GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

*Whilst Darius waits for others to make their choices, from the vast and seemingly near infinite treasures in the vault, he approaches Lady Gold again, trying to learn more, since he is certain we aren't being scryed*

"Lady Gold, and what other allies of Lessenor's..." *The Red Wizard considers his words carefully* "...caliber do we count in our ranks?"

"The same...caliber? None I'm afraid, he is far and away the strongest. Unfortunately he isn't much of an ally truly, He is terrified of Shar and will run at the first sign of her sweeping gaze. He wants her to fail, even more wants her destroyed, but he has...too much to lose, I suppose." Lady Gold replies as she inspects other plinths and dais, just out of curiosity.

Cernan puts his bow away inside his quiver and begins to browse the area inside the armory. He sees many different items sitting on shelves and podiums, armor on stands, and weapons on racks. At first, he doesn't really see anything that catches his interest. Then he feels drawn to a longbow sitting on a mostly empty rack.

Examining the bow, it is delicately carved from something resembling darkwood. The bow has a definite angelic feather motif. The added detail of lightning reaching from the grip out towards both tips. The bowstring appears to be a intricate strand of braided silver. 

The monk picks up the bow, balancing it in his hand. It just feels right and natural for him. Cernan speaks to the bow, "I shall call you Blessed Lightning."

• Like 1

Just like the rest I enter the place and before even examining anything I write down all the notes I can about the architecture, the room itself and so on. Then once that is done a headband with shiny stones call out to me and I pick it up. It is mostly the aestethic that sticks out to me and I try it on and for some reason I feel my mind expanding greatly. I find it curious and therefore take it off once more. I sit down and call out to the spirits, making it look like I am meditating. Rather I am channelling them through me and with their aid I am able to gather this piece of clothing raises my intellect. Something I quite find useful.

• Like 1

*Darius was about to leave with the first item he had chosen but at the last minute as he is turning away a vestment crimson like blood catches his eyes, he puts back the headband he had taken earlier and instead grabs the vestment, that was something about it, both aesthetically and magically it called to him. He removed his shirt and armour so he could wear immediately and felt lucky just to have the item. He examined the item carefully with Identify so he would know how it works and was very pleased with the results, then he dressed back how he was, leaving the golden headband behind and return to his original silver one*

"I think this is the best choice for me"

*He looks at the choice of Cernan the monk, he wasn't one for bows, but he had to admit the man had taste and his business well. In fact as far as he can tell everyone was making sensible choices, he wondered what Lady Kazumi would choose or what would Princess Nephthys would have rewarded if she was here*

Kazumi wishes she had reacted first, but the gladiator Ferax was too fast. She should be here cursed guarding this place. She would be useless in the coming conflict. She could have left them with Hai Linh and her entourage and her role would be fulfilled. Support. Diplomacy. That was all she brought to the table, and she wasn't certain that would even be helpful against Shar.

She still wore the flower that Darius had pinned to her dress, and she glanced down and sniffed it as she strolled through the armory. As she looked off to the side, a sleeveless shawl that radiated magic (Mantle of Spell Resistance) caught her eye. It was beautiful, embroidered with arcane symbols in the same patterns as her robe of arcane heritage. She shrugged the shawl on over her dress and it blended nicely into her clothing, almost as if she weren't wearing it at all. 

Hai Linh looks around, uncertain if she should also take an item. Kazumi motions toward a dark belt and nods. Hai Linh picks it up and fastens it around her waist (Belt of Physical Perfection +6). She smiles at her mistress, and the two continue onward deeper into the armory.

[edited to include Kazumi's reaction to Darius' flower]

Edited by IsabellaRose
  • Like 1

*Darius was in an odd mood, he was not certain how he felt. He was not used to working with others. This was the longest he had been with any group of people not counting the orphanage he had escaped from*

*He occasionally glanced at Last Kazumi, but given everything that had happened he didn't felt it was a good time for then to talk and besides he needed to keep his mind on the job. He had taken the money and even spend it. He had to protect Lady Gold*

"Are we ready to continue Lady Gold?"

*He said thinking on the new spell he had bought and hat he felt he had been waiting lifetimes to use.*

"I believe so." Lady Gold replies.

As the group reaches the far end of the hall they enter a tall domed chapel, many pillared where everything is made of black purple-veined marble and  a massive Symbol of Shar, a black eclipse haloed by purple light, is masterfully etched into the floor. At one side is a horseshoe shaped Ebon Altar and to the left a portal of shimmering purple light.

Above is a magical illusion on the domed ceiling high above of a starry sky not your own, but that of some distant, ancient planet.

The Black eyed old man is suddenly there again standing near you.

"The portal will lead you home to wherever you came from. If you pray at the Altar for the Gift of Shadows you will become a Mythic Shade and become resistant to Shar's powers. The process is painful but quick and I recommend it, Shar's distant eyes have spotted you now." The Seneschal informs you.

"This is likely your last chance for a "free gift" from the Shadows, from this point forward Shar will simply be drinking your tears, if history has shown anything..." The man says matter of fact, his tone friendly but warning.

Edited by GM Angel

*Darius was pensive for almost a minute, his expression like stone inscrutable and featureless. As he gained the knowledge he needed and understood more about this man he chose his next words carefully*

"Shar only gives this power to those who are worthy, to those she trust and who she would never expect to betray her. That is correct isn't, it?"

*He said uncertain if he was right, in fact doubting he was, but it was a good start*

The Seneschal laughs good naturedly. "No, Shar hands out power like candy, without reserve or trap, even to her enemies, so that when they ultimately fail to defeat her despite their power She can drink in their tears of bitterness and shame. She is the Lady of Loss after all, and even her minions hate as much as adore her!"

*Darius heard the man, he thought of the cleric they had killed the way she acted mad and seemed to talk to herself. He wondered if she had taken this power*

"Are you saying there are no side effects to taking this power? No changes or consequences?"

*Nishka was right in that he was power hungry but Darius desired power only in his own terms. He won't take any power that makes him anything other than human*

*He kept looking at the Lady Gold wondering if she would be tempted, he doubted anyone in this group would*

21 minutes ago, PsychoSexual said:

*Darius heard the man, he thought of the cleric they had killed the way she acted mad and seemed to talk to herself. He wondered if she had taken this power*

"Are you saying there are no side effects to taking this power? No changes or consequences?"

*Nishka was right in that he was power hungry but Darius desired power only in his own terms. He won't take any power that makes him anything other than human*

*He kept looking at the Lady Gold wondering if she would be tempted, he doubted anyone in this group would*

"Changes? Consequences? Of course, your very flesh will bleed shadows and you will blend into darkness effortlessly. You will live forever and your flesh will heal quickly in shadows or darkness. As part of your very lifeforce will be transformed into shadow stuff you will get stronger, faster, and tougher. You will be able to see in pitch darkness and travel through shadows at will....and then of course there is the Mythic Powers."

*Darius lets go of a breath he didn't knew he had been holding. Such a disappointment, The Red Wizard was a proud and arrogant man, too arrogant to abandon his humanity for anything, for it was who he was.*

"No. When I destroy Shar she will know a human did it. Not one of her shadows."

Edited by PsychoSexual

I have been silent around the older man while the juju caster spoke to him. I approach him with a hint of fear or hesitation."What you are offering...is not good. It reeks of imbalance and corruption. I will have no part of this. For once I am with the juju man. There is no gain in this and we will show that mere mortals can help the universe regain its natural order. I would rather see this abomination of an altar destroyed, so no being shall be desecrated in this manner", I say with a surprisingly sharp and hissing tone.

Cernan steps up to the altar beside Hai Linh and begins to examine it. He turns towards the Seneschal "The offer is definitely intriguing," he says stepping away from the altar. "However, I feel there are plenty of other paths to immortality and mythic power than to give oneself over to shadow. Therefore I must politely decline."

*Darius looked around the room, as he had predicted no one in the room would take the power, but the he looked at Hai Linh Mai, he wondered how far she would go to protect her Mistress? Part of him hoped she would go as far o as him, the other hoped she wouldn't to spare Lady Kazumi the pain*

*Darius had been expecting this sort of behavior from the Priest, after all these what Priest do, and as liberal, jovial and wise as Jerrell had been so far, this was bound to happen when faced with the power of another God. He stood in front of Lady Gold, he had taken it upon himself to protect her and he would.  And hoped the Priest would continue to be wise and not pick a battle they had nothing to gain from*

*Still thumbing the Holy water, Jerell noticed the look of disapproval on the Red Mage's face. He chuckled a bit to himself, and sighed. The mage was no doubt thinking of the long game. While as much satisfaction as Jerell would get cleansing and consecrating the place, he would not jeopardise the parties plans here. He gave Darius a look and a shrug, as if to say, alright, not this time.*

*Instead he traced the Holy symbol of the downturned sword over his chest.*

Edited by Balthier
  • Like 1

*Darius nodded in understanding and thanks. Maybe working with others was possible, though now he felt a little guilty about the secrets kept him from and all of them. He put the thought quickly out of his mind. The good cleric may not start a battle but Shar's followers where to his mind crazy and unpredictable and he may start a battle for no reason*

Hai Linh looks back at the group and speaks.

"One of us should test this power, see if it comes with drawbacks or conditions. Only a fool passes on the opportunity to turn her enemies' own weapons or powers back against her. You are all greater than me by far, and fate has chosen each of you for this task. I am only a companion of one chose. If I fall, I will not be missed. I shall pray at the altar and accept these gifts. If I become a pawn of Shar, destroy me. If I can control this power and use it against her, you will have a more powerful ally than before."

She pauses. "Unless anyone here knows something the rest of us don't..."