Ooc Chat for Spruce Moore

@Kitsuyumia So what's magic like in the setting? I know vampires have the charm spell, but is there potential to have characters learn/cast different spells too?

On a different note, I'll probably have one of my characters be the Beta for the werewolf pack, if that's alright with you.

14 minutes ago, VenariWulf99 said:

Hello folks, just got done making up my character and perusing the OOC chat. So seeing as my character is an outsider, I'm going to assume he's an Omega too for the time being. I figure he'll settle into a warrior position in time though. Looking forward to role playing with everyone!

Yeah that sounds good.

3 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

@Kitsuyumia So what's magic like in the setting? I know vampires have the charm spell, but is there potential to have characters learn/cast different spells too?

On a different note, I'll probably have one of my characters be the Beta for the werewolf pack, if that's alright with you.

And yes having a beta for your character is fine. Nobody wlse claimed the role yet.

• Thanks 1

@KanDaKnight Hey I just got done looking through rp, your character's conversation got me thinking on my background.

A. Maybe Alicia's right, maybe it was a werewolf, maybe even my character while he was still performing hits. Could be this was one of his targets he was told to make an example of?

B. On the flip side of this, maybe this group of vampires you keep referring to are my characters former captors? Could be that your family had connections to the underground and my character?

I have his bio posted if you wanted to look. If you wanted to go with either ideas I could totally make a vampire thrall that's given to the coven as a gift, from the group of vampires my character came from. As more or less an ask from one coven to another to help them put down Darion? 

Totally up to you though xD

@VenariWulf99I looked through it. First of all: Awesome choice for beast transformation. His wolf form looks absolutely terrifying and badass. 😂 But moving that on, our characters have a lot of parallels in a story type of deal. Actually, way too parallel as it seems like Darion is actually apart of Vance's story at this point with his own background.

For idea A: Completely possible. Since Darion was taking care of humans in the same city as Vance, it is not out of the bounds of a werewolf intentionally attacking a foster family which takes care of orphan children. 

idea B sounds more fun to me though. It is much more possible that when Darion was actually being toyed with he could have been forced to attack the foster family group for a snack. His fleeing from the dangerous captors also ties in with how Vance hasn't found Darion yet nor them. Also, yes I think it would be even more interesting if the way they 'toyed' with Darion was by making him kill this foster family which had close ties with him. Maybe the caretakers were his friends or knew about his real identity but chose to keep it away from the world to ensure Darion's safety and they weren't just a snack to make him feel guilty?

I dont know which you would want to go with though. I really want to go with idea B because this gives MASSIVE opportunities for story building and intense drama. But it is up to you. If you want your character to be connected with Vance, go ahead. :3 I allow it.

@KanDaKnightI totally thought the same thing as I got further into the RP you guys were going through. You know what's really funny with that though? I like to roll my characters up with a sense of chance, so I typically use a DND homebrew rule called lifepath to generate a basic guideline and fill in the blanks based off of what I'm trying to get. Which funny enough was how I got Darion xD.

I agree totally and was really hoping you'd pick option B. I hadn't really thought about him being the one to kill them, but you're right I could totally see them forcing him to do something like that. So that said I say we roll with it.

I like the idea that they were close to him, and see no reason why they couldn't have known about what he was. So with that in mind how about we run with the idea that the vampires were not only toying with Darin, but trying up loose ends.

So drawing closer to when he runs away, perhaps even acting as the catalyst of his final decision they wait until a full moon, poking and prodding at him driving him into a frenzy. Then they let him loose on his foster family, your family. The only thing having saved your character that night being the fact that you'd not been home. Could be that the vampires came after, feasting on the carnage as well leading to the confusion of what happened.

That in mind, there is a nine year age gap between our characters, but despite that your character likely would have known mine to some degree, whether they acted as brothers or not is completely up to you. Though it could certainly add to the drama.

I'll get to work on that vampire thrall then, some time soon I'll have him show up bearing tidings from the other coven. (Which will need a name eventually if we keep bringing it up lol)

• Like 1

@VenariWulf99A full moon sounds better because if he was close to the caretakers that were taking care of Vance and the other children, it would justify Darion's situation a bit. As in, he couldnt control himself.

Them feeding up on the necks after makes total sense and justifies the percision bites Vance talked about.

To be honest, because of the age gap Vance would've probably seen Darion as an Uncle more than anything else. Because of the 9 years gap. That would fuel even more. So lets go with your additions and idea B. (It is definitely likely Vance knew Darion. There simply wouldn't be a way that he wouldnt know him if he was so close with his parental figures at the time.)

• Woohoo 1

@BladeRunner You'll want to talk to @Kitsuyumia about that, however as far as I know the position is open. I'm not sure if there's any sort of getting for it though.

Regarding the Delta position though it's essentially the third tier down, with the exception of the Gamma, but they take on more of a medical role from what I understand. I would Imagine Deltas would be akin to the lowest state of a command position possible.

Kitsuyumia has a post about the roles in the ooc section however if you'd like to peruse that for more details on all the roles.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Hello! So I do have a question, I know the Alpha/Luna position is open however I'm not certain of anyone else is taking it? If not cool, if so cool. Also, what is the role of a Delta exactly?

As far as I know the Alpha/Luna positions are still open and uncontested so far, and Delta is basically in command of the warriors of the pack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, VenariWulf99 said:

Woops dunno how I missed that, for some reason I misread that. Icarion is absolutely right, there is only one Delta and they are in charge of the warriors. For some reason I thought there were more than one.

That would actually be pretty cool, imo, having multiple commanders of smaller units of werewolves, kinda like centurions in the Roman legion. Though probably better if we keep the important ranks limited right now, given we have like two werewolves in the roleplay so far 😛

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

That would actually be pretty cool, imo, having multiple commanders of smaller units of werewolves, kinda like centurions in the Roman legion. Though probably better if we keep the important ranks limited right now, given we have like two werewolves in the roleplay so far 😛

Yeah I agree, though later on if things get bigger I could see this. Though it would have to be fairly large I suppose, could eventually work in some more side characters too to help flesh things out. Not really worth while until we get at least a few dozen characters in the pack.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Hello! So I do have a question, I know the Alpha/Luna position is open however I'm not certain of anyone else is taking it? If not cool, if so cool. Also, what is the role of a Delta exactly?

Delta is more like a general in a sense, they oversea the patrols of the warriors and strategize plans of attack that the alpha and beta could diliberate on with the Delta if needed. I gave a basic description earlier but  since this kind of question had come up twice I think I will add a section to explain the roles.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Icarian Dreams said:

@BladeRunner

I mean it would make sense to a degree, but yes we only have a few so the pack is considered pretty small. So for now only 1 delta.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up