What are some series that don't get enough love?

Title pretty much says it all. Do you know of any anime/manga/hentai that doesn't get enough love? That is to say, series that are considered to be underrated and/or not well-known? I'm happy to allow for any underrated cartoon series to be mentioned in this thread as well, so, it's not limited to anime/manga/hentai series only.

I'll list some of my own that I think could do with more love.

✿ Akagi: The Genius Who Descended into Darkness
✿ Arashi no Yoru ni
✿ Cromartie High School
✿ Dofus: The Treasures of Kerubim
✿ Haré+Guu
✿ Tekkonkinkreet
✿ The Irresponsible Captain Tyler

I can probably think of a few more but I'm tired and have spent way longer writing up this list than I should have. x.x If I think of any more I'll add them to this post.

Now I want to hear what you Dreamers have that could be added to this thread! Fire away~!

• 6 months later...
On 07/12/2019 at 06:06, Sunstone said:

Title pretty much says it all. Do you know of any anime/manga/hentai that doesn't get enough love? That is to say, series that are considered to be underrated and/or not well-known? I'm happy to allow for any underrated cartoon series to be mentioned in this thread as well, so, it's not limited to anime/manga/hentai series only.

I'll list some of my own that I think could do with more love.

✿ Akagi: The Genius Who Descended into Darkness
✿ Arashi no Yoru ni
✿ Cromartie High School
✿ Dofus: The Treasures of Kerubim
✿ Haré+Guu
✿ Tekkonkinkreet
✿ The Irresponsible Captain Tyler

I can probably think of a few more but I'm tired and have spent way longer writing up this list than I should have. x.x If I think of any more I'll add them to this post.

Now I want to hear what you Dreamers have that could be added to this thread! Fire away~!

Katekyo hitman reborn just doesn’t ge enough love

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A Anime I think really is not getting anymore attention which I think it should is especially an old anime called Candy Candy from 1976 

35051l.webp

This was my first Anime I ever watched and I still find it beautiful and lovely even
for something from that time, I also think another Anime that can't be found with
English Subtitles is also good called Hello! Sandybell

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

One really old Anime I think doesn't get enough love anymore due to how old it is but also because it is girly I still think it is one amazing story of an Orphan Girl striving to live her life the way she wants with all types of struggles along the way.

Anime is called Candy Candy

original.gif

I don’t know if these are really underrated or if they’re just not popular in my friend group.

Nana. It’s kinda unique for a romance anime. Main Nana is boy crazy, makes both bad and good decisions, and has to deal with the consequences of those decisions. A more realistic kinda romance story.

Outlaw Star. It’s a good story with a likable cast of characters. (I fucking love Aisha Clanclan.) I think, it being a space western and coming out in when it did, it really suffered for not being Cowboy Bebop. 

Yona of the Dawn. A bit fantasy, a bit action, romance, betrayal, with a little bit of that reverse harem feel. Decent character development. 

• 2 weeks later...

Kaleido Star. I mean genuinely such a great gynmastics show from a period where Japan was really investing into the animation scene and taking special care in producing some great set work and design. The show combines heart with the difficulties of show biz in a way that's stylized, but done tastefully. The main character's development arc towards the series finale is sheer animation perfection.

Archived