Dining hall.

• JennyDK unlocked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Vice Headmaster Edgar Terrigenarum walked into the Dining Hall, feeling fairly hungry after the mornings events in the Courtyard. He carried a bottle of a very old vintage cabernet sauvignon, deciding to have a drink with his dinner. He ordered a pasta dish from the cooks, thanking them for their wonderful service and hard work. He sat at a table and reached to the ground, creating a goblet of stone from the floor, pouring some of the wine into the goblet.

At this time of day not many are in the dining hall, meaning Edgar mostly has the place to himself. Whether he prefers that or company most are not sure of.

Not long after another person steps into the large hall. A young 2nd year student called Karnis Montrax moves inside, looking around to see if she spots too many humans or monsters. She sighs in relief when not many are here after all. Then she moves silently up towards the counter and orders herself a simple soup as she is not too hungry by now.

It has been a year and she has yet to close to anyone really and has a hard time fitting in due to being mostly shy, even though her species tends to be like that. Perhaps that is why she is the only one of her kind at 2nd year. Since a soup is easily made, she has it handed to her and she walks around, trying to spot the best place to sit, taking all kinds of variable into account, meaning it takes way longer than expected and even after 3 minutes she is still contemplating.

• Love 1

Edgar has just started to eat when he saw @JennyDK walk into the room, looking around. She looked familiar, but he couldn't quite place his finger on who she was. A student for sure by the uniform she wore. A Gazer from the looks of it. Well, I can't leave myself to enjoy my food while a child seems scared. "Miss, would you like to join me? I promise that I don't bite." He called out to the girl, hoping his offering wouldn't scare her off.

As he waited to see if she would take him up on his offer, he gave a polite wave to @Dozle The Crusader, happy to see the PE teacher out and about. He was worrying for Nero, noticing that he hadn't spent much time greeting any of the new students during the opening ceremony. 

• Like 1

The headless knight gave the vice principal notice with a slight head nod  the old durrland was just a little to windind from today to interact with the students his head was glowing teal showing he was in a normal  mind set "hows the vice principal on this fine cool day"  he said in a deep cool voice 

• Like 1

Edgar felt a slight chill as the dullahan @Dozle The Crusader came closer to speak. "Tired, but good. We already had a bit of an incident out in the courtyard with one of the first years. Heh, had me rebuilding a large portion of the main building." He took a sip of his wine, feeling the liquid chilled to perfection. "I always love having you around for a drink, Nero. The wine always tastes more exquisite in your presence." 

17 minutes ago, Thatannoyinggod said:

Edgar has just started to eat when he saw @JennyDK walk into the room, looking around. She looked familiar, but he couldn't quite place his finger on who she was. A student for sure by the uniform she wore. A Gazer from the looks of it. Well, I can't leave myself to enjoy my food while a child seems scared. "Miss, would you like to join me? I promise that I don't bite." He called out to the girl, hoping his offering wouldn't scare her off.

As he waited to see if she would take him up on his offer, he gave a polite wave to @Dozle The Crusader, happy to see the PE teacher out and about. He was worrying for Nero, noticing that he hadn't spent much time greeting any of the new students during the opening ceremony. 

Despite not knowing many here, she does at least recognize the vice headmaster. She has never spoken to him, but for some reason she always felt a nice and pleasant aura around him. This does make her go from fully stiff and to eased up enough to offer a small and short smile. The offer to sit near him is a bit sudden, but after hesitating for a moment or two, she silently moves closer and sit opposite the green haired staff member."H..h..hello", she manages to utter out, not sure how careful she needs to be around someone as high up as him, as even 1st year students can cause her to freeze up.

7 minutes ago, Dozle The Crusader said:

The headless knight gave the vice principal notice with a slight head nod  the old durrland was just a little to windind from today to interact with the students his head was glowing teal showing he was in a normal  mind set "hows the vice principal on this fine cool day"  he said in a deep cool voice 

She notices the P.E teacher who is so odd that he is interesting enough to overcome her aversion of strangers, meaning pretty much everyone at this point. She gives him a short wave as well.

When the girl @JennyDK came over and greeted him, he gave a bright smile to her. "Hello. Take a seat. Don't worry about Mr. Nero here, he may look intimidating, but he's quite pleasant to be around. I'm Vice Headmaster Edgar Terrigenarum. It is a pleasure to meet you, miss...?" He opened the question so that he could give her the chance to open up and give them her name. He had learned that with the shy ones, it sometimes took a little coaxing to get them to share.

The headless knight all he did was chuckled a little he was trying not to scare the young girl has he stood by the vic prinacle "at lest someone likes my cold preacince i give off "  His head was glowing a teal the whole time he was facing gazer "greatting young Miss i am the Pe teacher Nero the headless knight "

12 minutes ago, Thatannoyinggod said:

When the girl @JennyDK came over and greeted him, he gave a bright smile to her. "Hello. Take a seat. Don't worry about Mr. Nero here, he may look intimidating, but he's quite pleasant to be around. I'm Vice Headmaster Edgar Terrigenarum. It is a pleasure to meet you, miss...?" He opened the question so that he could give her the chance to open up and give them her name. He had learned that with the shy ones, it sometimes took a little coaxing to get them to share.

She exhales heavily a few times to bring her anxiety down enough to hopefully interact."Uhhmmm..it's Karnis Montrax, vice headmaster, sir..I..I am a 2nd year student now. If you can believe it. I thought..the staff all dined together...or something? I..I don't realy know since I come here when I am sure I am mostly by myself", she replies back to him and thus admitting she is not the most social one around. Even more so than other more timid monsters and humans.

4 minutes ago, Dozle The Crusader said:

The headless knight all he did was chuckled a little he was trying not to scare the young girl has he stood by the vic prinacle "at lest someone likes my cold preacince i give off "  His head was glowing a teal the whole time he was facing gazer "greatting young Miss i am the Pe teacher Nero the headless knight "

"Oh..h..hello mister Nero. Nice to meet you as well...your head...is really interesting. I am not sure..what species you are. How do you do that?", she asks curiously, admiring the fact he can speak like this.

12 minutes ago, Dozle The Crusader said:

As the knight greeted the student, Edgar beamed. Not just the student, but Nero was talking too! Edgar took a long sip of his wine, trying to hide his grin. "Oh, Nero. Would you like a glass?" He made another goblet from the same spot of floor that he made his, propositioning some wine to the dullahan. 

8 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

She exhales heavily a few times to bring her anxiety down enough to hopefully interact."Uhhmmm..it's Karnis Montrax, vice headmaster, sir..I..I am a 2nd year student now. If you can believe it. I thought..the staff all dined together...or something? I..I don't realy know since I come here when I am sure I am mostly by myself", she replies back to him and thus admitting she is not the most social one around. Even more so than other more timid monsters and humans.

"Well congratulations to you for moving onto the next year, Ms. Montrax. I can understand it being hard to make it through some of our classes with the amount of students at times. And sometimes we all eat together, but I have had to do some work this morning that made me feel a little drained. I thought a wonderful meal would help give me the strength to continue the day." He looked over the shy girl, thinking of ways he might be able to help her work through her worries and shyness.

7 minutes ago, Thatannoyinggod said:

As the knight greeted the student, Edgar beamed. Not just the student, but Nero was talking too! Edgar took a long sip of his wine, trying to hide his grin. "Oh, Nero. Would you like a glass?" He made another goblet from the same spot of floor that he made his, propositioning some wine to the dullahan. 

"Well congratulations to you for moving onto the next year, Ms. Montrax. I can understand it being hard to make it through some of our classes with the amount of students at times. And sometimes we all eat together, but I have had to do some work this morning that made me feel a little drained. I thought a wonderful meal would help give me the strength to continue the day." He looked over the shy girl, thinking of ways he might be able to help her work through her worries and shyness.

Karnis feels much more at ease, especially from witnessing how others around here act and talk like, which often brought her to step back and not get involved. Luckily, this is nice and calm and she can even manage to get started on her meal as well."I..it can be, particularly if you are not the best student and such. I tend to..well, fall off into my own world and not read up on subjects. It doesn't help that other students don't take it that seriously...", she explains before sipping a few spoonfulls."What..kind of work? I..I don't really know much about you....sir", she adds.

12 minutes ago, Dozle The Crusader said:

Nero was shocked that this young girl would care how or what he is I am a Dullahan im like the irsh version of the grim reaper my life and my soul is bonded to my head " He hopes his chill was not making it to cold for the young girl 

"Oh, that is cool. May I hold your head...just a moment?", she asks, clearly fascinated.

21 minutes ago, Dozle The Crusader said:

Nero was shocked that this young girl would care how or what he is I am a Dullahan im like the irsh version of the grim reaper my life and my soul is bonded to my head " He hopes his chill was not making it to cold for the young girl 

He took another bit of his food, trying to not slurp the pasta loudly and interrupt them. Nero's type of monster was an interesting topic among those who hadn't had much interaction with them. Even he had found the dullahan an oddity until he got to know the teacher.

11 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Karnis feels much more at ease, especially from witnessing how others around here act and talk like, which often brought her to step back and not get involved. Luckily, this is nice and calm and she can even manage to get started on her meal as well."I..it can be, particularly if you are not the best student and such. I tend to..well, fall off into my own world and not read up on subjects. It doesn't help that other students don't take it that seriously...", she explains before sipping a few spoonfulls."What..kind of work? I..I don't really know much about you....sir", she adds.

"Well, if you find yourself loosing focus much this year, feel free to come to me anytime you need. I'm sure that I could help you find some ways to help you get your mind in the right place. As for me, well along with assisting the headmistress with punishments and helping students and teachers as they need, I also am responsible for repairs to the campus and buildings. I am an earth elemental bound to this land, so it gives me insight on damages caused and the ability to fix them faster than getting workers with tools out here to fix them." He was pleased with Karnis's curiosity. He loved seeing his children expand their knowledge of the world around him, including himself.

6 minutes ago, Thatannoyinggod said:

He took another bit of his food, trying to not slurp the pasta loudly and interrupt them. Nero's type of monster was an interesting topic among those who hadn't had much interaction with them. Even he had found the dullahan an oddity until he got to know the teacher.

"Well, if you find yourself loosing focus much this year, feel free to come to me anytime you need. I'm sure that I could help you find some ways to help you get your mind in the right place. As for me, well along with assisting the headmistress with punishments and helping students and teachers as they need, I also am responsible for repairs to the campus and buildings. I am an earth elemental bound to this land, so it gives me insight on damages caused and the ability to fix them faster than getting workers with tools out here to fix them." He was pleased with Karnis's curiosity. He loved seeing his children expand their knowledge of the world around him, including himself.

She nods her head slowly to indicate she is indeed absorbing information and this time she is not distracted by the random fantasies that play off in her head whenever she fails to keep concentration and/or becomes utterly disinterested."I appreciate that very much sir. I hear...that we can make clubs and such...maybe there could be like...a study club? Maybe it could help me and others with the same problem?", she suggests, rather pleased with her sudden idea.

4 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

She nods her head slowly to indicate she is indeed absorbing information and this time she is not distracted by the random fantasies that play off in her head whenever she fails to keep concentration and/or becomes utterly disinterested."I appreciate that very much sir. I hear...that we can make clubs and such...maybe there could be like...a study club? Maybe it could help me and others with the same problem?", she suggests, rather pleased with her sudden idea.

"Hm... I don't think that there is one currently. But that is a fantastic idea. You could share study techniques and help calm each other's wandering minds. Very well done Ms. Karnis. I would be happy to sign off on that and help you in any way that I could." He beamed at the young girl. Such a brilliant mind was hidden in that shy exterior. His happiness caused the grass and flowers to bloom and spread, making the small area smell of a field.

Karnis suddenly notices how vegetation sprouts of nowhere, taking her by surprise. Luckily, what might cause her to instinctively shrouds them both in mist or darkness."Ohhh, what is happening? Are...are you doing that, sir?", she gasps in shock. She didn't have a chance to really respond to his praise, as this was cut off by the flowers and grass emerging seeming out of nowhere and sticking to the floor, table and such.

14 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Karnis suddenly notices how vegetation sprouts of nowhere, taking her by surprise. Luckily, what might cause her to instinctively shrouds them both in mist or darkness."Ohhh, what is happening? Are...are you doing that, sir?", she gasps in shock. She didn't have a chance to really respond to his praise, as this was cut off by the flowers and grass emerging seeming out of nowhere and sticking to the floor, table and such.

He placed a light touch on her shoulder to try to calm her down. "Yes, yes. Its ok. I give off an aura that causes plants to flourish and grow around me. If I get excited or other intense emotions, the plants react accordingly. Its pretty normal for me." He smiled and picked a yellow wildflower and handed it to her with a warm smile. "Here you go. A reward for your wonderful idea." 

She does calm down, since she was just surprised more than shocked or scared."Ohhhh, interesting. So they are tied to your emotions. What if you, like, turn...uhmmm..melancholic or surprised?", she asks, wondering what sort of effects, plants and such would sprout from various moods. She is then presented with a nice flower."Awwwww, thank you. That is nice of you. I just don't really....know how to start it. sir", she responds, looking very unsure, despite her good idea.

"Well, if I am sad, they don't grow as tall or bloom. When I'm surprised, there seems to be more grass than flowers that sprout upIf I am upset or angry, thorny vines will grow over what was originally there. When happy, they bloom and flourish." He grinned at her question, gesturing to the flowers' current state with his hand. "As for starting your club, that will just take a little work on both of us. Later, if you could come by my office, we could write up a proposal for club purpose, activities, and location. Then I can file it and make it official. After that, you can let fellow students know about it and get some to join. I can help supervise it for a time if you would like, just to make sure it goes over well."

Karnis felt much relief in talking to the vice headmaster, happy that someone is able to put her mind more at ease and thus able to think and act more rational."Ohh, really? Wow, Thank you Mr Edgar!", she says, now using his name rather than simply sir. She slowly gets through her meal and glass of orange juice while they keep talking."What are your hobbies? Just curious", she asks him later.

He finished his glass of wine and corked the bottle. Won't do well to be drunk in front of a student. Escape when she is opening up. "Well... I do a lot of people watching and reading. It is fun to join in with some of the classes. Mostly  I just enjoy walking around the campus. Due to my binding with campus, I'm not able to leave. So all of my time is spent here. Though I do have some people who are willing to go out to town and pick up some things for me from time to time." It has been quite a bit since a student had asked him these kinds of personal questions. It was very pleasant to him.

Edited by Thatannoyinggod

"Ohhh, perhaps I can help you out then? It seems such a shame you cannot walk past the boundaries of this place. Of course, I would rather not..you know...bother you too much or anything", she says, thinking and fearing she might be too pushy and the like. She fidgets a bit in her seat and a faint appearance of darkness gather around them, only small spots where the light from outside do not reach.

He gave her a reassuring smile as he laid his hand on hers. "I would like that a lot. You're very caring. And you're no bother. Most of the days I don't get to have much conversation with the students so this is very nice." He noticed the specks of darkness gathering from her. "Ah, I see you too have some influence on the world when feeling certain things. Pretty. Sometimes a bit of darkness can be nice and relaxing on a bright day."