Famous Night Market

spacer.png

The Night Market is an entertainment quarter and shopping center in the downtown area of the town. It is also home to a grassroots economic development organization dedicated to promoting the historic preservation, protection, culture, and use of Spruce Moore's traditional downtown district. The Partnership works to promote  the importance of an attractive and thriving downtown area to the overall economic health of the county.  The historic downtown district boasts quaint streets, traditional and modern art, large murals and a unique variety of shops, restaurants and entertainment opportunities. Many events take place downtown like the monthly Concerts on the Deck, annual Spruce Moore Moon Festival, seasonal carriage rides, and regular block parties to further build communal ties. During the day time hours it is host to the more human populous and their normal activities. 

-Clothing Boutiques

-Movie Theater

-24hr Gym

-Communal Street Area

-Tattoo Parlor

-Pharmacy/Traditional Medicine Shops

Edited by Lady_Xien
  • Woohoo 1

• 3 weeks later...

Moving through the bustling street of downtown, Darion felt a bit at home. Remembering New Haven, before he was pushed out. These were the very streets he ran. His eyes flicking from shop sign to shop sign, he chuckled, "Maybe not quite like New Haven..." He muttered to himself as he noticed a distinct lack of strip clubs and the like, not that he cared in fact it made the trip that much more pleasant.

He had stopped by the gym, inquiring about a membership, the prices associated with it, before moving on to the tattoo parlor. He was thinking of perhaps getting one as a reminder of New Haven, of the closed chapter of his life, not yet but soon enough. Eventually he settled down by a food cart, waiting in line for a cheese steak.

• Love 1

It had been a few hours since she had been woken up by Miana's thrall, and she had already taken to the forests in order to collect more alchemical ingredients and even a few small animal and bug specimens for future studies. However with the arrival of night the ancient vampire now had a chance to explore the realm of the Humans. Inferior as they were, they did have control over much of the world, and with this control came a global supply chain. Within their night markets she could find things which might otherwise be nearly impossible to come by, at least not without some tremendous effort.

She had set out near dusk wearing her daytime outdoors kit, but such an outfit was far too conspicuous within the Human settlement. When the night had fallen she had bundled up her outer wears and most of her equipment, having tucked it away within one of many secret caches located throughout the region. Now the small woman appeared more or less Human. Her regular attire was fine for this. Shoes, tights, a skirt, a pair of satin gloves, a loose sleeveless top, and her coat, which had enough pockets to store a few emergency defensive mechanisms, although a majority of those were kept in a canvass bag worn over her shoulder. While she didn't need to worry about the sunlight now Alicia did keep the hood of her coat up, as her ears were a potential give away, but then she could sometimes get away with calling them simple mutations. Even so, the less to worry about the better.

Already she had taken to venturing through the markets, and already she had picked up a few supplies. Dried plants primarily from other parts of the world. She had to be careful about handling trinkets sold in some of the stalls, as they might contain silver, and while she did wear gloves to avoid any direct contact it was never good to push one's luck with such trivial things. Food too was a danger, as many Human dishes incorporated garlic.

To eat garlic again! It smells so good!

A sigh slipped free as she reached up with a gloved hand, adjusting her glasses. The food stalls were the worst, but it was also where she would discover something neat: a werewolf! In fact it was one of the ones she had tested her newest creation upon! A quick glance around informed her that he was, in fact, on his own!

What fortune! A follow up might be illuminating. I doubt he'd try anything in the public. The food should mask my scent regardless.

With naught a care in the world the little vampire slipped silently through the crowd until, at last, she stood beside the lycan.

"Hello. It appears fate brings us together once more."

• Love 1

Darion paused as he heard the vampire's voice, the hair at the back of his neck standing on end as he turned to face the vampire. While he was certain he was in no immediate danger, he felt the absence of his pistol in his hand in that moment. Wanting nothing more than to feel it's grip in his hand.

Turning towards her, he moved from his place in line, moving towards her curious now, while on edge he was not outwardly hostile, "So it seems." He said simply as he stared at her, thinking a moment, "What brings one such as yourself to town? You hunting? Figured you'd have a thrall given your age." He stated simply, moving to walk over to one of the tables set up, sitting down and motioning for her to do the same.

"Seeing as your speaking with me, rather than stalking me I assume you wish to talk? Good, I have questions. New Haven, have you heard of it, and if so is your coven related to them?" He asked, his eyes tracing over her curiously, looking for signs of lying. After a moment he continued, "I'm sure in time I'll hear from the alpha of the pack I find myself in, but what is the nature of your conflict with this pack?" He continuedto press, "Need I fear having left one war for another?" He said watching her, his eyes narrowed, his mind sharp, focussed as he waited for her response.

• Love 1

Alicia could almost feel the wolf's tension when she spoke up. This one was interesting. He could clearly tell she was a threat despite her appearance. He knew she was old. He knew to respect her for it. All this despite his being new to the regional pack. Clearly he had had run-ins with vampires in the past.

I have so many questions.

Her head tilted slightly, eyes darting briefly to the line he stood in before she followed along behind the man. She didn't both answering his questions, at least not until she was properly situated. Alicia took her time to pull herself up into her seat, to smooth out her skirt, and to settle her bag within her lap. Only then did she respond.

"If I were hunting you would not have noticed me. No, I am here for the same reason you are here: curiosity. Or, perhaps, to gather things which cannot be found in the woods. The Humans have a knack for collecting neat objects and exotic plants" she began, pausing at the mention of thralls. "They would only get in my way. I will eat if I am hungry, I care not the source."

He was right. She did wish to talk! But before she could get in another word he was already asking questions. Surprisingly it didn't really upset her, if anything it nearly drew a smile from the woman's lips!

An insatiable desire for answers? In a werewolf? I like this.

"I will assume New Haven is another vampiric group. If I have not heard of them then they must be newer, and probably not from this area."

Then again Miana is the diplomatic one. It is possible she has had contact with them.

"If my experiments are a declaration of war then you may name it as such, but know that I would not consider it as such. Were I to desire a war it would be won before you realized that it had been declared. Do you think that the only thing I am capable of creating are harmless love bombs? No. I care not for the politics of your people, or my people, or between our peoples. I do as I wish. I do what is required to further my studies." Again she paused, reaching into her bag to retrieve a canteen of water. This, she knew, had not been tainted by anything, and so she was safe to sip from it. Blood would work better, but it would be more difficult to explain away should she be stopped by anyone.

"On the other hand, you pups have been encroaching upon our lands. It might interfere with my experiments. Then I would need to act, wouldn't I?" she posed, pointing the canteen accusingly towards the man before replacing the cap and shoving it back into her bag.

"Tell me of these vampires, this New Haven lot. Clearly they are the ones you are accustomed to. If I had to guess, you have fled from them, and that is why you are here with a new pack. How do you know them?"

• Love 1

He smiled a bit, she was pleasant enough for a vampire, most of their kind were from afar. It was in trying to love one that hearts were broken. Shaking the thoughts from his mind, he allowed her to seat herself. He was in no rush, and used to the older vampires like her, always acting as if time had no meaning.

"You simply have not found the correct thrall. But it matters not to me. New Haven is a city to the east of here, closer to the coast. But it is run by a large coven, more of a crime family than the coven's of old from what I understand." He stated simply, "I was raised among them, so yes I'm rather familiar with them, and your kind. " He offered freely.

Hearing her continue he nodded, "Ah, you care little for war? A woman of science, that does reassure me a degree. Yes it seems that you have them, er us I suppose, on edge. I suspect you would find more challenge than you think among myself and them, but I am not interested in war either. I fought a long enough one in my youth to find somewhere where I needn't fight." He said shrugging.

"I am little more than an outsider here, while I hope to find a place among the wolves, this is simply the first pack I've found in my travels from New Haven. So far they have been welcoming, but I've yet to truly meet their leadership, and as such know little about their history or goals. However at last I heard the alpha demanded the pack not venture to the dark woods anymore, so perhaps you should speak to your leader before growing irate." He teased smiling at her.

Hearing her ask for more information about the vampires he sighed, "As I said, more of a mafia than a true coven, but they run the city, they've been branching out to nearby towns, mine was one of them. I was raised in a small coven, the practice of keeping lycans for watchhounds just as common as human thralls there." He paused looking her over, as if debating continuing his story, "I was forced to do some truly savage things until eventually I escaped, ran to New Haven and found myself caught further into their web. I did what I knew best, ran with the underground that wasn't apart of the coven, made too much of a name for myself, and was forced to move on." He stated, omitting more than a few details, but they seemed irrelevant and would be more boasting than anything.

"Tell me about your coven? What are your goals. If you do not seek war, is it simply stolen land you are after? I find it hard to form any sort of opinion from my current position within their hierarchy." He admitted honestly, "Though from what I can tell, you seem far less aggressive than what I am used to." He added playfully.

• Love 1

Lycanthropes kept as guard hounds?

Her brow raised in response to the idea, but it also gave way to other thoughts. Could she enthrall one of their kind? Now that would be an interesting thrall! It at least deserved further study.

I must know. Still, why was he not enthralled? Perhaps they never cared to discover it for themselves? Could be fear too, I suppose. Werewolves don't live as long as thralls.

To hear that the alpha had instructed the other wolves to keep away from the dark woods was news to her. Perhaps the love bomb had been more effective than she'd anticipated. Even so it required further inquiries. Perfection was rarely reached with the first prototype.

Ah, wait, yes. He was taking a jab at me, wasn't he?

Something to retaliate against, certainly, but there were more important matters. This new coven, for instance! "So petty thugs. A shame, really. I would care little for their arrival, so long as they keep out of my affairs."

Still, it might be good to see them. But then Miana can handle all that.

When the man asked about the coven Alicia relaxed back within her seat. "There is not much to say. We exist. I suspect Miana's goals are to keep things as they are. Peace. She is too compassionate. But it gives me the freedom to perform my studies, so I cannot object to it."

Most of the time, anyway.

Crimson orbs shifted, taking in one of the nearby stalls. She smelled garlic. Pleasant, but distracting. "My goals are to learn. To study. Experiment. Simple really" she began, only to turn her gaze back towards the wolf, hand lifting to readjust her glasses. "Correct. You have yet to see me in an aggressive mood. You appear to be smart enough to avoid such things. It was good that I found you first within the woods."

On that note!

The little vampire suddenly sat up again, leaning against the table to move just a little closer. She also reached into her bag, whipping out her journal and a pen. "Speaking of the woods, give me details as to what happened to your body following our departure from one another. How long did the effects last? Did they grow any stronger at any point, and if so what sort of stimuli did you experience? What was it that kept you from inseminating the woman? Was it really simply a matter of bonding rituals? Do these same rituals apply with a Human? A vampire?"

• Love 1

He couldn't help but find this one amusing, laughing openly as she continued, "Ah you truly are just a woman of science. A shame your research happens to be so dangerous for my kind, I find such things interesting." He said shrugging, "But the stars do not align for me to help you openly, perhaps if you lived in new haven whilst I was a pup." He teased,

"Compassion is good for me, I've no interest in war. Though I suspect more to the tale to send the alpha into such a fury, unless that is common for him. I truly do not know yet, "It could be good for you given enough time, if you are truly as interested in my kind as you say. Perhaps bait the alpha with honey rather than vinegar? Though he seems list in emotion to me so perhaps not." He paused thinking on his encounter with the man sighing.

"Yes, I know what your kind can do. I've fought enough to be able to tell when it is time to fight, and when it is time to submit or run." He stated, not feeling any sting to his pride, most had issues admitting when they were out matched, especially his kind. Most of those he knew with that mentality were dead now.

His eyes traced over her, a brow raising as she seemed to grow excited, "Oh I'm sure that would peak your appetite, but what do I get for answering that?" He teased softly, "I am not under the same duress as I was little scientist, and that is something that could harm my clan rather than talk of the general state of affairs." He said pointedly, "However as far as why I didn't impregnate her? She asked me not to, and I do not desire pups. I have a strong will." He stated eyeing her steadily, a certain primal part of him delighting in this game they played.

Thinking a moment for a more pointed question, "Answer me this if you wish to know more about the effects; What is it about garlic that harms your kind so much?" He asked, her glances towards the source of the smell drawing his curiosity, "What exactly does it do to you?" He asked raising a brow, "Is it more dangerous than silver?" He paused, "Does it have to be ingested?" He continued, more curious if she'd answer him as more ideas sprung to his mind as he thought to battles long passed. 

• Love 1

"Not all of my research is dangerous. You happened to stumble into one of my gentler experiments."

He was at least right about certain useful aspects of compassion. Perhaps if she explored that path further she might be given better access to their kind. In fact they might even allow her to experiment upon them! Unlikely, but it certainly had a higher degree of success that way. At the very least she could observe them and their kin a little easier.

I suppose I will consider it.

What did he get? He desired a trade. It would only be fair, given their current situation and location, but then she didn't have a good answer for him either. Still, she was open to bargaining. As she stated before: she cared not for politics. If working briefly with the enemy meant an expansion of her studies then she considered it acceptable. With a soft huff she replied, pointing her pen in his direction. "What is it that you desire in exchange? I am not unreasonable."

Of course when he continued to speak Alicia already set about recording new information. Perhaps duress is a factor? Yes. An additive might relax the victims. Make them more susceptible to the pheromones. Might also help with the strong will. A higher dose needs to be explored if insemination is required.

Her pen paused when a question was directed her way. She thought only for a moment before responding. "I believe it has something to do with how the curative properties of garlic react negatively with our bodies. Or might be something arcane in nature. Further exploration is required, however most vampires are unwilling to act as test subjects, or to give up the corpses of loved ones for scientific pursuits. Garlic with the outer shell intact is fine, but direct contact with the juices or inner flesh will result in minor burns. It can be lethal if ingested. Silver is more dangerous. Not only does it burn, but it is toxic. Same for your kind."

She had answered his question, and he hadn't even answered all of her own. It was fair for her to ask another, wasn't it? Once more she adjusted her glasses, sitting up while her gaze locked with the man's. "You failed to answer portions of my question, primarily concerning the longevity of my bomb, but more interestingly concerning your bonding rituals. This requires future exploration. Another question then: do you have any scientists within your manor?"

• Love 1

He chuckled a bit as she spoke of it being a gentler experiment, "Oh I'm sure it was, however that does not change the fact that gentle or not, I am not fool enough to think it could be detrimental in warfare if you have more time." He stated pointedly at her, "You will however reach this point whether or not we help you, that much I think is certain, so I see no reason to not answer you so long as you show me the same courtesy." He noted.

He listened as she spoke of what made silver more dangerous, nodding his head along with her words, "Good to know, do you know what makes silver so dangerous to us both? I know that there is some lore of it having purifying effects, but..." He sighed, "Ah I suppose in a world of arcane magic that could be all there is couldn't it." he chuckled, "Though I am curious if you know of anything else." He said, "A shame that your kind isn't more willing to help you, do they not understand how valuable such a thing would be to know? If it is truly arcane," He mumbled seeming to trail off, shrugging, "Suppose we wouldn't know unless we found a subject." He noted.

"Yes, yes I did. And yes, yes you are owed an answer now. Your bomb more or less wore off after copulation concluded, if it is anything like mating, then I suspect it could likely be averted nearly completely by," He paused a moment, "Further training. For example, instead of stop dropping and rolling, stopping and jerking it off letting it all out would probably negate the effects, though I wouldn't know for certain, you see your issue simply comes down to the fact that the hornier you make us, the higher risk we run of simply creaming our pants." He laughed a bit at the thought, "How ironic that one pump chumps might be useful for something?" He teased, "I wouldn't say that my urges grew stronger, however I certainly was horny for the rest of the day, still am to a degree. However the need to fuck the nearest woman is certainly gone. More of just that irritation when you have an itch needing scratching." He stated simply. "From the feelings I had, yes, I would have fucked you had my new pack mate not arrived, however I should warn you it was a toss up between that and attempting to rip your throat out. Our hormones are a funny thing, the hornier some of us are, the higher chance you run of us turning aggressive. Er, more a need to protect those dear to us." He tried to explain, "I can almost guarantee if you had moved too close that day I would have done so." He stated thinking on his feelings, "No no scientists I know of." He stated shrugging, "Spiritualists, doctors, but no scientists." He offered.

• Love 1

This man did at least understand how potent her bomb could be in a conflict. It wasn't as though she was making these things just to satisfy some strange lingering urge! Nor did that take into account the value it had while not engaged in conflicts! He also knew well enough that sacrifices were required for the advancement of the sciences. She could appreciate that.

"Silver to us might have a similar effect to what mercury has to Humans. Again, it too requires further studies. But it is also as you suggest: it might be something arcane in nature. Test subjects are the primary issue when it comes to studying both."

Perhaps I could capture one of these New Haven vampires, provided we were thrust into a conflict with them. Must make note of that.

Once more her pen was at work, quickly scribbling notes as the man continued to answer her original question. "Wore off too quickly. Increase adhesive. Possible self-gratification test required. Need to decrease refractory period. Might avoid requirement of more powerful dosage. Lingering urges a good sign" mumbled the woman, only for her to pause upon reflection of his words, specifically having the itch and, just as importantly, his prior urge to fuck her.

I never did take care of my own problem.

The faintest tinge of pink appeared briefly upon her cheeks, however it disappeared quickly enough as she continued. He did have a point when it came to aggression. "Need to balance aggression. Range of copulation not limited to other wolves. Good to know."

Lowering her pen Alicia again set her sights upon the man sitting across from her. "A shame. Might be good to meet one of your doctors. Or your spiritualist."

They would make for interesting thralls.

"You and the woman copulated in your Human forms. Is there a reason for this? Do you not engage in such acts with your true form? And what of Human partners? Vampire partners?"

Perhaps there is something I missed. Would the bomb be more potent in the other form? Or less potent?

• Love 1

Noting her blush he couldn't help but smirk a bit, "Oh? Does talk of such things excite you? Didn't think you for having that sort of taste. Though I suppose you've probably convinced a few of my kind into your bed." He said smirking, enjoying the little he could toy with her.

Listening to her continue he nodded, "Perhaps, though I've yet to meet with them, I know they're there." He noted thinking on that, "Come to mention it, perhaps I should reach out to them as well, I've never really explored spiritualism, it wasn't exactly something my human or vampiric counterparts supported." He said before shrugging.

"Yes, personal preference really. I was raised around vampires, humans, very few of my kind. I am unsure what her own preferences are, but I for one prefer copulating in that form." He noted simply, thinking about adding something else, but deciding not to, "I would take that form for human and vampiric partners as well," He paused thinking, "Perhaps not though if I still felt threatened. I hadn't felt threatened truly in the forest, I knew you didn't plan on killing us. At least not while you busied yourself with your drawings." He said shrugging, "What of you? Do you prefer human partners, vampires, or lycans?" He asked throwing the question in there more to tease her, to see if he could derail her.

"Do crosses actually harm your kind, or churches for that matter? I've never really had the opportunity to find out." He mumbled, "What about churches? Do your kind care at all, or is that all a load of shit?" He asked, seemingly ignoring his provocative questionings.

• Love 1

Once more she had paused, and once more the pink had flashed for a moment across her cheeks. Even she was not beyond having those sorts of urges from time to time. It didn't help either that she hadn't really engaged with others in such ways. But if she could just brush past it then it wouldn't throw her off too much. Answering his question was the best course.

"I could if I so desired" mumbled the little vampire. "It is interesting that you prefer that form. Personal reasons then."

His response is open. He might have had other partners. Still, this is all very useful. They will copulate with our kind. I wonder what sort of hybridization might be possible.

"In a threatened state you might take that form? Interesting." All she had to do was pair him with someone threatening. Perhaps one of the sterner vampires? Or maybe the young rocker. Might she throw him off enough with her wild ways? There were so many new ideas to test out!

If only I could clone myself.

Again his questioning was focused upon her, and again the pink flashed across her cheeks, although now it also spread just a slight bit to the tips of her pointed ears. Thankfully they were well hidden beneath her hood. "I have had neither. I don't know which I would prefer" Alicia admitted quickly, not pausing for a moment so that she might move past the response. "Crosses do not hurt us, nor do churches keep us out. It is however sometimes amusing to pretend."

While she could be aloof it didn't mean she couldn't occasionally find humor in things! Or enjoy herself! "What do you know of your people's spiritualistic rituals?"

• Love 1

He wasn't sure why, but seeing the ancient vampire blush and wriggle ignited something predatory in him, perhaps simply a joy at not being her prey, at knowing he was obligated to do nothing unlike the past. Or maybe it was simply in seeing her streamlined thought derailed.

Sadly she was not and simply continued on until he'd pressed her again. Hearing her statement of not having had a partner he froze a brow raised, almost missing her final question, "Wait, hold on a moment..." He said frowning, "You mean to tell me that you're a virgin?" He asked, wondering if he'd misunderstood her, he had to of, or perhaps she him. There was no way that a vampire of her age could be a virgin.

Shaking off the thought, "I suspected as much, good thing I never risked my life on it. What of holy water?" He teased, "I assume that too is little more than superstition?" He asked curiously, though his mind was more curious on his prior line of questioning now.

• Love 1

Of course he would bring it up.

Alicia's eyes shut for a moment. She even let out what might be described as a semi-frustrated sigh! There were far more important questions! And far less embarrassing ones! "Yes. By choice. If I get riled up I tend to myself" she began, only to reconsider her answer. Her pen lifted to her lips and she briefly nipped at the end of the object while she pondered out loud. "Unless oral counts? I have engaged in such things. If the definition is expanded to include that then I am not a virgin. As far as I am aware the definition tends to shift pending upon the era."

While her cheeks had reddened slightly it wasn't nearly as bad, and it disappeared just as soon as she continued away from the subject. "Holy water does nothing. Correct. None of that religious mumbo jumbo has any effect."

Now her pen pointed towards the man sitting across from her. "Your kind are quite interesting. Silver and age appear to be your only weaknesses. Well, that and your basic mortality. We are much more difficult to slay. I could remove your head and you would be finished. Our kind are more resilient than that."

Well, provided you have lived long enough to learn the trick.

"You have yet to answer my question. Spiritual rituals."

• Love 1

He couldn't help but enjoy the redness of her cheeks, as well as her annoyance. "Oral does count for something, but from what I understand you are still a virgin." he teased playfully. Thinking a moment on her question, "I'm unsure why as a scientist you would choose such a thing and yet still study it. Seems as if you're lacking a rather easily obtainable answer." he noted playfullly.

"Are we?" He asked curiously, "Perhaps if you ask my new alpha nicely he'd let you study me." He teased, though he suspected that was a fat chance, "Truly, you do seem interesting. Had you approached me like this prior to my running into Rava, there might have been a chance I'd have gone with you simply based on that fact alone." he offered honestly, "As is, I suppose I find myself tied to my kin, though I know little about them." He paused hearing her pointed statement, "I'm sorry, I did not mean to ignore you, simply I was shocked to find that a beautiful vampire such as yourself, that has lived..." he paused guessing, "More than five centuries at the very least?" he asked, "Was a virgin, and by choice?" He shrugged, "It matters little though I suppose, I can understand saving yourself for the right mate. I hadn't lain with anyone besides Rava for some time, though having such strong urges as my kind do makes it difficult to avoid, and as such I have had my run ins with humans in my time without coven or pack." he noted.

"Again, I distract myself. I do not know much about their rituals. They are a completely foreign concept to me, had I not heard some gossip in the rec room I wouldn't even have known about it. From what I did hear though, they seem connected to their ancestors." He offered weakly, "I'm sorry, but I suppose that makes up for your lack of knowledge on garlic." He teased.

Thinking a moment, he decided that he would press her a bit, not giving her another topic to think on, "What if I were to allow you to test one of your musk bombs on me... to allow you to experience exactly how I would treat a vampire. Would you desire to lose your virginity then?" He asked, more playfully than anything else, curious to see her reaction, after all it did seem he could get a reaction from the normally goal oriented creature, he wondered just how far he could press, and if she'd cave or run, "Would it not be suiting for once such as yourself to lose your virginity in the name of science?" He teased, a playfully wicked smile on his lips.

• Love 1

Once more her pen lowered, taking down notes. In the current era oral did not remove one's status as a virgin. It was important to keep up with the modern definitions of things, and rarely did she focus on these sorts of things. And yet his follow up statement drew a hushed snarl from the woman, and a redness to her cheeks, for he actually had a good point, and she had not really bothered to consider it before.

I can't really refute it. Direct experience would be the most useful. Observation can only go so far, and I have had plenty of that.

More frustrating was the fact that he didn't even have any solid knowledge concerning their rituals! Of course he was a new arrival, so it was to be expected. Still, he hadn't anything to compare it with? Was their clan special in this way?

A connection to their ancestor. Perhaps some thing or some place in the region is special to them. Might they be the only werewolves capable of such things? This requires further studies. In fact I might want to infiltrate their home. That would not be a simple task.

Now her mind was abuzz with a new project. How might she infiltrate their den? Her bat form might be enough to get inside, but she would be pretty noticeable at that point. Could she create some kind of polymorphic potion? Now that would be incredibly useful! It would also require more werewolf samples.

Before she had a chance to ponder further upon the subject, or leverage another question, the werewolf presented an offer to her: another test of her musk bomb and a first-hand experience with werewolf copulation. Despite the intriguing nature of the offer she couldn't help but to grow instantly flustered at the idea. However she didn't outright reject it either, instead opting to lean back within her seat, chewing upon her pen again in thought. "It isn't as though I have been saving it for anything special" she mumbled, more to herself. "My studies are simply more important. Even so, this opportunity doesn't come around often. At least, not with a willing participant."

It would be rather suitable losing it that way, wouldn't it? Not that I care or anything. Besides. . .

With a genuine smile appearing upon her lips Alicia sat up in her seat, pointing her pen again towards the man. "This offer is acceptable. I however have a few conditions of my own. First, I need fur, blood, bone, and flesh samples from you. Secondly, as payment, I would like similar samples from your alpha." 

Edited by Chiyako
  • Love 1

Darion watched as she continued to squirm, continuing to enjoy this game, after all how could he not? He watched as she attempted to divert her attention again, only to be brought back by his prodding. However, he hadn't quite expected her to agree, and so readily. He frowned a bit, a bit annoyed his game was ended so quickly. His eyes watching her as she spoke, her face red, and yet, she seemed to press on.

He had intended to continue toying with her, to try and keep up the game, but seeing that genuine smile on her face, he found himself frozen for a moment. He was enjoying himself, and yet, to crush such a thing seemed too cruel. However as she spoke further he raised a brow, "You act as if you are offering me such a thing as to make me pay?" He teased, feeling at home once more in this game they played, "I think you misunderstand your position in this case." He stated simply. "I offer you such a thing out of curiosity, and because you amuse me." he stated honestly. "In addition, you are attractive. However do not mistake that for obsession. I lose nothing more than a night of entertainment if you decline, I gain precious little. So with that said, any samples from my alpha, who I have a feeling would not approve of such a thing, is completely out of the question." He stated firmly.

"Now with that said, I could be convinced to allow you samples of myself... however again, we run into the simple issue of you are growing rather greedy, and seem to think you are offering something greatly desired by myself." He stated, his eyes narrowing on her own, curious to see if she'd try changing the subject again, or if he'd found a way to truly derail her. Curious if he'd peaked her interest enough yet, if he even could.

• Love 1

All the man need do was to answer with a yes. A simple yes. It didn't even have to be an excited yes! She would have accepted a hesitant one! And yet he found her offer not good enough! Worse still: he dared to imagine that copulating with her was not it's own reward!

The nerve of this pup!

With a huff her smile all but disappeared, replaced at once with her more familiar aloof expression, although perhaps tainted by a hint of annoyance. She closed her eyes again, pen set down upon her journal while she reached up to adjust her glasses. A moment to calm herself. At least the little compliment was nice. Acceptable, at the very least.

"The samples from you are not for payment. These are unexplored grounds. Tests are required. I must know that you will not endanger me in the act, and that I will not do the same to you. It is a safety measure. I am not some eager maiden who would absent-mindedly fornicate with another species. For all I know copulation between our peoples might lead to some unknown disease."

Calm enough to face him once more Alicia allowed her gaze to return to the man. "If I really desired it I could simply charm you into my bedchambers. In fact, I could probably do the same to any of your kin. Perhaps you might not think much of me, but know that the feeling is mutual."

Alicia paused. A delicate hand was better in negotiations. "Thank you for the compliment. You are also handsome" she mumbled quickly, lifting her journal close to her face, clearly to double-check her work and certainly not to cover anything. "I wonder what your alpha might think of this offer you have presented to me."

• Love 1

Watching her smile fade away, his soon followed. He was beginning to be reminded of the vampires he'd been raised around, his eyes following her expressions closely now as he waited for her to continue. Seeing her seem to find the need to calm herself he chuckled at her words, "Oh unexplored?" He laughed at that as he rolled up his sleeves, revealing the bites at his elbow, along his biceps. Bites from her kind and obviously meant to mark given how easy it is for them to heal such wounds.

His eyes narrowed on her own, "Trust me, you are not the first vampire to have decided a tumble with a wolf might be interesting." He stated leaning back, looking almost bored for a moment until she continued, "I am sure you could try, probably even succeed. But I can also caution you that there are many ways to maneuver in a charm, I've been under enough of them to know. You would not have a pleasurable copulation if you did so, perhaps from my packmates if they are more inexperienced with your kind." He stated simply, his playfulness being replaced with more irritation than anything now.

Her compliment fell mostly on deaf ears by that point, and was completely lost when she continued. "He might remove me from the pack from what I understand they seem quite poised against your kind." he stated simply, dryly. His gaze settling on her, "And I suppose I would have to move on, you would lose any chance at me being willing at all. As is your chances are growing rather fleeting and will continue to do so the more you push me into paying for this as if you are a cheap prostitute." He stated.

With that he crossed his arms, "You need to stop treating this as if you are the only one with any cards. I am not some young stud begging for release, if that was all I wanted I would go to a bar." He noted dismissively, "You interested me, that is perhaps the only card you have unless you seek to rape me." He stated simply.

• Love 1

A brow raised when the wolf revealed his scars. Now that she was close enough to properly inspect them she could indeed confirm that they were created by the fangs of her kin. An interesting development! It also meant that, in all probability, it would be safe.

A shame. I suppose that excuse no longer works. I will need to collect my samples through some other method.

Her journal was settled gingerly upon the table while she listened. Losing him as a potential study partner was a little disheartening, certainly, but she had all the time in the world to wait for another opportunity. Nor, did it seem, would her own threats work. Perhaps they both needed a change of subject.

She waited calmly until he had finished speaking, pen idly tapping against the table. Another thirty seconds of silence passed. Enough time for the both of them to calm without venturing into a state of awkwardness. Probably. Then she began to speak, her voice a bit softer.

"I have no intention of forcing you into my bedchambers. What would I gain from that? Any data which might be collected would potentially be soured."

How does Miana do this? Perhaps I should be studying her.

Alicia finally stopped the tapping of her pen. Now it was raised again, pointing towards the man. "You are being hunted. Yes? I wonder what they might do to your new family. Would your moving on placate these New Haven vampires? Draw their attention away from the pack in this area? Have you even informed your new family about them?"

The vampire paused, lowering the pen. "I should probably clarify that this is not a threat, simply curiosity."

• Love 1

He allowed her the silence, seeing no reason to break it. On e she spoke again he nodded his head, he hadn't truly thought she would want to force him. Though he still felt that those words needed said earlier.

Then suddenly came the statement that caused Darion to freeze. He wanted to deny it, say that he'd outrun them. But he knew better, and she was right. His head looked towards the table in shame as he thought on what to say, allowing another silence to drag on. Hearing her words meant to placate him he snorted, "Doesn't need to be a threat." He sighed, "Suppose I was a little too loose with my words. Maybe moving on might, but I doubt it. I'm a target to be sure... But with how they work," he mumbled shrugging, deciding to stand, "No, I haven't told them yet. Though you're right, I probably should." He said before starting to walk away, "You may see me here more often at these markets depending on how this goes." He offered as he walked, not in any rush to meet the fate she'd reminded awaited him.

• Love 1

With how they work?

As Darion stood to move away she did the same, tucking her journal into her bag, and her pen back into a pocket. Did he mean to move their conversation to somewhere more isolated? Would it not be prudent to inform your speaking partner first of such things? The little vampire hurried to keep close.

I like it better when I just have to observe. Asking Miana to help with this stuff is going to be really annoying.

"How is it that they conduct their work? I would like to know specifics."

She glanced towards the stall he had been standing at before they started to speak. "Where are we going now? Were you still planning on purchasing something from that vendor? What were you going to procure?"

• Love 1

He paused as the vampire started to follow him, a brow raised, "Food. My kind can, and do often eat regular food." He chuckled, his eyes focussing on her for a moment, that amusement returning to him, "Yeah, I suppose that's probably for the best, no reason to go back hungry." He chuckled as he moved back into the line, his eyes looking towards the cart as he thought on her question, if he really wanted to answer her question for that matter.

"They, New Haven, they seem to have in in their heads they're the new authority for your kind, as well as my own." He tried to explain, "They see my kind as little more than dogs... finding a pack to them is the same as finding a nest of rats. They'll want to purge them, take what of them they can back as pets." He almost hissed out the last words, his eyes looking up towards her, "They're, truly monsters among your kind. Vicious, cruel." He sighed, "I'm sure you have your capacity for cruelty, but yours seems to stem from curiosity. Theirs is from boredom." he said as he finally got to the front of the line, placing his order and standing off to the side with her.

"I fear they might come down upon your clan as well... if so I am sorry. They will seek control if they do." He noted looking towards her meaningfully, "They do have vampires your age, some older. I would be careful should you ever meet them," he said.

• Love 1

"Well of course you do" she mumbled. "I meant which item. Also my kind can also eat food. We are simply not required to do so."

Unfortunately Alicia couldn't really make out what was on the menu, as the people ahead of her were too tall. It was one disadvantage of being so short. But then the advantages made up for it, at least for someone like her. She did remain silent while he spoke of the new coven, jotting down mental notes to record for later. They didn't sound very pleasant.

"Boredom? They fail to notice the pointlessness of such wonton cruelty. That makes them boring. Even so, it might be worth investigating them further. I do wonder what tricks they have developed, what secrets they hold."

Her arms crossed in front of her, fingers tapping at the sleeves of her coat in thought. Vampires as old as she was? As old as Miana? They would be proper foes were she so inclined towards honorable combat. But then when push came to shove she didn't play fair. Combat was only a means to an end, and only when necessary.

"I care not who leads the castle or the lands, so long as my experiments go unhindered. Even so, I doubt if we would take kindly to intruders upon our lands. Even Miana might have issues if the current balance is disrupted. If your clan runs into these vampires and we were made aware of their presence, one or two of us might be inclined to check it out. The forest covers a lot, but bright lights in the night are quite visible from the castle" she suggested. "I doubt they know the terrain. They would play it safe. Attack in the night."

• Love 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up