OOC talk for Monster Academy.

9 hours ago, jp500 said:

Would a pixie or fairy be acceptable? Something like a 16 to 30 cm tall, dragonfly wings? I'm thinking of some sort of water magic ability, but haven't worked the specifics out yet.

Hello there and warmly welcome to our lovely, fun and creative club and community. 😄

Why yes, of course. That would be just fine and nice. I will be happy to help you out with your character(s) and answer any questions you may have! ❤️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Godot said:

Hey y'all, just popping in to say that I'll be gone for a holiday for about ten days. I'll still try to reply to all the scenes I've got going on, but I'll definitely be slower. Don't have too much fun without me!

No worries there. I just hope you will have a nice time while on holiday! 😄

Don't do more than your time and opportunity will allow here and focus more on your days off! ❤️

----------------------------------------

In other "news":

We have finally reached 100 members in Monster Academy club! An awesome milestone I must say and it pleases me to see how far we have come and I hope things will improve even more from now on as well.

To those of you who have yet to do this (it is not required, of course), I implore you to hit "Follow" on this topic, as this is where annoucements and news will show up.

• Love 1

Due to the lack of use of certain staff members, I am considering revising the list of these from start to finish and those whom I deem pretty much "inactive" I will heavily consider taking off the list and let someone new replace.

If any of you have staff member positions, feel free to let me know if you wish to keep them.
Not playing favourites by any means, I will merely mass tag all who has teachers so they may confirm if they wish to keep their roles:
@Icarian Dreams @Multiversal @Thatannoyinggod @Neptune @Godot @Busterbugs @Starcry @BenHawkinsLivesHere

With that said: I merely wish to hear a confirmation on whether or not any of you are interested in using your characters overall. Not necessarily here and now.

My aim is to have the staff consist of members who wants to use their spots. If not, let me know.

• Like 1
  • Woohoo 1

6 minutes ago, Godot said:

I don't have a teacher, I have a janitor! I'll still keep him if that's alright with you, I feel like a lot of people still might be interested in a buff bull. 👀 wink wink nudge nudge

I never said it was about teachers, but staff in general. Any part of the staff is prone to the same need of having a member want to use them as characters.

Good to hear you wish to keep him :3

The librarian spot will open up, for instance.

5 minutes ago, Starcry said:

If any one drops any of the subjects I'll see what I can change him to. :3

You are by no means forced to switch to another subject if you wish to keep things as they are.

However, I am very much considering opening up the positions held by @Multiversal since they have not been around forever and have given no response ever since.

19 minutes ago, jp500 said:

I've got a bio setup for isi as a first year student. Is there a good spot to start her at? 

https://ecchidreams.com/community/topic/3292-students/?do=findComment&comment=81535

I always offer new members a simple start scene, so of course that goes for you as well.

Feel free to let me know if any of my characters would interest you the most 🙂

1 hour ago, JennyDK said:

I always offer new members a simple start scene, so of course that goes for you as well.

Feel free to let me know if any of my characters would interest you the most 🙂

Wow, nice! I'm working through some ideas. Thoughts?

• Mary Blackwater, Head of Security - isi starts some mischief with the head of security; freezing her coffee? tying her boots together and watching her trip? Gets caught of course, tries to fly away, maybe a chase scene, maybe the head of security is just too good and isi is grounded and gets a lecture, demerit, or whatever is appropriate.
  • Bridget LuBelle, Monster society teacher - isi interrupts a fire experiment using her air or water magic. Nothing serious, other than getting on the teacher's bad side, and the teacher goes ballistic on isi. Fireballs ensue? 
  • LuBelle sisters, 3rd year students - get isi involved in some shenanigan, probably as an initiation into the academy; they either set her up, or invite her to team up with them, or both.

6 hours ago, jp500 said:

Wow, nice! I'm working through some ideas. Thoughts?

• Mary Blackwater, Head of Security - isi starts some mischief with the head of security; freezing her coffee? tying her boots together and watching her trip? Gets caught of course, tries to fly away, maybe a chase scene, maybe the head of security is just too good and isi is grounded and gets a lecture, demerit, or whatever is appropriate.
  • Bridget LuBelle, Monster society teacher - isi interrupts a fire experiment using her air or water magic. Nothing serious, other than getting on the teacher's bad side, and the teacher goes ballistic on isi. Fireballs ensue? 
  • LuBelle sisters, 3rd year students - get isi involved in some shenanigan, probably as an initiation into the academy; they either set her up, or invite her to team up with them, or both.

All three of those work fine and well for me, though I am not entirely sure what you mean by "set her up" in the last example. Can you elaborate a bit on that?

Any of those three you personally prefer?

4 hours ago, JennyDK said:

... though I am not entirely sure what you mean by "set her up" in the last example. Can you elaborate a bit on that?

Any of those three you personally prefer?

If the three sisters are tricksters themselves, and are 3rd year students, I was thinking that they might choose some 1st year student and play a trick on them (hazing ritual).  Isi might think that she's getting some good luck by meeting others that like to play tricks, only to find out that the trick was on her. It would flow something like Isi meets the sisters -> the sisters propose a trick to play on someone else -> the trick is really on Isi -> Isi falls for the trick -> something happens.

I like Mary and the sisters the best. I think Mary is easier as it's a "play trick, get caught" scene while the sisters adds more elements and may take more work. The teacher works too, but flowing into the scene adds questions - i.e., if Isi is new to the school, then how does she get to watch the experiment? What is her motivation to try and disrupt it?.  

To those of you who have yet to either see it yourself or have missed the news in the "Club announcements" topic: There is now a fully new location at school for the purpose of summoning familiar.

Of course, this doesn't mean you cannot get them in other ways, such as alchemy or literally finding them out in the world.

I hope some of you might find this fun and interesting! 😄

• Love 1