GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

While Snippers and Adam seems to get along, with Snippers riding on the golem happily, I turn to Lady Gold.

"So, in short: What do you need to get done and how can I help? I do not require shinies even. I have things I might want to suggest though as well as many questions lady Gold", I tell her.

*Darius also has a question for the Lady Gold, something he feels she is particularly suited to answering, so when time allows it, he approaches her and quietly asks*

"Lady Gold, what do you know of Volumvax? Is he friend or foe?"

*Darius wandered if it was prudent to attempt to recruit the demigod against Shar, the enemy of my enemy and all that*

40 minutes ago, agdiv said:

The monk notes the interesting departure used by Kazumi, having known a few druids with a penchant for travel by tree. He looks around at those remaining before walking up beside Lady Gold's carriage. 

Cernan looks to the gathering storm clouds as the party sets off down the road, monk walking beside the carriage the rest of the trip.

"Lady Gold, I am curious why you have selected such an eclectic arrangement of individuals for this quest of yours."

"Honestly? You are all the best money could buy. The strongest adventurers in this part of the world and likely our best hope. I have a few allies of power but no one that compares to the raw power of this group. Combined you have the best shot of standing against the threats of Karzoug and Shar and if I have to bankrupt myself to draw you togther and reward you for your efforts I will." Lady Gold says with a tired smile.

49 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

While Snippers and Adam seems to get along, with Snippers riding on the golem happily, I turn to Lady Gold.

"So, in short: What do you need to get done and how can I help? I do not require shinies even. I have things I might want to suggest though as well as many questions lady Gold", I tell her.

"Our first task is to get to Sandpoint so I may recover an Artifact Key a Guild has procured for me. Then we shall head to a massive cave in the base of Mhar Massif, one of the tallest mountains in the world and summon and enter the Armory of Darkness, an ancient fane used by Shar to store many powerful weapons and artifacts. We will take what we can, hopefully weakening Shar's forces and significantly bolstering our own strength. While we can technically just travel to the Plane of Shadows right now and assault Shar's Divine Realm I'm not feeling too great about our chances of survival at this point. We must increase our strength before we can face the Goddess so we strike at her heels until we are assured of our own strength."

• Like 2

I do my best to listen to lady Gold explain this in simple terms and when put like that, it makes it much easier to comprehend, though several terms and names still do not ring a bell.

"Okay. I think I get the overall gist of it. So we need equipment to deal with evil powers, of which goblin guy was part of and serving. Then what was all that bickering about? Surely none of us wishes to see the universe get destroyed?", I go on to say to her. I quickly write all of this in my journal so I can remember it better amd of course for future research."You need not spend shinines on me. I have no need for your metal discs. What I really seek, is knowledge about this here Outland. My home is not exactly like your own as I am sure youy can tell by now".

33 minutes ago, PsychoSexual said:

*Darius also has a question for the Lady Gold, something he feels she is particularly suited to answering, so when time allows it, he approaches her and quietly asks*

"Lady Gold, what do you know of Volumvax? Is he friend or foe?"

*Darius wandered if it was prudent to attempt to recruit the demigod against Shar, the enemy of my enemy and all that*

"Volumvax is the enemy of all that is good and sane." She tells Red, then relates the Demigod's history, repeated here;

Volumvax, the Hound of the Hunt, The Lord Ciagraph, Is a demigod in the service of Shar. Originally granted his Divine spark after a thousand years of loyal service to the God of Thieves; Mask he eventually betrayed his Master in a bid for more power and joined the forces of the far more powerful Goddess Shar. He served as her Herald for quite some time and she did indeed grant him grand powers but, as is the fate of many of those who learn Shar's secrets, even his divine mind splintered under the weight of what he had learned and he went mad.

Seeing she had broken her toy Shar sealed him within his fortress; the Umbral Caylx and proceeded to forget about him. After millennia though Volumvax has regained his mind and now reaches out across the planes with his psionic powers, searching for those whom can help him in his quest for freedom. Often appearing as a hound of shadowy darkness his black wisdom has reached the hearts of many and empowered them, including a series of minor spell casters he granted a portion of his strength and turned into Liches under his control. His dark Divine aura has echoed through the Plane of Shadow as his power grows and his mind reconstitutes itself and he builds an army of darkness for after he is freed; he intends on fulfilling his burning need for revenge on Shar for her careless treatment.

"I know what your thinking because I'm thinking it too, but if we release him, while he may be the best ally we can get against Shar, he is also a wild card we can't control. I'm interested in your thoughts on the matter; what do you think of the situation?" Lady Gold inquires of the Wizard.

17 minutes ago, agdiv said:

"Ah yes Karzoug," Cernan replies. "Almost forgot about having to deal with him, given the appearance of the other threats. Though I do hope we won't have to bankrupt you in the process."

"I do too!" Lady Gold laughs. "I'm as selfish and greedy as the next noble women and I like living the good life but if poverty is the price I must pay for putting down two of the greatest threats to the world...."

Cernan listens carefully as Lady Gold answers the various questions posed to her. This Armory of Darkness does intrigue him. With the level of the threats we face, greater strength and powerful weapons would definitely be useful.

"Maybe in this Armory we shall find an artifact that would provide us with even a modicum of control over Volumvax." 

The monk pauses in thought as if trying to remember a long forgotten piece of information. "In my early days at the monastery as a young, I once found a dusty old time. It had vague references to artifacts of mythic ascension. Item able to bestow great powers upon an individual." Cernan looks at the ground despondently, "Unfortunately when I inquired further, the head minks burned that book to ash and forbade me from researching the matter."

13 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I do my best to listen to lady Gold explain this in simple terms and when put like that, it makes it much easier to comprehend, though several terms and names still do not ring a bell.

"Okay. I think I get the overall gist of it. So we need equipment to deal with evil powers, of which goblin guy was part of and serving. Then what was all that bickering about? Surely none of us wishes to see the universe get destroyed?", I go on to say to her. I quickly write all of this in my journal so I can remember it better amd of course for future research."You need not spend shinines on me. I have no need for your metal discs. What I really seek, is knowledge about this here Outland. My home is not exactly like your own as I am sure youy can tell by now".

"Bickering? No I think your fellow adventurers were just having natural reactions to what we face and are discussing and processing it, it is not every day a group of mortals gather together to oppose not only a literal Goddess but one of the mightiest deitys in existence. That is a lot to deal with! Regarding you learning just come with us, the amazing places you'll visit before our quest succeeds! I think you will be most pleased." Lady Gold replies.

*Darius looks at Lady Gold wondering how much does she truly know, and how much she can or can't see into his mind and soul*

"I think you put it best when you said we need to bolster our strength. My view is this: Where are the rest of the Gods? Why aren't they protecting reality from Shar? In my opinion and experience the reason is clear, they rarely intervene, they are lazy, self absorbed and I dare say not worthy of the title of God."

*Darius looks up awaiting to be smitten even though he knows it won't happen, he has always been this outspoken about the uselessness of the Gods*

"Shar is an anomaly in that regard. And if adding another demigod to the pile is the price we must pay, it seems at the moment worth paying, though your words do give me pause"

*In truth Darius hasn't come to a decision and he wouldn't act unilaterally until he was more certain of a good outcome."

Nepthtys was about to allow Darius travel with her retinue, but the magus was quick in his moves and went with Lady Gold instead.

Nepthtys ordered one knight to pack all the loot into an bundle, to be sorted later. There had been some intrest by the adventurers but not enough to make any claims so far, but they didnt want to interrogate the skeleton neighter. She could have let it roam freely, but it would have only agitated people, so she descimated it, making it impossible to resurrect the mad priestess. 

She pondered where she should go next, abd as Sandpoint was closest town, it should do for now, before she knows more.

She gives an order for the armyunit to move.

*Darius would rejoin her retinue, as soon as he was finished with Lady Gold. His tongue spell was long gone, but he knew at least one of her guards spoke Common and he asked for permission to see Princess Nephthys, when he was allowed to see her he would bow and introduce to her formally. He decided to do so in Common"

"Princess Nephthys, I am known as Lord Blackwood, I am sorry our formal introduction had to wait so long. I am sure you agree we have been remarkably busy as of late"

*He says as he finishes bowing*

"Could I have a private audience with you?"

*He says in perfect Elvish, hoping he finds his efforts to accommodate and welcome her appropriate*

Silent Watcher, the knight whom Darius knew, and was easily identified from the rest, nod and let him move closer to the Princess. 

Nepthtys smiled to Darius "I speak tradetongue, but I have found it hard to transmit specific informations, but your ancient elven is more preferable." She said in elven.

"Well met, Lord Blackwood, I have to say, I do not know where you hail from, so that, you must tell me more, atleast. Do you have an steed, if not, I can provide one for you, if you wish to travel with my retinue."

Edited by MIroque

1 hour ago, agdiv said:

Cernan listens carefully as Lady Gold answers the various questions posed to her. This Armory of Darkness does intrigue him. With the level of the threats we face, greater strength and powerful weapons would definitely be useful.

"Maybe in this Armory we shall find an artifact that would provide us with even a modicum of control over Volumvax." 

The monk pauses in thought as if trying to remember a long forgotten piece of information. "In my early days at the monastery as a young, I once found a dusty old time. It had vague references to artifacts of mythic ascension. Item able to bestow great powers upon an individual." Cernan looks at the ground despondently, "Unfortunately when I inquired further, the head minks burned that book to ash and forbade me from researching the matter."

"Perhaps, I don't know all that lies within the Armory. I do know mythic power can be acheived within however. A Well of True Shadow exists within the Armory, a physical connection to Shar's vast power, and whomever beckons the Shadows of the Well into their body and soul shall gain great Mythic power and additional abilities as they become like a shade" Lady Gold informs.

*He gives the Silent Watcher thanks, when he learns of his title he is surprised to learn one of the more outspoken members of her retinue has the title of silent.*

"I am a Master of many tongues, I am glad we have found one enjoyable to both."

*Darius says in Elven using that language exclusively now. He hears her offer and its surprised and glad by her generosity*

"Thank you princess, but I much rather use magic to travel over any beast. But if it is your custom I will happily ride with you."

*He says remembering the warning about magic he had been given earlier*

"As for my past, well I would love to read pages from that tale as well. What I know is not that special, I was an orphan who learned to fight to survive, who learned magic though serendipity or fate I am not sure which yet, and since them I have been sell-sword, hero or villain depending on the situation and my needs."

*He says being entirely truthful*

"I would love to hear about yourself and your people. I haven't had the pleasure to travel to your lands."

*Darius knows the importance and necessity of pleasantries and establishing trust but its obvious he has an agenda to discuss with the Princess*

2 hours ago, PsychoSexual said:

*Darius looks at Lady Gold wondering how much does she truly know, and how much she can or can't see into his mind and soul*

"I think you put it best when you said we need to bolster our strength. My view is this: Where are the rest of the Gods? Why aren't they protecting reality from Shar? In my opinion and experience the reason is clear, they rarely intervene, they are lazy, self absorbed and I dare say not worthy of the title of God."

*Darius looks up awaiting to be smitten even though he knows it won't happen, he has always been this outspoken about the uselessness of the Gods*

"Shar is an anomaly in that regard. And if adding another demigod to the pile is the price we must pay, it seems at the moment worth paying, though your words do give me pause"

*In truth Darius hasn't come to a decision and he wouldn't act unilaterally until he was more certain of a good outcome."

"You know the Gods well, though to be fair when Gods have fought directly in the past the devastation has been massive; dozens of planets and even whole planes devastated or destroyed. Though I suspect in the case of Shar the Gods keep their distance for another reason; In addition to Shar's vast personal power she is utterly fearless as her ultimate goal is essentially to cause everything to cease to be, including herself!  And all the Gods remember when the alliance of three paladin Gods, Talmount the True, Iskander the Wise and Gorman the Defender personally attacked her....and their Divine screams echoed throughout the planes for a hundred years!" Lady Gold exclaims.

*Darius is extremely amused when Lady Gold says he knows much about the Gods, finding the whole lot unworthy of trust let alone worship, a feeling he had ever since he was a child.*

"Thank you Lady Gold, if Shar is formidable as you say I am not sure we have much choice to but rally every so called God, demigod and divine being there is and marshal them kicking and screaming into battle. If you have a better plan, I am happy to hear it."

*Darius says getting a strange sense of deja-vu as if this isn't the first time he has spoken those words even though he is certain he hasn't*

OOC; Using initial introduction as Sandpoint approach introduction, just a copy and paste hack job cause I'm lazy as fuck, but you guys have reached the outskirts of Sandpoint!

They say those who head north from Magnimar along the rocky coastline quickly find themselves in a peculiar country. Fog drapes the rolling landscape, floating spectrally along damp and lonely moors. Small woodlands grace the region, their tangled depths redolent of nettles and pepperwood and pine sap, while further inland, river valleys lined by majestic redwoods wind between ragged tors and limestone escarpments. The region’s vastness and sense of isolation have earned it its local name—the Lost Coast.

As one approaches the isolated town of Sandpoint, the footprint of civilization upon the Lost Coast grows more clear. Farmlands in the outlying moors and river valleys grow more numerous, and the blue-green waters of the Varisian Gulf bear more and more fishing vessels upon the waves. Passage over creeks and rivers is more often accomplished by wooden bridge than ford, and the Lost Coast Road itself grows wider and better kept.

Sight of Sandpoint from either approach (south or east) is kept hidden by the large upthrust limestone pavements known as the Devil’s Platter and the arc of the rocky outcroppings and lightly forested hilltops that rise up just east of town, but as the final bend in the road is rounded, Sandpoint’s smoking chimneys and bustling streets greet the adventurers with open arms and the promise of warm beds, a welcome sight indeed for those whom have spent the last few days alone on the Lost Coast Road.

From the south, entrance to Sandpoint is governed by a wooden bridge.   Hanging from a bent nail at the southern bridge is a sign and a mirror—painted on the sign is the message: “Welcome to Sandpoint! Please stop to see yourself as we see you!”

• Like 1

I marvel at the sighs from all around me, taking note of the staggering differences in landscape, weather and overall fauna. I cannot help but eagerly wander a bit around while we still move forward to collect various samples of new plants, flowers and such, wondering what they might do, are named (if anything) and in general learn what I can

[Knowledge: Nature: roll 29 + Craft: Alchemy: Roll 33]

Of particular note of in the area are the following flora;

Princefoil: A slender white flower that grows southern facing. Can be made into a kind of herbal concoction that works like a weak healing potion (Heals d6 hp when drunk. Craft(alchemy) DC 15)

Neon Moss: Much as the name suggests this is a glowing moss that grows in the dark hollows of trees. Can be made into a poultice that has restorative effects(Cures 2 points of ability damage to one score. Craft(alchemy) DC 20)

*Darius hadn't anticipated Sandpoint would be this large, he had heard it was big but he had no idea. In his mind there was a lot to do, he already had ideas on what to spend the money he had been given, he needed to find a place to stay, and if at all possible find where the intoxicating Lady Kazumi had gone to. First things first.*

*Rather than bother Lady Gold, he decides to bother a member of her retinue, her coach driver*

"Excuse me, do you know where I can find the merchant's quarter?"

*He was interested in magical scrolls and items and whilst he doubt he would find something as powerful as what he was looking for but there was no harm in looking*