GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

29 minutes ago, MIroque said:

Nepthtys watched the woman from her divan.

"Hmm.. Should I have been planning an violent confrontation, would you think it woukd have been wise move to come and talk to me?" She toke an grape and bited it casually. 

"Be that as it may, we meen no harm to you or your. Althou, should there be some need for mens under my command, you can turn toward me, and we might be able to smite somekind of deal, depending on tasks at hand. And, if the town holds any magisters or scholars of reputation, could you make them know, I could have use for their knowledge on local mountain and its history. But, now, sit and break bread with me."

"If you are planning a violent confrontation, not coming to your tent would not save me. I will do both things." Kendra says then sits and partakes in the feast.

@MIroque

*After the events at the bath, Darius had set out to find Princess Nephthy's and apologize he was surprised to find her outside, he kenw she was a strict about protocol he was learning just how much. He waved at her guards and nodded at the Silent Watcher waiting to be given permission to pass. As he waits he speaks with him*

"Watcher, do you or your people have any writings in Osirian and another language I may know. I wish to learn the tongue of your people."

I finish fully cleaning myself and then wanders over to get dressed in my simple clothes once more, even adorning myself my fetishes and other talismans and trinkets. I bow to those still there."Have a nice time here still", I say politely and wander to my room to write down all the cultural, physical, mental and spiritual notes I can down, waiting for dinner to start.

@GM Angel In the pavillion, Nepthtys smiles to mayors seemingly casual jest, but they both know it was truth aswell. Princess made no mention for the sheriff, as he was still standing there, while the two women had their meal. It was exotic foods and fruits from lands far away.

@PsychoSexual As Darius moved toward the camp, spearmen from the Bronze company halted him, and when he asked for the knights, Silent Watcher made his way to the edge of the camp to meet him.

He exchanged pleasantries and when Darius spoke about willingness to learn their ways, he smiled. "For writings and skills of the scribes, we have an scribe with us, and of course, Princess is known as Keeper of the Blessed Scrolls, title bestowen to her by the Ruby Pharao himself. Come back at morning and I will have informed our scribe about the matter, or if you want to see Princess's audience, I must inform you, that the mayor of this hovel village is meeting her right now."

As the two were having their conversation, there was riders coming down the road and soldiers in guard were readying themselves, until the riders were in viewing distance and carried Osirian banner. There was dozen of them and as they rode to the camp, they were allowed in, without much hassle. Silent Watcher watched them ride past and cave nod to their sergeant.

@MIroque

"I haven't had dinner and I believe once you break bread with someone its proof you mean them no harm. So I would be most pleased if you allow me to break bread with the Princess or your men. But if your customs dictate I wait, I shall. I mostly wished to apologize to the Princess, I believe I startled you and your men"

*He says referring to the spell he cast earlier. He didn't mind if he didn't eat to them he didn't need after all. He didn't knew the secret of the Princess's retinue he had after all use Greater Detect Magic on her retinue earlier, but if she wanted to pretend they were mere men, he was happy to oblige her*

@PsychoSexual

"Magus, you assume my position much higher that it is. I am an mere guard, to her highness and to my commander." Silent Watcher points toward an tent next to the Pyramid shaped Pavillion. "He would be the one, to allow you to meet princess. Not I. And you are in luck. Knight-Commander has not eaten neighter. Let us walk, and see if he will break bred with you." the Silent Watcher laughed hollowily. "It is clear you wetlanders know nothing of Osirian anymore."

As Darius and Silent Watcher made their walk past the camp, every soldier raised to greet the knight as he passed them, until you reached the tent. Unseremonially the knight raised his voice "Commander, you have an visitior."

Out from the tent came an youthful woman, wearing modest white cotton dress and she kept the door open for the knight and Darius to enter. "Come on in then"

@MIroque

"Pardon me, you are the most outgoing of your people. And you are correct I know nothing of your people, but with her Highness indulgence, I am eager to learn*

*Darius followed the Watcher, trying to be in his best behavior*

"Thank you, Watcher"

*Since the Silent Watcher addressed her as Commander, he gave her a low bow  and decided to introduce himself*

"I am The Red Wizard, they call me Lord Blackwood. A recent acquaintance of her Highness. Nice to meet you"

Edited by PsychoSexual

@PsychoSexual

The woman did understand only an little of that, curtseyed and pointed inwards "Commander waits in"

Silent Watcher barked an laughter. "I like you wetlander. That servant is not my commander, hes inside." Silent Watcher walked into  the tent, and motioned Darius to join him.

Inside there was an bronze skinned man, wearing loincloth sitting on an small rug, he had been writing something on an scroll. He nod to the knight and looked at Darius, knowing he was an magus of some sort.

Speaking in crude tradetalk "Magus, sit and tell me, why are you here. If your hungry, can I offer you anything ?"

@MIroque

*Darius took his slight mistake on stride, he was among a different people and culture and he was bound to get things wrong*

"I am here to speak with the Princess if at all possible. I wanted to apologize to her and to you as well, earlier this evening I was concerned about your people and the Princess so I try to take a look with magic, I retreat the second you and your soldiers became aware of it. I understand our cultures see magic very differently, and so i hope you see I meant no disrespect or harm. If I have cause an offense I will leave."

*He say and awaits for his reply and if he is sent away he wouldn't be angry, he was in a good mood after all, a very good mood. If he was allowed to stay he would happily break bread with the man*

*Darius smiles and reply's in perfect elven, he had not recognized this man as an elf upon first gaze, he must be more tired than he thought*

"Elven is one of my favorite languages"

*He repeats his apology word for word in elven wanting to make sure there are no misunderstandings, he continues to speak in Elven*

"I wish to learn Osirian, I am good with languages and I believe with a text in both Osirian an any another language I know i should be able to learn enough to converse. I was hoping you or the Princess might be able to indulge my curiosity in that area."

Ferax leaned uncomfortably on his desk. He'd always struggled with this part of the business but it kept the ludus afloat and him in the comfortable life he enjoyed. He summoned the house girl who stood a polite distance aside, head bowed, with a simple wave.

"Fetch me a cup of wine. Quickly, Hebron here," he nodded at this chief money counter with a sideways smile that bordered on an annoyed sneer, "is making my head ache." As the girl scurried off, Hebron sneered back and Ferax turned his attention back to the parchment with the expenses for the upcoming games and projected earnings.

Ferax had forgotten whatever name he'd been given by whatever forgotten whore had birthed him long ago, and what remained was the champion gladiator Ferax. The businees of blood for sport had been all he'd ever known, "Our choices are limited, Hebron, but we send Truya with light gear - she's young, but no one has a gladiatrix as good as her, so she'll win. But a bunch on her. Dagrath is iffier, but if we put him in the heavy armor and let him have the damn hammer he's so fond of, he should at least live, better than even odds he wins. We sell them two of the lions, and let Sakkoth fight again." He held up his hand to silence Hebron's argument, "He loves it, and he's got a few coins he's looking to bet on himself anyway - odds are he wins because of that. Besides, he's a savage bastard and Nikka's best option to fight him is out for months, if he's ever coming back at all. With the idiot surgeon Nikka's-"

"A thousand pardons, dominus." the girl interrupted, head down wine in hand, "A messenger from Lady Gold has arrived with an urgent message."

He waved the girl over and took the wine, "Send them in a bring wine for Hebron and the messenger."

A moment later the messenger entered the office. "Lady Gold would like to speak to you. Your guards have delayed me - you will need to hurry."

Ferax's lips curled sideways, pursed suspiciously, as he looked at Hebron. The money counter shrugged. A moment later the house girl returned with the two wine cups, Ferax took a sip of his and told the messenger, "There is one for you, but no time, it seems. Hurry back to your mistress and tell her I follow."

He turned to Hebron, "I'll take Brida and Luthor. The games will be fine - they're not eager to see us rich, and won't do anything to make it easy so we must win." He gave a sly, confident wink, "Easy."

He gathered his two companions, gave instructions to his doctore, Wennetto, and hurried off to Lady Gold's manse.

When he arrived, he had the two gladiators stand down the stairs a bit, "Wait here - I suspect we make people nervous." he said with a chuckle.

He pounded on the ornate door frame with a flat hand and waited.

Edited by WritesNaughtyStories
Typos
  • Like 2

@PsychoSexual

Man was not an elf, but an human, still he spoke elvish quite well "My mistress is an elf, and I too, am somewhat adept grasping languages. Your elvish is a bit smoother than mine friend. Sit, and do not worry. My men informed me, that there had been an insivible scounting eye, coming from the town, which retreated ones discovered. Princess knows of this, of course, but as its nothing new, we let it slide. Anyway, we do take magic on quite different way, than the wetlanders as we call people beyond the inner sea. Our land thrives with magic. We life and breath elemental powers, as Osirian is the worlds oldest kingdom still standing. It surprasses even the firstworld'ers scholars say."

Knight-Commander toke an bread and broke it, offering half to Darius "Just do not cast your spells casually, close to princess. We are sword to protect her, by all and every means. And, our training takes magic into count. Some of the younger and more foolish guards might mistake your casting as an assult. What comes to your wish to learn Osirian texts, we have an scribe who can teach you."

Edited by MIroque

@MIroque

"If my spell caused the Princess, your men or yourself any distress I apologize. I was surprised and impressed with your readiness. I knew the Princess would know of it, but your men are well versed in magic as well"

*Darius heard the man speak and realized by his light accent, his first assertion was correct and he was talking to a human*

"I breath and live magic, it is the only thing I can say i truly love. In that I think you will find most Magus in our land are like your own. As for not using spells near your Mistress, I promise to do so, unless I feel not doing so will endanger my life or those I have been tasked to protect. I thank you for your hospitality."

*The Red Wizard said taking the bread and eating. he didn't need to eat but he enjoyed to and it was good certainly better than he was used to*

"I would be happy for any assistance you may offer me in the matter. Your land and your people sound amazing and I am curious to learn."

*Darius remembered one of his dreams when he found himself in strange places almost always as a lil boy, if that dream was to be believed he had been a slave in Osirian long, long ago but since he had never been to the land, he knew it was just a dream*

@PsychoSexual

The servant girl that left, returned good ten minutes after and bought an basket full of fruits and small cookies, placed it before the knight-commander and left.

Knight-commander spoke quite openly about his lands and visaversa made inquiries of the northern lands. It was clear they were like two different worlds. Something he did not spoke of, was their mission so far away form the blessed sands.

*Darius learned little, or rather he learned little that interested him, he took the cookies gladly and mimic the human if he chose a fruit just to try since they would likely be foreign to him*

"Forgive my bluntness, but is the Princess working with Lady Gold? I am just trying to understand why you would trave so far away. specially when your land is enlightened."

*He said trying a little flattery not that he expected a great revelation, but understanding their goal would be useful, if only so he made sure he did not to get in the way of it*

@PsychoSexual "That is an matter you must ask her. As it is not my place to speak of such." his jovial spirit got an knock, but did not vanish. "But I can tell you, we have never met lady Gold before. We just happened to be there. And what little we have learned here, intelligent undeads are quite scarce on these lands, am I right?"

@Dozle The Crusader

A young blonde girl, small of frame, with large breasts and a wide smile scurried into the room within minutes of Adam ringing the bell.

"Good evening, m'Lord," she says, curtsying. Her sky blue dress is plain but well made and clean. "How may I serve you?"

She looks up at the golem, her eyes filled with awe. She's never seen anything like him.

• Like 2

@MIroque

*He was surprised by his directness, pleasantly surprised by his directness and boldness he appreciated the direct approach, at his comment about the scarceness of intelligent undead, he chuckle to himself, thinking intelligence in general was to his mind scarce among the living too*

"You are correct partially out of ignorance, many consider the undead in general to be taboo, but in reality I believe the true problem is that it requires a considerable amount of magical power. I am not sure if I myself could accomplished it, so that in itself makes it rare. The Princess's abilities are remarkable*

*He hoped the man understood he was warning him about revealing the truth about the watcher and the others. He was certain he could if he truly tried, he could create intelligent undead but he didn't want to reveal just how powerful he was*