gave her a small kiss on the cheek before he gave her a warm smile. He picked up his bag of food and waved to the door. "Shall we? I'm sure both of us could use some rest, and you have a small drive ahead of you. Thank you again. This was a wonderful evening, Mary."

• Love 1

Mary and Edgar quickly gather up tableware and utensils and toss out napkins and such, making things nice and cleared soon enough, leaving the dishes and such to the staff. Then she watches his own mug slip into the floor with ease and then getting presented with a nice smile as well. She gives one back as he suggest her keeping the tankard for later. So she grabs it and holds it."Ohhh, thank yah ver-..........", she stops in the middle of it all as she feels his lips gently place a kiss on her cheek. Her face grows insanely red and hot and she nearly drops the large mug. Her face even frowns in the cutest way as she has no idea how to really respond to it or anything. She saw her "escape route" as Edgar motions towards the door. Still fully flushed, she walks quickly towards the exit."Yesweshalldefinitely!VerverytrueEdgarAh'mplumtuckeredjustexhaustedandyesyesneedtodrivehome.Ahhadtonsoffuntooandlovedityes!", she rambles on, almost like a embarrassed schoolgirl.

• Love 1

Edgar smiled brightly at her reaction to his kissing her cheek. He couldn't stop thinking of how cute that little frown she gave was before she got fluttered and spoke very fast. He followed after her slowly, not wanting to set off any latent soldier insticts that might get the better of her in her current state. "Good night Mary. And drive safe. I'll see you tomorrow." He called out to her before she got too far from him.

He watched her leave his eye sight and let out a happy sigh. His face was warm and his emerald eyes shown brightly in the low lights of the night. As he walked through the halls to his office, a trail of sweet smelling white flowers and roses sprouted from his steps, his thoughts on the evening and the memory of Marys soft cheek against this lips.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Later in the evening, while the sun was still barely up, a large bull came through the door of the dining hall, wearing casual clothes and latex gloves. He's known as Drexel Kano, one of the more well-known janitors in Ironclaw Academy. In his right hand, he had a bucket with water in it, while in his left hand he had a dry mop. Deeply grumbling something under his breath as he looked around with his uniquely colored irises, placing down the bucket of water and wetting the giant mop, starting to mop the floor and making it look shiny in a very slow but sure process. He hoped that nobody would come and disturb him, so he kept on doing what he does best. He was quite muscular and about 7 foot 4 inches tall. Not someone a simple human would mess with, for sure.

747c19738d2b7c3fb40fced1b2f4d993.jpg

( OOC: Feel free to interact with him if anyone wants! If not, he's going to remain in the dining hall, cleaning everything, no matter what happens. )

Edited by Godot

• 3 weeks later...

Troy Havershan was walking down the halls heading home when he passed the dining hall. He noticed @Godot mopping, and he remembered the incident he had with the library door earlier. He turned and headed in to talk to the...ever growing figure. Geez, that's a big one. Please don't eat me, please don't eat me. While he had a fairly pleasant experience with some monsters so far, this one was really...really big. His orange hair was disheveled worse than usual from his...activities with his new assistant, and he was still missing his vest, having given it to Anpu to wear. 

He called to the figure.  "Hi there! I was wondering who I am supposed to tell this to, but one of the library doors is kind of in need of some repairs." 

Intimidatingly and slowly, the buff bull figure turned around with a mop and raised a brow, looking down at the smaller figure in front of him. He let go of the mop after placing it in the mop bucket, crossing his arms.

"Do I look like a mechanic to you...?" He asked in a deep voice, leaning over slightly above Troy. Just one push from behind, and the large bull figure could easily fall and crush the human, but thankfully nobody is evil enough to do that. Before Troy is given the chance to run away with his tail between his legs, he leans back and sighs. "Whatever..." He rolls his eyes, still looking back down at him, pulling a small smirk. Maybe he's not so bad after all...right? "...I can look at it later, when I'm done with the area... I've heard about you, Mister Havershan... You're new..." He says, mockingly. "Unfortunately, I had to clean the library earlier after some fucking kids left odd spots..." He sighs, looking back in his eyes as he continues. "Didn't know you were there and broke something, though... Would'a been nice if I was notified earlier, ya'know...?"

• Haha 1

At @Godot's knowledge of him already, Troy's eyes widened slightly. "Wow, news travels quickly here. Though you can call me Troy if you like." He gave the large bull a half smile, trying to relax a little. The janitor was absolutely huge. At the mention of something already being broke, he ran his fingers through his hair nervously and chuckled. "Heh, yeah sorry. Small accidents like that happen around me occasionally. And I'm sorry not seeing you. I was touring the library, trying to get a feel of it all. Sorry for the addition of the extra work; I'll do my best to keep it as infrequent as I can."

• 2 months later...

[ OOC: New scene: Lamp x Hiro ]

The sun was up in the sky as Lamp roamed around the academy, scouting out the labirynths of corridors and bouncing around the mostly-empty classes. Her classes have already ended, and so she decided to take some time getting a better grasp at the academy's layout - a good enough one not to mistakenly barge into three different (and completely wrong) classrooms when heading for her lessons tomorrow - like she definitely didn't do today. Well, thankfully the teachers were kind enough to eventually guide her to the right room, and afterwards she managed to get by by simply sticking to her classmates as they went from classroom to classroom. Although she still lost more than fifteen first minutes of Human Society to Mr. von Braun's visible discontent. Apparently they have had discussed the layout of the building yesterday, during the orientation class - the very one she happened to have been absent from.

But it wasn't her fault, really. I mean, whose decision was it that the lessons would start in the mornings? What was it with all these people and thinking that daytime hours were good for anything other than good, deep sleep? It was quite preposterous. But alas, apparently it seemed to be some kind of a weird custom around here, and if she wanted to remain in the academy, she would have to adapt. So now she walked circles around the academy with a timetable in hand, making sure to mark where exactly her classes would be tomorrow, before she would head back to her dorm and take a good day's worth of sleep.

Thankfully she was mostly around done. She had only yet to find the classroom for herbalism (which she found herself quite excited about) and history (which she wasn't excited about at all). Oh, and also find someone to inform that the uniform she got was way too tight - thankfully so far none of the teachers seemed to care much about the dress code (to the point where Lamp saw some monsters who seemed to walk around school completely naked) - but she still wanted to get this over with, just in case some uptight beak took issue to her walking in what was pretty much beach-wear (to her defense, finding clothing fit for four arms and a pair of wings on top of that seemed near-impossible in this city.)

She rounded the corner, expecting to find yet another corridor of similar-looking plain doors, but her eyes widened as a pair of two quite majestic doorwings loomed before her eyes, the sunlight invitingly beckoning her closer as it bounced off their polished handles and rich, decorative ornaments. She near-instantly forgot what she was looking for as a sense of wonder filled her to the brim. What could have been hiding behind such a majestic gate, she wondered. Surely something grandeur! Her wings flapped quietly as she slowly hovered closer, with deep care reaching for the ornate handle...

@Godot

• Love 2

The academy is a large and majestic place, full of majestic people and beings. Among these majestic students there was one student who didn't consider himself majestic. His name is Hiroshigae Saeki, often called Hiro. After having finished forming a club with his dearest zombie friend, Yoko, he decided that he is hungry and wanted to check out the food in the dining hall more properly. Since Yoko doesn't have to eat food or drink water, he had to go alone. Having done tasting one of the finest dishes in the academy, he smiled at himself, affixed his glasses on his face and decided to walk towards the large door, which happened to be one of two exists, the other one being an emergency exit next to the kitchen.

As the girl was reaching for the handle, she would notice it twisting already. Everything happened so fast, though. The door opened, and out came a human boy who didn't quite seem to be paying enough attention and...! Bump. Right into the hovering moth girl's...chest area. If she wasn't hovering, maybe his head wouldn't have landed there, but it's completely his fault. He stumbles backwards and manages to stay on his feet this time, his glasses messing up a little bit. "Ah...! I'm s-sorry..." He says, not looking straight at her yet. He reaches up to fix his glasses, blinking a few times. "That is my second time bumping into someone t-today..." He murmurs to himself, quietly.

After fixing up his face and his hair, he looks up at her and pushes his glasses up a little bit, which make it shine, thanks to the light emitting in the hallway. He looks over the monster he had bumped into, hoping that she's fine, but he doesn't say much. He seems to be shy.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

With only milimeters separating her from the undeniable treasure that hid behind the door, Lamp rested her hand on the handle, which, to her surprise twisted from her mere touch. Clearly it must have been enchante-"Y-Eeeeeep!" Lamp found herself squeak, in a high-pitched tone expressing her surprise and fright as a strange creature rammed head-first into her torso. She rocketed backwards, her wings fluttering in an incredible rate. This weird, spider-looking thing must have been some sort of a guardian, protecting the treasure from the hungry eyes of someone like her! Lamp's heart jumped to her throat. Was it going to eat her? She tried her best to recall what her parents taught her to do when facing such large, threatening predators.

She stabilized herself in the air, raising her gaze to meet what foe she was about to face. To her surprise, it didn't really look like the spider she imagined it was. It had way too few legs. And it's mandibles didn't really look all that threatening. She blinked a few times. The longer she looked at it, the more it seemed to resemble a smaller version of Mr. von Braun rather than a carnivorous predator. Which, given her recent history with the teacher may not have been much of an upgrade, but it still calmed her down somewhat. She slowly landed onto her feet. It in fact appeared quite apologetic. A silent moment passed before a light bulb went off in her head. "Ooooh!" she exclaimed in sudden understanding. "You're a human! I'm-so-sorry, did I hurt you? What is it on your nose?" in elation she dashed in air back towards the boy, with half of her hands motioning towards his glasses. "What's your name? My name is Lamp! Nice to meet you!" she enthusiastically extended her entire right-side-of arms towards the boy, eager to shake his, before she remembered something, and lowered them for a moment. "...you're not going to eat me, are you?" she added in a slightly slower and a bit more suspicious tone.

Edited by Icarian Dreams
  • Love 2

The more he moves his head around, the more his glasses shine due to some light that was coming down from the ceiling of the hallway. First, he shook his head. "N-no, I'm fine. I'm not hurt." He smiles at her, being collected now as he attentively listens to what she has to say, looking at her four arms, her body and everything, taking his time to check her out and analyze her through his glasses, mostly her face which seemed particularly interesting. Her cute black eyes and strange feathered, or puffy antennae definitely reminded him of a moth. "Nice to meet you, too. You can call me Hiro." He says quietly, having trouble looking into her eyes.

This boy in front of her seems shy enough to find it difficult to look in other people's eyes, but eventually he would get used to it, though this, she doesn't know yet. He extended one of his hands for the shake but had to quickly decide which hand he should shake, hoping that he won't embarrass himself in front of her anymore. He shakes her top arm's hand, then lets go of it, seeming almost eager to do so, as if he doesn't want any physical contact between anyone. He keeps his hands next to himself and tires to seek out her gaze with his own at once. "Once again, I am sorry for bumping into you. A-and..." He listens at her last question. "No, I won't eat you." This actually made his smile slightly bigger, almost made him chuckle, which is not something that Hiro always does. He definitely doesn't seem like a conversation starter, but other than that, he seems kind of cute for a human... He's definitely a kind person. Everyone can tell that by feeling his shy aura.

Edited by Godot
  • Love 2

Lamp's lips parted slightly in a joyful smile, shining two sets of tiny teeth at the newly met boy. He was looking over her, but his gaze wasn't of the kind that a predator gives before eating his pray, making her easily trust his reassurances not to do her harm. She also realized that he was much nicer than Mr. von Braun. And much more apologetic. "What year are you on, Hiro? I just got here. Well, technically yesterday. Do you like it here? Are there many humans around?" Yet another barrage of questions escaped Lamp's mouth, who apparently tried to convey - and receive - as much information as possible in as little time as possible. Her wings buzzed once more as she flung back into the air, once again giving Hiro an eyeful of her bouncing bust. She blinked a few times, fluttering the surprisingly long eyelashes. The boy - Hiro - was nice, and even a bit handsome. Maybe she could even have eggs with him sometime, she considered for a moment, before she reminded herself of the reason why she even had this encounter.

"Oh, what are you guar- What's behind these doors?" she asked, placing both sets of her arms on her hips and bobbing her head gently to the side, in an almost birdlike fashion. Through the motion, one of her antennae straightened to an upright position, giving her a rather quizzical look as she hovered in front of Hiro.

• Haha 1

Hiro just blinks at her as she sends his way a barrage of questions. He gulps once and blushes as she flung backwards, not wanting to be rude to stare, but also not wanting to be rude to not stare. Does that makes sense? Yes, of course it does! He raises a hand in fist form up to his mouth to clear his throat, closing his eyes for a moment before reopening them, looking at her and ready to respond to all questions. "Well, I am first year. Quite new here, actually. I like it here, I've met several nice people. And... Humans? If you mean here, then no. But if you mean on the planet, yes. It is owned by humans." He nods once, seeming to be more reassured now as he got to do a small amount of conversation with her.

He looks back at the door, then back at her. "The dining hall. You know, where food is made. What brings you to this academy, Lamp?" He doesn't seem to stutter anymore either. Does he just lose his shyness that quickly? Only he truly knows...

• Like 1

Lamp grasped her head in her upper hands and leaned forward a bit, listening to Hiro's response and even nodding a few times as if to confirm his words. At his mention of humans and their relation to Earth, her already quite large eyes widened even further in disbelief. "Woah... You own... an entire planet? That's, like... a lot, right?" she asked, for once not quite sure what words to use. In fact, the revelation seemed to have shocked her to the point where she almost forgot about her previous questions.

Her gaze followed his back to the door and back towards himself again. "Dining hall? Oh." she responded to his explaination, the one erect antennae slowly slumping to its original position. For a moment it looked as if the girl was truly and seriously concerned, her stare pointing at the door behind Hiro's back, but after a couple moments, she straightened her head back up and looked into the boy's irides. "Well at least I know where the food is." She once shone her teeth at him in a happy smile. For some reason her initial excitement was beginning to fade, it seemed she remained quite joyful regardless of it.

"What brings me to this academy?" she shadowed his question. "Well, I need to 1) Find a mate, 2) Find a nest and 3) Umm... I haven't thought that far." she admitted. "But I've heard the academy can help with that! And what brings you to this academy?" she countered, in an almost accusatory fashion pointing her finger at him.

Edited by Icarian Dreams
  • Haha 1

Unlike her, he did listen to her response and made sure to keep in mind, for whatever reason. Maybe he will try to avoid her whenever she's at the "looking for a mate" phase, or maybe he won't. Nobody knows. Not even him, since that's a long time from now. Right...? Anyway! "Me? Well, that's a long story. And...it's not a story I would tell just about anyone, so I apologize in advance. I'm not that interesting. Well-...actually, I am interesting, to monsters, but I try not to be under the spotlight." He lets out a very light chuckle, raising a hand to scratch the back of his head, being more used to being around a person he met moments ago and fixing his glasses a little bit, as they always tend to shift around and fall off of his face for no apparent reason whatsoever. "But, yeah-..." He nods once. "-...This academy can help with many things. As I've said, I've already met quite a few nice...monsters..." He looks off to the side for a moment and starts to blush slightly, thinking about someone... He plays around with his fingers at his chest area in the meantime, then realizes he's dozing off, so he looks back at her, trying to look as normal as possible.

Edited by Godot

Lamp listened to the human boy with attention, hungrily grasping every piece of information he gave her. She frowned a bit hearing his refusal to share the story, but smiled back to reassure that she wouldn't hold it against him. "Oh, well, I don't mind. I think it only adds to you being interesting!" she decided and giggled a bit alongside him, not quite aware what exactly was so funny.

She scanned him with curiosity, once more inquisitively tilting her head to the side as he spoke about his experiences. Why did he suddenly start acting so weird? Did she say something? Then the realization hit her once again, and she exclaimed loudly and proudly. "Ooooh! You already have a mate!" Her form excitedly circled in the air in front of him, clearly glad that she found yet another thing to be thrilled about. "You'll have to introduce me sometimes! What's their name? Is human pairing always so quick?" she continued, not letting the boy get a moment of respite. The topic was clearly quite important to her mind, so she didn't spare questions - not that she had a habit of doing so anyways.

• Love 2

Hiro just looked at Lamp, seeing how she responds to all of that. He started blushing and widening his eyes once she mentioned something about being mates, to which he raised his palms up in front of him, only to flutter them in a negative fashion whilst shaking his head as well. "Wha-...? Oh, no no no no, It's nothing like that, hah! I just think they're very nice, that's all." He smiles innocently, not really wanting to continue this topic anymore, as it may be too sensitive for him. He has never really felt this way, and he doesn't know if this feeling will stay or not. He doesn't even answer to her last questions, but quickly switches the topic. His gaze shifts over to her four arms, looking at how they're almost like they have fur on them. "Soo... You're a moth, right?" He asks, as he looks over her and doesn't exactly look in her eyes. He begins to very slowly walk around her, trying to see any other detail that he may find interesting, such as her wings, her puffy antennae, and other small details like that. He walks back to his original position and looks at her in the eyes, blushing a little bit. "Sorry, if I s-seemed creepy, Lamp... I just-... I'm still new when it comes to being around monsters. I was scared at first, but now I am kind of fascinated..." He murmurs out, fixing his shiny glasses yet again. Just what does he mean by that? Does that mean he wants to explore her?! Experiment on her?!?! Nah, probably not... He's just curious...and cute.

Edited by Godot
  • Like 1

Something in Hiro's body language and behavior told Lamp that, despite what he was saying, his relationship to that "nice monster"  (or monsters, Lamp realized) was something more than the human let himself admit. But if it wasn't a mate then what? Lamp frowned heavily, trying to focus her thoughts in spite of Hiro's agitated denying. Why did the humans need to be so complicated? This place was so different from her home...

Hiro's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. She shook her head slightly, almost as if to cast away the lingering thoughts and focused herself back on his eyes, before following them to her own body. "M-hm!" she nodded. "Although Mr. von Braun said I was anth-ro-po-mo-ro-umm..." she scratched the back of her neck, looking slightly off to the side, trying to recall what exactly it was Mr. von Braun said. Lamp could have sworn that the words he used always had like an extra syllable or two thrown in there just to make things more difficult. "-morphic. I think," she concluded after a while. "It means that I'm not fully an insect! I only have traits of one!" she announced, proudly puffing her chest forward.

She followed him with her gaze as he begun walking a circle around her. To a human, her form might have been indeed quite curious. She had a thin coat of white, soft fluff covering most of her (numerous) limbs, and a small patch gathered around her neck, creating a puffy collar right above her chest. Two insect wings extended from her shoulders, resting down on her body in a cape-like structure whenver she wasn't afloat. She herself was quite shapely, perhaps even a bit too much for her otherwise rather lithe frame. She crossed her lower arms under her bust, waiting for Hiro to finish his examination. When he did, two black, shiny eyes smiled back right at him with almost a certain question in them, as if she wanted to ask him what he thought about what he saw.

"It's alright. You're one of my first humans too! " The moth-girl assured, finding herself blushing slightly in response. "And you seem nice enough. Maybe we could- hang out sometimes!" she announced happily, with slight awkwardness finishing the sentence. For some reason she felt that the human may not be so eager to mate just yet. Perhaps it wasn't his breeding season. Lamp could only guess.

• Love 2

Humans indeed can be (and are) complicated beings. Their minds work in the strangest ways. Maybe even stranger than anthropomorphic human monster hybrids that came from other worlds and realms, such as herself. He kept nodding at what she said, while he was inspecting her, not being able to really pay attention too much. When he got back, he smiled at her in return. He had listened to the last things she had to say, seeming intrigued and somewhat excited that he's going to have yet another monster friend. He only slightly raised his brow at how he's one of her first humans, but kept smiling and looking in her almost hollow-looking eyes from behind his glasses. No, Hiro didn't give off any "mating" vibes, nor did he have an erection which would have been clearly visible. He gave off more of a happy vibe. "Thanks, likewise. I agree to hanging out sometimes, I may have a lot of questions to ask you! I'd like to get to know you better, Lamp." He says, fixing his glasses yet again, as his gaze moves away from her eyes to that puffy collar of hers, wondering if it's relaxing to the touch, or if she would feel some sort of sensitivity there. He snaps out of it, though, and retrieves his phone. "Do you have a phone? We can exchange numbers!" He slightly grins at her, awaiting her answer.

Edited by Godot
  • Love 2

"That's great! I'm sure we'll have an amazing time getting to know each other!" Lamp expressed her enthusiasm, in eagerness fluttering slightly upwards into the air. She landed before the boy began to speak again, finding herself having to look ever so slightly upwards at him to maintain eye contact.

"A phone?" she asked after Hiro had finished speaking, taking a moment to remember what exactly "a phone" was. She did try to learn a bit about the human world beforehand, but some concepts still eluded her mind every now and then. Seeing Hiro bring his own to his hand, however, refreshed her memory. "Yup, I have it! What is this 'exchanging numbers' you said? I... umm.. don't exactly know what it does yet," she admited with some reluctance. Someone did, in fact, advise her to buy one of these just before she got to the academy. She wasn't exactly sure what it did just yet, but hey, at least it looked nice. And she managed to make it light up when she wanted, which Lamp found pretty satisfying to do.

She lowered her head slightly, catching a short glimpse of the timetable she almost forgot she was still holding in one of her hands. "Oh, uhh... do you know where herbalism and history classes are?" she changed the topic and looked the boy hopefully in the eyes, reminded that she still had something to do around here.

• Like 1

Hiro continued to look at Lamp enthusiastically. Him gently smiling, it appeared more cute, than anything. His height, his fancy school uniform, his slightly loose tie around his neck, his silver hair, his shiny glasses and his piercing gaze. Those simple features of him complimented his appearance greatly.

After she had responded to his question about owning phone, he had thought of an idea. "Oh. I will explain it to you, if you want!" He says, offering her some help.

At her second question, he nods a couple of times. "Fortunately, I explored majority of the academy on my own. I can lead you to them, and on the way, I can answer any of your questions you might have about humans, and explain to you how a phone works, too. Sounds good?" He asks, forming a slight grin on his lips, happy that he is able to help and properly communicate with a monster, without having to hide away because of lewd vibes.

[ OOC: We can stay on this thread, if they start moving through hallways while Hiro shows her around. This will make things less complicated. 😛 ]

Edited by Godot
  • Love 2

"Ohh, that would be great!" Lamp lit up at the proposition, her wings widening in excitement for a moment, almost as if she were to jump into the air again, but remaining afoot for the time being. "Lead on then!" she accepted, squinting her bug-eyes slightly as she grinned at the boy. He seemed like someone who knew a lot of things, so Lamp was excited to have a chance of prodding that knowledge a bit. She's been in this world for barely more than a week, and have already found it easy to get lost in. It was so much different from her home realm, and the beings that inhabited it were so interesting as well! They seemed like some sort of "base" a base version of many monsters she knew, It was frankly, quite fascinating, and so she was glad that she found one that could explain it to her personally.

"Sooo..." now that she had one in front of her and his assertion that he would answer her questions, she was having trouble finding one - or rather - picking one from the dozens that were scattered across her mind. Her eyes went to the door still standing behind Hiro. "What do you even... eat?" she started, for once not trying to ask about everything at once. Her gaze returned to the two silver irides the boy hid behind his glasses and she stepped slightly to his side, expecting to move out.

[ OOC: Sounds good to me! ]

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

As soon as she told him to lead on, he nodded once and started immediately walking. Not fast, but rather slow paced and nicely, as if taking a relaxing walk in the sunset, despite being inside a large building. By the time she asked her second question, assuming she was right next to him as he lead on, he looked at her with a smile. "Humans have lots of different tastes. Some are picky eaters and only eat certain things. I can't really answer your question precisely, because it would take forever, buuut~ I can say that humans are omnivorous. We eat both meat and plants. I can show you some other time! I bet you will love it." He seemed confident in his answer (and offer), so it must be true. Before she gets to respond, he'd slightly lean towards her, but not much. "What about you, Lamp?" He'd lean back slowly after saying that, looking back up front to see if he's going the right way, while every now and then he'd look at his newfound moth friend, Lamp.

The hallways in the academy were quite long and stylish, so it definitely took longer time to really traverse the entire building.

Edited by Godot
  • Like 1

Following quickly behind him Lamp listened carefully to the human's words. Every couple of steps, her wings would flutter slightly, and she would rise for a moment into the air, just to land down a few seconds later, but aside from that, she made no other sound, visibly interested by what Hiro had to say. While she didn't quite understand what "omnivorous" meant, thankfully Hiro followed up with a quick explaination, to which Lamp smiled happily, glad that he didn't leave her in the dark.

His answer she found most interesting. From his words, it concluded that humans ate all sorts of stuff. The fact that this included meat was slightly off-putting to her - Hiro certainly didn't look like a predator - but then she remembered the look (and most certainly the fangs) of Mr. von Braun, which led her to believe that perhaps there were different kinds of humans, some of which were more adapted to hunting for food - just like bees had soldiers and workers. She was quite satisfied with that parallel, and as a result almost missed the fact that Hiro had asked her question - if not for the inquisitive gaze he directed towards her.

"Hmm...?" she muttered. "Oh- me? Umm, mostly fruit. Sometimes other plants. Depends on what's around," she explained quickly. She thought for a second. "What do you eat?" she emphasized. "As in, you, Hiro," she followed up.

• Like 1