Academy arena.

Being put on the spot, Vangor had no response right away.  While it would've been easy to name Bella out of the very few people he had held a conversation with that didn't end with them being weirded out by him.  His usual mask of confidence began to slip as his eyes looked around in all different directions while he racked his brain, trying to come up with the right response.  'How does one escape from a situation like this?' Vangor thought to himself.

Once more she is faced with a silent partner, which makes the gazer girl a bit more ticked off and frustrated with the situation. 'Why am I given someone like this to work with?', is what goes on in her head and she tries desperately to try and steer things back on track or they will be wasting time with this nonsense. She decides to take the reins of this situation and act rather than hope and pray that the boy is going to be responsive."Allright...I shall try and call her then...since there is no objections", she simply says and then pulls out her cellular phone and dials the number of Malikah, her phone near her ear and head as she waits for it to be picked up on the other end.

• 3 months later...

------------------

"Well..We're here." William's shoes tip tap into the Arena of the academy. The atmosphere was quite fitting; after all two strangers will be going against each other. The architecture is very fitting. He looks at Malikah getting prepared; Misha arriving in too. He positioned himself on the other end of the light which indicates the arena center. He waits for Misha, but angles his sword upside down. "No holding back, right..?" The sword reveals its full shape; a cleaver edge, made from some type of dark stone and silver, never going dull. Thick, black and purple smoke radiate from it, the sharp edges pulsing purple. "Good luck. May the most skilled warrior win." 

The two ladies follow him to the large building that is the arena, which gives plenty of room to do stuff in, as well as having all sorts of gear and such that might be useful in training or duels or something else entirely. The goblin has not yet been in here and thus look around in marvel and amazement from the size of it and how it is built."Oh damn. The tribe could really use a place like this! Looks like you can do any sort of training and fighting in here", Misha comments. Malikah merely sits down somewhere in a relaxed position, where she can look over the area with ease."Allright. Just start whenever you feel like it", she says nonchalantly and pretty laid-back and stretches a bit. On the way to her own spot, Misha once more summons her spear and holds it against the floor as she looks over the human before her."Allright. Let us get this over with. I have yet to explore the whole place yet", she speaks before start.

"..." William moves the part of his hair which is covering his Compass Eye. The eyeball bloodshots as it locks down onto Misha. William draws only one foot forward before blasting off like a missile rocket at the goblin; extreme in-human speed, before appearing in front of her about 5 seconds into the duel. "I hope you can keep up.." He draws his sword from top to bottom at Misha's body, her mask getting a slit from the attack. It was an intense slash, the wind around them quivered. 

OOC: Misha's duel post 1 out of 5. First test duel.

Just as she senses him about to make his first move, Misha roars out like nothing anyone would imagine someone her size would be able to. Every muscle and vein in her body throbs and almost boils over with intensity and her eyes going fully wild. Her hands grip the long spear firmly and as the slash is trying to hit her she turns her spear horizontal, making the sword clang upon its length, parrying the attack with sheer strength. Though she is tiny, her physical strength is overwhelming."Ohhh, I might just!", she says before pushing the spear upwards again to free herself of its blade.

"..." He is slightly surprised as his air time is over, his feet slamming down onto the ground. The force he is pushing against her spear makes both weapons shake. But, he stays barely phased. In a way, he was expecting such an ability. "I like your enthusiasm, little one..But-" As she throws his blade off; he purposely followed it with his wrist, which ironically aligns him for another slash. "You didn't think this one out.." The blade sets on purple smoke, as a strong force comes from it. William slashes down; but hits the ground. Pieces of it fly out, as a small but dangerous crater is formed, in an attempt to either wound Misha or disbalance her. 

OOC: Misha's duel post 2 out of 5. First test duel.

"Oh, I am far from done!", she simply utters, followed with a huge and fat grin on her lips. She notices how the sword makes its way downwards and with a highly aimed and precise poke of the spear, the tip of it hits the blade, causing William to have to deal with tremendous force towards his weapon itself, making his weapon not hit where he wanted to, but rather in a different spot, nullifying any advantage he may have wanted to go for at the very least, with best scenario being able to disarm him.

"..." William is too late to realize it, as her percision strike lands in. The force of his swing instead shoots up, right at him, attacking his body directly. "....." The counter tears his suit a bit, exposing his toned body a bit here and there. Once the strike calms down, William is slightly hunched. Blood lines spout out from his shoulders, abdomen, right cheek. Her attack caused some minor wounds on him. His hand which grips his sword begins bleeding..Yet, she couldn't make his large build budge majorly. 

His legs shoot up from their weak position. He pulls his sword back, but slams the spear away with it, suddenly throwing off Misha with great strength. He tilts the blade horizontally, and diagonally slashes at her chest with efficient speed. 

OOC: Misha's duel post 3 out of 5. First test duel.

Both of them seem to be able to hold each other from dealing serious damage or get too overwhelming an advantage. The force pushing back against her spear causes her to go backwards, which she turns into a backflip instead and ends up landing on her feet a fair bit away from William, using her momentum to gain a lot of ground between them."Hehe...nice try, human!", she growls and grins wide once more. Then she gets herself on the offense, as she runs with high speed, spear aimed at the teacher.

"It seems like, I'll have to take a different approach about this." What he meant by that was revealed right after his words. Purple roots begin growing out of his sword wrist, but way faster than when he made that pencil to showcase this power. The roots turn into a purple chain that is attached to the handle. Suddenly the tables have been turned, and Misha saw why. The moment she charged, William threw his blade completely straight at her, and the chain expands from his flesh accordingly. It flies fast and steady. And with one pull, the sharp edge of his sword is swung horizontally at her wrists, about to cut them badly. The range advantage she had is now..Turned against her! "The ability to create anything I desire out of my mana..Surely, can change the path of a battle..I guess I should reveal why I possess such skill to the two of you.."

"Outside of Ironclaw, I am a Monster Hunter." 

OOC: Misha's duel post 4 out of 5. First test duel.

"Ah, is that so? Fancy tricks are not going to work though!", she quickly replies, the berserker rage still boiling within her, adding immense strength to her body. She keeps her speedy assault going, but just in time, she goes down to slide along the ground and using her spear, she tosses it with all of her strength in her body, focusing on one of the links making up the chain, aiming to either break this chain or to put all this force into his body.

Whilst she attempts to do so, a quick pull of the chain by William re-directs it away from her throw, making her completely waste her shot. Now, she was disarmed. He runs up to her and catches his blade back into his hand. Once getting the distance on Misha, his run up directs into a kick right into her chest, which should keep her against the ground. "Speak for yourself.." William kept his leg against her body, with a strong hold. 

Edited by KanDaKnight

OOC: Misha's duel post 5 out of 5. First test duel.

Whilst she may have tossed her spear, Misha still uses her rune to instantly have her spear appear in her hands again, barely having enough time to use the staff part of it to guard herself from the foot coming down at her."Looks like you are not totally lost in a fight then", she says with a grin again and uses her last bit of time to try and push him off with all of her might.

Her push flings his leg away and causes his balance to be thrown off. William expected such circumstance and quickly balances himself, Misha successfully releases herself from the tight end he had her in for a moment. The chain disintegrated from his wrist into the air. "You need to consider thinking your attack out. Do not rely only on your strength.." He backs up further, wiping some of the blood off of him. "You're too reckless, so it is easy to outsmart you..Pulling my weapon away from your throw was a no-brainer." He finishes, as the time should have rolled in for now. "Other than those weak spots..You held pretty okay against me considering I am larger by frame. Good job~"

Edited by KanDaKnight

Misha comes back to her feet right away, her rage dying down now that it is not needed for anything."You were merely lucky, that is all", she says, not certain that was what that turned things around and her dismissing her spear again. She rolls her eyes at the further criticism and simply decides to ignore it mostly."Sure...if you say so", is the only comment given in return. Malikah comes over and looks fairly excited."Oh wow...very fun match there. How are you feeling there teach? You look a bit damaged", she asks.

"Do as you please," Vangor quietly responded, deciding to keep his association with Bella a secret.  As a more indoorsy type, Vangor didn't agree very much with the kind of mentality someone more sporty tended to have.  In his past, he had a number of verbal conflicts with those types, leading to his eventual dislike of them.  'The sooner this project is completed, the sooner I can return to my own plans.  I must finish perfecting my Shadowshot and continue searching for more parts to craft a new staff,' he thought to himself.

"Merely lucky..Mm, yes..Keep telling yourself that. Once Malikah comes over he flashes a sincere smile. He makes his sword disappear. William takes a look at his wounds. By wiping a bit of blood away; his wounds have already turned into scars. The tissue has basically patched up. "Well look at that, haha..I didn't expect to heal this fast." He touches his coat and using his creation magic fixes up the tears in his clothing. "Mmh..How I feel? Well..Satisfied! I havent had this fun with a monster in..Well a while! How are the scores looking?" 

On 07/04/2022 at 14:35, JennyDK said:

Once more she is faced with a silent partner, which makes the gazer girl a bit more ticked off and frustrated with the situation. 'Why am I given someone like this to work with?', is what goes on in her head and she tries desperately to try and steer things back on track or they will be wasting time with this nonsense. She decides to take the reins of this situation and act rather than hope and pray that the boy is going to be responsive."Allright...I shall try and call her then...since there is no objections", she simply says and then pulls out her cellular phone and dials the number of Malikah, her phone near her ear and head as she waits for it to be picked up on the other end.

On 28/07/2022 at 07:20, NyxAvatar69 said:

"Do as you please," Vangor quietly responded, deciding to keep his association with Bella a secret.  As a more indoorsy type, Vangor didn't agree very much with the kind of mentality someone more sporty tended to have.  In his past, he had a number of verbal conflicts with those types, leading to his eventual dislike of them.  'The sooner this project is completed, the sooner I can return to my own plans.  I must finish perfecting my Shadowshot and continue searching for more parts to craft a new staff,' he thought to himself.

OOC: Only included my last post to remind myself about what we both last posted

The gazer girl sighs in relief as her request was met with what seems at least like quiet compliance."Allright...I am sure she can help us set up something nice and useful. Just try and be on your best behaviour and try to be...open minded", she says, wondering how the two of them might get along, since Malikah is generally really polite, nice and accepting. Seeing as he seems a bit impatient, she makes her texing quick and precise. Within a few minutes, the arena is greeted with the presence of the large and muscled goro woman."Hey there Karnis, good to see you! Ohhh, this is your project buddy? Heeeey there young man...who are you? I am Malikah!", she says and reaches out with her hand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 28/07/2022 at 08:53, KanDaKnight said:

"Merely lucky..Mm, yes..Keep telling yourself that. Once Malikah comes over he flashes a sincere smile. He makes his sword disappear. William takes a look at his wounds. By wiping a bit of blood away; his wounds have already turned into scars. The tissue has basically patched up. "Well look at that, haha..I didn't expect to heal this fast." He touches his coat and using his creation magic fixes up the tears in his clothing. "Mmh..How I feel? Well..Satisfied! I havent had this fun with a monster in..Well a while! How are the scores looking?" 

Misha simply puffs her cheeks and groans lightly, not really too happy with it, but pretty satisfied with her performance overall still and feeling good about getting a chance to prove her worth and skills here as well. At least the healing ability seems pretty nifty and handy to them both."Huh? How do you do that? Humans are usually pretty squishy and takes a long time to heal up", the goro woman asks as she wonders about that. She looks at the paper with the four categories and lists the scores for both participants."Allright, so for you, William: Speed: 4, power: 2 use of powers: 2 style: 3 - a total of 11. As for Misha: Speed: 2. power: 4. use of power: 3, style: 2 - also 11 in total. Looks like a draw to me", she finishes.

William nods in agreement over the scores. A draw he honestly expected: Its like they are two opposites in a way. "I agree with the Judge..It seems like we excel each other in terms of opposite." William walks up, offering Misha a well deserved handshake. "I guess..We were made by mother nature to fulfill one another. Under a combat context." Then, he begins to ponder what a draw means. "Uhm..Malikah?" He calls to her with a gentle tone. "What will we do about this draw then..? I am guessing we won't complete our stakes?" 

"Oh..? How I do that..? Well..Ahm..I'm actually the host of a demon soul..Ehe." 

Misha nods at that and luckily seems in a better mood, especially after that judgement."Yeah...maybe. As far as I can tell...not much combat really happens here. What tribe do you hail from anyway?", she asks, clearly not really used to anything in this dimension yet. The goro woman begins to wonder about the predicament as well, since she did not expect something like that in the end and generally she is more of a "do'er" than thinker."Uhhmm...I guess you both win then...so both prizes. Is that....fair?", she asks.

"We don't hail from tribes here..We hail from families. Though my family is not an important one to be fair.." William takes a notice of the way she words herself. Perhaps this gobbo wasn't like the other monsters; Perhaps she just randomly hopped in one day and now finds herself confused as ever. When hearing that a tie means two prizes, William shakes his head and takes out his wallet. "Fair enough..I'll take the two of you out on an expensive date."

The goblin gives him a very puzzled look, finding it to be pretty confusing. The idea of not growing up in a tightly knit and overall small and collective "identity" seems alien to her."So families are the word for a group of people living in the same village here? What village are you from then...and why dishonour your family? Did they break some sort of tradition or rule?", she asks, clearly showing that her mindset is really foreign to the common kind in this world."Wait...why me too? I thought it was just Misha here...and date? Are some days more expensive than others and what happened to the dinner?", she asks, showing a different sort of ignorance.

"Yes..Except its in smaller numbers. It is kind of like..Ahm..So you have one group of people who re-populate, and their off-springs find somebody outside of their group, and re-populate with them, and when the process is repeated time after time, it becomes a massive tree. It is not exactly like a tribe; but the living conditions are similar.." William explains for the cute gobbo, his mood can be easily observed to have been lifted. Williams likes when people ask him questions and they listen to his interpretations/explanations of the subject at hand. When Malikah seems to be confused in the context which William used the word 'date' he tangles up some of his magic once more and creates a whiteboard with markers. He grabs a marker and opens it. "It seems like I'll have to get in detail for you two.." William begins drawing. "For Misha's question: It is not that my family broke a rule or a tradition, it is just that in our world there are so many families, that the importance of one could only be suggested if they are related to an ancestor who had great achievements; basically imagine Misha if you were related to a tribe leader. That makes your blood special amongst the tribe."

"As for Malikah's question: A date basically has two meanings. A friendly and romantic way. If I remember correctly, Misha's stake for me was to take you two out on a dinner, as she stated: "how about you buy an expensive dinner for Malikah and myself?". A friendly date is: A dinner, lunch or breakfast with friends or people you know. Romantic..Well, I suppose I dont need to explain that." He put the marker down on the board and looked at them seeing if they understand.

• 2 weeks later...

Misha is clearly still a bit puzzled by this very different and odd change in population and culturistic difference. For now, she simply goes with what she has been told and try to reflect on it over time."That doesn't really explain to me why you would dishonour your lineage as you did", she simply answer to the seconds part of that interaction between them. She then sits down on a nearby leveled edge made of stone to observe and listen further. The goblin feel like correcting him, but simply let it slide as there is little reason to do so. The goro woman rubs her chin, clearly having to focus on this, despite how simplistic it actually is."I see. I will likely forget though, but for now I think I understand...training hard does bring up a heavy appetite. I will do this date thing you speak of then...".