Lucy Skye's Room | Dorm #55

"Welp, if you're serious about that mercy, get off, or you'll suffocate me," Lucy teased, with a wide grin giving Karnis two theatrical light pats on the leg, signaling her wish to be set free. Her slime body might be quite comfy, but she breathes through it after all. Of course, the fact that the gazer's weight didn't make that too much harder for her didn't stop Lucy from using it as an argument. She could of course free herself quite easily, but where was the fun in that?

No matter whether released or not, Lucy continued onto her other thought, forming a plan for tonight. "Alright, so that leaves: Watching movies, eating snacks, and..." she lowered her voice for dramatic effect. "Girly talk... but," she returned to her usual tone, "...by my decree, we're leaving that for the end! Meaning you need to climb onto Netflix and find us a film while I make popcorn." Lucy winked, and gestured with her head towards her laptop.

Edited by Icarian Dreams

Karnis suddenly realizes how long time she has sat on top of Lucy as she is asked to get off. She knows Lucy well enough to know that being restrained in any sort of way is almost impossible. Still, she finally gets off of her and smile sheepishly."Okay, okay! You are now free of the gazer prison, since I am so nice and kind", she says and giggles cutely, her smile never seeming to fade from her face. Her floating eyeballs blinking a few times.

She listens to what is left to do and of course even she is not used to girly talk, even with Lucy. They just usually hang out and have fun, but topics that goes under that category are rarily touched upon and if they are, they are not going as deep as the material she founds, suggests."Yay! Snacks!  Movies! Ooooooh right...I remember...also, makeovers! Is...is that weird...on me, you think?", she asks while browsing the library of movies to watch.

• Love 1

Free from the gazer's clutches. Lucy stood herself up, with smile giving Karnis an affectionate pat on the head. "Thy kindness shall not be understated, Lady Karnis!" she laughed, stretching her limbs as she managed to gather herself up. Headed for the snacks bag, she lowered herself to gather the pillows from the floor and throw them onto the bed, freeing up some space in the already quite packed room. She raised an eyebrow at the sound of the excitable girl. "Hmm? Makovers?" Lucy thought for a second. "I don't have any makeup, but we could give you a new hairdo. You'd look absolutely adorable in twin-tails!" she asserted, giving Karnis a smile and an inquisitive look, before scanning the room for that one hot plate she still had stoved in somewhere. "Or- you could give me a makeover," she proposed, pulling out both the plate and a pot to make the popcorn in. "...or a couple! I'm easily moldable!" The slime-girl winked.

• Woohoo 1

Karnis watches Lucy look around and eventually finding the stuff she needs to prepare them some fresh and hot popcorn. In the meantime, she makes a list of movies. They are a mix of chick flicks, comedies, a single horror movie and even a really sappy romance movie. Honestly, she has never ever tried to getting or givin a make over, but the list did include it, though she may have forgotten in all her eagerness and excitement."Oh wow! Why...why not both? Seems fitting for...when watching stuff!". she says and squeezes in an even more adorable manner and looking ever so giddy!

Lucy took a step back, looking over everything she had gathered. Stove - check, popcorn - check, pot - check, oil...? She looked around the room, as if the oil would somehow magically appear on her bed. Well, in this school, stranger things could happen, but, alas, no spirits had left a bottle of oil anywhere in the room, so she had to settle for the one she forgot she bought just minutes ago and which was still sitting in the bag next to her - one that thankfully she checked right after she examined the room.

With a satisfied grin, she pulled the slime of her hair together and up, froming a rather wobbly green chef's hat on top of her head, before answering the little gazer. "Alright, but no eating at the same time, alright? I don't wanna end up with popcorn in my hair." The goo-girl smiled. It wasn't long until the room was filled with the sound of boiling oil and the popping of kernels. Lucy may not have been the best cook, but thankfully making popcorn was easy enough, so the result was two bowls of these tasty (and not-too-burnt) snacks.

With the snacks ready, she slid her way onto the bed, poking her head against Karnis' shoulder to see whether she's found anything, and placing a plastic bowl of hot, salted popcorn on the girl's chest. "Sooo- what's first?" she asked, already throwing some popcorn into the general area of her own mouth.

• Haha 1

Luckily, the task for the gazer girl is quickly over with and thus the screen soon shows a comedy movie starting off. She giggles lightly and looks at Lucy with an amused gaze at the sight of gel-like hat forming on her head."What do you take me for? I can handle ALL the popcorn, girl!", she says, trying to sound sassy in her tone of voice, but ending up mostly giggling it out. She has not been in Lucy's enough times or even had the need to find any sort of make-up here, so she looks at the slime girl and speaks her mind."Where do you keep your make-up then? I hope you can live with how little experience I have with that stuff, haha!". Meanwhile, she seeks it out, while waiting for a reply back.

"Ohhh, I found a silly comedy that has got good reviews, but one I haven't seen yet. I think that would be a good start", she replies back and pops a few in her mouth as well, humming in delight from the nice feel, warmth and taste.

Lucy laughed, the popcorn already starting to disappear in the depths of her gooey throat. "'Course you can, bud!" she affirmed the gazer's sassy comment with a smirk. She raised another handful of kernels to her mouth, stopping just as she heard Karnis ask her question. "Oh- umm... told you, don't really have makeup around. Doesn't really stick to me too well, ya know?" she responded, her voice betraying some concern on whether that would be much of an issue. With how much her body was shifting around during the day, anything she applied on her skin had little chance of survival. In fact, the best effects she had when it came to cosmetics had been with... food coloring.

She gulped down the second grasp of popcorn, hearing Karnis out. "Sure thing! Human or monster one? Keya once got me to watch a dragon-produced one, and I missed, like, half of the jokes," she mentioned with a look of contemplation on her face. "Weirdly enough, the human ones are usually more relatable."

Edited by Icarian Dreams
F A C C

Karnis looks a bit saddened as she realizes that makeovers seems less viable now and in their future sleepovers, at least on Lucy. She makes a mental note about asking around for someone to loan her some make-up. Still, she wants to get to the other vital parts of the list."Ohhhh, right. Sorry. Maybe...keep that one till next time? Maybe...maybe we could be three...and me and the other could get one? But for now...I just want us to have the bestests of times!", she says, her voice and attitude still full of pep and enthusiasm!

The gazer girl begins to dig into the popcorn as well, still not fully familiar with human food and treats, but they are certainly very interesting and often even tastier as well."Uhhhmmm..I already picked one, silly! This one is made by humans and I hear it is very funny", she says and giggles softly while pointing at the screen showing the start scene of a movie called "Dumb and Dumber".

A vision of her room, filled with half a dozen of little Karnises, each pillow in hand, swarmed Lucy's mind. One. One was enough. She smiled, chuckling a bit at the vision. "Sure, K, next time we can get another!" she reassured, not wanting to let the gazer down. Well, maybe she could manage one more. If it made lil' K happy.

"Now, I know you already picked one, which is why I'm asking if it's human- or monster-made. Understood, Captain Goofball?" the slime girl asked, teasingly booping her friend on the nose. "Now, whoever laughs first, helps me clean the room in the morning. How 'bout that?" she asked cockily, as with another swoop of her hand, the bowl of popcorn was reduced to a third of its capacity. Not waiting for an answer, she pushed herself into the bed, and focused on the screen, ready to indulge herself in the pleasures of human cinematography.

• Haha 1

Karnis has no idea about the silly mental image that Lucy got from what she suggested. The gaze knew very well that her circle of friends or even people she know, is quite limited, but maybe things like this could help her more out of her shell. It's not like she dislikes more people around, she just doesn't know how to really get started, how to meet others and so on. In that regard, the slime girl is much better at such situations."Oh wow. You must have so many fun and nice people you know! I bet they would love to hang out and have a fun time", she says, realizing that she might become way too quiet if there were someone else here as well, but she is determined to try and work through it.

"Like you are one to talk miss...uhhmm....Blobby face?", Karnis exclaims, unable to come up with a good zinger, but still laughs at how silly it sounded, at least to her and even toss a few popcorns at the slime girl. She grins at the suggestion as she knows Lucy is prone to laughter a lot of the time, surely a defeat just waiting to happen."You're on doofus! I hope you like me looking at you clean up solo", she responds and sticks out her tongue in a playful manner and giggles. After that she begins to eat some of the sad remainders of the popcorn, thanking herself for bringing more snacks.

Edited by JennyDK
  • Haha 1

"Oh, I've got just enough to go around." Lucy grinned, only now realizing that it would probably be down to her to invite more people for the sleepover. She really needed to get Karnis around people more. Maybe they should take Lance up on his offer. He probably could set up something... less intense than usual for lil' K to get accustomed to the idea.

The awkward remark took her by surprise and even resulted in a small chuckle out of her, as she covered herself from the few kernels that flew towards her, letting them slowly sink into the goo of her arm. "Blobby face? Seriously, K?" she chortled, before letting the girl respond to the challenge she just set. "Well- Technically, you just lost," the slime-girl remarked at Karnis' giggle, and pulled a pillow to support her own head. "But I'm willing to let this one slide." She winked playfully, finding herself focusing more on the gazer rather than the movie.

Karnis gives Lucy a weird smirk and a raised eyebrow, wondering just how far and wide her friend's circle of friends stretch and what type of people they are. She knows that Lucy is much more outspoken and social than herself and sometimes she wonders if the slime girl would rather spend time with them. Thankfully, it is not a thought that occurs often or sticks for long, but it still nags at the back of her mind sometimes. She is unsure if she should ever ask Lucy or just enjoy the times they do spend together."Ohhh, is that so? Like whooooo?", she asks in a playful tone of voice.

The gazer girl knows the jab was awful, but it was the best she could come up right there. Still, it seemed to amuse Lucy in a way, so she counts that as a win anyway."Oh no no! Obviously, if you laugh due to the movie, silly", she says and puts her hands on her hips to emphasize her insistance on being right.

• Love 1

"Hmm? Oh-" Lucy responded, deciding to give up on watching the movie for now, and focus entirely on her cute and talkative friend. She composed her thoughts. It's not like she was exactly keeping a list of all her friends at hand. "You know, people from class. Ruben, Keya," she listed, aiming for the names that she hoped Karnis would at least recognize. "...Lance, Kayla- although we haven't spoken much recently," the slime-girl found herself recounting. To be frank, it was hard to really define how many friends she actually had. Lucy knew a good deal of people, and was on quite positive terms with most of them, but it was quite difficult to know where the line  between acquaintances and friends was. She thought about it for a moment, before looking back up at Karnis.

"Why so curious?" she asked gently, raising her eyebrow in question. "Looking to broaden your horizons?" she followed-up, her voice taking a more teasing tone, as a smile of good-natured curiosity widened on her face.

Edited by Icarian Dreams
  • Like 1

It's only really when she is alone around Lucy, that Karnis is this talkative and open, so she often tries to make good of those moment, whether she is aware of it or not. She listens to Lucy list off those she thought might be appropriate for a sleepover. She does at least know some of them, but no one she has been fully comfortable around so far. Hopefully, this could be changed if Lucy was here as well to help make her more at ease."Ohh, yeahh...those people. Uhhmmm, I...I could give it a try...at least", she says, her own uncertainty quite clear.

The sudden question takes the gazer a bit off-guard and she freezes up a bit. Had it been anyone else than the slime girl, she would have reacted much more intensively."Uhhmm...well..I..I suppose. I..can't really....just rely on you,..all my life, after all...and...and it looks like fun..being able to be more...you know...open minded and such", she says, trying not to stutter or ramble, while she fiddles with her hands awkwardly in an adorable manner.

• 4 weeks later...

Lucy turned in the bed to face Karnis, completely ignoring the movie playing in front of them and refocusing her attention completely on her friend. It was clear that the topic was difficult for Karnis, so she attempted to give some reasurrance to the gazer with a hearty smile. She considered breaking the tension with some joke, but decided against it - she didn't want to downplay Karnis' concerns. "Didn't Lyncus propose a party back in class? We could go together if you want to, get you accustomed to peeps," she suggested, recalling the conversation they had with the cat this morning. "I'll tell Lyn to keep things down and if things get overwhelming, we can always leave early. What do you say?" the slime-girl asked, resting her head on her hand, supporting the weight on the elbow  as she looked at the other girl.

Karnis still remembers them being invited to a party with the cat monster earlier, but has not really given it much thought. So it makes that it's brought up once more, though she still is quite unsure if that guy is even capable of "keeping it down" and such. However, she trusts her friend and knows well that she would do all she can to make sure she is safe. She grips the pillow under her chest a little bit tighter, showing her slight hestitation and doubt. Still, she tries to give a soft smile and nod back at Lucy."You really think that would be possible? He doesn't seem...like the low key kind of person".

• Like 1

"Uhm... I'm sure he can keep things a bit... calmer than usual," responded the slime-girl, with an expression that at first conveyed "seeking reassurance" but quickly shifted to "reassuring" as she kept talking. She was herself beginning to have some doubts about the idea - or rather about Lance's competence regarding realizing it, but did her best not to show them, hoping not to discourage her rather bashful friend.

A grin widened on her face as she picked up in a more confident tone. "Besides, I'll be there with you - your own, personal Party-Evacuation-Slime!" she exclaimed, pointing finger-guns at the gazer and almost knocking down a bowl of popcorn onto her - thankfully, a mostly empty one. A pair of goo-formed sunglasses emerged out of Lucy's forehead and stylishly slid down onto her eyes (regardless of the three actual lenses that already adorned her face.)

She let out a short chuckle, and sunk the gooey spectacles back into her body. "Don't worry, I'm sure he'll manage. It'll be a breath of fresh air for him to do something quieter for once. Alcohol and loud music do get boring after some time," in a softer voice, she continued her assurances.

The gazer girl focuses on Lucy and snickers heavily from the sunglasses and finger guns, but still trying to keep focus on the subject at hand. She mostly tries to keep her hands over her face to hide the fact she is about to burst out in laughter from the silliness. Karnis is well aware that the slime girl is much more used to parties and the like, which makes her sometimes question if she enjoys time with her just as much. Thankfully, a part of her does reassure her that she wouldn't be around if she wasn't liking hanging out, despite being much more cautious, shy and such.

"O...okay..if you are sure, Lucy. I just don't want to be the reason...for a party to suck...you know?", she says and plays with her hair in a shy and adorable manner.

• 2 weeks later...

As she listened to her friend respond, Lucy found herself unable to supress a cheeky grin that widened on her face at the sight of the reaction she got out of the gazer. Few things brought her as much joy as seeing Karnis happy. Even if it was just from a silly pun.

With a soft "swoosh," the slime-girl's head fell back into the pillow, still turned towards her friend. "It's gonna be fineeee, K," she murmured, still smiling softly. "People will always find a way to entertain themselves. And I'm sure they will be eager to see more of you!" she affirmed. Obviously she didn't want to force Karnis to do something she wouldn't want to, but on the other hand, there was a sense of obligation within her that convinced her to try and gently push the gazer out of her comfort zone. After all, as Karnis herself (quite adorably) stated, Lucy wouldn't be always there to hold her hand. The gazer couldn't be avoiding people all her life. The best Lucy could do is help lil' K take these few first steps.

• Love 1

While Karnis can often, and very easily, let the more introverted, shy and cautious sides of her take over, Lucy often manages to calm down those urges and instincts, so the gazer girl is able to relax better and thus able to hopefully dare more. She sighs inwardly, easing up and even giving Lucy a small, but still very sweet smile. She fiddles with a bottle of soda as she contemplates things over and trying her best to calm down her nerves. Karnis often has a habit of doing this without realizing herself.

A soft nod soon follows and she puts down the bottle again."Okay Lucy. I will trust this to be allright and fine - I am sure I will be okay if I am going with you. But...but do you really think...they want to hang with me? I mean...I.. I am not cool and outgoing...like you", she says, clearly not sure what about her would be fun for others yet.

• Like 1

"Of course they'll wanna hang out with you, goofball!" Lucy smiled, reaching to gently caress Karnis' cheek. "You're creative, you've a great sense of humor, and on top of that you're just straight-up adorable. What's there not to like?" she asked with a friendly chuckle. There was a reason why the slime-girl grew so close to her little friend - if one managed to get through the shy and cautious exterior of the gazer, they'd have trouble finding someone who was more imaginative, affectionate, or expressive than Karnis was.

"Besides, who says you need to be such-and-such to hang out with people?" Lucy picked up after a moment, going by Karnis' example and grabbing herself her own bottle of soda. "As long as you're willing to have some fun, play some party games, and y'know, listen to the same stories for the tenth time through the evening, you'll be just fine!" she concluded, hoping to have helped with her friend's insecurities at least a bit.

• Love 1

Karnis is always happy to hear Lucy reassure her about herself and it gets especially needed when dealing with new people. Luckily, it is getting better for her, but with mostly just Lucy around, it is not easy to keep improving on this."Awwwww, thanks doofus! Haha, you always know what to say to make me feel better", she replies back and smiles wide, subduing a heavy urge to glomp the goo girl. Doing so would probably cause more pratfalling than anything else, if done per reflex.

The gazer girl has to admit to herself that she has a point in that. Perhaps she is just being overly paranoid and such, but it isn't like anyone else has offered to hang out with her. Hopefully this might change things around. She opens her bottle and take a short sip from it, using it as a way to give her moment to reflect on all of this, before putting it back down."I know...I am being silly and not at all confident..I really do want to...give it a shot", she says, trying her best to get past the mental barriers and insecurities.

• Love 1

"Well that's the spirit, goof!" Lucy smiled with a certain sort of sisterly pride in her expression. Karnis' words helped reassure her that she wasn't pushing the gazer too hard and that the girl really wanted to do this herself, dispeling any worries that the slime-girl had. And she was glad to see that K was succeeding in fighting her insecurities. The gooey hand kept mindlessly petting Karnis' cheek, as the slime-girl fell into thought for a second, enjoying the closeness of a friend. She withdrew it a moment later, thinking out loud. "I'll give Lance a call then. Now he's probably-" she stopped once more for a split second, realizing that at this hour Lance would most likely not be sleeping at all. "Well, I'll hit him up in class I guess," she concluded her train of thought with a soft smile.

She opened the drink, not giving much attention to the bottlecap that flew off somewhere into the corner of her room, and took a good long sip. Her attention was brought towards the screen of the laptop, and the scene of a movie that she completely missed the entire plot of in the recent couple minutes. It would take her some time to understand what the movie was about, but she didn't really care about it all that much at this point, and it seemed that the film focused mostly on character and situational comedy, so they haven't missed that much. She recognized one of the actors, from some other comedy she watched, likely. He had a very distinct face. It was curious how humans differentiated each other based on their faces. Lucy found herself once again drifting away from the movie.

"K, what do you think about humans? Like, in general."

She sighs out lightly in relief, as this is indeed demanding a lot of energy and pushing herself further ahead, but thankfully she doesn't have to do it alone. If it was just her, she would most likely never get out of her room unless she was needed for class or other appointments, truly a hermit in most ways. She really has no idea how to approach or even be around the party mad cat monster, but hopefully there are less intimidating and "in-your-face" monsters or humans. So she is glad that it doesn't seem to be an option to get in touch with him right now. The uneasiness about him is very clear on her face, as Karnis is typically extremely easy to read, for good and for worse."Yeah....yeah, that does seem like the better option...I would hate to disturb him either...", she says, agreeing with the conclusion, naturally.

Luckily, the whole topic and situation gets changed up again as both of them now pay attention to the movie once more. Karnis has seen the movie a few times before, so she doesn't need to keep up with it that much. She drinks from her own soda as well as opening a bag of sweet treats, offering some to Lucy as well, of course. She thinks about the question posed to her, which is not really one that she thought about before."Humans? Hmmmmm, I guess they are quite different from most monsters, but then again...I don't really see myself as most of us either...my most experience with them is through movies and such though...I guess that in the end I haven't gotten enough to base an opinion on...why do you ask, Lucy-doll?".

• 3 weeks later...

[ OOC: Topico-ressurrecto~!  😛 ]

„Hmm?” Lucy murmured to Karnis’ question, seeming slightly off-put by it. “Well, it’s just- They look so similar to most of us, you know? I mean, just look at them-“ she gestured towards the movie. “Like… some sort of an ancestor to all monsters, or…” she threw her hands in an incoherent sign of confusion, for once seeming at loss of words and falling silent for a moment, taking a long, contemplative sip of her soda. When she finished, she fell back onto the bed, a bit more gathered than before. “Sorry, I just… got a bit philosophical there. I mean, the way I look is literally sculpted after a human. Isn’t that a bit weird?” she sighed. “I wonder what it's gonna be like after the academy - if we stay in the human world, I mean-"

Edited by Icarian Dreams