General OOC

Posted (edited)

Yeah, you could start your own for now.  We’ll have to figure out how much we break threads up as characters interact with each other, coming and going.  Whether they join existing threads or start new ones.

Multiple threads with the same character could be written at the same time but happening at different times in-story (or be ‘alternate versions’ of the character if someone wants to explore one of their characters going in different directions).  Would have to keep in mind character development in one influencing another if there were multiple threads of the same version of a character. But will leave that up to players involved.  Though if it is an alternate version, should probably somehow note it in the title.

Edited by SataiRolePlayingGuy
  • Love 1

What I like to do is simply see it like a VN or a game. We have character introductions (If they are alone) and we can refer to them if we branch to other threads. Like a main threads where characters gather. I would post on such thread with a link to my character introduction so readers can see the root of where that character appears from.

In short, I do not think that it would be an issue. Now if a character is directly relevant to an introduction, they can always step in there before branching. But yeah. It MIGHT sound confusing but it will make much more sense in action. We can always find out specific ways later but for a start, I think it would be good to spark some starting activity.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 1

As this topic is getting longer, I set up a new one that people could optionally use to get specific stories started up.  Including making suggestions for others, that they don’t have to do, but could think about.

https://ecchidreams.com/community/topic/8107-story-request-topic/

• Love 1

Meanwhile, I'm thinking this alias thing may not be good for Mitsuko because she doesn't really try to be a super hero of sort. I know some magical girls DO have special names but some don't. One of my favorite for instance, Sakura, doesn't really use a code name. Meanwhile, Sailor Moon. XD But yeah. I don't feel like my Alias is that good for her.

• Love 1

That is a fair point.  Many would choose one, a mix of protecting people close to them, and to have a quieter ‘civilian’ life.  But some might not care, or crave the attention from people knowing who they are.

Ryan might not choose a traditional alias either.  Though he will likely choose a girl’s name, which is basically the same thing in his case.

10 hours ago, Warning said:

I just noticed randomly the reference of Alexandrine and Jumi. Which is pretty much a "Legend of Mana" giveaway. (The former being a jewel). Jumi were the best.

I have played that, a long time ago, it was an interesting but random coincidence.  I think I had found Alexandrine on a random name list way back when I picking her name.  Jumi is just a name I like to use in various RPs.  She may or may not be made into a proper character at some point.

I put up a picture of Jumi, transformed, in the galleries.  No profile yet though.  I figure her team is based in another region of Japan, how big the regions are, how many teams a given country has, probably varies.  The regions are probably older than most countries.  And barring islands, some could be in border areas, watching parts of two or three countries.  

She could be used in a number of small stories with various characters.

She could potentially meet Mitsuko or Toshiro.  She could run into some lesser enemies, maybe or maybe not a victim of them having some fun with her.

• Like 1

Yeah, this is one that finally has a potential to have a number of stories going independent of me, first time in one of my clubs.  I do have a little bit of an idea of what the one profile is going to look like, but waiting to see the details, and what if any character(s) she might be connected to/get connected to (I offered the option of being part of Jumi’s team, but will see if that happens).

One other member might be making a character that may or may not be similar to one I’m playing with in a private RP, but it might take her a few weeks to have time to join in.  The others, will see if they play or not.

The rest of you can feel free to try to talk anyone into joining that you think might like it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

We got another profile up now, from @ElieCapulet30 (don't worry about reading this whole thread, unless you want to).  Now we get to figure her place in the story.  What characters she might interact with, and what might happen to her (will try to update the polls a little later tonight).

• Woohoo 1

My Mitsuko is set. Now I can't shake the feeling that I need an evil side character and since we have lot of demons, I might settle for an alien or space bound creature. Not sure about my options there but also since non-humans are supposed to be enemies of humanity, I'll have to think this one out. In due time. For now, I'm excited to see where this goes.

• Love 1

I put up a new poll.  Since it looks like votes can't be edited, adding something new might not have worked.  I remade the previous pairing polls (as one poll) for just Jumi and Elie.  I would be up for putting Elie with Jumi, they could get into some short term trouble with demons/monsters.  They could have some involvement with Mitsuko too.  Any one else can make suggestions.  Will wait to commit her to Jumi until we take a little time to see if anyone else wants to do something different.

• Love 1