The wasteland

As Izabella glances around over her shoulder, she pauses at the movement of shadows off in the distance near the gate in the draining canal that they had passed when entering the base. She would cough slightly turning around completely whispering to her companion Matthew and shake his shoulder gently, "Hey uh Matthew, we got company" as she motions with her free hand back up the stairs outside. After relaying the message, she would turn her attention back to Andela watching her cautiously make her strange hand signs and slowly swapped her sword for her rifle before proceeding up the stair case back outside. She would quiet call back to Matthew, "I think they might be friendly but their making really weird hand signs" and seeing no hostile motions from Andela would wave her fingerless gloved hand in the universal "beckoning motion".

She was pretty damn surprised to find that to have worked. She peaked around the corners of the fence and quietly but quickly slunk over to the pair. She looked around quite a bit before whispering, checking a few corners before figuring that it's clear. "So what are we doing here?" Might as well commit if she's joining in.

Matthew suddenly stops as Izabella prompts him to do so. He turns around for a moment to see the third person near them."I would love to engage in conversation, but I think I better keep an eye on the stairs here...just try and keep your wits and let us hope they are not dangerous or hostile", he tells her before letting the two speak to each other whilst keeping an eye out for danger.

Andela pauses and zips up her mouth again. She sets up next to the two and digs out her main sidearm, a somewhat old Zastava pistol. Looking like a smaller TT pistol from before the soviet union shattered to pieces, she held the gun close and made sure to cover their backs.

Edited by MiniRaptor

• 2 weeks later...

Izabella nods quietly at the comment made by Matthew and the sight of Andela pulling out a firearm as she whispers out, "we have reason to believe at least two home-invaders with a potential hostage...." She would quietly motion for Andela forward and comments, "After you" stepping out of the way to allow Andela to pass her down the stairs if she wishes after Matthew before proceeding back down the stairs.

On 20/09/2022 at 18:47, MiniRaptor said:

Andela pauses and zips up her mouth again. She sets up next to the two and digs out her main sidearm, a somewhat old Zastava pistol. Looking like a smaller TT pistol from before the soviet union shattered to pieces, she held the gun close and made sure to cover their backs.

18 hours ago, DrMender said:

Izabella nods quietly at the comment made by Matthew and the sight of Andela pulling out a firearm as she whispers out, "we have reason to believe at least two home-invaders with a potential hostage...." She would quietly motion for Andela forward and comments, "After you" stepping out of the way to allow Andela to pass her down the stairs if she wishes after Matthew before proceeding back down the stairs.

OOC: I appreciate there coming posts, but please try and stray from common posting etiquette @MiniRaptor. Let everyone get a chance to make a post before you make your next one. I am part of this scene too, so I sadly have to say I need to hide your last post. I hope you understand.

Matthew finally makes it to the final part of the staircase, which ends in a small and narrow hallway, with a few doors attached to it. Luckily, there are signs with text, telling them which room is which. There is one leading to a bathroom, one for the kitchen, one for a sleeping quarters and one for a storage room. The guard stands still, trying to see if he can hear anything.

Perception (hearing): 1+3+4 +2 = 10

(Apologies. Not sure if I miss read or was just excited but I thought she said I was leading, making me feel like it would make more sense to respond then.)

Andela nodded and went forward after Matthew. She kept her pistol close as she walked down the stairs. Reaching the landing just a moment after, she stepped and took a slight look around for nothing in particular.

• 2 weeks later...

Izabella quietly watched exterior of the building after allowing Andela to pass her down the stairs into the base, while keeping her attention split between the group in front of her and ensuring no one sneaks up on them. She whispers out asking, "Any thing of concern up ahead or should we clear room by room?" noticing the different doors labeled by a sign.

On 02/10/2022 at 19:27, MiniRaptor said:

(Apologies. Not sure if I miss read or was just excited but I thought she said I was leading, making me feel like it would make more sense to respond then.)

Andela nodded and went forward after Matthew. She kept her pistol close as she walked down the stairs. Reaching the landing just a moment after, she stepped and took a slight look around for nothing in particular.

OOC: No problem. I appreciate the enthusiasm, of course :3

Matthew makes a mental note about this stranger, as he has no idea if he can fully trust them yet, but at least they have not shot Izabella or him yet, so that does count for something at least. Since they are much further down now, he decides to not talk, lest they attract unwanted attention. He gives them a short nod as they enter the corridor together.

On 12/10/2022 at 22:11, DrMender said:

Izabella quietly watched exterior of the building after allowing Andela to pass her down the stairs into the base, while keeping her attention split between the group in front of her and ensuring no one sneaks up on them. She whispers out asking, "Any thing of concern up ahead or should we clear room by room?" noticing the different doors labeled by a sign.

The guard looks at the medic with a focused look of his own. He tries his best to keep his reply short, not eager to warn anyone here if he can help it. His eyes constantly dart between the various doors to keep a lookout."Nothing dangerous here so far...I think one opening doors and the others keeping a look out would work fine", he whispers back.

• 2 weeks later...

She got a bit of a hint that they were being apprehensive so she figured she might as well try to gain their trust. Lips still zipped, Andela pointed over her shoulder and slunk over to the base of the stairs. Assuming the rear, she set up a position to be able to hear and just barely peak up the stairs. She hooked her the trigger-guard against the corner of the doorway, a simple movement up being all that would be needed to train onto a target.

Edited by MiniRaptor

• 2 weeks later...

Izabella would sigh softly, “Well guess I’ll take a look in the first room on the left then” as she noticed both took the front and rear lookout. She would shift slightly to the right of the door as she tested the door handle in an attempt to softly open the door to peer into the new room.

Edited by DrMender
Editing to clarify room

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/10/2022 at 06:01, MiniRaptor said:

She got a bit of a hint that they were being apprehensive so she figured she might as well try to gain their trust. Lips still zipped, Andela pointed over her shoulder and slunk over to the base of the stairs. Assuming the rear, she set up a position to be able to hear and just barely peak up the stairs. She hooked her the trigger-guard against the corner of the doorway, a simple movement up being all that would be needed to train onto a target.

Matthew nods to give his acknowledgement of the situation, not wanting to raise his voice either, just to be on the safe side when a simply bodily gesture would do the same.

On 11/11/2022 at 11:21, DrMender said:

Izabella would sigh softly, “Well guess I’ll take a look in the first room then” as she noticed both took the front and rear lookout. She would shift slightly to the right of the door as she tested the door handle in an attempt to softly open the door to peer into the new room.

GM: "the first room" is pretty vague, especially considering that they have named plated to show what is what. Which are you going for?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 11:21, DrMender said:

Izabella would sigh softly, “Well guess I’ll take a look in the first room on the left then” as she noticed both took the front and rear lookout. She would shift slightly to the right of the door as she tested the door handle in an attempt to softly open the door to peer into the new room.

The door towards the kitchen area of the small bunker slowly creeks open as she opens it carefefully. The new person and the guard stands by as backup should anything pop out of the blue and cause trouble. However, nothing but a small, but ordinary kitchen greets her vision once the door is opened enough to reveal the contents behind. It does look like there are still dirty plates with somewhat fresh stuff on them, indicating recent use.

• 2 weeks later...

At the sight of the freshly used plates laying out in the kitchen being dirty would bring a frown to Izabella’s face and make a quick glance at the room not seeing anything dangerous. She would quietly whisper out, “Lets move on to the next door and check the sleeping quarters”as she would quietly move over to the door on the right side of the hall listening for any sounds from with in.

• 2 months later...

Matthew gives a brief nod, to show understanding and approval as he wants them to spend as little time down here as possible. He follows Izabella still, keeping himself nice and ready for potential trouble.

The door she arrives at is closed, giving no indication if there is any danger or not

GM: Give me a Perception (hearing) roll.

• 2 weeks later...