Dreamer's Rank & Plans

This will be a mild suggestion with some plan added to sprinkle this topic and also trying something out while hearing some opinions. 

First, there two "ranking" in EcchiDreams, the Golden Dreamer and the Platinum Dreamer which is a nice thing to add for Dreamer to have a flashy username which I praise whoever come up with that. On to the point, Imagine if dreamer does try to get a title and seeing a lot of Gold and Platinum scatter around the site. It will be a bit redundant or lose value which I proposed an idea, what if you could get more option than just these two. There could be two paths I could take from this: 

Having a rank system with these and making more for Dreamers to have a variety to choose from. For example, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, etc. and each title costing more than the last. This will get some people excited to aim for the top which is expensive and motivate people to get some cash in order to get them. 

The other path I have is that all the title will cost the same but it will be expensive to some degree and the perk you mention could be a lock color. For example, If I buy the Ruby Dreamer, I can get the Red color being automatic and making the ability to choose different color gone from any Dreamer unless you get the desired title. 

This is just a plan I have in mind so this isn't much of a suggestion rather me telling you what I envision on using the Donation feature. xD

I could use that feature as a way to get money by drawing people character as an example which I will post soon and cost currency of this site as payment~ Of course, it could be used for lots of other things such as story, drawing, poem and other stuff people may get them interested on donating away for that cause. 

• Like 1

• Senior Staff

I disagree in regards to the first point. I don't think it makes it redundant or valueless, or even seem that way.
The value is in working for it; posting on EcchiDreams to earn EcchiCredits, using what you worked for to 'buy' Premium.
It encourages people to post, and hopefully gets them into the habit of posting even after they get Premium.

As for the donation feature, arguably it can already be used for that. If people want to 'charge' for their work, then they're more than welcome to.
But there's the matter of people being able to choose not to pay. It's an open system; other people could charge less, or even nothing, for the same thing, which means no guarantee of being able to make any EcchiCredits off it.

That's just my opinion though.

• Like 1

Still, it would be better to have more options than just two and seeing many people having only those two title will discourage such habit. A friendly competition wouldn’t be so bad either but what is to aim for when there lots of people with few possibilities when it come to many. Of course, this is theoretically since depending on the cost of that Platinum, only me and Shuya are most likely getting that....maybe. =3

I do like to hear how much the Golden and Platinum cost during their first release. I am guessing roughly around 10,000 for Platinum? 

"If Platinum is coming out around 10,000 EC (Which I kind of doubt), then I'm making sure to get it as soon as possible XD"

"But as for the topic at hand, Foxy's right about the commissions thing. There will be some people that will try to dupe you for a drawing. And some people might be skeptical that you won't draw anything and won't be willing to give up EcchiCredits. I would love to give some EcchiCredits to the people that I know I could trust for a drawing."

Yeah, I could see that happening but would people really be clingy to fake currency that much? Well, I am opening a draw donation so you know you can trust me on that. ;)

I would probably ask the money up front before submitting the piece so there are some flaw to this since the donation is new to me. Which is why I need to test every function to find flaws or bugs so we can improved them.

• Senior Staff

@lVergill: How about doing a half-and-half system? Half up front, half on receipt.
You have examples of your work as a 'portfolio', so people can see what they could expect from you.
That way, they're not paying the full amount up front, so they're not out if they're worried about it, and you still get some credits if they try to screw you for whatever reason.

I also sort of reconsidered my reaction to your suggestion about the different premium memberships (so this is potentially a suggestion for @Temaelrin?):

Maybe it would be possible to, for example, implement a "fancy name" membership. Say "Ruby", "Emerald", "Sapphire" (RGB), for arguments sake.
This could be a cheap-ish option that may give you less perks than premium, or perhaps nothing more than Dreamers have, except a cosmetic change to the name.
We'd have to limit how many we add, since making an option for people to change the colour to whatever they want would result in way too much to handle (hence my RGB suggestion; only three new 'groups'), but it could be possible to do...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up