“Vanoria” Fantasy Setting OOC

Will throw out a number of random ideas people could potentially play.  Most of these could be played by anyone, not necessarily involving me.  The only exceptions would be anything involving the emperor, one of my characters, but one who has not appeared yet.  Of course you can come up with own ideas too, these are just suggestions for anyone who wants them.  A lot of these could include someone new to their position to give excuse to introduce both the character and player more to the setting.  I may add to this list later, if I think of other things.

Exploration of the imperial court.  Perhaps the child of a noble making their first visit.

An initiate into the priesthood.  Trained to learn the secrets of the Vanorian gods and their worship.

An ambassador, human or otherwise, visiting the empire to try to keep peace.  Perhaps bringing tribute as well.

A foreign princess, human or otherwise, seeking to make an alliance by marrying a powerful Vanorian, maybe even attempting the emperor himself.

Monster hunter and hunted monster.  A professional who seeks to capture monsters, to use as either weapons, train slaves, or (especially with female monsters) to breed more in captivity.

A breeder slave.  One who with the help of magic, mates with and bares children of various monsters.

• Love 1

A little more world building.  My view of life within the empire.  Might add more later:

Vanoria lives on an extra strict view of order.  They constantly expand because they are strong enough to, and believe the world will be happier, more prosperous, under the rule of their emperor.  There is some greed on the part of individual lords/officers too, but they believe in the 'mission' as well.  Every land on their borders is an eventual target.  It is just a question of when.  Diplomacy with Vanoria is more about delaying that eventual war.  Or occasionally finding a way to join the empire peacefully that is acceptable to the other side (at least their leaders, sometimes wider population).  They believe everyone has their place.  Slavery strengthens their empire and is approved by their gods.

The class structure in Vanoria:

Emperor

Nobles

Free Citizens (something like a middle-class, cover roles not trusted to slaves but that nobles consider beneath them)

Slaves

The word of the Emperor is law.  They have remained strong enough to enforce that will.  Nobles are given some freedom to run their lands, as long as they pay their taxes and provide men (rarely women) for the armies.  But doing anything that would displease the emperor is very dangerous, with severe consequences if they caught.  Nobility do have plenty of privileges, and sometimes special treatment.  Offending the emperor is not treated lightly however.

Family life and the place of free women.  A Vanorian man is allowed to have a single wife at a time.  Divorce is frowned upon, but possible.  A man of wealth can of course have slave girls as well.  It is not uncommon for such a man to have children with the slaves as well.  If he does, it is his choice whether the children are also slaves, or freed and considered legitimate children.  Though if a noble or the emperor have children with both a wife and slaves, children of the wife take priority in inheritance.  A woman who is not a slave is more or less equal to men, though men are considered head of a household, and women can only inherit noble titles if there are no male heirs.  A woman has a little social pressure to follow more traditional social roles, but there are no laws strictly enforcing it, so you do see occasional exceptions such as women soldiers.

Non-Humans places in the empire.  It has been many generations since 'Vanoria' referred to a single human culture.  The original Vanorian people still dominate the nobility, but the lower classes, slave and not, is more of a mix.  The general process when Vanoria conquers a new land is to enslave the majority of women and some of the men.  As long as there are no rebellions, they are integrated into the empire within a few generations.  Among the especially, but also in the Free Citizens, many non-humans can be found, though humans do still make up the majority.  As long as these people are loyal to the empire, there is no significant tensions between the people.  An elf, dwarf, or many other types of beings are considered legitimate Vanorians.  Those that are closer to monsters though are generally only treated as something that is a mix of slave and cattle.

• Love 1

The Imperial Priesthood:

This is a world of many gods.  Some much more powerful than others.  Some worshiped throughout the world, some more regional/local.  Each god or goddess has their own priesthood.  The high priests are the only ones who can potentially overrule the emperor, but only if they can prove they speak directly for their gods and the god wants something done differently (and it does not disagree with a more power god's wishes).  In some lands there are wizards or other magic users independent of the priests, in Vanoria only priests are allowed to use magic.

The strength and continued growth of Vanoria is considered a blessing of the gods.  Slavery has long had a religious aspect as well.  One of the local gods has long insisted those two too weak to lead should be lead by the strongest, used as their tools.  That to be a slave is holy.  Slaves are used in many rituals.  For example, a young man, who has just reached adulthood, traditionally goes to a temple, in a ritual where a slave lays nude on an alter and he has sex with in a ritualized process, said to imitate a legend where two ancient gods created much of the world's life.  Or festivals where all the local slaves are temporarily shared with all the men around them.  Sometimes they are used to initiate a new priest, where either the priest or slave is temporarily possessed by the god of the temple.  And their blood is sometimes drawn for ritual blessings, such as the beginning of spring.  In a way, slaves are part of the temple, but not considered proper priest(ess)s.  Temples to certain gods use them for for the breeding mentioned in the idea suggestions above.

Non-Human Neighbors to the empire (will add to this, I suspect):

In recent generations the empire has continued to vastly grow.  There western border is a great ocean.  The continue to push east, absorbing nation after nation.  Their southern border is a mix of mountain, desert and empty mostly barren plains.  Lands to be explored in the future, but have little value, compared to the lands they continuously conquer.  The northern border is another matter.  Much of it, especially in the north west, include empires nearly as old as Vanoria, with ancient conflicts.  Progress has been made, but much slower, an individual city or two here and there, with many years between them.  The strength of the Vanorian army comes from fighting these enemies.

There are the elves, proud, ancient.  They were a people of the wilds, the woods.  A few still cling to that life, but centuries of war with Vanoria hardened them.  They built cities to rival their enemy, massive armies.  Though they really more on magic, including summoning strange creatures from other planes.  The Vanorian priesthood has begun exploring these strange worlds, exploring ways to draw on their power, to fight the Elven empire, ruled by an ancient emperor, who has faced countless Vanorian emperors,  Should Vanoria fall, the elves might attempt to take the empire, and more.

The dwarves quietly mine,, in mountains to the north and south.  For now they have a business arrangement of sorts with the empire.  Much of their weapons and armor come from the dwaves.  The dwarves know Vanoria will turn on them someday.  For now though, they are united against the elves.  The elves are an immediate enemy.  They sometimes try to invade the northern mountains.  The elves claim the dwarves are the creation of an evil god.  They would be content to conquer humans, they would go further with the dwarves.  (Clarification:  The dwarves long ago dug deeply enough to find realms that some consider a hell, populated by beasts that could be considered demons.  But it remains to be seen whether or not this is judging a book by its cover.)

The orcs are a recently conquered people.  They came from the north, driven south by the elves, into Vanoria.  There they found a new enemy.  Vanoria considers them closer to monsters, very few have become Free Citizens.  They are mostly treated similarly to slaves.  Though there are a rumors, a few isolated tribes hiding in the mountains, but keeping distance from the dwarves.  There are occasional stories of individual women occasionally captured from border towns, but going into the mountains is enough trouble that Vanoria considers it a goal for another time.

Past these realms are things Vanoria has heard rumors of.  Fairy like folk, small things locals call 'halflings', among other things.

• Love 1

This is going to be a long one.  If you have been reading along with the Angel story, you are aware of the Lanarin.  Unlike the other races, this is one I came up with on my own.  I had originally created them for an old RP on another site, but decided to bring them back here.  Going to copy all the information I wrote about them for the old RP:

The Lanarin

Confined to isolated, uncivilized territories are the Lanarin; or 'People of the Shadows'. They are a nomadic, tribal warrior society (though they have been unable to live as nomadically as they would like for some time). It is a matriarchal and age based society. The eldest woman of each family is the Anina, who make up a council, led by the Unira, or Chief who is the eldest woman of the tribe.

When a girl of the tribe becomes 16 she becomes a warrior and is sent out to kill a great beast or monster. If she succeeds she is admitted into adult society, if she fails she is either exiled or treated as a child for life. The more she kills, the more respect she has within her age group, age combined with number of kills determines her rank in society. The eldest daughter is always the chief heir of a family. If a woman has no daughters, then it will be her closest living female relative.

Marriage for the Lanarin doesn't exist, unless they go out into larger society of other humanoid races. Childbearing is much more similar to many animals. A man may challenge a woman to combat at any time, as long as both are at least 16, their age of adulthood. If the woman wins the man will simply walk away, perhaps to try again another day. But if the man wins she will submit to him (though only one time per win). There seems to be some mysterious pre-human instinct left in their women that if they are truly and fairly beaten they will feel an irresistible urge to bed with the man until the sexual experience is concluded.

The physical appearance of the Lanarin is not drastically different from humans. The women are of 'athletic' build, that is to say thick and firm limbs and torso, but yet not fat or with budging muscles either. Their curves are very visible and their skin tends to be a dark tan even from birth. Most of their women do notgrow their hair, and those who do tend to tie it in an elaborate fashion, and often include many pieces of jewelry or plants. They are often tall, rivaling most human men. Little is known about the appearance of Lanarin men, the women don't let outsiders see them.

Their relationship with other races have long been cold. A series of wars in earlier generations has reduced their population to a sliver of what it once was, and confined them to the areas which are officially under human control, but often given a fair deal of freedom. There is a strong dislike and mistrust between them and other peoples. And though some human kings have tried to change it, it hasn't had much success.

Their religion is a simple reincarnation belief. The greater a warrior and more moral a person you are the greater a warrior you will be in your next life. They believe that they will usually be born as a decedent, usually several (Four or Five) generations later.

Lanarin Men

While the women may still have traces of animal behavior and instincts left in them, the men are truly closer to beasts than humans. They walk upright and are shaped like a human but they are still covered in fur, and are much less intelligent. They are about the same height as the women but of slightly larger build. They can only understand simple statements and questions, and while they are physically capable of speech few learn how to say anything and those that do can’t say much.

They live with their mother under strict supervision and secrecy for a few years before being kicked out of the family. They then spend their time alone and away from the women living completely in the wild. They only come into contact with the women when their instincts demand them to seek one and fight her, this usually happens at set times around the beginning of spring. Though once in a while a rouge male might try to find a woman at any time of the year.

The women realize it will only make humans and others look at them as even more primitive and savage if they knew this. So there are always bands of women patrolling the grounds around the males and chase away any curious outsiders. Though they make sure to stay far enough away that the males don’t notice them.

The very few humans who have managed to get a glimpse of one of them tend to only see them for a moment and have no idea what they’ve seen and since the Lanarin don’t say anything about it, the sightings have developed into something similar to Bigfoot legends. Most Lanarin women get at least some amusement out of hearing these stories, if hearing them from a human, they tend to either be silent or play along making up stories.

Expanded details of Lanarin breeding:

Male Lanarin are more territorial than their women, they avoid the villages and wait for individual females to be alone or in small groups, usually while hunting or gathering supplies. They are also wilder, even more animal like than the men. When they find such a woman they come out to challenge her. The woman’s mindset is not to back down from such a challenge. They tend to love a good fight but there is also a desire to pass along their genes, especially if they are still childless. They also believe their children should be as strong as possible, hence the refusal to accept the man without proof of his strength.

After winning the length and details of the breeding can vary, the males are known to challenge females both for fun and for breeding. If he is purely after a child he will only target a woman in heat and be done within in a few minutes. If he is looking for fun it can last for as long as few days, the woman in a wild state often for the entire period. Eventually the man gets bored though, so he seeks a break and after that a new woman. The only time direct competition for women occurs is if an intruder invades the male's territory, either because he is young and doesn’t have an established territory yet, or he thinks his neighbors territory is more valuable in terms of food an/or women and seeks to expand into it.

Already in a submissive sate the female will casually watch such a fight, if the challenger wins, the woman’s attentions shifts to him since he was obviously stronger than the opponent who already defeated her. This happens rather infrequently, and based on the males' desire to mate with as many females as possible a woman can usually expect to challenged by an individual male about once a year, whether she wins or not. But depending on how wide her own hunting area is and how much her village moves she could face many different males over that period.

It is an equally rare occasion for a male to have a few females simultaneously. This can happen either through the women traveling in groups or a new one wandering in shortly after the defeat of the previous woman. If they are in the group both the man and woman believe the fights should be one on one, the man will choose who to challenge first and other(s) will wait. Regardless of who wins the man will move on to the next female and fight her. If only part of the group is defeated the females who won will move on and let the male enjoy his partial victory.

• Love 1

So yes, I've seen it before. I am surprised I didn't even react to it. Oh wait, I did but I didn't see the other post added. I will be honest, I do not know what kind of characters I can make with this story and if ANY of my characters would apply to this story. I'm always adding new ones too but I'm still not sure about what kind I should be aiming for to start making a character.

• Love 1

Took a look over your preference sheet.  Probably nothing connected to slaves.  Looks like it will probably be a yuri focus.  It may be worth looking into the side of the world me and Allie won’t get to for a while, something involving the elven empire and its other frontiers.  If you want to go furry, you could include something like that.  A lot more freedom to develop new types of people off in that section of the world.  You also could do something else if you want.  My character could be a female elf.  Depending on what your character is exactly, mine might be initially looking for something to capture/tame, perhaps changing her mind as they spend time together.

• Love 1

Oh, slaves? It depends which. I have a few but just not listed in my albums. My repertoire can be pretty wide. The unfortunate consequence to that is that we would have TONS of choices. I would not mind taking a look at what would interest you so I can find a list of potential characters. As you don't seem to mind yuri, would you prefer a furry characters, a human, a kemonomimi? I imagine a loli is out of question but the reason I ask is not because I necessarily want one but so I know what to minus tag for searching in my lists. Loli "seems" to be on your green list, though. Now, I know it's not really fair to ask you what kind of character you would prefer exactly because choices are so many. Is there an available one (in my albums) that you would be fine with, by example?

• Love 1

There is almost nothing that is really off limits for me, as long as it fits the story.  Basically the only thing that is close to that is something that would not come up here, that being MxM content, and even that I’m beginning to do in very specific circumstances/stories.

Whether slavery is considered depends on where the story is.  If we go to Vanoria, instead of the elven empire, that could be explored, but it is basically always in an MxF context in this setting.  A male master, and female slave.  Though there is precedent for breaking that rule in the Angel story, but it happens only extremely unusual circumstances.  If you want to do MxF we can, but I suggested FxF since it looked you had a strong preference for that.  It’s up to you.

I’ll check your albums in a little bit, though I am again rather open minded on the sort of characters included.

I did think of one other thing that might be fun to suggest, but have to look into that a little bit before suggesting it.  May or may not get up an update on that today.

• Love 1

I got my update, on the thing I was thinking about.  This could make it more fun/interesting, if you like it.  My thought was we could possibly try to come up with a 3 person story, including Allie.  I’ve done that occasionally in the past, though 3 is the most people I like in one story, won’t be suggesting more.  I checked with Allie and she likes the idea.  But will leave it up to you, if you like it, or think 3 is too many.  It may or may not impact who we play.  I’ll look at you albums after seeing what you think, to this and my last reply.

• Love 1

I was doing 3 people until like... a day ago. 3 people is incredibly fun. So I say yes! I would love the idea to do 3 people. I'm active often anyway so it would not be too much of an issue. But yes, I also know that there is a certain impact with characters but I'm ready to hear what you think and do efforts to try to find a character we will all like in consequences. Please tell me what you think.

• Love 1

I looked a little at the galleries, though it looked like many were unavailable.  I had been thinking about a story idea.  Let’s see what you think about this.

This would be set further north in the setting.  Past the elven empire, at least starting in a more isolated place.  My character would be something like a rather experienced witch.  Still considering whether human, elf or something else.  Allie’s character would be a girl who was either a new apprentice mine, or about to become one.  Your character could either be another one like that or something unrelated the other two come across.  Maybe something like a protector.  Maybe a girl who is the source of the witch’s experiments (maybe a volunteer, maybe not), changed in various ways by her.  It’s an open idea, a lot of flexibility for exactly what your character is.

• Love 1

That does allow for a lot of possibilities. It also depends how nsfw we want to go along with this. I was almost thinking about being a kind of familiar with the way this sounded. Something of the Fidget kind. But yes, it does leave a huge amount of possibilities. Also yes, something you had mentioned about is that I mainly do FxF. OH and I can also use more than one character if needed. Still, Need to decide what would be best. A normal character, a familiar? There are so many possibilities, some maybe among my available characters. (I am also cursed by indecisiveness which doesn't help a lot. x.x) I have a fox girl (furry) with 2 different eye colors stashed somewhere that could be used as well. The flexibility is nice but it also tickles my indecisiveness a lot. ><

• Love 1

My stuff tends to be a pretty strong mix of sex and story.  Though the ratio varies somewhat depending on the exact story and what is happening in it.  A familiar could work, as does multiple characters.  I may have multiple here too, though not how long term they will be is less certain.  They will come and go as the story requires them.  You can do as much or as little MxF as you want, even none.  Allies' character may or may not get a little mixed in, if you are fine having included for other people's characters and makes sense for the story.

• Love 1

Hmm... Alright. I would like to use a character that you both like, not necessarily for sexual activities. In the context of what you would need to start, though... I have a potential example below but you would need to tell me if it is an acceptable choice or not. (And whatever it looks like, I found it on the safe side of the website). I will put her below and you can tell me what you think. She has 2 eyes of different colors, maybe affected by magic experiments or something. It's just one idea among many but I'm looking for ideas right now. Please tell me what you would think of her:

Spoiler

84da0b282be2d684f0d31a9bf1a7bff9.jpg

• Love 1

Sooo that character would be good enough? I know many would just tell me "Play whatever you like" but I feel like it's good to also play something others like as well. It makes insertion into things more fun for everyone. She was just one example of character I could use but if it's not good enough (Both for you and Allie), I could try to find another one. Just making sure. 🙂

• Love 1

I did let Allie know to take a look at it too.  She has not looked at the topic yet (or had not when I told her you wanted to know what both of us thought).  I do think it is a good one.  Maybe or maybe not partially influenced by experiments.  We can all figure out exactly what it means to be a witch in this setting.  It’s a harsh world, they will do what they need to survive.  They may or may not draw on darker powers (if they do it might be darker powers only, or maybe those as part of a larger mix of sources).

• Love 1

Ah, good good... I hope Allie will get to see and she may like it. (I am not exactly active right now as I try to find relief from some stress) but I'm happy that it might be a good choice. I don't know if this fox would have dark powers though. IF must be, I can always find a dark affinity character. Otherwise, I suppose I will wait until things are ready for something later. :3

• Love 1

Set up a gallery for the story.  Added a potential picture for my character, Allie’s character(s) will eventually go there too after she finds picture(s).  Perhaps yours will go there as well.  Been keeping every character for a specific story on single galleries so far.

• Love 1

I know I didn't reply to this yet but I still hope to do this sometimes. (Whenever free). Besides of my fox above, I may have a kind of dark character I could use who has a focus on dark magic. (She also has some kind of elven ears but she is apparently a succubus of some sort.) It's a character I thought to use in the past but she could also come back:

Spoiler

__original_and_1_more_drawn_by_murakami_

• Love 1

Hey guys! I finally read over everything! The story sounds great so far and would love to be Satai’s witch apprentice, I would probably say now starting off as her apprentice.

My character would probably be an elf(no surprise there as Satai knows I like playing elves in a fantasy setting and I’m currently playing in my and Aurora’s RP.)

I like both of your characters Aurora. I can see my character possibly bonding with your first character as she starts her training to become an apprentice. They may become friends and my character could find it nice to talk to yours and lean on yours for support. If your character does end up going down the route of being someone used for witch experiments, I can see mine feeling sorry for yours and possibly deepening our bond and becoming closer.

Your other character is interesting as well. She could find our hideout one day or she could even be like a summoning or spell gone wrong, conjuring your character and she has her way with us.

Satai, how would our characters interact besides the teacher/apprentice dynamic? Besides your character teaching mine the basics, would be maybe even start teaching me darker spells? Maybe spells that involve your character doing sexual things to mind or would involve our characters doing sexual things of that nature? Aside from your character teaching mine how to be an apprentice, she would also in a way be teaching her about sec and pleasure through magic and spells.

• Love 2

That character could work.  Either as an elf or succubus, 'dark' side of the angel story.  I was thinking there could be some exploration of supernatural realms, worlds of some of the gods (figure there are many).  If she is the succubus version, she could be connected to one of them.  Or she could be a mix, an elf, maybe another apprentice, but changed/given power by one of those gods.

I was thinking they are in a more isolated area, a 'witch' as my character studies magic not approved of by the Elven empire.  It might start conventional at first but then go darker later.

Another possibility I was thinking of, if both of you like it, while mxf would be limited to some occasional stuff with Allie's character, there could be futaxf mixed in as well.  If we include that, possibly one way for my character to power to yours.  That instead of conventional semen she pumps something more magical into them, the first time is needed for them to use magic at all, and additional times give them more power (or perhaps just need it every so often to cast magic at all).

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...