Great Hall

Blaze was sitting at the end facing his eldest brother and raise his hand "may I say something Treighton and not be judged until after I've said what I wish to say?" He knew everyone hated his choices and that they saw him as a disappointment to the family name but if there was even a 1% chance of being given the opportunity to redeem himself he would take it head on.

Once given the ok to talk Blaze stood up and looked everyone "I know you all see me as the family disappointment and are against my choices. Hell some of you probably think my choice to have a wolf as a best friend is something I have died from by now." He then looked treighton in the eyes as he spoke his next words because he knew eye contact told his older brother he was being serious about his words "However. The fact that I'm here means I care about my family and though I'm sad I'm not even considered for a possible choice for leading a coven I want the chance to show I can be responsible. Whether it is Idris or Antoinette who takes over I want the opportunity to prove I'm worthy of the family name"

Blaze slowly move to his brother and niece who were sitting together and knelt between them "I love this family. Brother, niece, no matter is chosen tonight. I'd like to offer being a Nightstalker to the new leader and will personally deliver any messages you desire to the Midnight Pack. Please let me have an opportunity to prove myself worthy of Blackthorne"

• Like 1

Idris was eager to get this painful family reunion over with. Painful due to several factors at play here. Alicia was gone, some more members were going to meet their end, and then there was the succession of the role. Treighton was a force of his own but he was still younger and crotchety due to his 'old' age. Antoinette would be a good fit but after Alicia's failure he was hesitant to suggest her for the position. Many thoughts hung on his mind and yet still his face was a blank slate. Neither contempt nor amusement just the lack there of. Deep in thought he followed the butlers and maids into the lavish Victorian setting. Not to his liking however he would not change it. This castle was charming in how it was frozen in time much like their current tenants. 

Antoinette was looking around the room. She was but a babe the last time she was here and didn't remember this place all that much. It had been several millennia but what she remembered most was the smell. It was deep oak and the deep scent of blood soaked into the wooden fibers. The textures and the echoing was also vaguely familiar and it was clear she was having a small moment before Idris would put his hand on her shoulder and she would stand up straighter and more refined than before. She was reminded of her place and how to properly act. Seeing Ivan and Edward sit by the Crow Father, a smirk befell Idris' lips an Antoinette gave him a glance after seeing her uncle's finger twitch. Taking the hint they would sit a couple seats down to give Treighton room to do as he saw fit. Idris while ruthless would never lay a hand against family so this is where Treighton came into the mix. 

And just before things were getting started Idris and Antoinette would take their glasses of blood wine and indulge in the moment; Blaze came over and shocked the both of them, however they were too good at hiding their emotions that to Blaze it probably looked like he was being judged. Idris would then place his glass down while Antoinette would face forward and begin to eat the meal that was on her plate. "Ó malý brat. Let's discuss this in a little while. Your timing was never good but you should read the room. Come, take a seat before us and we will discuss this shortly." Idris was being unconventionally considerate and compliant to the mood of the room. Honestly he was just excited for what was to come and wanted Blaze to take a seat and watch the show. Antoinette was just more interested in the fine wine and food being served as she was the only one eating. Idris' would sip at his wine savoring the taste. Though Idris did not correct Blaze's statement he was not going to do anything about it just yet. "Crow father if you would please commence the meeting so we can address the elephant in the room." His agitation was palpable in the air as he just grinned to himself. Antoinette would then look to the detective and stare a moment. He was someone she had not seen before, well not in terms of just recently but ever. Toshiro travelled so she was able to meet him. He intrigued her and would make note of his position here in the castle. 

• Love 1

Blaze quickly moved back to his seat far from everyone else as he wasn't sure he should sit closer yet. Being the family's black sheep made him keep his distance in times like this to prevent upsetting anyone and only hoped for Treighton to acknowledge his him or what he said as he knew Edward was staring at him in shock. He was used to the silent treatment and being ignored but the silent staring was something he had not been exposed to and he just stared at his cup of wine.

• Like 1

Blazes submission did surprise Treighton even if he didn't show it, however this was business between him and the two candidates for the Seat. He wasn't certain of Antoinette's internal response to this news, however Idris acted like Treighton was taking up their time but was eating up Blaze's words. After the three settled down, he would try to speak again until hearing some commotion from the swinging oak doors that led to the kitchen. The doors swung open, bloody and battered individual came walking through the frame with a bottle of red wine in his hand, obviously he was covered in cuts and gashes where the blood that used to drip had dried. This one held a stroking resemblance to Tiberius save for the black hair peppered with white,  he was well dressed in a tuxedo of all things that was a little ruffled. 

Marcello Cavecchi Blackthorne,  the youngest of Tiberius' children and childto the Nightmaster of the Cavecchi Coven in Spain, limped his way to the dinner table giving a one nod to the lot of the group. He promptly plopped down next to Edward, which he wiped a bit a blood from gas hand onto the man's dry-cleaned suit which received a loud curse from the New Yorker. And after a long swig of the bottle Marcello set it down hard on the table, looking worse for wear and more importantly something obviously bothering him. It could draw out uneeded questions, but the "last" born Blackthorne drew a sigh as he leaned back into the hard wood seat. 

"Sorry I'm late," Marcello said nonchalant-like and tossed a large paper stacked folder toward Treighton on the table, "Got you that info, wasn't easy. We gonna do this thing or what?" 

"I'm sorry, do what thing?" Ed asked casually as he was digging into his steak. 

Ah yes, the elephant in the room, how could Treighton have forgotten that? Undoing the button clip to his left pistol, the Crow Father was moving onto the fourth most important matter, he glanced at Marcello who glanced back with a knowing gaze. Then he looked to Ivan and Edward, continuing with his words befire he was rudely cut off, "As we know, there are only a dozen of us, pure blooded Blackthorne members, powerful and renowned to the world and Underworld. However in the last century til' now we have seen a steep decline in profits and territory,  rival clans and Covens prodding and slowly claiming our losses. The biggest loss was Tiberius Blackthorne." 

Treighton was always one for winding reports before getting to the point, but proper briefing was always his thing, "In this very valley are multiple Womf Packs, amongst them the mightiest neing the Midnight, or Moonlight if you're old fashioned. In his last days Tiberius dealt battle with the world's oldest and most powerful of the Wolves, he barely won that siege before veing mortally wounded with his foe taking less than substantial damage. A night later... Tiberius died, many thought from an assassin of the Wolf Pack, afterall there was a great deal of evidence that suggested otherwise." 

"After gathering what I did, there was a hit on fa- Tiberius. Someone had been watching, listening long enoigh to know what was going on, so I did a lot of digging, a lot of breaching in trusts with allies..." Marcello's hand gripped the bottle tightly sending a series of cracks through the piece of dishware, "Found out that someone in this room did him in, set the whole war up, hired the right guy, and bought a specific round to fire into the old man's chest." 

Marcello pulled out a ziplock bag and tossed in the table, the bullet landed in the center but the gun inside quickly weighed it down and it clattered twice against the hard oak. There was Russian writing on the gun, an arms manufacturer that Ivan was in charge of, which the large man's would grow red if he was still alive, instead he stared at his gun. Then Marcello tossed over a weighted letter to Idris, and when it flipped open there were vast details in Edward's writing of security, timing, and the situation of Castle Blackthorne. It was obvious this meeting was to make everyone aware of the problem,  which Treighton continues upon.  

"Concerning our culprits, I have no further words for them." Treighton quickly pulls his pistol and Ivan and Ed reacts, both with spells at the ready. However the Crow Father's gun didn't fire once, instead Marcello unloaded a bullet through the thick Russian man's skull while he sent four through the abdomen of the New Yorker. 

Edward fell, his spell dissipated quickly, and his body was starting to smoke from the silver bullets used. Marcello stepped on the dowmed man's wounds which drew a loud groan, "You fuckin' cunt, you did in our own father? He fucking gave everything!" 

"Oh fuck you!" Edward coughs up dark blood, his body quickly losing strength from the silver lodged in his body, "Blackthorne's going under... I tried to talk to him bit I realized he's too stuck in the past, so after some connections, a little sabotage abd espionage,  yeah I did him in! Always fucking raving about the little prodigies you and that little bitch over there were, never had time for me-" 

Marcello stomped on Ed's wounds drawing out a short scream from him, the gunman responds almost shouting, at this point grabbing the scruff of the business suit to bring Ed closer to his face, "You were trying to destroy us, and you killed him, my father! Our father!! You tried to kill me, why the fuck do you think I look like this?! You sent those cunts?!" 

"Y-Yeah," Edward spat out, a large sneer painted across his face as a gross grin, "And I'd kill you and that fucking prick Tiberius again-" 

A shot went through Edward's skull ending the snake immediately.  The body went limp as it starts to turn to ash slowly but steadily, Marcello let loose all of the rounds in his glock into the body followed by a series of clicks. The youngest son breathed heavily until someone finally stopped him, and the moment he sat down he drank the rest of the bottle, trying to contain his emotions. The emotion of the room was somber, whether anyone felt anything was beyond Treighton, and he'd only continue once everyone was ready. 

"Sir, need I seal the ashes?" Toshiro asked Treighton,  who seemed to be waiting on everyone else.

"No... Have someone dump them in the river, we don't need snakes being resurrected to soak their venom into the Estate." Treighton's response was cruel, but the very perceptive few could pick up the heaviness coming from him, almost as if the Crow Father seemed defeated, a rare occurrence for his emotions to finally spark.  But they didn't, despite the once sniffle and the grim expression, Treighton swallowed his anger and sadness up and trekked onward as always. Since Tiberius died he hadn't been the same, perhaps more scornful and void of life mostly. 

• Love 1

Blaze stood and moved to the two ash piles and his eyes glowed in pure hatred and anger as the two piles suddenly caught fire and were burning in black flames. The black fire had been something he'd been working on perfecting because usually when used it left nothing not even ash behind. His own family had been behind everything? Behind his brothers death? How many had been victims of this treachery? As the piles of ash turned into nothing more than two black scorch marks on the floor he looked at Treighton "I've been perfecting this technique, traitors don't get dumped in a river. Risks someone stealing the ashes and I'm not letting that happen. I'm sorry if this isn't accepted but they were behind our brothers death, attempted to kill our nephew..." the fire vanished and only two scorch marks remained, there was nothing left of the ashes and Blaze sat down beside the crow father but left one empty chair between them as he was prepared to be punished for going against treightons decision of what to do with the ashes.

Edited by Rena-Amane
Added a little more

Sebastián allowed himself to sink into the shadows. This was Family business, and he was not Family. A secret he kept to himself was that most of the clan were related though a common ancestor. Mathematically, it was almost a certainty of course, but between blood magic, blackmailed access to the records of the Church of Latter Day saints, as well as the more accessible sources, he had pieced together more then he let on. Blood was drawn to blood, even if the sire was consciously aware of the relationship to their spawn. However, that did not make him Family. As Treighton began to speak, he knew how it was going to end. Not who would die of course, but he knew with certainty that someone would. Such speeches are the weakness of a detective, be it vanity or pride, but they were also a necessary ritual, in the religion of respect and dominance that vampires cloaked themselves with among their peers.

He met Toshiro's eyes and the two men shared a nod, it was an unspoken communication but enough for the old inquisitor to confirm that he was aware of what was happening, and that all was as planned. But even that knowledge did little to dull the shock of Treighton's first shot, echoing like hall like thunder, reducing the head of a senior member of the family to a fine mist. He hid it well, but those who knew Sebastián would notice the slight twinge at the corner of his mouth. As it escalates, Father Ortega takes a step forward, his body tensing, ready for action. Toshiro's raised hand was enough to stop Sebastián in his tracks. It wasn't the murders that made him tense. He had been hardened to those before he was turned, but the suspense was a thick fog which hang in the air.

Then there was Blaze, passionate and impulsive as he ever was. Sebastián knew that Blaze possessed raw power, and the fire proved, he just hoped that he also had the discipline to control it. It was an interesting position. Familial politics aside, Sebastián appreciated the efficiency and finality of destroying the ashes - and doing it in front of those assembled left no room for scheming or late night trickery. On the other hand, he wondered if Blaze was wise to make such a display of his abilities, or if he would of been more prudent to keep them concealed a hidden weapon. From others it would be a show of power, a threat to dangle over the heads of those assembled - but Sebastián had never known Blaze to operate that way.

• Love 1

Idris was eager to get this over with. While he was none the wiser to the betrayal of his kin, he did not fancy the killing aspect of fratricide. Again he was more passive towards family so it was a good choice for Treighton to handle this atrocious act accordingly. An eye for and eye, though the old Book of Solomon was taken into literal and more extreme context. An elder such as Tiberius was worth more than just his life alone. Still the fact that the bothers scoffed and scorned Tiberius' name made the festering blood in his veins boil and curdle with rage. The look on his face was priceless as his brows furrowed deeply and a scowl followed as his ruby red hues glowed something angry. His hands balled into tight fists as he caused some blood to spill on the white linens. His bloodthirsty aura began to seep out in slow waves of need to satiate such anguish and pain. How could they have done this? It wasn't like there was a fight for the throne; there were many brothers for the simple fact to take over the world from the shadows and make the humans and any other creature bend to the might of the everlasting vampire regime. 

Antoinette was astonished when she herself heard this, silverware clattering on the fine china as her face became that of shock and sorrow. "That can't be right..." Voice soft as a hand muffled her plush lips from more speech as the punishment commenced. Her uncles never told her what was happening exactly, all she knew was that someone was going to die. However this show was too garish and unappealing to her senses. Light pink blood tinged tears began to trickle down from the corner of her eyes. Her father was murdered for such a petty reason; nothing else? "How horrible! How could they do this to us?! To me...and my sister?" She felt her blood run colder than when she used her magic, the Blue Jewel's heart shattered as she then subconsciously began to worry for her beloved sister. Is this why she left her post, to keep herself safe? Antoinette judged her sister too harshly and regretted her rash conclusion without explanation. She was trembling from her emotional state as hate and sorrow intertwined. 

Idris collected himself and soon his blood thirst subsided as the brothers were sentenced and dealt with swiftly. Antoinette curled under an arm and he ushered her under his wing. He could only imagine the child reeling under the realization that his brother, her father, was murdered and gone too soon. There wasn't even a funeral as he perished into dust. The sentiment of such things was lost on Vampire kind. Idris and Antoinette approved of Blaze's actions as he was there for the family. Black sheep or no this was not the time for further punishment but to deepen their bonds and raze the old to uplift the House of Blackthorne once more. Idris would pound the table making everything shake but not break as his features went back to being neutral and poised. "Brothers, I feel what occurred was punishment enough. We cannot allow such a thing to further deepen the fissures in our clan. Let us convene once more and come up with proper decorum and get a game plan to bolster not only our numbers but keep the peace that Tiberius sought to continue here at this castle." His voice was strained in finding the words but mostly he was annoyed that this had happened. Antoinette sniffling and coming back to sitting up straight despite her shoulders still shivering from containing her grief. She said nothing but only nodded in agreement as the men not only were talking but handling the situation with much more tact than she could provide in the moment. Because it was family she would only share this side with them; she had forgotten the guards in the room. 

• Love 1

Toshiro had nodded to Sebastián and signaled with a hand to remain put. The Butler knew the wrath of the Blackthorne and to not get in the way of one, he had seen what they were capable of and while he could have involved himself Toshiro was not true family. But the fact that Edward and Ivan were behind the death of their own father was unsettling,  however it was hinted that someone close had afflicted such pain among the family. Tiberiiys could gave been resurrected if not for one simple fact: he was killed using White Magic, cleansing the body and ashes of the spirit and preventing any return. And just before the ill-fated meeting he was assigned multitudes of targets to eliminate, all of which were Vampiric thugs armed to the teeth with silver and anti-magics; further implications that the two traitors has planned on killing the rest of Blackthorne.  

Treighton watched as everyone was settling down, even though the calming was false he'd seen Idris slam a fist on the table to get things rolling. It was a fine and short collective of words to help get this going, the Crow Father nods and took his seat. He was taking in everyone's expressions, almost like a teacher waiting for their students to settle down but that wasn't quite it. It was more like absorbing a final image of his family in case something happened to the Crow Father. Idris' words rang through the ancient man's head before he continued but still found his loss for words. 

Sitting down finally,  Treighton collected his thoughts and took a long drink of his wine, uncharacteristic of his usual controlled self. Why? It was because he hardly ever drank. After setting the glass down a maid came by and refilled his glass which he took the chance to order a steak for him and Marcello. After downing his second glass Treighton finally spoke, "Indeed. Alicia was sent away because she already knew who the perpetrator was, her own investigation, but I couldn't risk her staying here even after the problem wa handled. Currently she is managing the Akaska Estate and aiding the Constantines, a chance for us to expand into Canada. That said... We must move forward. Marcello will be taking on the roll as Head of the Estate in New York and the following territories, in which I would like Antoinette to help him as training for her role later in the future." 

"I will handle business you have wherever you were at, lest by desire youn wish to be Head here. It is between you and Idris at this point, as per Tiberius' wish. Eotjer of you two would be aided by the Head Butler Ito Toshiro as an assistant, advisor, abd of course your personal grim reaper, however more discussion on that will take place later. Now is the time to vote on the new Head of the Estate."

• Love 1

Blaze had to pick one? Shit, he hated having to chose between family and looked at Treighton seriously "Can I request being a Nightstalker for them and start being a responsible part of the family? If I can be that then I vote for Antoinette to lead." He looked at his niece and smiled "You think alot like you're father did and I honestly regret not being a better brother to him. I feel like you should take over your father's home"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Antoinette was sniffling and regaining her composure only to be caught off guard by Blaze's suggestion. Shaking her head wiping her pinkish tears from her cheeks she furrowed her brows some staring at the table. "N-No... After all of this it is not my place. Uncle Blaze I appreciate your high regard for me but...realizing why my sister left I don't feel I would be a good leader in that regard. I would rather continue to learn under my uncles on my short stay here and have Idris take over as head of the family." Looking up to Blaze she gave him a soft half smile trying not to be rude in declining his suggestion. Looking up to the larger vampire male to Idris he would just nod agreeing that she wasn't ready and it was too soon to put her on a throne that was practically usurped just a few months ago. 

"Blaze dear brother, take into consideration that while our niece is a force to be reckoned with she is still wet behind the ears and this just proved she has much more to learn. If the sisters were together they could probably reign and make up for what the other lacked but they are still young." Idris was still fuming but now it was more out of a concern for his family and keeping them safe. Unlike their brother there was no stopping such a thing if he was gone. 

• Love 1

Blaze actually sighed feeling regret for his vote "That's the first time you've ever called me uncle" he looked at his niece "I'm sorry I haven't been around and if Idris is who you think is best then I'll support you" Blaze looked at his brother and nodded before looking at the crow father "do you wish to say anything about who should lead or about my actions just now?" He pointed at the scorch marks wondering if anyone was going to yell at him for disobeying treightons decision concerning the ashes

Treighton was silent, then Marcello spoke up more out of habit than anything, at first thinking out loud with his first two sentences, but then making a sound suggestion after that, "Our first priority is establishing who'll look after Tiberius place... Shit, would been nice if the fucket left a goodbye card or some shit. Honestly, between Treighton, Idris, and Antoinette, the place is in good hands. I'd like to stay for a bit and clear the area for any stragglers, probably gonna need your head detective if you wouldn't mind. Now that... Idris has the key, our second priority should be getting everything sorted out in the castle, shouldn't be too difficult..." 

Sighing, Treighton looked to Idris with the slightest glance of worry. It was one he had seen before when he didn't know what was going to happen next in these chapters ahead. That one glance was rare. Speaking up directly after Marcello, Treighton said, "In due to time we'll get to that. Idris, if you take over the position as Head of Estate, the rules are different here than in Europe. You'll haveva small but formidable group of Vampires and Humans, you'll have access to some of the most ancient texts of alchemy and sorcery, and... I will be granting you the families fortune across the globe. It is what Tiberius would have wanted. If you decide not to take the role and you return to Europe, I will settle into the North America Blackthorne until a proper heir is produced. If you meet time, take it." 

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

Idris flashed a glare to Marcello. It was just something you didn't do after finding out what happened to hers and Antoinette's father; their fucking brother. "Watch your mouth you pest, or I will rip it from that flapping jaw of yours!" A low guttural growl came from his throat while his fists balled so hard that he began to bleed his own blood in frustration. It's not like his tongue wouldn't grow back anyway so at most it would be an inconvenience. As Treighton explained the pros and cons it was already decided long ago what would occur... though not to his own knowledge. Idris and Antoinette just sit there silently exchanging glances. Besides showing respects for the fallen patriarch they were here for a reason. With a nod Antoinette would wipe her tears from her youthful face smiling to her uncle. "Go on this was why you were coming here anyway." She sniffled and laughed some still sorrowful for the unfortunate situation from before but a little more hopeful now that the meeting of the family has come to this. 

"Of course I have no intentions of letting an opportunity to send fear down our enemies' spines once more. I will take the position and of course keep everyone on as long as they wish. All help is welcome brothers. I want the Blackthorne name restored to its former glory. If you lot will have me of course." His voice had calmed and was somber, but it was full of confidence in his abilities to lead and delegate the coven's needs. "Though on the object of heirs... I feel we should repopulate our numbers as fast as possible. Either with created kin or birthed ones. I've never seen a coven's numbers so low before..." Then again in Europe they kept human farms for such things and it could be seen as barbaric but it served its purpose among others. Antoinette felt it was the latter as female vampires were not given as much freedom as those of their American cousins. 

• Love 1

Blaze listened quietly to his family talk and was trying to understand things that were being said. Rebuilding the coven would mean either turning humans or finding women to birth babies and Blaze currently had no thralls and there wasn't any women he had been in contact with that would be worth asking. The coming days would truly be an interesting time for the Blackthorne family as he helped to rebuild the family power and fear in enemies. 

• Like 1

"You didn't know him like-" Marcello starts but was interrupted when a gentle and warm hand met his shoulder. Treighton had intervened before the boy could cause some damage. Behind the start of those words were hurt, while sorrow was present and Blaze complained about being some family black sheep, there was black tape behind Marcello and Tiberius' estranged relationship.  

After releasing the young vampires shoulder, Treighton straightened himself and continues, "And with heirs, we can't have bastardised mongrels waltzing about, tainting the bloodline too much would result in a variety of future disasters. Nor do I recommend in incestuous acts, perhaps further down the bloodline, descendants and ancestors that have small drops of our original blood. I would indulge in incorporating allies as well, such as the Constantines to make a more powerful line, but that is up to you. As far as turncoats go... There were more than the other two that were expelled, I will provide operations. What else are we missing here?"

Blaze raised his hand looking at Treighton "I want to have a proper discussion about the wolf I keep around and to have ONE chance free of any judgment to explain why I keep around despite how everyone feels about him and why I try insisting we have him be messenger between us and the Midnight Pack." He sighed feeling the hate stares already as he said "I promise to give full truthful reasons for my actions of having him be my friend and travel companion, I just request no judging or comments til after I've explained"

Blaze took a deep breath "Draven serves me because he is indebted to me. I saved his life not knowing he was a wolf at the time. When he was fully healed he revealed his secret to me and swore to serve me until the day I deemed his debt repaid" he looked at his family as he continued "the pendant around his neck has my blood in it to show that he serves me. In the time I have known him he has willingly chosen to protect me and has even killed his own kind for injuring me. He has even found me humans who volunteered to be fed on since I can not feed on wolf blood.  He might be hated by our kind but he has proven himself loyal to me and has refused every offer to leave until I say he's free"

Blaze sighed as he looked at everyone "I'm not asking you to trust him but I am asking that you trust me enough to give him the chance to prove his loyalty to the Blackthorne name and to prove he'll side with us if war breaks out"

Edited by Rena-Amane
Added a little bit more