Main street of Stahlwasser

• 1 month later...

Izabella sighed softly to herself as she wandered aimlessly down the main street of Stahlwasser after she left the old abandoned building that contained the current Aqua Vitae group. She shrugs her left shoulder slightly moving her olive green military pack as she looks around the main street debating on what to do for the rest of her day since she didn’t have anything to do back at the HQ, while she tries to remember if either of her parents are in the city or what any know contacts might be doing.

The streets in town are more or less quiet and peaceful at the moment, with people going about their daily routines and the usual sights and sounds taking up the space of various senses. As Izabella moves her way about, there seems to be nothing calling out for her attention, direct or not. That is, until something seems a bit puzzling. A door to one of the shops is standing wide open and even lightly banging against the door frame from the wind moving it. This place is usually never like this when she has passed it and there is an omnious sensation in the air around it.

Izabella would stop staring in the direction of the shop with the door haphazardly blowing open in the wind as it slams against the side of the building, which she would look around the main street to see if any guards are around the area nearby as she walks closer to the area looking for any blood or anything that would point to what might have happened. She would cautiously call in through the door, “Hello is anyone hurt in there or need of medical assistance?” as she stands at the entrance with her hands resting on her hunting rifle in case she needs it to defend herself.

((perception roll if needed: 3d6+2 = 2+4+3+2 = 11))

There are no guards around at the moment, even as she moves closer to the odd and lightly ominous scene before the medic. The closer she gets, the more it stands out to her. Calling out through the open door receives no response and there is no noises or anything. The absence of any sensual stimuli only points more and more to how unnatural this seems. As she looks inside of the small shop, it looks fully abandoned. However, there is a large mess all over the counter, floor as if there has been some kind of  struggle.

• 2 weeks later...

Izabella gulps quietly to herself at the eerie silence and the scattered  mess on the floor and counter as she thinks to herself, "Where is the shopkeeper at or the guards for that matter" as she cautiously steps into the entrance-way of the shop into the doorway that was left banging open in the wind. She scans the room looking for either the next room or entrance to another floor as she begins to meticulously begin to sweep the room going to the counters to check behind them, while keeping an eye at the other doors in the room. On the back of her neck, a small bead of sweat would drip down her neck due to the eerie and strange situation as she calls out again, "Hello this is a medic! Is anyone in need of medical assistance, call out please!" as continues to hold onto her weapon.

As the young woman makes her way, slowly, deeper into the seemingly empty and abandoned store, the light from outside dims more the further inside she gets. This is fairly small place, so there are not many room and most of them small in size. There is indeed a staircase that leads further down, albeit into a fully dark place. Down there, there does seem to be some light noises though.

At the dimming light from the lack of light filtering inside the humble shop with nothing of notice inside and the dark shadowy opening that descends into the darkness below with an echo of light noises coming from the depths of the house. Izabella would quietly reach into her side pouch of her pack to pull out her flashlight and grab her short sword to better defend herself since she would be descending down the steps in a cramped area. She would wordlessly flick on the flashlight to allow more light to erupt in the area before her as she peers down the steps into the darkness as she once again calls out, "Hello Medic is anyone hurt down there!" as she tightens her grip on the leather wrapped handle of the sword causing a soft creek of the soft leather from her black fingerless gloves.

The boards that make up the staircase creak lightly as they are stepped on, taking Izabella downwards. The only other noise that is heard is something she hears down there. The light from the flashlight retracts the darkness of the lower level of the dwelling. The room she ascends into is a small hall way with one door on the left and right and one final one at the end of this short room. The noise she hears comes from the only door which is open and is the one on the far end of the hallway.

• 2 weeks later...

At the eerie sound that is resounding from dark hallway being illuminated by the light from her flashlight only, she would steal glances at the two closed doors that are firmly closed. She would quietly gulp softly and quietly whisper to herself, “You can do this Izabella…. get yourself together” as she attempts to quietly creep further to the open door to peer inside the room with her flashlight in one hand and her short sword bladed weapon in her other hand.

As the medic inches closer and is able to shine some light into the room, she will soon be greeted with moderately sized bedroom. In there she will be seeing someone tied up and gagged as they trash around on the furniture. The sight of light causes them to freeze up and stare in the direction of Izabella, but the cone of light makes it impossible for them to properly see who has showed up. The noises seems to come from them trying to speak past the cloth wrapped around their mouth.

At the sight of the person being securely tied and gagged to the chair, Izabella would sweep the flashlight over the interior of the room to see if she would spot anything out of the ordinary that could harm her or attack her. She would cautiously reach forward toward the person bound to the furniture as she removes the gag to hear what they have to say after witnessing them try to speak. She would ask quietly in a whisper, "Is anyone else in the room or building with you and are you ok?" 

There does seem to have been some struggle happening here since things are strewn about haphazardly and messily. There doesn't appear to be anything in here indicating any immediate danger, leaving Izabella free to act with the bound person. As she gets a better and closer look, she can see it is a man in his 30's who is the victim here. The gag is then removed, allowing him to speak."Oh dank Gott! Vielen Dank Fraülein! Ahhh yess...no no...they left..a few hours ago I think. The bastards...kidnapped my wife...you gotta help! Bitte!", he says, clearly distraught and scared.

Izabella would smile sadly at the mention of the kidnapping and the crime being committed a few hours ago, which she would slowly begin to remove the bindings that are securing the man to the furniture in the darkened room. She quietly replies softly with compassion, "I am sorry to hear about your wife being taken. I'll see what I can do to assist with finding her safely returned." She would continue on by asking, "Who took your wife and how many people were involved in the kidnapping? Also can you describe the people or any things of importance that you remember about them?" as she continues to work on removing the binds, while also checking for any wounds that might need to be treated.

The man seems more agitated than scared as he is being freed, judging from his facial expression."Ohhh, thank you kind stranger. I am Hans by the way...who are you?", he says at first, wanting to at least thank her first and to introduce himself. As his hands are freed, he rubs the sore parts of it as the rope was not exactly pleasant."It all went really fast, but there were only a pair of them from what I could tell...really scary looking Arschlochs!", he continues on whilst sitting up on the bed now. He takes a deep breath before continuing once more."Entschuldigung Fraülein, my English sometimes not the best", he says in a mostly understanding English before describing the sort of looks of these invaders:

3dccfa7c2a6425dcb1bf7417daec0c52.jpg

Once she has removed the ropes and the cautious question about who is was causes her to blush at the situation and hears her mother scolding her in the back of her head about being so rude to forget her bedside medic manners of introducing herself. She coughs slightly to try hiding her embarrassment and replies with a warm compassionate tone, “My name is Izabella. I am a medic with Aqua Vitae and I wish we had meet on better terms” before she hears his broken english and usage of german words. 

She listens quietly to his explanation and the number of people being only a pair, which shouldn’t be too difficult in her opinion. She would reply once he finished talking and seeing him sit up, “ No worries Hans. Wäre Deutsch einfacher?“ as she mental thanks her parents for their insistence in on learning German. She does have further questions but wants to make sure he is not injured and communication is easily understood.

"Ach so. I am glad you came still Fraülein. I can still use English, but is not perfecht as you hear. English works fine. My Ehefrau...you need to go before these Bastarde gets too far...I am not really hurt...other than a few...as you say...uhmm... boo-boos?", he goes on and shows various parts of his body to reveal that he has suffered no further than a few scrapes, bruises and the like.

Izabella would sigh softly in relief seeing that he had no immediate need for medical attention besides the few scraps and bruises inflicted by the mongrels' that had broken into his home him and kidnapping his wife. She would smile politely as she brushes a few strands of her raven black hair out of her face as she nods at the mention about needing to hurry after them, which she would quickly takes one last look around the room for anything that might point to where the mongrels' are heading by possible an identifier or symbol as she starts to back track her way out of the building. She quietly whispers to herself, "I hope that I am not too late and I run into to some guards for support" as she sighs shaking her head.

GM: Give me a Communication (Investigation) roll to determine how well you seek for clues.

Once she is done investigating (results coming soon), she is heading towards the street level once more. Whilst the town has guards, it can greatly vary how often you see them and how many, depending on various factors. This particular area has very low crime and thus needs them less. She can find a couple of them fairly fast as they are hanging out near a food booth not far from the shop she just came from. By now, the street is more busy with people, hence the more need for guards.

• 2 weeks later...

Communication - Investigation roll 3d6+2 = 3+4+5+2 = 14

As Izbella had searched through the ransacked home for anything of value to prove her point to the guards, she would briskly walk over to the two guards that are stationed out near a food stall, which she would couch slightly with a grim expression on her as she stops in front of the them and politely exclaims, 'Excuse me guards might I have a moment of your time for an important matter.... I liked to report a crime...." as she mental reviews the information that she had gathered from the previously bound man. 

After a rather rushed and impromptu search, Izabelle is not able to find a whole lot of stuff to go from. At least she was not fruitless in her effort and she ends up finding what looks like a keycard of some sort, with a distinct Wehrmacht symbol upon it. Once she reacts the guards who appears to be on some sort of break, they turn towards the uniformed female and straighten up."Good day miss. A crime you say? What is going on exactly?", one of them asks.

• 2 weeks later...

Izabella sighs softly as she brushes a stray lock of her raven hair out of her face as she looks at the uniformed female and she nods with a grim expression on her face, "a few paces down the road from here, I stumbled up on a strange sight of a door that was broken in with the place having been ransacked" as she pauses briefly before continuing, "I called out a couple of times to see if anyone was inquired to offer assistance and upon investigating the ransacked shop, I found a roughed up gentleman that was bound n gagged in a bedroom in the basement. I found an item that seemed to be dropped during the scuffle" She rummages in her pockets briefly as she pulls out the distinct Wehrmacht symbol keycard from her front jacket pouch before holding it up for the uniformed guard and states, "The bound male claimed that a group of people had attacked him and kidnapped his wife. Thankfully the gentlemen wasn't hurt but I wanted to make sure it was reported to the guards since I don't know how long ago this happened...." as she watches the guards expressions from her statement along with the revealing of the keycard.

The guards listens as she speaks, as crime is dealt with rather seriously here - otherwise, who would want to stay here in the long run? Their face do look serious as well, as this is not really something that is to be taken lightly at all."Do you know how many there were?", one of them asks her whilst the other one examines this key card with the insignia on it. After a few seconds the guard checking out the item recognizes it."Ah yes...this is surely one that belongs to that bunker we have seen a few times on the outskirts of town...remember?", he asks the first one when they have time to listen and respond.

• 2 weeks later...

Isabella tilts her head briefly from side to side as she tries to recall the gentleman's response about how many people were involved in his wife's kidnapping as a small grimace appears on his face as she replies, "the gentleman stated he thought there were only two of them but he wasn't entirely sure on the exact number. He was more worried about his wife and that they hadn't left him bound and gagged to long ago in his home." She nods her head at the mention of the bunker located outside of town as she continues, "I did a brief look for anything out of the ordinary and that key card was all I found though I was more considered with reaching out to you guys about what to do in this matter" as she shrugs her shoulder slightly, "I was taught basic survival and combat but I am primarily a medic for Aqua Vitae."

With the general description being made about the two attackers, something clicks with one of the guards."Oh, I recall seeing those two a few times, but they never seem to usually mind their own business. They seemed kind of dodgey though. They were never more than those and they didn't seem keen to interact with anyone else here either. How about one of us goes with you to try and take care of this?", the guard suggests.