OOC talk for Monster Academy.

1 minute ago, Icarian Dreams said:

What is this "Queen of Monsters" thing anyways? Something lore related?

Also, didn't you intend to use Bowsette as reference?

That was initial plan, but it never hurts to have a bigger selection, especially if someone is more fitting! 😄

WEll, basically, their ruler.

• Woohoo 1

4 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I am starting to think about which characters I will be using for the dance and the parade/party in town.

How about you guys?

I also went with Bowsette after all 😄

Well, I still gotta do the text scene with @Godot and @Icarian Dreams to talk it out with Ruben, Keya, and Lucy (I'll start that today I promise). I was definitely going to have Edgar at least meander around, though maybe we could do a scene with him and Mary during the dance. 

And I saw you went with bowsette. Can't wait to see how she's played 😁

• Like 2

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the "Queen of Monsters" idea. I feel like the monster world works best if left undefined, allowing for some freedom of interpretation and head-canons, and giving a lore statement like the one that the monsters have a singular ruler largely takes that away. I'm also not sure where exactly would you get to roleplay as her - I doubt a sovereign would have much personal interest in a single school on the other side of the portal - and there aren't many other characters that would get to approach her.

7 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I am starting to think about which characters I will be using for the dance and the parade/party in town.

How about you guys?

Oh, I was... intending to use all of them 👀 I mean, there's so many people my characters can ask out! I'm also highly considering bringing Misty back for the dance, I have a couple interesting ideas in mind 😏

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the "Queen of Monsters" idea. I feel like the monster world works best if left undefined, allowing for some freedom of interpretation and head-canons, and giving a lore statement like the one that the monsters have a singular ruler largely takes that away. I'm also not sure where exactly would you get to roleplay as her - I doubt a sovereign would have much personal interest in a single school on the other side of the portal - and there aren't many other characters that would get to approach her.

Oh, I was... intending to use all of them 👀 I mean, there's so many people my characters can ask out! I'm also highly considering bringing Misty back for the dance, I have a couple interesting ideas in mind 😏

Woot! Let me know if you wanna do one with any of my peeps, because I'm sure that they will only do one scene each for the entire thing haha

• Love 1

I think you might be overthinking it quite a bit though. I don't see how she needs to be some untouchable entity. While I understand your concerns and such, I do not share them.

I like the addition to some sort of knowledge of what is behind the portal, even if she is just a visitor from time to time or there is interacted with her in some other fashion.

• Like 1

@JennyDK Your club, your rules - just throwing in how I feel about it.

@Thatannoyinggod I'd be down to set up a scene between Misty and Edgar (again :p). Misty's going to need a body for the dance, and, remembering the doll-running scene, I'd say he's the first person she'd imagine going with that request!

Edited by Icarian Dreams
  • Woohoo 1

How would it sound if Lucy x Ruben x Keya combo (Team LRK 👀) took care of the music for the dance? I'm thinking they could maybe even form a band just for the event, but I can see them just as well chilling in the backstage, playing DJ. @Thatannoyinggod @Godot

1 minute ago, JennyDK said:

What do you guys feel is a good and fitting "point" where we can begin the festivities?

The one that springs to mind right now, is Monday next week.

For me, preferable would be obviously the Monday after this one, since that's when my finals end, but it'd be rather late from now. If this Monday works well, I guess I'll be able to fit some RPing throughout the week.

How is the dance going to work anyways? Since the dancing itself is going to be the main event and I imagine you'd still want to avoid a single cramped thread.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Icarian Dreams said:

How would it sound if Lucy x Ruben x Keya combo (Team LRK 👀) took care of the music for the dance? I'm thinking they could maybe even form a band just for the event, but I can see them just as well chilling in the backstage, playing DJ. @Thatannoyinggod @Godot

For me, preferable would be obviously the Monday after this one, since that's when my finals end, but it'd be rather late from now. If this Monday works well, I guess I'll be able to fit some RPing throughout the week.

How is the dance going to work anyways? Since the dancing itself is going to be the main event and I imagine you'd still want to avoid a single cramped thread.

They can do the music if they wish. So go ahead with that ^^

As for how it works: I am thinking that people spread out into the areas they wish to participate in. That's why each area is used for various purposes.

The event will likely not be over any time soon, so hopefully you can still have plenty of time to interact and join in. In any case, I will do all I can to include as many as there are interested in it.

• Thanks 1
  • Woohoo 1

25 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

@JennyDK Your club, your rules - just throwing in how I feel about it.

@Thatannoyinggod I'd be down to set up a scene between Misty and Edgar (again :p). Misty's going to need a body for the dance, and, remembering the doll-running scene, I'd say he's the first person she'd imagine going with that request!

I love that idea for Misty and Edgar! I honestly forgot about the running doll bit hahaha

6 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

They can do the music if they wish. So go ahead with that ^^

As for how it works: I am thinking that people spread out into the areas they wish to participate in. That's why each area is used for various purposes.

The event will likely not be over any time soon, so hopefully you can still have plenty of time to interact and join in. In any case, I will do all I can to include as many as there are interested in it.

Them covering the music would definitely be cool for them! I can definitely dig it.

21 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

It's quite allright. We can't all agree all the time on things - that's just how life is really. I am really excited to get to use her and there might even be an "interesting" guest at the city party 😛

I honestly forgot about the city party as well! Ooh! Kasey is definitely going to be there!!

This is gonna be so much fun!!! Also, I'm good for whenever on when to start it. Though I hope everyone else in the club thats not necessarily active in this thread has seen that its coming and figuring up their own characters for it. Don't want everyone to think it's only for the four of us 😁

Edited by Thatannoyinggod
  • Like 2

I don't think anything we have said or done should give the impression that it's just for a select few people. I very much hope to see @Neptune be kind and grace us with her lovely presence, among other people.

The events have been announced for a fair bit of time now and there is still time for others to check out the announcement, so when it comes to it: it's their own responsibility to participate and remembering to do so.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Godot said:

You guys talk so fast I'm missing out on literally everything you're saying. Can someone summarize what has been talked about? I'm way too lazy to scroll up. 😛

Cliff notes! Jenny has made the Queen of Monsters character who might appear at either party. I'm going to soon start the text scene for Ruben, Keya, Lucy. Icarian had the idea that RxKxL could DJ for the school party. The event might start next Monday or the following one, talk is still happening for that. And general discussion on possible scenes before and during the dance(s). That help?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I don't think anything we have said or done should give the impression that it's just for a select few people. I very much hope to see @Neptune be kind and grace us with her lovely presence, among other people.

The events have been announced for a fair bit of time now and there is still time for others to check out the announcement, so when it comes to it: it's their own responsibility to participate and remembering to do so.

The announcement is in an "announcement topic" which most people won't even realize exists, since you're not automatically following it, keep that in mind. If people are reading the OOC talk, I imagine they'd understand how things work, but with how much is going on here, I can see them just ignoring it. I feel like you may be just overestimating the reach we're having.

3 minutes ago, Thatannoyinggod said:

Cliff notes! Jenny has made the Queen of Monsters character who might appear at either party. I'm going to soon start the text scene for Ruben, Keya, Lucy. Icarian had the idea that RxKxL could DJ for the school party. The event might start next Monday or the following one, talk is still happening for that. And general discussion on possible scenes before and during the dance(s). That help?

It's not RxKxL, it's LRK (read as "Lurk"). And that's a hill I'm willing to die on. 😛

(Edit: KLR, a.k.a. "Clear" can also work, but I prefer the former one >.>)

Edited by Icarian Dreams
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thatannoyinggod said:

Helps indeed. I won't question the "Queen of Monsters" idea, but thanks for clearing everything else up. ^^
I like this band idea between our trio of characters, I can think of a lot of ways it could start (and end) 👀 I'm up for any suggestions and ideas, if you guys are wondering!

• Like 1
  • Woohoo 2