Academy library.

• 3 weeks later...

With haste in her step, Anpu passed the grand doors to the library, already feeling the strength coming from within the walls of the place. The mere smell of all the knowledge gathered in here made her tail wag with joy. Ahh, how she missed it! She was so glad she managed to convince Mr. Marlowe to let her skip the orientation lesson and head straight here. If she could, she would have spent the entire summer holidays in the library, but sadly that wasn't allowed, so, as every year, she had to spend these couple months away, only hoping that no harm came to her beloved books.

Now, entering the chamber, she found it pretty much the same as when she left it, save for a substantial layer of dust that covered a vast majority of the bookstands. It seemed that master Illrean @SymbioteSliver had not yet visited the place. She thought it would make him happy if she cleaned up as much as she could before he returned. She gazed across the room, taking in the tall columns of bookshelves. It was highly impropable she was going to manage to clean even a fraction of the entire library. But it wouldn't stop her from trying.

Her eyes went to the stacks of books right next to Myrddin's table. Curses. She was sure she organized these last spring. She sighed, directing her steps towards them. It was as good place to start as any.

Edited by Icarian Dreams
Linked the image

The large earthen doorway opened and Myrddin walked through. Then threw open the doors to the library. "Alright whose the little shit playing around in my library?" He sees Anpu @Icarian Dreams "hey why weren't you at orientation?" He opens the windows at the back of the library and cast magic blowing all the dust out of the library, leaving it smelling of wood and books. "Sorry I always forget to clean it up when your not here just read and keep in my little hide out." 

He looks her over "as always you get foxier every year." He smiles at her always the fliet then walks over and sits at his desk. "Ughhhhh every year that infernal woman makes me go sit there, good for the appetite but I hate being around people. Glad I have you though." He smiles genuinely.

• Love 1

The sudden scolding made Anpu reactively put her ears back. "I'm sorry, Master Illrean, Mr. Marlowe said I could skip it. I'll get notes later, I swear!" Her mouth closed in awe, seeing how with a single spell, Myrddin cleaned up the entire chamber. How she wished she could do the same. Alas, despite hours spent in secret, with just a candle and dozens of magic tomes, not even a spark of arcane energy did ever escape her fingers. Her tail perks up, however, as she remembers something she is good at. "I've organized your books, Master Illrean! You'll find demonology and necromancy in section five, I've allowed myself to bookmark-" She blushed at the compliment interrupting her train of thought. "Thank you Master, I... enjoy your company as well. Let me know if I can be of any help." She looked to the ground, embarrassed, smiling slightly. She missed the atmosphere of this place. Even the slight complaining of Master Illrean was quite soothing to hear.

Edited by Icarian Dreams
Minor fixes

Myrddin sits there tapping his temple. "now i know i had something i wanted to do or say when you finally showed up to the library!" he yawns "pft ill figure it out later too full" puts his head down on his desk and goes to sleep, after a minute wakes up screaming. "AHHHHH THATS WHAT IT WAS! . . .  now where did i put it?"  he reaches under his desk. "there it is!" he looks at anpu and then thinks about having her climb under the desk to get it but figured he teased her enough. he stomps the floor and the ground under the desk raises lifting the desk in the air and Myrddin pulls a book out from a secret compartment.

he looks around. "ANPU! where are you girl?" @Icarian Dreams

• Haha 1

Seeing how the librarian appears to be feeling a bit tired, the anubis girl decides to let him rest, and goes back to her organizational duties, recalling how she has yet to categorize sections seven through nine. Ugh. Her ears catch Myrddin's scream alongside the sound of a secret compartment rising from the ground. She almost forgot they had these. Perfect for catching dust, and not much else. Just as she reaches out for the books, a voice calls her back. She sighs, as her hand stops mid-air. She leans back from behind the bookshelves. "You need me, Master?"

"I do if your my hot secretary who is an Anubis and tries to practice magic and thinks I don't know about it." he waits for her to walk over. "I can smell the arcane on you, same way you smell fireworks on somebody." he raises an eyebrow. "its rare for an Anubis to be able to do arcane magic. your races uses something more akin to divine. here this should help its an old tomb about magic practices and ceremonies that took place in Anubis temples, and here is the translation in case your ancient is a little rusty." he smiles  "im working on translating more now so far i cant find anyone who wants to trade me a book that just teaches the magic. but then again i am part human so something like that given to me. . ." he frowns "ah oh well i have enough to translate. when that's done it will give me more clues." he moves his hand down lowering the desk back to where it was. "so what did you do over the vacation?" @Icarian Dreams

1 minute ago, SymbioteSliver said:

"I do if your my hot secretary who is an Anubis and tries to practice magic and thinks I don't know about it." he waits for her to walk over. "I can smell the arcane on you, same way you smell fireworks on somebody." he raises an eyebrow. "its rare for an Anubis to be able to do arcane magic. your races uses something more akin to divine. here this should help its an old tomb about magic practices and ceremonies that took place in Anubis temples, and here is the translation in case your ancient is a little rusty." he smiles  "im working on translating more now so far i cant find anyone who wants to trade me a book that just teaches the magic. but then again i am part human so something like that given to me. . ." he frowns "ah oh well i have enough to translate. when that's done it will give me more clues." he moves his hand down lowering the desk back to where it was. "so what did you do over the vacation?" @Icarian Dreams

"I am not-" She starts to protest his claims, as she turns to approach the wizard. Seeing the volumes in his hands, however, she falls silent for a moment, before rushing towards him, her ears straight up, keen on catching every word he says. "That's... for me?" She looks at Myrddin wide-eyed. "Master Illrean I- Thank you!" She exclaims, stopping herself from jumping onto the wizard in attempts to hug him. Instead, she carefully takes the tomes, cautious not to damage anything. She recalled trying to polish her Ancient last spring, but she also vastly remembered finding more interesting things to read...

"Uhm..." she responds in a rather uneloquent manner, more focused on flicking through the old pages of the tome rather than listening to the mage. Her hand moves over the ancient pages, shielding them with faint blue light - one of the very few divine spells she still remembered from learning as a pup, protecting the elder sheets from further decay. "Mostly waited for it to end. It's still hard for me to adjust, everything here is so much... louder than at home. The food is different too. I've taken a liking to these things humans call pizza." Her tail wags back and forth a couple of times, as if to reinforce her words. "Oh, I've been to the cinema! It's so impressive that humans do this without using magic at all!" Her head rises from the book for the first time in the last minute, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"yeah when magic disappeared from the world it left humans with need to create things with science and they came along way. I spent my early years in another dimension. but in the long time ive been wandering this earth i have learned humans are as resourceful as they are ignorant."  he stretches then looks around at the library and pats Anpu on the head. "Thank you for always coming here and spending time with me and the library i think it may appreciate it more than i do. which is not an easy feat!" he smiles at her. "Alright if your going to study that instead of work sit at a table before you hurt your self girl!" he shoos her towards her desk on the main floor in the giant pillar in the middle of the room. @Icarian Dreams

She shaked as his hand touched her head, unable to stop her tail from giving two more happy wags. He seemed so patronizing when he did that, but it felt so gooood... She brought herself back to reality, stopping mid-way to the table, as she recalled something. "Oh, Master Illrean, I just remembered, there was something else I wanted to ask of you..." She blushed, clutching the books in her arms tighter. "C-could I move my bed into the library? I-I know that we have dorms, and that these things I should bring up to the headmistress, but I-I just feel better in the library. And I spend most nights here anyway..." @SymbioteSliver

Edited by Icarian Dreams

"I don't have a problem with it, we can easily call the headmistress down here and ask her and i can easily move the library around to make another room for you. but are you sure you want to sleep in the same place as me especially with you always running around calling me master?" he turns back to his desk and pages the Headmaster. " Will the head master please come to the library. there is an issue that needs your attention. please and thank you!" @JennyDK he smiles at Anpu "There now we just have to wait for her to show up! may as well go read while we wait for her to show up"

• Love 1

It doesn't take very long before Veronica does show up, but not through the door like a normal "person", but rather from popping up suddenly and out of thin air, her trademark smug grin plastering her face as always and in her normal, less busty form."Ohh, greetings Mr. Illrean. How may I be of help? I hope you are not calling me just to flirt with me?", she says while giving him  a look that is hard to determine the nature of. She has her arms crossed and looks over the two who seems to need her presence.

22 minutes ago, SymbioteSliver said:

"I don't have a problem with it, we can easily call the headmistress down here and ask her and i can easily move the library around to make another room for you. but are you sure you want to sleep in the same place as me especially with you always running around calling me master?" he turns back to his desk and pages the Headmaster. " Will the head master please come to the library. there is an issue that needs your attention. please and thank you!" he smiles at Anpu "There now we just have to wait for her to show up! may as well go read while we wait for her to show up"

Anpu smiles nervously at the mage's forwardness, redness lingering on her face. "I mean, I-I'll still be in a different room, and..." She starts, but it seems that the librarian doesn't really seek explaination, calling the headmistress practically instantly. So instead, she just addresses his other point. "It's much shorter than calling you the 'Master of the Library', right?" she says, stepping towards the reading desks.

13 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

It doesn't take very long before Veronica does show up, but not through the door like a normal "person", but rather from popping up suddenly and out of thin air, her trademark smug grin plastering her face as always and in her normal, less busty form."Ohh, greetings Mr. Illrean. How may I be of help? I hope you are not calling me just to flirt with me?", she says while giving him  a look that is hard to determine the nature of. She has her arms crossed and looks over the two who seems to need her presence.

"Oh, good morning Ms. De Parnacel!" Anpu smiles, seeing the headmistress appear in the room. "The speech was very nice!" She adds, feeling like it's expected of her to add something instead of just exchanging greetings. Nevertheless, she leaves the matter at and for the librarian to address, not feeling that confident talking to the demoness.

Edited by Icarian Dreams

Myrddin stood up. " Of course not, i had enough of that since we spent the summer together. although i could if you can actually listen instead of trying to breed me teach you better ways to use your fire with out the use of air magic. but that didn't go so well this summer so i digress. no young Anpu here has a question for you my hearts flame." he winks at Anpu to let her know hes spewing nonsense to tease the headmaster. he smiles and sits. back in the chair letting the women speak while he goes back to translating the next volume for Anpu. @Icarian Dreams

4 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

"Oh, good morning Ms. De Parnacel!" Anpu smiles, seeing the headmistress appear in the room. "The speech was very nice!" She adds, feeling like it's expected of her to add something instead of just exchanging greetings. Nevertheless, she leaves the matter at and for the librarian to address, not feeling that confident talking to the demoness.

"Good morning to you as well young miss and thank you kindly for that. Perhaps you could help me with my next one. My doors are always open for cute little cupcakes like yourself", she says with clear flirtation in her voice and a wink. Then turning towards the librarian once the younger female lets him do the talking it seems.

6 minutes ago, SymbioteSliver said:

Myrddin stood up. " Of course not, i had enough of that since we spent the summer together. although i could if you can actually listen instead of trying to breed me teach you better ways to use your fire with out the use of air magic. but that didn't go so well this summer so i digress. no young Anpu here has a question for you my hearts flame." he winks at Anpu to let her know hes spewing nonsense to tease the headmaster. he smiles and sits. back in the chair letting the women speak while he goes back to translating the next volume for Anpu. @Icarian Dreams

She has no idea what that is all about and then wonders even more what the matter here is. For now, she simply puts it aside mentally and smile smugly at Anpu @Icarian Dreams."What is your inquiry my dear? I could think of many myself, but probably not many appropriate for the situation...", she says and laughs playfully.

27 minutes ago, SymbioteSliver said:

Myrddin stood up. " Of course not, i had enough of that since we spent the summer together. although i could if you can actually listen instead of trying to breed me teach you better ways to use your fire with out the use of air magic. but that didn't go so well this summer so i digress. no young Anpu here has a question for you my hearts flame." he winks at Anpu to let her know hes spewing nonsense to tease the headmaster. he smiles and sits. back in the chair letting the women speak while he goes back to translating the next volume for Anpu.

Seeing how Myrddin didn't seem to want to take the initiative, Anpu took a long breath. Hopefully it won't be too awkward.

15 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

"Good morning to you as well young miss and thank you kindly for that. Perhaps you could help me with my next one. My doors are always open for cute little cupcakes like yourself", she says with clear flirtation in her voice and a wink. Then turning towards the librarian once the younger female lets him do the talking it seems.

She has no idea what that is all about and then wonders even more what the matter here is. For now, she simply puts it aside mentally and smile smugly at Anpu. "What is your inquiry my dear? I could think of many myself, but probably not many appropriate for the situation...", she says and laughs playfully.

She doesn't even utter the first word before feeling the heat rise in her cheeks. Why is everyone in this school so... direct? She inhales deeply, then exhales on a single breath: "Soo... That since I already spend most time in the library and since Master Illrean doesn't mind and that I thought that I could maybe-" She runs out of breath, and has to take a moment to recatch it Alright, that certainly wasn't what she wanted to do. Calming herself, she continues, now in a more steady manner: "Could I move in to the library? Like, with my bed, and all my things. Pleease?" She asks the headmistress, giving her the puppy eyes. "Master Illrean already agreed."

Edited by Icarian Dreams

Scarlet opened up the doors to the library and she looked around to see that not only the usual occupants of the library being Anpu and Myrddin were here but also. . .  the headmaster?! Scarlet tilted her head confused at the current people there before shrugging. She had decided that since she had filled out her schedule for the second year. She had an idea of what books to be getting for herself and she figured with so many books in the library what were the chances that there wasn't a book that they were using in the library. She figured if she could at least find it early enough she wouldn't put off her studying further than she needed She had just recently showered and cleaned herself so she smelled faintly of lavender and vanilla from her body wash and shampoo. 

She looked at the vast walls of the library and her face twisted agonizingly. Scarlet had never been a good book reader as by the time that she got to reading the book she falls asleep but, she managed. She walked up to the three's conversation. "Erm, ." She waited as she shifted on her feet obviously uncomfortable in this atmosphere as she was much more familiar with the sweatier air of the athletic fields. To Scarlet, the library's air just felt stifling and oppressive. She didn't want to interrupt their conversation but she was also a bit curious to see what it was about. 

2 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

Seeing how Myrddin didn't seem to want to take the initiative, Anpu took a long breath. Hopefully it won't be too awkward.

She doesn't even utter the first word before feeling the heat rise in her cheeks. Why is everyone in this school so... direct? She inhales deeply, then exhales on a single breath: "Soo... That since I already spend most time in the library and since Master Illrean doesn't mind and that I thought that I could maybe-" She runs out of breath, and has to take a moment to recatch it. Calming herself, she continues, now in a more steady manner: "Could I move in to the library? Like, with my bed, and all my things. Pleease?" She asks the headmistress, giving her the puppy eyes. "Master Illrean already agreed."

She keeps her grin on her lips, like it is something that is impossible to remove. Listening carefully to the request, she thinks it over for a bit and look at Anpu with a puzzled look."My dear student. Why would you want to move in here? There are not really any available bed room here and if you have been tolds so that is plain wriong. Furthermore we close off the library at night. I see no reason why this should be necessary. What even led this obsession on, child?", she responds, wondering how this young anubis had such a desire to move in here with a perfectly fine dorm room."So if he has told you that he lives here, that is plan wrong and I am sorry if you have been misled", she finally adds to that.

5 minutes ago, OlrukTheSmall said:

Scarlet opened up the doors to the library and she looked around to see that not only the usual occupants of the library being Anpu and Myrddin were here but also. . .  the headmaster?! Scarlet tilted her head confused at the current people there before shrugging. She had decided that since she had filled out her schedule for the second year. She had an idea of what books to be getting for herself and she figured with so many books in the library what were the chances that there wasn't a book that they were using in the library. She figured if she could at least find it early enough she wouldn't put off her studying further than she needed She had just recently showered and cleaned herself so she smelled faintly of lavender and vanilla from her body wash and shampoo. 

She looked at the vast walls of the library and her face twisted agonizingly. Scarlet had never been a good book reader as by the time that she got to reading the book she falls asleep but, she managed. She walked up to the three's conversation. "Erm, ." She waited as she shifted on her feet obviously uncomfortable in this atmosphere as she was much more familiar with the sweatier air of the athletic fields. To Scarlet, the library's air just felt stifling and oppressive. She didn't want to interrupt their conversation but she was also a bit curious to see what it was about. 

Veronica hears another voice and turns to her, looking her over a few times and giving her a distinct stare."Ohhh, hello. I am sure miss Anpu here can help you since we just concluded our business, but I hope you will allow me to stick around a bit. I do admire your amazing physique and build", she says, openly and shameless compliment the red demon woman.

1 minute ago, JennyDK said:

She keeps her grin on her lips, like it is something that is impossible to remove. Listening carefully to the request, she thinks it over for a bit and look at Anpu with a puzzled look."My dear student. Why would you want to move in here? There are not really any available bed room here and if you have been tolds so that is plain wriong. Furthermore we close off the library at night. I see no reason why this should be necessary. What even led this obsession on, child?", she responds, wondering how this young anubis had such a desire to move in here with a perfectly fine dorm room."So if he has told you that he lives here, that is plan wrong and I am sorry if you have been misled", she finally adds to that.

Veronica hears another voice and turns to her, looking her over a few times and giving her a distinct stare."Ohhh, hello. I am sure miss Anpu here can help you since we just concluded our business, but I hope you will allow me to stick around a bit. I do admire your amazing physique and build", she says, openly and shameless compliment the red demon woman.

Anpu was stunned by the cold refusal coming from the headmistress. She didn't expect her to agree, but she didn't expect her to be so dismissive as well. "B-but I-" She stepped back into Veronica's field of view, ears lying tight to her head. She wasn't satisfied with letting the topic die down like that. "Please, Miss De Parnacel! It's just- I need to be here. I- I don't know how to explain it... I feel a connection with this place. I can barely sleep without worrying that something may happen!" She pleaded, almost teary-eyed. She felt this... link already by the end of last year, but it was weaker back then. She herself wasn't even quite sure what was going on, but it felt like something she had to do.

She noticed the new student @OlrukTheSmall walk into the room, and just gestured for her to wait, as she wanted to finish talking with Miss De Parnacel.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

Anpu was stunned by the cold refusal coming from the headmistress. She didn't expect her to agree, but she didn't expect her to be so dismissive as well. "B-but I-" She stepped back into Veronica's field of view, ears lying tight to her head. She wasn't satisfied with letting the topic die down like that. "Please, Miss De Parnacel! It's just- I need to be here. I- I don't know how to explain it... I feel a connection with this place. I can barely sleep without worrying that something may happen!" She pleaded, almost teary-eyed. She felt this... link already by the end of last year, but it was weaker back then. She herself wasn't even quite sure what was going on, but it felt like something she had to do.

She noticed the new student @OlrukTheSmall walk into the room, and just gestured for her to wait, as she wanted to finish talking with Miss De Parnacel.

She sighs deeply. The cuteness of the girl has outlived itself by now and she turns towards the anubis."Miss Anpu. This subject is over. Let it go, please...I am not turning our library into a hotel. USe your dorm room and you are free to visit the library as much as you wish whenever you do not have classes or other things to attend and within opening hours. This is final", she says, already tired of the subject."Are we clear?"

Anpu sighed deeply, pouting her lips. She should have brought this up to the vice-headmaster. He would understand. "Yes, Miss De Parnacel." She said without enthusiasm. "Sorry for bothering you." @JennyDK

She turned and approached the visitor. @OlrukTheSmall "Good morning. I don't think I've seen you here before. May I help you?" She asked, forcing a fake smile to her unamused tone. Maybe she should try asking the vice-headmaster later. She eyed the student up and down. She seemed a bit... jocky. But at least she smelled nice. Anpu sighed softly under her breath. "Study books, I presume? Section nine, both sides." She pointed to the bookshelves in the far part of the room. "If you need help finding something let me know."

Edited by Icarian Dreams
  • Haha 1

Scarlet blinked as she saw that Anpu managed to find out what she was going going for and Scarlet nodded. "Yeah, that's it. Thanks." She said as she looked the way she was pointing and she felt a bit of sweat drip down the back of her head. She was once again reminded that the bookshelves here were HUGE! She wondered if she'd even be able to find some of the reference and study books here before the second year orientation began since she had saw both new and familiar faces going to classes which left only the faces that Scarlet had seen when she was a first year. She looked over at Veronica and gave her a smile. "I don't mind if you admire. I worked hard for this kind of body so it only seems natural to want to show it off  abit." She said as Scarlet had a bit of a grasp on the headmaster as a bit of a teaser. Of course, she made sure to give proper respect when those times came but she definetly felt this was one of those looser moments where she could address the headmaster a bit more casually. 

Scarlet walked on over where section nine was pointed out. "Hoooo, alright." She whispered to herself. "Some of these books should have something I could use this year." She said gulping as she began to browse the titles that were on the spines of the books and occassionally pulling one out to read the back and flip a few pages only to put it back where she found it. Scarlet's toned body shifting like a well oiled machine and occasionally she bent down to read some of the lower titles of books causing her well chiseled ass to stick out. 

12 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

Anpu sighed deeply, pouting her lips. She should have brought this up to the vice-headmaster. He would understand. "Yes, Miss De Parnacel." She said without enthusiasm. "Sorry for bothering you." @JennyDK

She turned and approached the visitor. @OlrukTheSmall "Good morning. I don't think I've seen you here before. May I help you?" She asked, forcing a fake smile to her unamused tone. Maybe she should try asking the vice-headmaster later. She eyed the student up and down. She seemed a bit... jocky. But at least she smelled nice. Anpu sighed softly under her breath. "Study books, I presume? Section nine, both sides." She pointed to the bookshelves in the far part of the room. "If you need help finding something let me know."

Being a demon and all, she is not swayed by the emotional response to her denial."Do not bring it up again as well. Have a nice day miss Anpu", she says before fading into thin air and vanishing.

• Like 1

Anpu stopped herself from growling until after the headmistress was gone. What bit that woman? Annoyed, she stepped quickly, yet heavily towards the tables in the middle of the room, resting the books she was carrying there. She sighed. Maybe it was a dumb idea. She turned, taking a look at Scarlet @OlrukTheSmall. The demon looked more like she was flexing rather than looking for books. It wasn't an unpleasant sight, but Anpu felt obliged to help her. She could damage the books if she keeps it up like this.

She approached the Oni, her breathing still a bit heavy from emotion, but once again forced a smile on her face. "If you tell me what your classes are, I may be able to help." She spoke with as friendly a tone as she could muster.

Oh, erm, I'm a second year with classes in math, english, science, history. . . Oh and human biology." She added in as she listed what came to her head from when she enrolled in her first year where she took last years version of classes except she ended up taking a science class. "I'm trying to find books that might be useful for those in case there might be any required reading." Scarlet said as one of her hands rubbed the back of her own head. "You won't happen to know what books they use for those classes do you?" Scarlet said as she was quite happy that Anpu was helping her out although she did wonder where Veronica went as it seemed that the headmaster was enjoying the sight of the oni's well-built body.