General OOC

So, to start, this club is loosely inspired by a long time private RP me and @AirAllie14 have had going for a while.  I do want to push some life into this.  May add some characters and thoughts soon.  Certain aspects of that story may be copied, but we will see to what degree.  It looks like she is temporarily busy with stuff at the moment, but may join in whenever she comes back.  Other people are free to join in as well.  I will probably get a few more characters posted soon, and maybe some additional setting thoughts.

• Love 2

Yeah, one of my clubs that never took off.  Decided to give it nudge while waiting for Allie’s return and trying to get myself more active again.  Will see how much it is inspired that by that private story.  It’s already somewhat different (“Knights” weren’t included in that, while Alexandrine there is essentially my main character of that story, in somewhat different circumstances.  Also there were not multiple teams in that story).

Will try to setting notes written over the weekend, if not sooner.  Will probably copy some other aspects of that story, but will probably add some more twists to it.

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

I started the details.  I’m sure I’ll add more as I have time and think of things.  Feel free to ask questions, though keep the questions here, to that topic cleaner.

https://ecchidreams.com/community/topic/8035-setting-details/

Edited by SataiRolePlayingGuy

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta ask, this is taking place in modern times? Can't help but feel an 80's anime aesthetic to it. I just wanna make sure before jumping into character making. 

Also, how do you feel about a character discovering their power via reaching adulthood? I can go into further detail on that if you'd like. 

Ah, another familiar face.  Getting some life into here.

28 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

If I wanted to make a Semi-Human, as it were, would they feature bestial traits in both their transformed and non-transformed state? Or just the transformed state?

I was thinking it was only while transformed.  Though it might not be impossible for one to be like that more permanently.  They would probably have to live a fairly hermit like ordinary life though.  Keep the existence of such individuals secret.  Especially if she was the child of a ‘violated’ magical girl.  The mother would probably hide her existence from those outside of magical girls/knights.  Only going into crowds while transformed.

5 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Gotta ask, this is taking place in modern times? Can't help but feel an 80's anime aesthetic to it. I just wanna make sure before jumping into character making. 

Also, how do you feel about a character discovering their power via reaching adulthood? I can go into further detail on that if you'd like. 

That’s the sort of thing that inspired it.  It isn’t set in a specific year, but more or less the world as we know it.  Maybe a near future with some very light sci-if (not anything specific in mind while I’m saying that, just a possibility).

For one who was not born into a family with history such power, it is probably possible for some to discover it later.

• Like 2

So I was also wondering how in depth we should get into the aspects of our transformations, specifically what details might be needed or wanted. Will there be combat and if so how fleshed out should we go into abilities? Any limits? Are they more specific or are general concepts fine? Who handles the baddies? How mortal are magical girls and knights? Are we talking Madoka style wherein they are very much not immortal?

• Love 1

Will try to give a more complete answer tomorrow.  But a partial one now:

The whole set up with multiple regional teams was to allow a bunch of different stories going on at the same time, especially if we keep getting more playing members.  Each team would be dealing their own enemies, that could be played by different people.  Someone could play a mix of both sides if they wanted.  There would be fighting mixed in, but how much and how serious it gets could vary depending on who is playing.  They certainly could be killed, but not necessarily easily (see my character, Alexandrine, who had the rest of her original team killed), they could also tortured/seduced into joining the enemy, or unwilling to fight.  You have a lot of freedom depending on what you and who you play with want to do.

• Love 1

As for transformations, you can be detailed as you want.  Considering the inspirations, it may or may not have a sexualized feel to it/temporary nudity.  It varies somewhat on a case by case basis.  Most probably have some sort of object they use to transform.  Either given to them, by someone else, or perhaps formed by their bodies.  Others might transform purely through will.  It might vary by teams.  Some teams might have a another being as the source of their power.

In the original private RP the idea was a beginner had to be more focused, use their power in a specific way, but could become more flexible as they gained experience.  Maybe a mix of that.  As they master their power they can shift it towards things semi-related, but not drastically different.  Do want to avoid anyone being over powered, but hard to say exactly where the limit should be.

With the member count where it is currently, we’ll see whether we want to focus on one team and it’s enemies, or break them up a little (could do both, especially if people want to to play multiple characters).  I do still intend to make a few more characters.  Probably a gender bending magical girl, and an enemy or two.  Will see if there is anything else.

• Love 1

I made a Semi-Human character who generally operates as a wanna-be somewhat rogue Magical Girl (but who also occasionally commits crimes to survive). Lives as a hermit. Definitely capable of falling and becoming a Broken Girl as well if another enemy is needed (but just trying to be good within the confines of everything that life throws at her currently). Let me know if any changes are needed or anything, or even if it is acceptable to begin with!

• Love 1

That could be interesting to go with.  She may get her chance to confront her father.  See whether she is defeated, corrupted by him or finds someone to pull her back.  Could find her way to Alexandrine, a new character and/or someone else's character(s).  Will see what others do here.  Even we do everyone as one team, they will probably be in smaller groups most of time, more than three people in one thread could get complicated.

I'm working on a poll, to see what people about various things that could happen.  A mix of sexual and not.  That can be used to possibly plan story aspects as we go.

• Love 1

Added a little more to Alexandrine’s profile.  An interesting starting point could be her trying to build a new team, hearing rumors about Emi and investigating.  She will eventually get the chance to confront her father, which could go any number of ways.  Hikaru may or not be included in this story.  Will eventually bring one or two other unmade characters (including the previously mentioned gender bender).  Other people could potentially join in, as we go, or make their own stories.

• Woohoo 1

She would probably have to adjust to something like that.  Alexandrine would have to get used to it again, though she has experience with them in happier days.  Emi would be welcomed though, as long as she remained transformed the whole time (as any Magical Girl/Knight there would).  The public knows some of them don't look entirely human, but believe that is just part of the transformation and a strange expression of their power (true in other cases) and don't know the reason for their unusual appearances.  Alexandrine could try to drag her into it, to make Emi at least somewhat more accepted/known.

Not a world wide event or anything.  But a few of the neighboring teams could be present too.  Hikaru likely, as well as the Jumi from the first post, among others.

• Love 1