City of Sunveil

Even the zombie girl has a small, minute even, smile upon her visage as well as they walk and talk. She can tell that Hiro is doing his best in trying to keep the conversation going and of course it would be fitting that she did the same in return so as to not let it all be on him."I think I told you on the phone, but I forgot...in any case, it would be my first time, yes. How about you? Have you been there a lot? What exactly do you do there?", she asks softly whilst still trying to walk like normal people, so it goes a lot slower, which does give them more time in these pretty surroundings.

Hiro keeps up the slow pace, not wanting to overtake Yoko at all with speedy walking. After all, this is a time they're supposed to slowly enjoy. Soon enough, they are nearing the exit gate of the small park they were just in. "I've been to them a few times. Even in different cities, with my dad. They're places where you have fun! Like, uhh... the ferris wheel, which is basically that giant wheel that's visible from even here. You sit in it, and it goes up high, and gives an amazing view of the city." He pointed at it. It indeed was visible from where they were at, because thankfully there weren't any large buildings in the way. He seems pretty enthusiastic talking about it. Pretty excited, too.

She looks in the direction of the amusement park and you can clearly spot what he is talking about."Ohhh my! Sounds like a fun time with that. What other stuff is there to do and see? I hope it isn't too crowded...people do tend to stare sometimes. Makes me a tiny bit self aware...you know?", she answers back, realizing that she does stand out quite a lot most often. At least the bright colours of the place looks pretty and neat from afar.

• Like 1

Hiro rubs the back of his neck after letting out a nervous giggle to Yoko's hope, slightly shaking his head while looking at her. "Actually, it tends to be pretty crowded, but!-" He prepares to say more about it, before Yoko has time to think anything. "People are way too busy with the stuff that you can do there to really stare. That's why it's going to be fine." He tightens his warm grip a little around her hand while continuing the slow pace to arrive out of the park and back into the bustling city for a few more extra minutes, now both of them on their way to the amusement park, which became larger and larger in appearance the more they approached it.

"Ohhh, I guess that makes sense....besides, I do have you to help me out too", she says with a noticeably more relaxed tone of voice this time and still holding the hand of his."What is your favourite things to do there?", she goes on, wanting to add to the conversation. despite her own lack of knowledge and experience about these sorts of places, relying on Hiro to try and get a better perspective on this whole park and how it works all.

They slowly keep on nearing the place, almost at the very stylish and welcoming entrance that looks like an entrance to a park, but this time it's not like the one they just went through, but rather an amusement park that Yoko hasn't been to just yet. "Personally, I think there are a lot of unique snacks there which I always like to eat whenever I go but I know you can't try that out, so instead there are a lot of games that you can try and rides you can sit on that are really fun, like the ferris wheel I talked about earlier! I do think there's a roller coaster too, but I haven't tried that one out yet. It tends to be too... uhm, speedy..." He chuckles nervously for a moment, possibly being scared of fast speeds.

Yoko is indeed in a very new and alien place for her to experience, but thankfully not here on her own or she would likely not explore a whole lot before going back on from being overwhelmed. The company of Hiro allows her to relax enough to take in and be awestruck by the many interesting spectacles, colours and other things you can witness in such a place like this. Meanwhile, she listens to the boy explain about his own past experiences in amusements parks."I don't think I am any good with too fast stuff either. So I think you and I better just look around and try the things we do both agree to", she answers him back.

• Like 1

By now they're inside the amusement park. Over to both of their sides are stands where people, both monsters and humans, sell things ranging from toys to sweets that sadly Yoko cannot enjoy, and Hiro will not enjoy because he would rather experience it with her. Since that's not possible, he just skips out on the snacks and doesn't even bring it further into topic. He's not hungry anyway. Back to stands, there's a bunch where it includes mini-games, like say for example throwing a ball to a stack of empty cans. Hiro even points to that one in particular. "Mhm! That there's a great example for one of the fun games. They give you a ball which you gotta throw at the cans. The more you bump down from the table, the more points you get. You get three throws. The more points you get, the greater the rewards! Wanna give it a shot?" Unintentionally bringing up a pun in the end there, Hiro stops and gazes into Yoko's eyes with excitement, whilst still holding onto her hand of course. The amusement park was a little loud as well, considering there's lots of people walking and talking, as well as music blaring, but it was nothing that would mean the end of the world. As Yoko knows, Hiro is a quiet person too and hates loud and crowded areas, but at the moment he doesn't seem to have an issue with it at all. Must be the fact that he's with Yoko, and not alone.

The zombie girls look around, seeing so many new, exciting and interesting sights everywhere her gaze falls upon. This is definitely entirely different from anything else she can remember experiencing before. Whilst she is the only one of her kind around here, there are other monsters, either on their own, with someone else or in groups. So basically, there are none that really look her way, beyond the occasional short glance due to her awkward walking. She looks over at the game Hiro is pointing out to her whilst explaining how it works to her."Well...maybe...I doubt I would be any good at it", she says humbly, not wanting him to waste his money.

There are a fascinating amount of prizes that you can win with just enough points. Hiro smirked, beaming with confidence as he looks back to Yoko @JennyDK again. "Don't worry, I got this. Just don't let go of my hand until we get there, I don't want you to get lost." He informed her, considering the crowds of people have upped in amount in just a couple of seconds all of a sudden. Her grip tightened a little on her hand, and using her slow pace, he walks on over to the ball throwing game that was visually presented to them. He even keeps her a little closer than before and looks back at her every few seconds to make sure she's still hanging on.

Luckily, walking slower does have the advantage of it being easier to keep the two of them connected in this manner and Yoko follows him as suggested. She doesn't recall Hiro having smirked before, but 'it looks kind of nice on him' , still goes through her mind and she offers back a small, but still gentle and lovely smile in return as they make their way."Oh..o..okay then. Lead the way...oh boy...there sure is a whole lot tighter here now", she comments on the thicker density of the crowds they go past. She can see and spot the game he mentioned and she is eager to see how well he can do it.

Good thing the people of Sunveil are well-mannered enough to avoid them instead of walking straight into them, as Hiro tries to cross the crowds. Either way, they get to the game, and apparently there's two people in front of them already, with the game stand being ran by a rather strong-looking anthropomorphic eagle monster on two legs. He seemed like a nice guy, either way, but that's not that important. The first person, a human male with a child by their side, that was currently throwing didn't seem to be that great. Even though the cans were neatly stacked, the way he was throwing was just awful, and even their kid commented on it. "Wow, dad. You suck!" The man frowned upon hearing his kid's comment, breaking into a nervous chuckle before just leaving the area, having thrown his last ball. Up next was an insignificant monster kid, looked like a red-skinned demon of some sorts, trying to have fun alone. "Three shots!" He spoke up. The eagle man nodded, taking the money from him and restacking the cans that were knocked off, then put three balls on the counter, proceeding to use them up by throwing them at the cans. He didn't manage to knock every single can down, but he still got a fair amount. "Thirty-seven points!" The eagle man spoke up with a deep and confident tone, his strong arms crossed. "Allright! What can I get for that?" The kid asked, then the eagle man showed every prize by opening a door in a wardrobe that was there behind him, showing quite a few items, among which were a bunch of plushies and other neat toys that people would enjoy. Among that, you could also get lighters, glowing pens, red dot pointers, and even a bottle of wine as a main prize. Though, in case the bottle of wine was won by a kid, it could instead be exchanged for a large teddy-bear. "Oh, that one!" The kid pointed to one of the teddy bears that were worth 30 points, and immediately got it, but since he had 7 points left, he exchanged those into sweets and then waddled off.

During all this exchange, Hiro just remained in the back and watched with a smile, eager to try it out. He looked over to Yoko again, confidently so. "Nearly our turn." He said, saying our instead of my, for some reason, and their turn it was. Hiro stepped up, holding out ten bucks to the eagle man. "I'd like three shots, please." He said so, then the man running the stand stacked up the cans and handed the three balls to Hiro. For the first time in nearly an hour, Hiro let go of Yoko's hand, grabbing a ball in his right. He smirked once more to Yoko, turning back to the balls, before throwing one to the largest stack, seeing how there were three stacks of cans, the largest one being in the middle. The middle was the biggest, total being 50 points if you get all of them. The smallest stack would give you 20 if you knocked over all, and the middle one would give you 30 if you knocked over all, amassing you 100 points if you get all of them. Hiro threw his first ball with quite a swing of his right hand. Being athletic, luck and skill was on his side.

Spoiler

98cfcce6e9a2263a56910cd85364e943.png

( OOC: Used a random number generator to amass the luck of Hiro on his first throw and reacted accordingly depending on the number. Didn't expect it to be that high! I'm sorry for the reply being so long, I wanted to make things interesting. It's completely fine if you don't reply with a similar length, considering there's not much you can do here. )

He knocked over most of the cans, amassing him 47 points already. What a lucky shot!

Edited by Godot
  • Like 1

Yoko keeps a close eye on the participants, how they perform and so on, but mostly getting a more direct idea of how the game works and what you can win for how many points. She patients waits for their turn, just like Hiro verbally pointed out once the kid was done with his attempt and walking away with his prizes. The zombie girl stays mostly quiet as she doesn't have a lot to add for now."Yeah. Good luck, Hiro", she says in a chirpy manner still. She watches closely as the boy begins to toss balls, hoping he does well. She instinctively ligthly claps and smiles wider once she sees the results."Oh wow! Very nice...that's like...around 50 points, right?", she asks.

Hiro turns back to Yoko, smiling excitedly still. He nods at her, acknowledging her guess and agreeing to it, and so does the eagle man. "Fourty-seven points, a near perfect throw. Good shot, kid." He says, stepping aside because Hiro still has two shots. He proceeds to throw one ball to the medium sized pile. That one isn't so lucky anymore, as he only manages to tumble over the 4 cans stacked over to one of the sides. He frowns, but he doesn't let that get to him. "I used up all my luck in my first throw." He rubs the back of his head, albeit a little nervously as he chuckles, briefly looking over to the small pile, throwing the last ball at it. He's a little bit more lucky at that, garnering 12 points, which totals to about 63 points. "That's sixty-three points!" The monster running the stand spoke up, before Hiro asks him something. "What can I get for that?" Then the eagle man opens up a wardrobe, revealing a bunch of plushies and other collectibles, toys, cards and everything that a child, teenager or even an adult could desire. Most notable prize was a giant teddy bear, only slightly smaller than Yoko herself, which costed only 50 points. Hiro turns to Yoko. "So, uhm...what... what would you like, Yoko?" He rubs the back of his neck again as he looks off to the side, embarrassed and blushing at his cheeks. Perhaps he was planning on getting her something all along, but he lets her choose what it is, it seems.

Yoko keeps watching the last two shots being made towards the can, which ends up racking up a few more points, but in the end it still adds up to a nice number. Until Hiro is fully done with tossing stuff, she doesn't have much to say or do, giving him plenty of opportunity to concentrate and all. Suddenly, she is asked to pick something from all of these many prizes - it even feels a bit overwhelming as she was not really thinking about it during the tossing."Uhmmm...something big and cumbersome might be troublesome to carry the whole evening...perhaps something pretty and small. Like...some sort of...uhmm..jewelry?", she suggests, both glad to be given something, but also a bit put on the spot - though she tries to handle it the best she can.

This may as well be Hiro's first time in giving somebody a gift, it could be the reason as to why he's being so awkward about it and instead let her choose, but jewelry was definitely an option within the stocks of the stand. People already started forming a line behind him to play the game as well, so he had to hurry. He looked around frantically, with a slightly panicked smile on his face before he notices something perfectly fitting for Yoko and the type of person she is - or rather, the type of person she looks like. That just means the item he found generally fits her appearance. "Oh, that one! The pair of earrings!" The eagle man nodded, turned about and grabbed a box that included a pair of earrings that wasn't visible to Yoko yet. He closed the small black box that looked rather stylish to begin with. "...and uhmm, the rest of the points should just be sweets..." Hiro mumbled, talking to the monster running the stand, before he nodded again and put a bunch of candy into a plastic bag, as well as the black box holding the supposed earrings. He blushed slightly as he thanked the eagle man with a nod, stepping aside and letting other strangers finally have their turn.

Having more space to themselves, he stopped after he was out of the way, giving both of them some breather as there's not much people walking by. "I'm not...sure if you would even like stuff like these, Yoko, but these just seemed to really fit you, in a way! I hope..." He murmured that last sentence to himself, probably doubting himself and his abilities to make other people happy. He looked at her and took the small box, giving it to her.

If she opened it up, she would be shown a pair of stylish lotus flower earrings. If she looked back up at Hiro, she would see him goofily smiling awkwardly as he gawks at her expressions through his glasses, them nearly falling off.

Spoiler

KQ353W__74979.1450115377__69114.15296979

Yoko can't really see much from where she is standing at, but waits patiently for Hiro to show her what he found. Just like the young male, she makes room for the next people to be able to step up and try their own luck with the game. Of course, her attention is mostly on her companion and fellow student, who picked out a prize for her to have. The zombie woman accepts the jewelry box, even admiring its design and looks first as well. She has never really gotten jewelry before and it was mostly just a spur of the moment thought of hers. Still, she very much appreciates it, no matter how it may look like. She then opens the box and smile a bit wider than usual."Ohhhh, very pretty. I like it....thank you, Hiro!", she responds with even a light hint of enthusiasm in her voice, her eyes admiring the cheap, but still pretty looking ear rings."Of course....if I am to use them, I do need my ears pierced", she briefly comments.

Hiro lets out a faint nervous laughter as he rubs the back of his head momentarily, looking off to the side with a hint of embarrassment on his cheeks. "Ahaha, ye- yeah, I suppose... Completely up to you, th- though.." He stutters, probably having not expected that her ears are not pierced, nor did he ever really notice considering he never got a clear view of her head due to her hat, parchment, thick and long hair, among other things. He then looks back in her eyes, not seeming too winded anymore as he smiles brightly. "Glad you like it! We can... continue our little trip. Everything else here is quite fast and nausea inducing, like the roller-coasters, but maybe the ferris wheel wouldn't be so bad..." He monologues about the amusement park, looking down to the ground momentarily as he looks off to the side, at the aforementioned ferris wheel, smiling again, before he turns back to Yoko again with a faint blush on his cheeks, holding out his hand again so that she can hold onto it once again, obviously returning the gentle grip if she did place her hand in his palm.

• 2 weeks later...

"I don't see what the harm would be and it does allow me to use these. So I think I will have it done - besides, not like I will feel any discomfort or pain from it anyway", she replies back, the last part said with  a lightly playful tone of voice to kind of portray her attempt at humour. She looks around some more whilst Hiro tells her that there are only fast paced wild rides here besides the ferris wheel."Are you sure? There isn't anything...like...in the middle ground or something?", she says whilst grabbing his hand once more.

• Like 1

Hiro catches the playfulness in her tone and even lets out a little giggle of sorts, seeming as if her attempt at humor was successful. Hearing her next words and wonders though, he looks around, maybe even slightly embarrassed. "Uhm, n- no...maybe. I don't think so- I'm not a big fan of r- roller coasters anyway, they're too fast and- it goes up high. Just like the ferris wheel. Heights aren't my thing, but... at least the wheel is slow, and you- you'll also be there, so I would feel safer!" He adds, beginning to slowly walk again and waiting for her to keep up the proper pace as they hold hands.

Yoko is pleased to sense that the boy seems to catch onto her attempt at joking about, even if it was pretty tame. She thinks about what he just said, making her wonder if there wouldn't be more they could possibly do here than a ring toss game and the ferris wheel. There certainly seems to be plenty of ways to entertain yourself and sights to take in."Ohhh, then how about we go to the ferris wheel and maybe then go and explore some more afterwards?", the zombie girl suggests whilst keeping up the best she can.

"Yeah, sure! That sounds like a good idea. I hope you like the park so far, all- all things considered. I'm certainly enjoying my time, with um- with you." Hiro mumbled out, as best as he could anyway but his words was definitely understandable. He continued to smile brightly nonetheless, carefully examining Yoko's facial expressions and such, to make sure that she's doing well. That, or he's just doing that so that he could look at her face more, but it's unclear what his intentions are, only that he's a little embarrassed about it. They slowly made their way to the ferris wheel, having a little time of talking before getting there, as it obviously wasn't far.

Edited by Godot

"Of course, I do. Though, I think it is also largely in part to being here with a good friend like yourself", she replies back in a chipper tone of voice. Whilst her parchment and hair does cover a fair portion of her face, it is still fairly visible and she does seem to be genuine in her words, if her ever so subtle facial expression is to be believed. She may not have the most expression there, but she is not one to fake any sort that does show. She looks at the ferris wheel getting closer and she hopes that the view from up there is really good."Have you ever been in it before? The ferris wheel, I mean", she asks him curiously.

Hiro appreciates her chipper tone and reply, continuing to lead her to the ferris wheel. On the road to there, not much else happens, other than general conversations going on between the two. Upon hearing her question about whether or not he has been in the ferris wheel, he looks at her and nods once. "Mhm, yeah. Twice, a very long time ago. Different ferris wheel, so this will be just as much of a new experience as it is for you, since I haven't ever tried this one out. Have you... managed to remember anything of your past, somehow?" He asks a more personal question but he doesn't think of it as a bad thing, so he just goes for it anyway.

Yoko nods along as he explains his experience with the ride prior to this one. It does look completely harmless and kind of cute to her. She looks at it in wonder as it is lit up really nice and well and overall just looking really neat. Then the conversation shifts to something quite unexpected, but not something she really mind as they have discussed this once or twice before and thankfully not something she is pushed on a lot."Hmmmm...still not a whole lot. It mostly comes back in tiny fragments. Of course, it is hard to say if those are legit memories or what they are, but they are sort of what I have so far. The last thing felt like a short vision of something like some sort of feast at a higher up monster family...at least if the surroundings and guests were to be believed."