General OOC Discussion!

Okay, so, I was reached out in confidence by some members who wanted me to discuss an issue with Warning privately regarding their character.

The intention was to keep the vibe positive and work collaboratively but one thing I won't tolerate in any club I have moderation over is lashing out at people in public spaces.

If anyone has an issue with someone, you either take it to Ecchitext or contact me and I will try to correct the issue.

The reason I was contacted regarding the matter was because the individuals did not want to hurt anyone's feelings or feel like they were 'calling them out' in public.

We are all adults here, there's no reason to blast the group.

• Like 1
  • ^ This 1

*Lucky rushes onto a static tv screen while wearing a cowboy hat* You a mech that needs a checkup? You got a device that needs repair or needs to be upgraded? You want some items custom made for you? Well come on down to Lucky’s Engineering Emporium! We can repair anything! Is it mechanical? We can fix it! Is it jewelry? We can fix it! Is it made of anything? We can certainly fix it! And if the item is too big to bring here, I make house calls! You don’t like the results of your current items? You can be darn tooting sure I can upgrade them! Something this ship doesn’t provide that you want made? I can make just about anything! So come on down to Lucky’s Engineering Emporium for all your needs!”

… I hope this is a bit less confusing…

• Like 1

Okay... Things happened and this took me by surprise. Just to be clear, I really want to get along with everyone and I did not get the impression until today that something felt off with my character. Look... I will not consider it calling out or hurting my feelings if someone thinks something about Warning is off. I might have let the impression that she is a "do all" character but she is not. I wish I could reassure everyone that we (me and the host) had a more or less good plan with my character so if anyone has questions, please ask!

I'm understanding that many things may have been unclear about her role aboard the ship (as an AI) so if there's anything that feels out of place, please... let this ooc discussion area be a good place to talk about it. I thought we were having good fun so far and I would love that we keep it going that way. I am sorry to everyone if I may have come off as overreacting, I really wish to have a good time with you all and I hope you will consider this post as an attempt to do so. Please ask away if you have any questions about my character!

Edited by Warning
  • Like 2

I personally think SRK is a pretty interesting character and she’s meant to be a ball of fun right? As well as capable of feeling and understanding pleasure? And as much as she is an AI it seems to have a lot of humanoid and animalistic traits. It could be interesting to explore more of that in her characterization….. Perhaps once she interacts more and more with the crew, she isn’t as perfect or sharp. Maybe she gets distracted or too involved with something other than her normal functioning? 

AI isn’t perfect and as it has been explained before on this ship in particular, there’s a hokey even pseudo science feel to some degree. It’s all very retro, despite being new aged tech. If that makes sense. So I think playing around with that concept might be fun. I tend to think about Guardians of the Galaxy a bit, if you’re familiar with that franchise. 

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, Harmony Frost said:

I personally think SRK is a pretty interesting character and she’s meant to be a ball of fun right? As well as capable of feeling and understanding pleasure? And as much as she is an AI it seems to have a lot of humanoid and animalistic traits. It could be interesting to explore more of that in her characterization….. Perhaps once she interacts more and more with the crew, she isn’t as perfect or sharp. Maybe she gets distracted or too involved with something other than her normal functioning? 

AI isn’t perfect and as it has been explained before on this ship in particular, there’s a hokey even pseudo science feel to some degree. It’s all very retro, despite being new aged tech. If that makes sense. So I think playing around with that concept might be fun. I tend to think about Guardians of the Galaxy a bit, if you’re familiar with that franchise. 

A sort of... everything is advanced but nothing worms. Yeah that was my original vision.

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, Harmony Frost said:

Interesting! Yes, I really go along with how her character was intended to be. I might have added more, with her being the apparently ever so silly yet watchful goofball while everyone was asleep. I admit I allowed some freedom that can be adjusted to reflect her real nature more. In one of the info thing about her (I might have included this in her "bio"), she is not very skillful in social situation because she doesn't have the same program as other AI who are more, uh, socially involved. Well, this images might explain it:

Unr6A3x.png

And yes, she is indeed not "perfect" hence all of her little silly things going on around her. She can easily be caught in shenanigans and things humans do, in a certain hope to "learn" yet not always succeed. I do hope I succeed well on that side but even I am not too perfect at this. Also yes, she is indeed capable of feeling and somewhat understanding pleasure but she might have a strange way of "translating" that into proper terms. As she was built in a synthetic manner, she was made, well, biologically alike to livings.

The only thing that's different might be that she can be slightly stronger due to the synthetic fiber muscles (Stronger than one her own size) but also capable to breathe in space since she doesn't really have lungs. (She is not alive like a human). A correction to what I said before is that, yeah, she can't really repair herself but I dunno who between a doctor or engineer might know more about synthetic fibers. Well, whichever fits best. We probably have some station for her, I guess? (Someone can check on her, I mean.)

Edited by Warning
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Harmony Frost said:

Maybe both the doctor and the engineer have to work together? That could be fun. Thanks for explaining more about Warning. Knowing that she’s socially awkward makes sense. 

I mean, i felt the need to do so to reduce confusion. I like the idea that both could do this. As for her assigned role... She is what she calls herself a "translator alert unit." To play a little with what Me and Mysthero had agreed on or about, she translates languages, be it computer or racial. Note that she can only really translate what is learned inside her database. She has "tools" to try and learn new language but it's not something she can just cheat in with a fingersnap. It uses all sorts of algorithm to try and coin a translation as best as possible.

As for her alert part, SRK is basically assigned to be capable of seeing systems in the ship and listen to communication and the like, with the objective to direct any reports of issues to administrators or ranks in place. So she cannot magically stop a fire if there's one. (And I am sorry if I've implied such thing before.) I imagine the ship was dormant while everyone was asleep so no such thing would have happened anyway but her protocols would have forced her to wake the captain up IF it happened. All she does is translation and issue reporting.

Edited by Warning
  • Like 1
  • Love 1