Dining hall.

While she did not register the intended result from the moment before, she finds him charming and well mannered enough to look past it, at least this once. She allows him to reach out for her hand and then smile softly once more at the sight and sensation of his lips on her gloved hand. She did not expect him to ask her to do this blood sucking again. She didn't really feel like he gained much, if anything, from that experience. She did decide to tell him about the potential addiction, but it seems more fitting if this second one actually becomes relevant in the future."I will give it some thought and let you know when I have decided on that. Though you did not appear to take much joy in the event. So why offer it  again?", she asks, unsure what exactly he gained from it or if he is just humoring her.

1 hour ago, JennyDK said:

While she did not register the intended result from the moment before, she finds him charming and well mannered enough to look past it, at least this once. She allows him to reach out for her hand and then smile softly once more at the sight and sensation of his lips on her gloved hand. She did not expect him to ask her to do this blood sucking again. She didn't really feel like he gained much, if anything, from that experience. She did decide to tell him about the potential addiction, but it seems more fitting if this second one actually becomes relevant in the future."I will give it some thought and let you know when I have decided on that. Though you did not appear to take much joy in the event. So why offer it  again?", she asks, unsure what exactly he gained from it or if he is just humoring her.

He thinks for a moment before actually answering her, still smiling at her dearly. "Perhaps that is because it was my first experience. I felt a unique sense of pleasure inside me, as you mentioned I would. Truth be told, I quite liked it, madame Bella. I hope that isn't unusual for me to say, me being a lowly human." He says, looking into her gaze and placing his hands back into his coat's pockets. "Besides. I'm offering again because I'm a gentleman, and as I said before, I wouldn't keep a lady like yourself starving at a restaurant." He says, not giving off a joker's aura at all, in fact. After that, he realizes something and takes a look at the grandfather clock that resides in the dining room. "It appears that I have something to take care of elsewhere. It was much pleasure to talk to you, madame Bella. Au revoir, ma chère." He takes a step back, so he has more space, raising an arm and performing a bow in front of her as he put his arm over his stomach. The air gets colder and windy again as he suddenly starts to disappear particle by particle, from head to toe. The windy air moves Bella's skirt that she was presumably wearing, but not so much as to reveal anything at all. It probably happened that way because while he was invisible, he moved past her.

Just like that, the very strange human known as Raúl is gone, for now.

• Like 1

Edgard had sat in his office after his talk with Scarlett, thinking on what Scarlett thought of his potential feelings for Mary Blackwater @JennyDK and the idea of barbecue being a good idea for dinner. Maybe the dinner will give me a chance to see if what I do feel for her is...romance. She did mention that my offer could have been an attempt to "woo" her. Was that what I was trying to do? He decided to check the staffing schedules, seeing if Mary would be available tonight. He smiled as he saw on the screen that tonight was the night that she didn't have the overnight shift. 

He made the call to the alumnus that owned the barbecue restaurant, placing an order for that night. Thankfully, this one remembered Edgar well and was sympathetic on his plight of not being able to leave campus. After they agreed on an order and price, he ended the call. Then Edgar sent Mary a text, having her number on file. 

Hello Mary. It is Edgar Terrigenarum. If you have the time after your shift tonight, would you please join me in the Dining Hall.

When it came close to time, he used his earth travel to appear in the dining hall, watching the minotaur personally delivering the food and two tapped kegs of his best beer. Edgar looked at the large sampler, filled with various side dishes, meets, and especially ribs. Scarlett specifically mentioned those so he made certain to have them. He paid the ex-student, giving a more than generous tip for the unusual speed and delivery distance. Then, Edgar waited for his dinner date to arrive.

• Like 1

Mary has had shift just barely end before her cell phone of much older date beeps, indicating a message coming her way. Luckily, she is free to read it right away and cannot help but lightly shake her head with a small and silly smile on her lips. She gets to typing back, though her messages are always super short, in case anyone has experience with such.'Hello Edgar. Sure, I don't mind. Was just about to head home, so you were lucky you caught me'.

She takes a shower before doing anything else, at least wanting to look presentable, even if she is not one to use dresses and such feminine clothing. Once done, she steps out of the locker room shower and gets dressed once more.

After a bit of time, she enters the dining hall, wanting to see what is up, but having a hard guess that this was the dinner offer he suggested last they spoke.

As she is usually pretty private outside of work, he has yet to see her in more formal attire. Even in this outfit, she still has a firearm with her.

large.97d6a40fdf9292b521482d6cfca6f14f.j

• Love 1

He watched her come in, dressed in a much more casual attire this night. He felt his stony heart skip a beat at the sight of her, the image of her that ran through his mind all day paling compared to how she looked when she came walking to him. He cracked a small joyful smile when he saw that she was still armed. The flowers that had grown earlier in the day when he was thinking of her began to grow once more, giving the space a comforting floral scent that somehow seemed to mix well with the smells of the food and spices that waited for them on the table. 

He walked up to her, trying to get to the chair before she did. "Thank you for joining me. I promised you dinner, and I hope you enjoy it. I tried to think of something that would be relaxing for you after a day's work." He pulled her chair out for her, a nice happy and relaxed smile on his face that reached all of the way up to his green eyes. Once she was seated, he reached to the ground and shaped her a sizeable tankard that was shaped to fit perfectly in her hand. Before he took his seat, he added in, "You look wonderful by the way, I'm so used to your work outfits, but this looks very nice on you too." 

• Like 1

Needless to say, Mary is very far from used to arrangements like these and the "classiest" dates she gets on occasion being the occasional movie going, at a bar and things like that. Still, she can appreciate the more thought out invitation, though she may not necessarily see this as a date. Truth be told, she is rather dense on areas like this, though Edgar might not be aware of this, at least for now.

She walks inside the mostly empty dining hall and is led to an empty seat, with Edgar guiding her to one. She gives a soft nod and smile at the vice headmaster as she sits down."Ohhh, thank yah kindly mr. Edgar. Ah do 'preciate not having tah cook stuff and get a chance to have someone cater for me. At least...outside of take out food, which might be like half of mah usual dinners anyway, haha!", she says and laughs lightly. getting fully seated and then studying the tankard as it shows up.

The next thing uttered takes her very much by surprise, but does result in a slightly bigger smile and very faint colour of red on her cheeks, not by any means used to anyone speaking of her appearance, other than "scary gun lady". She fidgets with the tankard, almost dropping it from the shock of the compliment."Ohh...uhhmmm..t..t.hank yah...uhhmmm...it's nice of yah to say Mr. Edgar...yeah, ah suppose ah don't mingle much with the rest of ya'll after work. Ah'm usually just really beat...that probably explains the many take out dinner, haha!", she says, laughing a bit to shake off the awkwardness she feels.

He sat and looked over to her with a smile, his eyes never leaving her. "Thats understandable. You do a lot of hard work here, and I greatly appreciate it. If you ever tire of the take out food, let me know. I'm always happy to have someone to eat with, and I will make sure you get something new and relaxing every time." He noticed her being a little fidgety, wondering if she was feeling okay...or if it was the same kind of fidgets he was going through earlier today. The small redness on her face made him smile more. "And I understand the issues  with sometimes mingling with the other staff. It's quite hard for me, being bound here... But! I have found other means to relax here and enjoy my time. If you would like to join me sometime, you're more than welcome to. I greatly enjoy turning the assembly hall into a movie theater for myself every now and then."

He crafted a more simple mug for himself and gingerly took hers from her and poured them both full amounts of the beer. He set hers in front of her and his by his plate before serving up several ribs and a couple sides on her plate. He decided to try the beef brisket and a couple ribs, putting them on his plate with some sides as well.

Mary feels a bit uneasy with the large and intense of attention and the longer she is stared at, the more she seems to fidget around, herself very unsure if she should tell him or not. For now, she just tried to deal with it. She tries her best to smile, but it comes off as very awkward to him. She is usually pretty talkative, but not so much at the moment it seems."Uhhhm...su..sure...that's...uhmm..nice of yah...", she says, her usual spunk and such not really present as she talks. Her blush has kind of vanished and she has a hard time really returning the look. She tries her best to not be rude, but she feels an odd pressure about this whole thing and a slight tinge of anxiety resides within her."Ahhh..yess..of course....uhhmmm...I understand what you mean...maybe..I..I am not sure..it seems a bit..uhmm...sudden..and all". She tries to focus more on the meal and drink before, hoping it might calm her nerves.

He noticed Mary's fidgeting getting worse and her usual attitude seemed to be absent from her at that time. "Well, the offer stands if you would like to sometime." He began to think he might have been a bit too forward, so he decided to back off a little, hoping the food was good enough to bring the mood back up. Unknowing to him, the flowers around them began to not be as aromatic as they were before.

He focused in on the food and drink, just as she did. The food was wonderful. He was actually quite surprised. He hadn't eaten this kind of food before, and it worked quite well with the beer. He took a bite of the ribs, a smear of the barbecue sauce getting on his chin.

Edited by Thatannoyinggod

With the absence of talking, constant staring and such, Mary is more able to relax and her more direct and blunt demeanour seems to return. After having a few mouthfulls, she makes sure she can speak without making rude eating noises."Look, Edgar. Ah understand you are happy an' eager to make this a great time. It is just that yah are a bit...overwhelming me here. Ah'm not at all used to...whatever this is...the thing happening here. Ah really appreciate it...please don't misunderstand that. Just...allow me some time tah breathe and get used to it...okay? I am not really sure...how ah feel about this, at least not yet. Ah would love us both to have a nice evening...ah hope ah haven't said anything rude to yah?", she finally comments and drinking some more beer.

He listened to what she said, learning that he was right. This was the second time that he spoke a bit too much on something and made the person he was talking to uncomfortable.  Need to watch that. Just calm down and stick to the conversation topics. Glad that she became more comfortable enough to tell him, he nodded and finished his bite of food, not wanting to talk with his mouth full. "No, no. You haven't said anything rude at all. I've noticed that I tend to... get over excited at certain times, and I don't necessarily notice it at first. Thank you for letting me know. I would like this evening to be nice as well." He gave her a quick small smile before he took a drink from his mug. "Do you like the food?" 

Mary is not exactly a person who knows a lot about social etiquette or have the sharpes skills in terms of interaction, but she does know when she is feeling uncomfortable. Thankfully, the green haired vide headmaster seems to get it once she lets him know directly. So while she is not very socially adapt, she is most often very direct and blunt, making it easy to know her stance and attitude towards most things."That's allright Edgar...it is just something we need to be aware of some more. Yah didn't do anything bad. It's okay to git excited and all and it is sorta flatterin' yah would get like that aroun' someone as plain and boring as mahself, yah know? Ah have no fancy degrees, ah don't read any books...nothing but knowing how to put lead into stuff and putting troublemakers in their place...even if ah do immensely enjoy that, haha! Perhaps ah should take yah to the shooting range some day", she says, sounding many times more at ease. She takes a few more bites before replying."While it aint like home at ma and pa, this is still a very nice barbeque...good an' spicy, nice an' greasy! Like grandpop used to say...aint no BBQ if yah don't make a huge mess everywhere!", she swallows the last of her beer.

He listened to her as he finished up what was on his plate. "I don't think you're plain or boring at all. In fact, I find you quite fascinating and enjoyable." The comment slipped from his mouth before he could think about it. He felt a slight warmth on his cheeks, hoping she would attribute it to the beer. The comment about taking him to the shooting range warmed his heart, but also caused a wince of pain within him as well. He was beginning to wonder if there was a way to modify his bonds to the school, a loophole or such that would allow him a little more freedom. "I think that would be fun. I've never fired a firearm before, so I would enjoy your instruction."

Her comment about her family and her grandfather's thoughts on barbecue made him laugh a little, a very bright and cheerful noise. He noticed that they indeed made a bit of a mess on their plates. "Well, your grandpop was definitely right on that, haha. I do hope none of the kitchen staff see this and chase us out over it. Do you ever go to visit them, your family? It sounds like you enjoy them." Family was something that always fascinated Edgar, him being born from the earth and not really having a family. The closeness and care that he had observed within families might have been why he grew to see the residents and students of the school as his children; him emulating the want to keep safe and nurture them like he had seen fathers exude.

Mary finishes her plate rather fast, even without making the biggest mess possible and Edgar gets to see her fill it up fast and big once more, indicating what an appetite she possesses within her otherwise normal sized body."Ohhhh, that pleases me tah hear, but....ah really don't what know what others might find special 'bout meh", she comments, blushing softly herself, not sure what he might see in her, but still happy that he does, in any case. Of course, it's first AFTER she realizes his inability to go outside the borders of the grounds and she laughs a bit awkwardly out openly."Ah shit! Ah forgot Edgar. Sorry 'bout that....ah could probably set something up here, like an improvised range we could use. Ah'm glad yah are not immediately appalled by the idea of shooting a gun. They are only dangerous in the hands of stupid people and evildoers. Just like monsters can do well as well as....not so well", she comments, hoping this might help it be an activity they could do.

She joins in on the soft laughter being made, feeling many times more at ease when the conversation is more casual, yet friendly, mixed with complimentary occassionally."If they give yah any shit for what is only normal for a BBQ, ah will come and chew them out after putting mah boot up their asses. As for mah family...they can be a handful and all, so they are good company for a day or two. It all depends what we's up to! Ah'm sure yah would like mah grandpop - he has the best stories and always a hoot!", she utters gleefully, though she thinks how odd it must be to not have a family."Tell me, Edgar...do yah have anything yah consider family?", she asks curiously.

In the meantime, she still manages to converse while also chowing down energetically.

Edited by JennyDK
  • Love 1

At her comment of saying that she didn't know what others might find special about her, he stopped himself from going into the things he thought of her, remembering her discomfort and the experience he had with the student Karnis. He decided to go with a more simple response. "You may not see the things special about yourself, but I'm certain others do. I do."

He chuckled and gave her a happy smile when she tried to correct the statement of taking him out to the range. "Its no problem at all Mary. No need to apologize. I still would like to try it out. Setting up an improvised range here on campus shouldn't be too difficult and is a good idea. I'm sure we can find a nice open space in the athletic fields or maybe even set something up in the arena." He thought on what she said about the use of the guns and her analogy towards monsters. "You're not wrong about that. But that's why instruction is important. Just as I will need your instruction with guns."

Her question about him and anyone he considered as family stunned him for a brief second. He wasn't expecting it. His face took on a thoughtful and somber expression before he answered. "Well... as I have never actually had a family, I don't fully know what feelings or thoughts bring about the idea of family. I like to think of the students and staff as some sort of family. I wish to be there to make sure they are safe and are nurtured properly to grow, which from my observations is what a family does. But I don't necessarily think its a reciprocated thought. Headmaster Parnacel and I seem to have more of a professional relationship versus a familial feeling, though some small squabbles we have had do seem to mimick what i have seen siblings have."

He poured himself another mug of beer, looking to her empty tankard. He held his hand out for it. "More?"

• Like 1

She doesn't really comment on it, but simply does give a small smile as a reponse.

Mary is pretty thankful for coming up with a fast and hopefully nice and easy solution to what might otherwise be impossible to do. She is happy that Edgar was not bothered by the comparison and even seem to understand it, especially with how firearms are usually viewed."Yes, that sounds pretty useful and simple. Ah reckon the arena might be properly equipped and suited for this type o' thing. Instructions, responsibility and such are indeed the best way to make sure no one is getting hurt. Ah'm sure yah will find the experience....interesting  and all", she says determined and lightly pumped.

She waits for him to fully finish before adding her own comments on the matter. Of course, born into a very large southern family is many times different than his experiences and life, so she can only guess how it must be like for him. Still, he seems have something he considers his family."Even if it aint mutal, if it gives yah the same feelin', that's fine too. Ah actually think Veronica sees it differently that what yah say. Perhaps yah could maybe hold a staff party sometime?", she suggests, partially from wanting one as well.

"Ohhh, of course. Ah'm like a bottomless pit when it comes to not paying or preparing food and drink. How do yah like it? It aint exactly what we get here most o' the time. The headmaster seems to always insisting on the more "fine" dining experience", she says and sighs, clearly prefering more "normal" cuisine.

He smiled at her liking the idea of using the arena. It definitely would be the best place for them to do it. "I can't wait for it." He gave her a smile as he spoke.

"Oh? What makes you say that?" He was definitely curious about Mary's thoughts on Veronica's opinions on the matter. The staff party idea intrigued him. "A staff party eh? That could be fun. Would give some of the new additions to meet the old. I like it! I can see what can be done about that soon. Good idea, Mary."

He smiled and took her mug and filled it back up. "Its very good. Definitely different from what is served here, but it does give one a nice...homey feeling. Very relaxed and comforting. I like it a lot." He returned her cup and went back toback plate, loading up some more food and drinking his own mug.

Mary nods, pleased to hear that both of her suggestions seems to fall nicely with the vice headmaster and hopefully it can help some of the monsters socialize a bit better and thus learn even more about human culture, customs, social rules and so on - at least if there are a fair amount of humans present. If not, it gives her a better chance to get it from the other perspective. When asked about Veronica, which is understandable, she swallows the moutful of potatoe salad and fried chicken in her mouth."Ah do have mah moments, ah reckon. Ah don't rightly so have any direct ways of letting yah know, but it's just an intuition telling me so...ah don't know how else to tell yah, Edgar. Perhaps it might show more during the proposed party", she says, only vaguely remembering her interactions with Veronica that might suggest this.

She nods once more as Edgar seems to at least understand the basic sensation meant to derive from this."That is certainly the case tah be made here. Ah can't find many places that makes proper barbeque 'round this whole dang town and usually it's out'n the skirts and all, so ah'll hafta go quite a ways tah get it. So ah'm actually quite thankful for yah surprise. Thank yah very much, Edgar", she says to thank him, being the first ever direct personal compliment that is not work related or even the first at all, he has gotten from her.

"Ah, that makes sense. Well, we shall see." He understood what she meant. The headmaster seemed to have her own plans or thoughts that she didn't normally share with him. The party just might give a good chance to get some insight on her...and the rest of the staff. He took a bite of the pulled pork, loving the dry rub that they had used on it. He was going to have to remember the student he ordered from, this might become one of his favorite foods he had sent to him...or it might have been because of the enjoyable company and time he was having.

When Mary gave him the compliment and thanks, the vice headmaster smiled happily to himself and a blush grew on his face. "You are very welcome, Mary. I'm really enjoying this. If you would like, I can send you the name of the restaurant later, in case you want it again. Its run by one of our alumni." Internally, he was very excited. The night might have started off rocky, but it was turning out to be a very good night. The flowers around them began to fully bloom, their white petals spreading into a beautiful pattern, the hidden inside of them a rich red color. He caught a brief hint of the smell of rose, causing him to take a quick glance to the side of him. Somehow, amongst the flowers that seemed to signify Mary, a single white rose began to grow beside him, outside of Mary's immediate view.

• Like 1

Truth be told, she doesn't know much truth there is to what she claimed, but still this seems like the best and most efficient way to help socialization and such between staff members and provide more moments like this, where they are more buddies and the like, rather than colleagues. She is unsure of how well Edgar thinks this might go, but at least it could give a nice evening for everyone if nothing else.

She finishes the last food on her plate, having downed three plates full of ribs, sausages, pork chops and such kind of food, along with being on her 4th beer by now. While she is not drunk, she is still lightly affected by it. She does then notice and acknowledge the redness on his face. The beers does help make it easier to make her aware of it as it bypasses her normal "rationalization" and other such ways to push such emotions aside. While still unsure how she should react or even think, she does smile back and have a light red tint of her own in her cheeks."Ohhh, nice. That would be very appreciated. I will hafta tell them yah mentioned their place then", she says, not really certain what else to add to that and still wanting to not let the conversation die.

Of course, she notices the much more spreading plants and especially flowers and such, which is a much easier way to interpret and be aware of Edgar's state of mind. The smell is growing much sweeter and nice and even a tomboy like Mary seems to enjoy it."Edgar...ah need to ask this: did yah intend this to be a......a date? Ah'm really not sure and ah want to be certain. Ah really do appreciate...how this evening has turned out, but ah want to be sure what expectations yah had for it...", she asks rather bluntly.

Edited by JennyDK

Normally her bluntness was a blessing to Edgar, allowing him to better understand what was on her mind. This time though, it was very unexpected. His mind paused for a moment before he could answer. His demeanor changed to the same fidgety and nervous way it was when he had spoken to Scarlett about Mary. "Well... when I had made you the offer originally, it was just a nice offer for your help. A...and as time had passed, I couldn't stop thinking on how to make sure you would like it." He took a small sip of his beer, trying to help calm his nerves. Normally he wouldn't be so flustered, but there was just something about Mary that seemed to make him act just a little different. He could feel the alcohol affecting him a little, enough to take the edge off of his nervousness. "I couldn't get you out of my mind all day. So I asked for some advice to make sure that I could surprise you with something that you would like. I hoped this dinner might help me figure it out. So... I guess in all of my ramblings... the answer is not intentionally, but it does seem that way. And no expectations, other than just a nice meal and conversation with you." His green eyes met hers, a small grin on his lips.

• Love 1

OOC: Is it a misrtake or on purpose that some text is a darker green than the other? Not that I am at all bothered. I just want to know if it's intentional or not. I can easily overlook it as a mistake as well.

Once more, she gives him plenty of time to think about an answer and to fully reply back to her, especially given the very direct question being asked and its quite intimate nature. Gradually, as he starts explaining things to Mary and openly share what he had thought of this whole thing and why, her own redness grows much larger and redder. She almost gulps down half of her tankard as she tries to deal with the very clear impression of what seems like an infatuation at least. She has never had to deal with someone being "into" her, at least in this manner. Still, it couldn't hurt to see if there might be more to come later, right? She sets down her mug and looks away, quite shyly, to speak her mind as well."Ah'm....very flattered and not sure how ah ended up being on yah mind that much. Ah don't know...what there is here...like between yah and me...and ah'm okay with finding out...over time at least. All ah'm saying really: Ah need to have some time to think it over and try to see what ah want and if this works for me", she replies, hoping she was not giving the impression that she is dismissing him or his infatuation.

• Love 1

OOC: It wasn't intentional. Must have hit the wrong green at times. Thats all.

He drank the rest of his mug as he listened to what she said. The little shy look away she did before she talked was very adorable to Edgar. This was a side he definitely hadn't seen in her before, a side most anyone here probably hadn't seen before, and he was thought it was cute. When she said that she would be okay with exploring the notion of him and her after she took some time to think on it, he smiled. There was some hope in those words, not a denial, but a possibility. "I completely understand. Think on it as much as you need. *chuckle* I'll be here whenever you decide." The alcohol made him very relaxed, allowing him to make the joke referring to him not being able to leave campus. He had a happy, content look on his face. He finally set the mug aside, deciding that he had enough to drink tonight.

Mary feels more at ease from telling the vice headmaster what has been going on within her. She has no idea how this might go, but at least this was a nice and fun evening, save the first awkwardness and even if nothing romantic should come of it, at least they may at least get both some practice and of course some hopefully nice and fun moments together. Finally done with her 4th plate of food, she completely full and done and even lets out a small burp, but tries to cover it, knowing this is probably not the right time and place for being this formal."Ah want to thank yah for a really nice evening and ah'm glad ah said yes and ah guess ah indirectly already invited yah for the next one, huh? Hahaha!", she utters and laughs, finishign the final beer of the dinner.

He chuckled as she let out the burp and tried to cover it up. He hadn't eat as much as she did, but he did get very full after cleaning his second full plate. "I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was very happy when you said yes to it. And yes, it seems you have haha. I can't wait for when it will happen." He began to clean up a little, before he looked at the fact that they still had some food left. "Would you like to take any of this home? Might cover one of those take out nights you said earlier."