The Obliging Wench Tavern - OOC Chat

Just now, DreamsnThings said:

I see ^-^ good to know, ill try my best but ill probably slip up and make assumptions based on 5e by mistake, forgive me if i do ^-^"

You are not the only player inexperienced with 5e. Dont worry about it. I am very experienced with Pathfinder.

Just now, DreamsnThings said:

...with sounds a lot like warlock at a glance but uh... ill read through 

It's the closest but they are not the same as I understand it the Warlock is a DPS class, a Witch is not.

44 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

You are not the only player inexperienced with 5e. Dont worry about it. I am very experienced with Pathfinder.

It's the closest but they are not the same as I understand it the Warlock is a DPS class, a Witch is not.

How about summoner? That seems like an interesting basic concept... it also looks like theres faaaar fewer pages to look at

1 minute ago, DreamsnThings said:

So the "unchained" version, that sounds like its unleashed and unrestrained is weaker?

Unchained clases were suppose to be more powerful.

In the Summoner my understanding is that the Eidolon was made weaker but the Summoner more powerful.

It is a complicated not what I would recommend to a first time player. But I'll do my best to help.

7 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

Unchained clases were suppose to be more powerful.

In the Summoner my understanding is that the Eidolon was made weaker but the Summoner more powerful.

It is a complicated not what I would recommend to a first time player. But I'll do my best to help.

Hrm ill look at things some more x.x new systems means a lot of new options 

If you have an idea for a concept I am happy to help. I would also say casters are much more different in Pathfinder. Spell selection is very important and cantrips have little power.

Many spells don't become more powerful as you level at least not in the way it works in 5e.

@DreamsnThings

27 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

If you have an idea for a concept I am happy to help. I would also say casters are much more different in Pathfinder. Spell selection is very important and cantrips have little power.

Many spells don't become more powerful as you level at least not in the way it works in 5e.

@DreamsnThings

Is there a nonmagical support? Something that doesn't use spells but has abilities geared to helping the party do things?

Im realizing the different magic system seems... intimidating to figure out spells

Depends how you define support and how you define magic.

Bards obviously dies and it's not technically magic though it does have spells. Same with Witches.

Cavaliers have Teamwork Feats which are feats that only work if other people and yourself have them. The cavalier can give them to others these have nothing to do with magic and are all buffs

It's why I suggest you focus on a concept think on what you want your character to do and be and then look at classes.

@DreamsnThings

Well no clue as far as practical applications, i can say i dont want her to be physically strong, or strong in her own right at all.. i want her to be extremely reliant on her party, but when shes working with the party her ability to make them shine is noticeable... even if she herself doesn't entirely believe in her own worth.  Im intending to play someone with low self esteem, and a shy skittish personality... who can easily be bullied into doing something she might not exactly want too 

Bard is the quintessential class for this, but if you want something unique to Pathfinder I would suggest Oracle.

Oracles are divine casters, they know a small selection of spells and cast spontaneously like sorcerers, we can pick only buffing and healing spells.

Additionally they are cursed and blessed, and you can play this curse to be part of the reason for your shyness and lack of confidence.

Oracle's also don't pray to gain their power or worship a God like a cleric. They are chosen by Gods and in a way they are their pawns.

I would be happy to create a bespoke sexual curse or similar if the ones available don't really fit what you have in mind.

@DreamsnThings

A semi holy woman sounds like a good start, also lets me say her being "chosen" is why shes stuck going on an adventure would prefer to have the curse be seperate from her shyness though...

Being chosen as a whole and sort of forced into going on this quest is also perfect... as for the "bespoke sexual curse"... i need an elaboration since i haveno clue what that means...

The curse doesn't have to be why she is shy.

Let me give you a couple of curse examples from the game.

Clouded Vision
This one makes you near sighted so are effectively blind beyond 60 ft.

Deaf
You are deaf which affects you Perception which is one of the more useful skills in the game.

For an Oracle the curse chairs as they level. And you can see all curses here.

If you want a specific example of what I would do to curse a quiet/shy character. I was thinking of a curse that makes her admit things she find embarrassing. Sort of like a Truthful curse that makes her admit she is in fact very much enjoying what her abuser is forcing her to do. That's just a quick example and we can discuss it.

@MagnificentBastardok i think i understand a little how these curses work, to start with they have a pro and a big con, but at 5th,10th, and 15th the pros get better or in some cases the cons are lessened...

...with this in mind being permanently under the effects of "zone of truth" or whatever pathfinders equivalent would be works for me... we can call it a curse of honesty and we can do something like... letting me cast a modified version of zone of truth? Maybe with the caveat that every question my target answers i am compelled to answer a question of theirs?

That, or since i was considering playing a catfolk anyways, we can enhance their pheromones feature and do a altered version of the "odious" curse for a "problematicly pleasent" kind of con?

2 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

@MagnificentBastardok i think i understand a little how these curses work, to start with they have a pro and a big con, but at 5th,10th, and 15th the pros get better or in some cases the cons are lessened...

...with this in mind being permanently under the effects of "zone of truth" or whatever pathfinders equivalent would be works for me... we can call it a curse of honesty and we can do something like... letting me cast a modified version of zone of truth? Maybe with the caveat that every question my target answers i am compelled to answer a question of theirs?

That, or since i was considering playing a catfolk anyways, we can enhance their pheromones feature and do a altered version of the "odious" curse for a "problematicly pleasent" kind of con?

You do understand how curses work. Oracle's get one other thing besides curses and spell. Which are mysteries and it's the basic explanation of the mystery of their powers.

Either curse idea works for me, though the curse for the pheromones sounds similar to Irresistible drawback trait from my custom list.

So you said no crafting. That would include upgrading my bonded item, right? I took Bloodline: Arcane, and while I don't get feats or spells from it (due to leaning into nine-tails for fluffy) I do get a bonded item. I was hoping to get a ring and then use some of my starting funds to upgrade it into a magic ring. It's okay if that's not allowed, it'll just be a bonded ring then.

9 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

You do understand how curses work. Oracle's get one other thing besides curses and spell. Which are mysteries and it's the basic explanation of the mystery of their powers.

Either curse idea works for me, though the curse for the pheromones sounds similar to Irresistible drawback trait from my custom list.

Making the downside of the curse being im treated as being unresistable for any creature within a specific distance of me works.. assuming i have a way for the rest of the party to not be constantly affected by this... assuming i still get some kind of upside like the other curses and something at 5th, 10th, and 15th... preferably not extra spells known

5 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

So you said no crafting. That would include upgrading my bonded item, right? I took Bloodline: Arcane, and while I don't get feats or spells from it (due to leaning into nine-tails for fluffy) I do get a bonded item. I was hoping to get a ring and then use some of my starting funds to upgrade it into a magic ring. It's okay if that's not allowed, it'll just be a bonded ring then.

That's acceptable. It's more a problem of downtime not sure when you will be able to improve it again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

Making the downside of the curse being im treated as being unresistable for any creature within a specific distance of me works.. assuming i have a way for the rest of the party to not be constantly affected by this... assuming i still get some kind of upside like the other curses and something at 5th, 10th, and 15th... preferably not extra spells known

I just meant that it would have to be a different effect because that drawback exists. Also I believe another player is also considering taking this drawback and I would like the characters to be different.

However if I did do it this way, you would get advantages whilst they are distracted. Such as allowing other characters to sneak upon any character that is raping yours.

@DreamsnThings

1 minute ago, MagnificentBastard said:

I just meant that it would have to be a different effect because that drawback exists. Also I believe another player is also considering taking this drawback and I would like the characters to be different.

However if I did do it this way, you would get advantages whilst they are distracted. Such as allowing other characters to sneak upon any character that is raping yours.

@DreamsnThings

If its specifically during getting raped i think ill reconsider my curse and pick something else, ill look into mysteries and try and make a more developed source for my powers as a whole