Open Apocalypse

Watermaker is looking for Ruby and Elijah. I think. He's really just pissed that someone killed his thugs acolytes.

@DoctoroMindbender it's largely accidental - I have this vision of Watermaker that's a blend of Adam Ant as Derek in World Gone Wild, Malcolm McDowell as Kesslee in Tank Girl and a Hocus from Apocalypse World - so he's kind of steeped in religion and doomsday cults. I think the actual quote, which was best delivered by Johnny Cash in The Man Comes Around, is "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

11 minutes ago, WritesNaughtyStories said:

Watermaker is looking for Ruby and Elijah. I think. He's really just pissed that someone killed his thugs acolytes.

@DoctoroMindbender it's largely accidental - I have this vision of Watermaker that's a blend of Adam Ant as Derek in World Gone Wild, Malcolm McDowell as Kesslee in Tank Girl and a Hocus from Apocalypse World - so he's kind of steeped in religion and doomsday cults. I think the actual quote, which was best delivered by Johnny Cash in The Man Comes Around, is "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

That track from Johnny Cash is one of the inspirations for Elijah. Revelations, chapter 6 verse 8 (KJV). Like I said, literally tattooed on the dude's arm. I think I've given enough of his backstory to give some context of that - and hopefully to why the Watermaker makes a good foil. My plan for when ever the final confrontation with the Watermaker comes is to work in the first 8 verses of Revelation into the post. Whether it's dialogue, or just quoting in italics along with the action, whatever works. Starting with "And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see." (Rev 6:1) which is what The Man Comes Around opens with.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I seem to have well and truly fucked things up with my "Let's fuck things up some more" remark but hey, misunderstandings are the spice of life and it's fun. 🙂

And I blame too much left over Christmas Spirit for the maundering introspective verbal overload just now but hope someone can make something of it.

I love wolf lady and mad wild man, and look forward to interacting with them both.

You were ahead of me if you had even half an idea where I was going 🙂

Half of me just wants to fuck off into the east and fuck Elijah but I feel a responsibility to these wonderful New Shoshone tribespeople whose culture I have appropriated. Also I like the effect of the white smoke.

Elijah knows that if we leave them to their fate, we'll just end up processed for their water by some fanatic after they're done with the tribe since we've clearly pissed them off. He really doesn't want to be a leader, but realistically he's going to get shoved in that position - which at least makes for an interesting story.

Ruby knows a lot but all from out of date books: and is cluelessly naive and reckless with it. I love how she hero-worships Elijah but hasn't given a moment's thought to what he wants or the danger she is 'leading' him into. 🙂

• Haha 1

Where as a Elijah is in the "World is shit. Heroes are dead. Everything's fucked." school of thought with enough introspection to keep from going full "16 year old who just discovered Nietzsche" vibes. He's ended up holding onto Ruby as an anchor, because it's literally the only human connection he has at the beginning.

• Like 1

Perhaps it was my character or just my inexperience in an open style roleplay like this one but it feels like this is very much a story about, Ruby and Elijiah in which my character was just blip or passing character in their own journey. I don't say that to be rude or call anyone out just to openly express my feelings about it. So respectfully I've bowed out of this rp.

• Sad 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up