Scarlet and Violet!

The hype train is well on it's way from the station to it's destination.

I don't know about the rest of you, but no matter how much of an event they made the release of Sun and Moon during the 20th anniversary with all the marketing tactics they used, Scarlet and Violet has me effortlessly hyped, from the videos to the revealed content to the designs of almost every Pokémon they've shown off so far. I can not wait to sink my teeth in.

Same. The new gimmick seems to be much more interesting than ''Pokemon go BIG!" or Z-Moves, with a lot of potential for interesting combinations with abilities. Plus, yeah, the pokemon so far have been great, especially for me, a big fan of dogs. Fidough's great and Greavard is just fantastic.

And the items they've revealed are various levels of interesting, mostly the Covert Cloak. Makes you immune to secondary effects from damaging moves? Well, there goes getting flinched by Fake Out, or burned by Scald and basically every source of flinch in the game, at least until you eat a Knock Off.

And I'm sure we'll see more Pokémon with knock off this generation because of that, specifically. I didn't encounter too many in the SWSH meta, myself.

And yes, the Tera types are a lot of fun and they're gonna bring even more fun to competitive play, I hope it won't follow the suit of one or two Pokémon completely breaking it and becoming necessary to have on every team to stay competent.

Scarlet. The version exclusives, in the post Gen 4, we have online trading days, aren't too important, but I like how goofy Koraidon looks running around, and the big glowy feathers do look cool when it's standing still. Also, Professor Cavemommy.

The bike pokemon in general, honestly it's like ORAS for me. We get bikes to ride instead of jet plane legendaries, and I'll just not use them in battle, if they even can be for most of the game.
As for the other pokemon, my dog-friend butt is happy with at least two new puppies, plus I like Wiglett, the armour pokemon and Smoliv especially. And the others are at least okay, too.

Yeah, I remember them putting SO MUCH work into the marketing of Sun and Moon for the 20th anniversary and honestly, I loved them. 

But Scarlet and Violet it seems like they're putting less effort into really getting out there than they did even Sword and Shield, considering those were the first mainline releases on what's technically home console.

And I am SO HYPED for Scarlet and Violet, maybe even more than I was for Sun and Moon's release.

For those planning to play the games blind, be warned that reviews and gameplay is all over the place on YouTube today.  Personally, I've already seen some of the leaks, so I already had a general idea of what to expect, and reviews did cement my opinion to actually try out the game, so (hopefully) my copy of Violet will come in on Tuesday.

For those playing on launch day, have fun with the game.  For those aiming to play more competitive, I'd advise looking into what's been buffed and nerfed, because it will likely have an effect on teambuilding.

• Love 1