Offices for Headmaster and Vice Headmaster.

Edgar waited to seat himself until after she sat. Once he got himself seated and comfortable, he listened to what she said. "You are very welcome, your majesty." He looked a little confused for a moment before a bright smile grew on his face. "Oh yes! You must be referring to the parade in Sunveil, as well as our school dance. Well, from what I have been told, there is quite the celebration being planned in the city to celebrate the cohesion of human and monster cultures in the city. A celebration of peace and community. And when we had learned of it, we thought we should throw our own celebration here at Ironclaw as well, to give a safe environment for our chil... students to celebrate themselves. It also gives us a chance to celebrate the decade this academy has been working to aid in the cohesion and mutual learnings as well." As he spoke and his excitement grew, the flowers began to bloom more, looking more vibrant to match his mood.

• Like 1

"I wasn't really referering. Like I said, I was just told there would be some sort of celebration going on here and in the town. I am glad to be brought up to speed, of course. It sounds like a decent and fun initiative. I have yet to see how humans really party and such, me being needed mostly back home. However, I will try and fit in time for more visits from now on, I think", she replies back somberly and takes another look at the blooming flowers in the room.

He smiled at the queen's liking the idea of it all. "I am happy to hear this. If there's anything I or my staff can do to help, please let us know. And if I may add my opinion, while our celebration here will give you some interaction and show you how humans party, the parade and festivities in the city will probably give you the best experience." He leaned back into his chair, hoping she didn't think that he overstepped or such. He really didn't want to have to rebuild his office...again.

• Haha 1

Pacifica patiently listens to Edgar share his opinions on the matter, which she appreciates as she has good respect for him and the other staff of this academy, especially with him and Veronica having been chosen by a number of their peers to do so. She leans backwards a bit to get more comfortable and resting her arms along the armrests of the throne."I can see what you mean by  that and it makes good sense, but for my very first appearance, I think the dance may be the best place - at least to start. Then I can move on to Sunveil and shower them with my presence", she says both to herself and the vice headmaster.

Edgar let out a small sigh of relief as it seemed she approved of his opinion. He gave her a nod, liking her idea. "I think that is an excellent idea. I am sure several of our students would love to see you, especially our human students. While our curriculum on monster society is excellent, having the chance to see, maybe even meet, someone of such high status from the monster world will intrigue many of them. I will make certain that everything is prepared so that it will be a fantastic evening." Edgar had a very happy face when he spoke of the students and the educational experience this could be for them. 

• Love 1

Pacifica looks around the table, trying to spot anything like a tea set or something similar, the eye movements likely being seen by Edgar. It doesn't go on too long as she gets herself ready to respond once he is done speaking,"One thing is reading about and getting taught stuff and a different matter is experiencing them for real. That is why it was the goal from the start that both humans and monsters could and should attend Ironclaw. I am pleased to hear we agree on the approach. What do you have planned for the entertainment?", she goes on, crossing her legs.

• Woohoo 1

Edgar noticed the queen looking around his desk, catching that she must be used to some treatment when she visits someone. He made a show of checking a clock. "Oh, it's already that late in the morning. Would you and your attendants like any refreshments? I could make us some tea or coffee. I'm sorry I hadn't offered earlier." He did have the equipment to make either drink in his office, but he kept them in a drawer across the room when not in use. "Or if you would like something stronger, I do have a bottle or two of wine that I could open."

While Pacifica is not too fond of pointing such things out, she had hoped it was a subtle way and hopefully didn't embarass Edgar in any way. She keeps her relaxed position as he speaks, scanning his face to see if she can determine his reaction or current state of emotion. She would hate to cause anything bad for the dear vice headmaster, especially when he is accepting her visiting suddenly and unannounced, well mostly unannounced. She gives him a soft, warm and reassuring smile, just in case."Either would be lovely mr. Terrigenarum. We appreciate your kind and welcoming gesture, no matter when it is given to us. Take the time you need for either option. While you are busy, would you care to give a brief summary of how you feel the semester is turning out thus far?", she replies.

• Like 1

"Well thank you." He rose to walk over to the table with the drawers that held his supplies. "Oh, and to answer your question, we haven't quite planned any entertainment yet. I reached out to some of the alumni of the school, but sadly they are already booked for the city's festivities. I meant to put a bulletin up for the students on the flyers, but they got printed up before I was able to go back and add it. Hopefully someone will reach out to me. We do have some very talented students here." He pulled out the electric kettle that he had for making tea. It was late enough in the day that he didn't think coffee would be a good idea for him. When he heard her question about the semester, there was a little pause as he thought. "I would say this semester is starting off very well. There have been a couple things to be taken care of, faculty changes and student discipline, but they weren't too severe. We do have some very lively children with us this year. I expect it will be quite eventful." He let out a chuckle with the last statement as he noticed the water had boiled. He quickly put his hand to the wall and pulled it back with a stone tray and four thin delicate teacups on it. He prepared the tea and pulled out a small container of sugar packets and cream cups, then went to each person and served them before seating himself. 

• Like 1

Once more, the Queen of Monsters sits patiently and listen intentively, not interrupting his long speech so he may finish his thoughts fully before she will chime in with her own comments on the matters."So you need some entertainment for it still? Surely, there are bands available in town? Isn't there a music club here? I have also heard about some concept called...a..uhmmm..a DI-JAY? Am I saying that right? Regarding the semester, it sounds like a decent time to be a student. I hope there haven't been anything seriously bad among the incidents".

He listened to her thoughts and questions, replying after she was finished. He took a brief sip of his tea before speaking. "There are, and I have some people out asking, but I haven't gotten any agreements to do it yet. I would check myself, but I am unable to leave campus grounds. And we haven't had a very active music club this year, sadly. That would have been where I went to first." Hearing her try to say DJ, Edgar had to make himself not giggle or laugh at her trying to say it. "I have thought about a DJ as well. There is actually a couple of students that I was going to extend the offer to if nobody outside of the school accepted the offer." He took another sip of his tea then shook his head. "Oh no, nothing serious. Just some small pranks, that's all. Just children being children. That's all."

• Like 1

Once tea is available, she pours herself some in case that Edgar does not. Then grasping the fine china tea cup and lifts it to her lips to drink gently from it whilst the turn to converse lies upon the vice headmaster. They each politely and with proper manners give the other plenty of time and opportunity to fully finish what they have to say. So once she senses he is done, she continues."Stupendous. Grand, even. I shall look forward to seeing the results...though I must remind you that while many of them are very young, they are still of legal age. But in terms of experience and wisdom, the term of children is suitable. I honestly think it's kind of healthy to pull harmless pranks...helps them get it more out of the system", she says and laughs.

• Like 1

Edgar drank his tea as she spoke, listening intently. When she spoke as though she were questioning his word choice when he said children, he thought to himself, As long as they are attending this academy, they are my children and I shall protect them as such. He spoke aloud when she finished saying her thoughts. "Oh we completely agree. It's not good to let one's nature be held back for long periods at a time. We usually let the harmless ones slip by with no discipline. It is only the ones that cause excessive damage to the building or grounds or could cause harm to another person that we will crack down on. I am glad to hear that you are pleased." He gave her a pleasant smile before taking another sip of his tea.

• Like 1

Pacifica drinks her nice and slow, without any sounds at all, just enjoying it peacefully. She nods softly, showing approval and agreement from what is being said."Then it is as it should be. Are there anyone or anything you would say have really stuck out as remarkable so far? Something or someone you may consider worthy of praise?", she asks, getting curious about the other end of the spectrum. She is pretty much done with what she came for, but she may as well try and at least get this other topic answered as well.

Edgar was a little taken aback by her next question, having not expected it. He thought for a moment and gave a small smile. "Oh yes, we have had some very pleapleasant experiences this semester so far as well. I'm especially curious at how one of our students, a Ms. Karnis, will do this year. A very talented monster she is, but very shy. I'm hoping this year she might be able to come out of her shell a little and show everyone else the potential I see in her." As he spoke of Karnis, a relaxed smile went over his face. Then he thought of another person that he has been finding remarkable lately. When Mary entered his mind, he felt that joyful feeling that happened when she was on his mind, causing a few of those small white sweet smelling flowers to grow among the daffodils. "Our head of security, Ms. Blackwater has also been quite responsive and observant this semester, helping to keep any of those pranks from being anything but harmless."

• Like 1

Pacifica gives a satified look and smile, listening on as Edgar goes into the more praise worthy examples around the academy. The last sips of the cup is made, leaving it empty before being placed once more. She ponders what to say for a moment or two before coming up with is hopefully a decent response."Talented, you say? What sort of talent did she display to you? Regarding miss Blackwater, I have only heard praise about her security skills. Unfortunately, we still have plenty of humans who thinks the worst of us...not helped when one of us begin to dabble in crime and such awful behaviour".

• Like 1

Once Edgar finishes his own tea, he just places the cup onto the floor and causes the cup to sink back into the stone. "Karnis seems to have the ability to call darkness around her, which she seems to have a tendency to hide herself in when she's feeling shy. But when she is feeling comfortable and confident, she was able to make a very large room look like a starry night through control and allowing light to appear in certain places. There's potential in her for even more, we just need to nurture that ability and help her feel more confident in herself." The white flowers were still around as Mary was being mentioned. "That is very true. My hopes are that the parade in the city and the dance here will help remind people that coexistence is very possible and happening. Might help show both groups what we all are striving to achieve."

• Love 1

Once more the Queen nods along as he describes ability of Karnis, who possess a rather handy power it seems - at least for more artistic and defensive purposes. While it is certainly also the aim of the school to nurture such talents, she does hope that extends into other and more academic areas as well, but if she had to worry about every student, she would be grey haired in no time for sure."That does sound very pretty and creative, I will give her that. Hopefully other students will bloom as well - perhaps you could try and find others who could some more personal help and guidance?", she suggests and uncrosses her legs, her trying to make it a subtle sign for her about to get up soon.

• Thanks 1

He smiled at her and did indeed notice her subtlety, standing himself. "Oh yes indeed. It is my aim to be of assistance for every student we have here. I will make sure to keep a more observant eye out. Thank you. Now, I'm sure you have plenty of other business you need to take care of. I thank you for visiting, and I can't wait to see you at the dance. Oh, and you all can just leave your cups on the floor. I shall take care of them." He gave the queen a bow again. As soon as they did as he said, he raised a hand and lowered it, making the cups meld back with the stone.

• Like 1

"We can only do so much in lectures and such, but it is more the personal connection and such, that really helps most students I think. I am sure you will do a good job on it. Some students do need a bit more help with things", she says and rises from her seat while her guards do the same and do as told with the tea cups. She extents her hand towards Edgar and flashes a nice smile on her face."Indeed. I really need to be going, but it was a pleasure to catch up and converse with you mr. Terrigenarum and I hope you will send my regard to miss Parnacel as well".

Edgar shook the out reached hand and nodded. "Yes indeed. It was very lovely having you here. I will definitely let the headmistress know. Please travel safe. I shall see you at the dance." He walked them out of the office and gently closed closed door behind them. Once he was sure they were gone, he sat back down into his chair and let out another sigh. Now I definitely need to make certain the dance is prepared.

[Scene end]

• Woohoo 1

[[ New scene: Lucy Skye x Edgar Terrigenarum @Thatannoyinggod ]]

Lucy adjusted the almost-snow-white collar of her shirt, pushed her glasses slightly further onto her petite nose, correcting the position of her upper-most eye to better fit behind the repositioned lenses, then shortened her hair to a more appropriate length (she wasn’t sure whether there were any regulations about that in the school’s statute, but she didn’t want to take chances). She spread the excessive mass across her entire body, in result growing just slightly larger in all possible dimensions. Finally, she leaned backwards a bit, giving a cocky smile to the reflection of her face in the well-polished handle to the vice-headmaster’s office, quite satisfied with the look she achieved.

She straightened back up, at the last second stopping herself from too eagerly pressing onto the handle of the door as she suddenly remembered one more thing. A faint sight escaped her lips while she raised her other hand, putting some strength into two firm knocks on the door wing (knocking lightly more often than not resulted in a sloppy and rather stifled noise), only then turning the handle and confidently letting herself into the room.

• Like 2

After the Queen of Monsters had left, Edgar had about 15 minutes to himself before he heard another knock on his door. Another? My I am quite busy today. He had just enough time to stand up to prepare to go to the door when it opened up to show a slime girl @Icarian Dreams in the school's uniform. She looked familiar to him...but he quite couldn't place her name. He stood a little straighter than normal, using his more authoritarian voice. "Hello. How may I help you?" The plant life around him had lost the daffodils and small white flowers from earlier, leaving just the multi-colored wild flowers that are his normal. He motioned with his hand for her to take a seat at in front of his desk, a seat that suddenly rose from the ground as he did the hand motion.

• Like 2

„Good morning, Headmaster Terrigenarum-“ she responded politely to the man, despite nearly breaking her tongue at the complex surname. Nevertheless, she beamed widely at him, seemingly not bothered at all by the difficulty she had addressing him, nor the more commanding note that resounded in his voice.

Seeing him take a moment to try and remember her, she quickly aided his memory: “Lucy Skye, second grade- I hope I’m not interrupting,” she swiftly got past the introductions, nodding slightly towards the headmaster, before finally stepping further into the room, eyeing the surrounding vegetation as she approached the newly-conjured seating. It wasn’t often that she’s seen the headmaster, aside from just passing him in the hallways every now and then (and maybe once or twice in detention, though Lucy counted that he wouldn’t remember these occurrences), but the floral motive had always attracted her attention. It was almost like a calling card of his, which – Lucy had to admit – was pretty damn cool. It got her to think that maybe she should think of something like that for herself.

She smiled towards the headmaster in gratitude for the chair, and sat down, bringing her hands together in front of her chest as she quickly thought up on how to address what exactly she had in mind. “So, Sir,” she started, this time wisely choosing to skip his complicated last name. “I’ve noticed the posters about an upcoming dance hanging around the academy, and I thought-“ she parted her hands, helping to accentuate her words, and ever so slightly puffed her chest forward. “-that maybe I could offer to help! I have some background with music, audio design in general – I could lend a hand!”

• Like 1
  • Woohoo 1

He let out a little chuckle as she said his surname. He knew everyone had issues saying it, but he did get a little enjoyment seeing them struggle around it.

When she introduced herself, he let out a bit of a smile. Oh good, a student. Nothing stressful. His demeanor seemed to relax more, his voice lightening to his normal way of talking. He remembered the girl, mostly because she was always grouped with a human and a very troublesome dragon. "Ah yes, Lucy. I'm sorry, you can just call me Edgar. I apologize for the cold greeting, this morning was just a little stressful, and I was worried you might be someone else. How can I help you." He relaxed back down into his chair, the wildflowers still sprouting around him..

He sat with his hands crossed on his desk as he listened to her explain her reason for visiting him. When she said that she was wanting to help with the music, he beamed at her. "Well that makes me very happy to hear. We actually haven't found anyone to run the music just yet, so this is great that you have offered. What kind of music were you thinking would fit this event? I will admit that we will probably have some visitors joining us, so keep that in mind." His gaze was completely focused on her, the wildflowers reacting to his excitement as they seemed to grow more and bloom happily. "I am glad to see the initiative coming from you. Good job."

• Like 1
  • Love 1