OOC talk for Monster Academy.

Just now, Thatannoyinggod said:

Lol yes?

Dude, I was just reminiscing on the fact that you left. I was sure at this point that you were a goner lol. For heaven's sake, next time please at least inform people what is going on and why/how long are you going to be gone for.

That said, holy crap I missed you :x

• Like 1

Just now, Icarian Dreams said:

Dude, I was just reminiscing on the fact that you left. I was sure at this point that you were a goner lol. For heaven's sake, next time please at least inform people what is going on and why/how long are you going to be gone for.

That said, holy crap I missed you :x

Yeah, that was definitely not cool of me. I just had some stuff drop on me that messed with me and robbed me of all motivation to do anything that wasn't work or keeping control of home. But, I'm finally seeing some relief and wanted to at least reach out and make sure I was still wanted around here.  lol 😅

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JennyDK said:

Welcome back again. I am sorry, but I put the vice headmaster as an open position. It's nothing personal, but since it wasn't used for several months, I decided to make it available. You are free to make a new character for the position, of course.

No need to apologize. Thats completely understandable and entire within your right to do. I might once I get back into the swing of things. Guess Edgar will be retired as well haha.

Just now, JennyDK said:

Welcome back again. I am sorry, but I put the vice headmaster as an open position. It's nothing personal, but since it wasn't used for several months, I decided to make it available. You are free to make a new character for the position, of course.

...Why wouldn't it be possible to just keep Edgar, if nobody took the position while it was open?

Also, to reference your previous post since I got (pleasantly) interrupted as I was responding to it: Yeah, I am holding up multiple posts at this point. I'd respond more often, but I have scarcely time to do so with my finals right around the corner, and an arrangement of other important exams leading up to them. I'll most likely be able to get more active sometime around March, and maybe in the latter weeks of February. Sorry for the wait!

3 minutes ago, Thatannoyinggod said:

Yeah, that was definitely not cool of me. I just had some stuff drop on me that messed with me and robbed me of all motivation to do anything that wasn't work or keeping control of home. But, I'm finally seeing some relief and wanted to at least reach out and make sure I was still wanted around here.  lol 😅

Well it is good that you're back around. We certainly need more people coming round to the club 😛

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

...Why wouldn't it be possible to just keep Edgar, if nobody took the position while it was open?

Also, to reference your previous post since I got (pleasantly) interrupted as I was responding to it: Yeah, I am holding up multiple posts at this point. I'd respond more often, but I have scarcely time to do so with my finals right around the corner, and an arrangement of other important exams leading up to them. I'll most likely be able to get more active sometime around March, and maybe in the latter weeks of February. Sorry for the wait!

Well it is good that you're back around. We certainly need more people coming round to the club 😛

Well I will do my best to be around more. Right now, it mainly depends on how busy my work gets and if there's any work I gotta do on the weekends for the business I'm trying to start up. 

• Love 1

@ThatannoyinggodThank you for understanding and I hope you will get the resprite you need and hopefully we can get to enjoy your presence for longer this time. Sorry to hear that real life has been a bitch, though I think at least a message about a break would have gone a long way. I am not saying you should feel guilty or stuff like that, just that it kind of leaves everyone wondering what happened and such. I can deal with someone saying they are going for a break far better than when they mysteriously vanish.

@Icarian Dreams I am choosing to do so when I cannot fully trust that a staff member will be around and able to participate. Of course, I am open to that being more possible in the near future if TAG does become regular once more. It is nothing personal, like I said, but I don't think I should keep positions locked permanently in the hopes of someone MIGHT be regular. Those positions are of higher status for a reason.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

@Icarian Dreams I am choosing to do so when I cannot fully trust that a staff member will be around and able to participate. Of course, I am open to that being more possible in the near future if TAG does become regular once more. It is nothing personal, like I said, but I don't think I should keep positions locked permanently in the hopes of someone MIGHT be regular. Those positions are of higher status for a reason.

Yeah, I do definitely understand and agree with the idea of opening staff slots when people go missing, I'm just curious as to why not allow Edgar to remain if you are also allowing TAG to create another character to fill up... that same position.

3 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

@ThatannoyinggodThank you for understanding and I hope you will get the resprite you need and hopefully we can get to enjoy your presence for longer this time. Sorry to hear that real life has been a bitch, though I think at least a message about a break would have gone a long way. I am not saying you should feel guilty or stuff like that, just that it kind of leaves everyone wondering what happened and such. I can deal with someone saying they are going for a break far better than when they mysteriously vanish.

Yes, you are right. The disappearing issue is a bad habit of mine in real life too, which I am working on thankfully. And I definitely agree with you @JennyDK, leave it open in case a more active person wants it for now. While I love using Edgar, I don't want my inactivity to block others from scenes or characters that they want to try out.

• Like 1

I changed that to showing when he is once more regular. Furthermore, I cannot "unhide" his profile post anymore. For now, it can stay like it is, but when TAG shows to be regular once more, we can definitely discuss opening up for Edgar again, in case someone else has not taken the position already.

I think this sounds pretty fair to everyone. With how tough it has been to fill positions, I am certain that TAG can regain Edgar when it seems reasonable to allow this.

• Like 1

No problem. I think one of the staff members can unhide once we reach that point where it seems viable to discuss for TAG to get Edgar back. I really like that character, but as a club owner, I also need to think of the needs of other members and give them the chance to fill in any positions that no one was using.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

No problem. I think one of the staff members can unhide once we reach that point where it seems viable to discuss for TAG to get Edgar back. I really like that character, but as a club owner, I also need to think of the needs of other members and give them the chance to fill in any positions that no one was using.

That is very true.

38 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

It basically means that only staff members, club owners and probably moderators to be able to see a post. The staff topic has plenty of "dead" characters, their posts hidden from regular members.

Ah gotcha! Haha I was a little confused there 

• Thanks 1

No bigger storyline has really been here. It was always meant as mostly slice-of-life, rather than bigger story archs of some sorts. Of course, that doesn't mean we cannot have some sort of plot going on overall and I am considering making posts in the "Announcement" topic for when something could be a topic or topics for the students and staff to get involved with.

How do you like this idea @Icarian Dreams?

An example of this could be that some students seems to have vanished lately. To give something very basic to serve as an example.

• Woohoo 1

2 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

No bigger storyline has really been here. It was always meant as mostly slice-of-life, rather than bigger story archs of some sorts. Of course, that doesn't mean we cannot have some sort of plot going on overall and I am considering making posts in the "Announcement" topic for when something could be a topic or topics for the students and staff to get involved with.

An example of this could be that some students seems to have vanished lately. To give something very basic to serve as an example.

Ooh! I like that! I remember that whole vending machine vandalism was a thing happening in the overall world. The student vanishing idea does sound really nice. Could lead to some interesting stuff. And great idea on posting that kind of stuff in the announcement post, makes it available to everyone to work off of without getting buried.

• Love 1

That's the plan. Now the vanishing students was just the very idea of the top off my head. I will probably provide something more substantial in case there is a bigger interest for it. It seems like it will help the club have a bit more "depth" and feel more real and less of a "stand still" so to speak.

I am excited for how this might help both clubs of mine 😄 

• Woohoo 1

1 minute ago, JennyDK said:

That's the plan. Now the vanishing students was just the very idea of the top off my head. I will probably provide something more substantial in case there is a bigger interest for it. It seems like it will help the club have a bit more "depth" and feel more real and less of a "stand still" so to speak.

I am excited for how this might help both clubs of mine 😄 

Definitely! And if I can think of any ideas that might be applied to either of them, I'll shoot ya a message and talk them out with you 😊

11 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Hard for me to say, really. My first reaction is to say that it would take away from that slice-of-life feeling of the club and its identity, but then slice-of-life does require something that would keep it from becoming boring. I do think that some smaller stories or plots happening in the background (like the mentioned vending machine story) do help keep the world alive, but I'm uncertain how deep into it you'd want to lean, to ensure that you're not making the club revolve exclusively around these plots.

I do have a feeling like only a few students would actually participate in that - at least that was my experience with the vending machine, when I proposed a pursuit of that to I think Ruben and Keya. That said, the reason behind it may be just because it wasn't made clear whether you wanted people engaging in that, so with the right setup it may work - it is after all a way to give a prompt to users, which is something I've been advocating for.

• Like 1

Just now, JennyDK said:

They would be minor things, to help give the world and academy some "life", more than some sort of grand storyline.

Yeah, I'm just making sure 😛 Imma say give it a try. Combined with the event system, I feel that it can help the setting progress and feel more alive.

• Like 1
  • Woohoo 1