Discussions

3 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I am good with either options, though I think for the purpose of the narrative, I would say Darla should be present for such interregation.

Alright then, sounds good. I’ll change my post so the captain calls Darla in to the Captains room.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I had no goddamn clue. I was never informed of anything by anyone. It is pretty fucking annoying. Please do not repeat this @Sarah_1964.

I am really sorry, I did not realise the scene was continuing.

I am new to this: perhaps it is better if I withdraw from this role play until I have learnt the rules. So sorry.

Just now, Sarah_1964 said:

I am new to this: perhaps it is better if I withdraw from this role play until I have learnt the rules. So sorry.

As long as you try to not do it again, it can be overlooked this once but try to not do it again.

4 minutes ago, Sarah_1964 said:

You only learn one way and it is not like I am going to stop wanting to make scenes. Why did you assume the scene was not going on still? I made a reply after all.

I don't see why just one mistake should keep you from moving forward and learn.

4 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

You only learn one way and it is not like I am going to stop wanting to make scenes. Why did you assume the scene was not going on still? I made a reply after all.

I don't see why just one mistake should keep you from moving forward and learn.

I left before you replied: I didn't know I had to make that explicit.

And I don't want to ruin things for other people, I just wanted to have fun and get involved.

I think it's best for me to leave it to experienced role players.

1 minute ago, Sarah_1964 said:

I left before you replied: I didn't know I had to make that explicit.

And I don't want to ruin things for other people, I just wanted to have fun and get involved.

I think it's best for me to leave it to experienced role players.

That was partly my fault for not making a rule topic which I will do. I think you should stay so continue learning and have fun doing so.

Like I said: You only learn one way. You discovered something best not to do and that is usually what you learn most from - doing mistakes.

Do you think the rest of us were flawless when we started or are even now? No, even many years I still have areas I can improve in and I still do mistakes.

May I ask why you left our scene?

Just now, Busterbugs said:

That was partly my fault for not making a rule topic which I will do. I think you should stay so continue learning and have fun doing so.

I hate to potentially be that person, but if you need to make rules about every single thing people can do wrong, you will end up with a looooong list, which will both be exhausting to read through, memorize and such. Simple is usually always better.

When we speak mistakes that very few make, it is not really necessary to make rules and protocols for them, in my own opinion.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I hate to potentially be that person, but if you need to make rules about every single thing people can do wrong, you will end up with a looooong list, which will both be exhausting to read through, memorize and such. Simple is usually always better.

When we speak mistakes that very few make, it is not really necessary to make rules and protocols for them, in my own opinion.

Thank you again for the advice, I really do appreciate the help. I made a list of a few simple rules that should be easy to follow and make things a bit smoother for the future. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Busterbugs said:

Thank you again for the advice, I really do appreciate the help. I made a list of a few simple rules that should be easy to follow and make things a bit smoother for the future. 

No problem. I try my best to follow the K.I.S.S. principle as it usually gets me through good and well most often. In short, it is to go by the simplest solutions whenever possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

No problem. I try my best to follow the K.I.S.S. principle as it usually gets me through good and well most often. In short, it is to go by the simplest solutions whenever possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

That’s a good formula to follow. Thanks.

Heya! I’m pretty new to this too. I started with reading what’s available. Firstly, I went to Crew members and other characters to look at the Crew list section and see what roles are still open. Buster has also been kind enough to post an event tracker so looking at that will get you mostly caught up on who’s where. Going to the Black Star Areas and Planets > Planet N259 will get you more specifics. 

With that you can gain a sense of what character you might wanna play in this setting. If you want your character to have background with another you should reach out to the other user to coordinate. And yea, that’s my advice, it’s not the only way to go about things but that’s how I got my bearings and ideas for what character I’d like to play. Both here and in another rp. 

• Love 1