GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

"I know of other powers, that may be safer, but they may not be. So far they have not come with a price only a promise. But if you take this power it would help me in my task, as well as our quest."

*Darius looks at Lady Kazumi*

"I understand your logic all too well. I know you do not need my approval, but your Mistress's, and if she does approve, and you stray from your path, I promise to destroy you if you ever bring her harm."

*Darius goes quiet after saying his peace looking at Lady Kazumi*

Edited by PsychoSexual

Kazumi closes her eyes and for a moment it looks as if she is going to cry. She takes a deep breath and crosses the room to stand before Hai Linh. She leans forward, touching the younger woman's face softly with her fingertips. She traces the line of her jaw to her chin, slides her fingertip under Hai Linh's chin, and tilts her head to look up so their eyes meet. She whispers softly to her friend, and those with the ability to do so might hear her words.

Spoiler

"Hai Linh, you don't have to do this. But I understand why you feel you need to. The choice is yours. No matter what you chose, you are my friend, and I love you dearly."

After she speaks she looks at Hai Linh and sees the decision in her eyes. She leans forward and kisses Hai Linh softly on the lips. The ninja seems to falter for a moment, her hands looking as though they want to embrace Kazumi, but after an internal battle, they remain at her sides.

Hai Linh's eyes are closed when Kazumi breaks the kiss and steps back. She looks at her mistress, and for the first time since anyone has seen her, she smiles. It is gone almost as fast as it appeared, and she gives Kazumi a very business-like nod, then turns to the altar and prays for the power of the shadow...

"You said yourself that balance requires both good and evil," Kazumi says to Nishka, but her eyes never leave Hai Linh. "Perhaps using her own power against her is the only way to defeat Shar. We cannot know for certain."

She watches her friend and feels a cold fist of fear wrap around her heart. She involuntarily draws her shawl closer around her as she waits for whatever will happen to Hai Linh.

"I must trust that the choices we make may effect the future, despite the ire of an angry goddess."

3 minutes ago, IsabellaRose said:

"You said yourself that balance requires both good and evil," Kazumi says to Nishka, but her eyes never leave Hai Linh. "Perhaps using her own power against her is the only way to defeat Shar. We cannot know for certain."

She watches her friend and feels a cold fist of fear wrap around her heart. She involuntarily draws her shawl closer around her as she waits for whatever will happen to Hai Linh.

"I must trust that the choices we make may effect the future, despite the ire of an angry goddess."

*Darius felt the desire to comfort Lady Kazumi, but he didn't, he didn't think she would want that, he didn't knew how and he wouldn't risk leaving Lady Gold alone*

1 hour ago, JennyDK said:

"True enough, but we have seen where the path of Shar leads and that should not expand any further. I still say we destroy this altar of pure imbalance. It has no place in this universe and can only lead to further doom. I have no idea why we should not do so", I reply and step further backwards.

"In truth I had been considering just that, my marshland friend. I do wonder most importantly however, if we do, could we still leave this place? And if this is a place of power for Shar, do we risk confronting her power now?  In other words, do you feel the risk is worth it. As much as I am inclined to cleanse this, I don't want to trap us here either. We're a bit beyond my knowledge in this arena.  I am not knowledgeable in planar travel as of yet..."

Edited by Balthier

7 minutes ago, Balthier said:

"In truth I had been considering just that, my marshland friend. I do wonder most importantly however, if we do, could we still leave this place? And if this is a place of power for Shar, do we risk confronting her power now?  In other words, do you feel the risk is worth it. As much as I am inclined to cleanse this, I don't want to trap us here either. We're a bit beyond my knowledge in this arena.  I am not knowledgeable in planar travel as of yet..."

"I can get us out come what may."

*Darius said being entirely truthful even if there a small amount of doubt in his mind.*

"But why choose to face her now when we know we can't win. I believe in bravery as much as the next man, but I believe the difference between bravery and madness is the possibility of success"

Hai Linh prays at the Altar and nothing happens for a moment. Then: Three tendrils of pitch darkness form out of the shadows on the ceiling and spiral slowly down. With needle like protrusions they pierce the ninja's back and agony floods through her as they drink of her life force while replacing it with a mixture of Shadow stuff and Mythic Power.

The agony stretches for one long moment then the Shadow tendrils recede and Hai Linh feels amazing. Shadows now bleed in small swirls off of her flesh and her eyes glow a bright shade(your choice of color).

OOC: Apply the Mythic Shade template now and choose a Mythic path, which you now have 3 Tiers in.

• Like 1

"Well... We're all crazy, or we wouldn't be here.  Still, I do favor the greatest chance of completing our goal.  I wouldn't mind sticking it to Shar as much as I can, I do not wish to jeopardize pur end goal however. I've been carrying around holy water just for such a circumstance." Jerell laughs,

He turns more serious when Hai Linh prays at the alter. A look of sadness crosses the face of the warpriest, "Looks like she's made her choice..."

The monk watches in rapt attention as the ninja underwent her transformation. He was at first worried as he saw the agony she went through, but was relieved when she appeared to be fine after the change was done. Cernan then turns to stare at Lady Gold after her exclamation. 

1 hour ago, GM Angel said:

Lady Gold hides behind Darius, her eyes wide as she watches Hai Linh's transformation.

"Such power!" She declares in astonishment.

*Darius looks at Lady Gold trying to discern the truth in her words*

Spoiler

Sense Motive check roll:

Roll(1d20)+22:
14,+22
Total:36

"You guys didn't see that? Shar herself reached out with a sliver of her will to elevate Hai Linh! Imagine having such strength at your disposal you would imbue your very foes with such Mythic Power!" It seems Lady Gold then does imagine it and she shudders.

"I sometimes ponder if the real purpose of the Lady in empowering her foes is so that they can in fact destroy her. How deeply does Shar want to return to the true peace of oblivion I wonder?" The Seneschal speculates.

*Darius just chuckles, thinking it prudent to say less rather than more, but his pride doesn't quite let him*

"You claim to be powerless, yet it was easy to outsmart Lessenor, then why would you provide a challenge. I wonder Lady Gold if when you see yourself in a mirror, whose soul do stares back?"