Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
SMFoxy

Pokémon Sun and Moon

SMFoxy

Which version are people thinking about getting?
And disregarding the use of Pokémon Bank and trades to get all three, which starter are you planning to choose? (Rowlet, Litten, Popplio)
Those of you who have watched the reveal trailer have probably also seen (what appears to be) the new Legendary/Mascot Pokémon, so which of those are your favourites?

I personally like Litten (Fire types for the win), and the Sun Mascot. But I do like Rowlet too.

For those who haven't seen it, I provide links/videos below, sourced from the Pokémon YouTube channel.

Starters Trailer:

Legendaries Trailer:

Edited by SMFoxy
  • Like 1

Neptune

I'm thinking of getting Moon. I like that legendary mascot xD So I'm almost the complete opposite.

I say almost, because with the starters I think I am in the same boat as you. Litten, or Rowlet. But I think that I will wait until the entire evolution line has been revealed before I make a choice. I mean, for all we know, Popplio's might be the most bad-ass pokémon ever designed. 

Ryuu007

the Fire type starter is also good in both appearance and stats and such, so I would choose Sun over Moon but you're right. Moon is still pretty sweet.

SMFoxy
On 6/1/2016 at 0:51 AM, Neptune said:

Popplio's might be the most bad-ass pokémon ever designed. 

A lot of the water starters are a little derp, and they usually evolve into Epics.
So I kind of know what you mean. lol

-EDIT-

I've added a new trailer to the opening post showing off the new Legendaries. Enjoy.

Edited by SMFoxy

Neptune

That new trailer has only made me like the Moon mascot even more. It looks fucking kick-ass.

Whoreo

I am very excited about this personally, I'm looking forward to Pokémon Moon too. and I'm thankful that it's not "localised" by Nintendo's Treehouse (of social justice horrors)!

Temaelrin

After playing the Demo today (Which is available from the Nintendo EShop) for free, I've decided that no; I will not be getting this game, at least not until the price point significantly drops (£30-£40 is way too much for this). As I elluded to as a status post on here; it's just cringeworthy and embarrassing to watch, and its absolutely dick shriveling to play especially with all these dance moves. It seems with every passing generation the 'Teams' (Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Galactic, Plasma, Flare) get more and more ridiculous to the point where we are introduced to a Team Skull grunt which has a copy and pasted twin bother.  This is what did it for me. These idiots started I don't fucking know... Have some kind of seizure? 

cce.gif
Which comes across as...
fellowkids.jpg

I mean come on... That's so 2002. Speaking of so 2002; those locked camera angles when you're moving around a city. I'd of liked to have seen some kind of way of moving/panning the point of view. 

I did like the camera thing where you take pictures of Pokémon, to a degree, but why do these Pokémon always attack? It seems like another pointless gimmick that could have been so much better.  Ah well... Maybe the Demo sucked hard, and the actual game will be much better. But considering they usually put the best bits in these things I shant hold my breath.

If anyone else here on EcchiDreams gets it when it comes out, I will look forward to reading any reviews on it, I highly encourage you to try the demo and draw your own conclusions, these are just my opinions. But I will say I've found this Generation's Vanillish and Klefki's (and it's evolutionary lines)

palossand.png
I mean... Fucking seriously?

I get that they're trying to do something different and that's awesome, but this is in my opinion a bad different. I'll probably be proven wrong and it'll be the best seller or something, but I dunno I don't think it's likely.

• Like 2

Neptune

After playing the demo I am hesitant as well. I am hoping that the demo was a poor representation of the full game. The worst part was the Team Skull, and I have to admit that it is so bad, that it kind of overshadows anything good about the demo. I might replay the demo; see if I can actually look past it. 

It was colourful; I'll give them that. And I kinda liked Nurse Joy's outfit. I also liked how when you looked at another trainer it gives a shadow to the top and bottom of the screen. It makes me feel as if I am glaring at the trainer xD

Also; wtf? The fuck is this shit? 

6 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

palossand.png
I mean... Fucking seriously?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a Dreamer in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• ArdillaVerde93
      By ArdillaVerde93
      I mentioned in a status update that I've been a fan of Pokémon since I was 4. As such, I have been a fan for 20 years of its currently 21-year existance in the US. People say it's just a cartoon for little kids. You know what else is? My Little Pony. And look where that franchise is today. Tom And Jerry, Scooby Doo, and SpongeBob SquarePants are "just" cartoons. That doesn't mean they aren't popular. Pokémon has had a massive impact on my life. It taught me to read. My war veteran grandfather and I played together, and even traded Pokémon! I cried at Bye Bye Butterfree, and I still do. I cried for a half hour straight after Pokémon Ranger And The Temple Of The Sea. When my cousin moved back from Michigan, the first thing we talked about was Pokémon. When my dad caught me smuggling something, it wasn't drugs. It was a copy of Pokémon Silver from his house. So, obviously, I wasn't about to miss the 20th anniversary movie.
      Only 2 theatres in my hometown of Sarasota, Florida, were showing it. Hollywood 20 and AMC. I chose the AMC, as a ticket was cheaper there. 2 of my 3 younger brothers accompanied me. One 17, the other 7. There was not at all any question that we would enjoy it. The 17-year-old ordered a large slushie, and the 7-year-old had a kid's meal. I ordered a cheeseburger slider combo meal. That, unfortunately, was a bad decision. It had to be cooked, and I missed the first 2 minutes. The 17-year-old assured me that all I missed was essentially Nidorino vs. Gengar, a la the Red and Blue intro. What I did see was nothing short of phenomenal, and those 2 minutes are no longer too big of a deal. About 10 minutes in, the opening credits start, accompanied by a heart-pounding rendition of the original Pokémon theme, which I lip-synced as fervently as if I was singing it at a rock concert.
      I had assumed that the movie would be a retelling of the Indigo League arc of the Pokémon anime. It was, but only partially. You all know the story by now. A 10-year-old begins a journey through the Kanto region with a Pikachu. But SO much more happens! Brock and Misty are nowhere to be seen until the end credits. But Ash has 2 friends from Sinnoh who follow him. One of them happens to be the daughter of Cynthia, the Sinnoh League champion. All 3 have aspirations. Ash, of course, wants to be a Pokémon master. The girl wants her mother's acceptance. And the boy wants to become a Pokémon professor. The girl has a Piplup, and the boy has a Lucario.
      So, the 3 go on a journey, as would be expected. But Ash is in possession of a Rainbow Wing. Basically, a feather from Ho-Oh. In the first episode, Ash saw Ho-Oh. The movie is basically about him chasing Ho-Oh, as well as friends and experience. He meets an abandoned Charmander, soon seen to belong to an absolute dick who kicks it when it tries to hug him. This is based on an episode, and becomes a big plot point. Ash wants to show him there are no worthless Pokémon. Along the way, Ash is followed by Marshadow, who eventually becomes the main antagonist. Ash breaks free from Marshadow's corruption, leaving Marshadow to look elsewhere for a host. Unfortunately, in the climax, Marshadow gets ahold of the Rainbow Wing, and gains massive power from it. I won't spoil the climax beyond that. It has to be seen to be believed. I spent the last half of the movie not just crying, but sobbing. Pretty much from their re-creation of Bye Bye Butterfree to the end. My 7-year-old brother repeatedly told me "it's okay."
      Do I recommend this movie? Fuck. Yes. Do you love Pokémon? You'll be on the edge of your seat throughout the thrilling, theatre-shaking battles. Do you hate Pokémon? Then watch it, to see what you're missing. It's not just a cartoon. It's a heart-wrenching masterpiece that it should be criminal to miss.
    • Sunstone
    • Sunstone
      By Sunstone
    • ArdillaVerde93
      By ArdillaVerde93
      *This is a story posted at the request of Neptune. Kai appears courtesy of SMFoxy. This is set to the song "To The Sky," by Owl City. To clear up confusion, the lyrics are for the parts after them.*

It was nearly a year to the day since Shaymin's trainer's tragic death. With Goodra left in charge of the house, Kai and Shaymin were invited to stay. Kai had chosen the guest bedroom, while Shaymin had insisted on the shed in the garden. For the first month, Shaymin was inconsolable. But, with Kai's help, she had mostly gotten over her depression. What's more, Kai had helped her regain her Sky Forme. This day was bittersweet for Shaymin. She barely spoke as she tottered into the dining room to eat from a bowl of kibble left out for her. As much as her trainer thought she deserved the best, she honestly liked the processed pet food.

[Shipwrecked in a sea of faces.
      There's a dreamy world up there.
      Dear friends in higher places,
      carry me away from here.]

She looked around and saw that the other residents had their gazes fixed on her. She loved them, considering them all to be great friends. But this was the last thing she wanted to see now. She sighed and went back to eating.

[Travel light; let the Sun eclipse you
      'cause your flight is about to leave,
      and there's more to this brave adventure
      than you'd ever believe!]

No later had the last morsel disappeared down Shaymin's throat, than she felt a paw on her quill-covered back. She looked up to see Kai, who said only 2 words to her. "It's time." Shaymin's response was similarly terse. "Do I have to?"

[Bird's-eye view!
      Awake the stars, 'cause they're all around you.
      Wide eyes will always brighten the blue.]

After breakfast, everybody, Shaymin included, stepped outside to the front porch. Again, all eyes were on the petite Legendary. She wanted to curl up into a ball and disappear. Run back to the shed. Anything but what she was about to do. Kai's paw was placed on her again, making her jump. There was no turning back. She had to go.

[Chase your dreams,
      and remember me, sweet bravery,
      'cause, after all,
      those wings will take you up so high.]

"O-Okay," she stuttered. "I'm ready." Kai pulled his paw away, and Shaymin turned to face everyone. 7 in all. And all with smiling faces. Again, not something Shaymin wanted to see in this situation. She gave them a sad nod.

[So bid the forest floor goodbye,
      as you race the wind and
      take to the sky!]

Shaymin began to glow. This transformation was still a bit of a strain to her, and she whimpered as her body shifted and contorted. Once the light faded, she no longer resembled a hedgehog. Now, she could almost be mistaken for an albino reindeer.

[You take to the sky!]

Reluctantly, and with a final, deeply genuine "thank you" to everybody, she leapt up with her hindpaws, her feathered ears catching the breeze and suspending her in the cool morning air. Tears fell down her face, cutting damp paths through her stark white fur.

[On the heels of war and wonder,
      there's a stormy world up there.
      You can't whisper above the thunder,
      but you can fly anywhere.]

The tears didn't stop, and Shaymin didn't dare speak. She looked straight up. Her instincts told her a storm was brewing. She knew she could only remain in Sky Forme for as long as the weather was clear. But, with her speed, she was confident she could at least reach the Ruins Of Alph before she would be forced to land. "You can do it!" Kai called out, as if sensing her trepidation.

[Purple burst of paper birds;
      this picture paints a thousand words!
      So take a breath of myth and mystery,
      and don't look back!]

Kai was right. Shaymin could certainly make the flight to Sinnoh; that wasn't in question. What was, though, was whether Shaymin wanted to fly away. If she dared show her face to the others, they would see she wanted to stay on the ground. The warm, dew covered ground. But, if she hesitated, she'd miss her chance for sure. She shook her head violently, as if trying to dislodge her own hesitation. Finally, she shot high up into the sky.

[Bird's-eye view!

She could hear her temporary family cheering for her, and, looking down, she could see the whole of the garden that Bellossom kept in such beautiful shape. She took a deep breath, smelling the familiar scent of forthcoming rainfall.

[Chase your dreams,
      'cause, after all,
      those wings will take you up so high.]

Shaymin sped forward, the air whipping against her wing-ears. Soon, she was just a speck to the 7 onlookers that continued cheering. Suddenly, though, she turned around, and lowered her altitude. Skillfully, she flew just over the garden, plucking a single pink flower wth her mouth before departing again. "Sorry, Bellossom!~"

[So bid the forest floor goodbye
      as you race the wind and
      take to the sky!]

She was actually slightly glad, at least in that moment, that she was flying alone. If the others could see where she was going, they'd almost surely try and stop her. The buildings of Goldenrod City glinted below her in the morning sun. Admittedly, it was a beautiful sight. She had every intention of going to Sinnoh, but later. There was something far more important she had to take care of first. She landed in the middle of a cemetary.

[There's a realm above the trees
      where the lost are finally found.
      So touch your feathers to the breeze
      and leave the ground.]

The gravestone she was looking for - that of her trainer, of course - wasn't far from where she landed. Shaymin hung her head, and released the flower, which fell in front of the gravestone. "I'm sorry. It's time for me to go."

[Birds-eye view!

Shaymin's voice was choked with tears. "I-I... I didn't want this. I love you, with all my heart! Why did it have... t-to end like this?!" Almost contemptuously, she kicked at the ground.

[Chase your dreams,
      'cause, after all,
      those wings will take you up so high!]

Not trusting herself to keep from bursting into hysterical tears, Shaymin rose into the air again, just as lightning tore through it. She gasped, knowing what would happen next. She dropped like a stone, hitting the ground with a thud, now back in her Land Forme.

[So bid the forest floor goodbye
      as you race the wind,
      and take to the sky!]

For once, Shaymin wasn't worried by the storm. She got back up to her paws, smiling. She used to be able to fly in storms, but even Kai's training couldn't return that ability to her. She looked up at the suddenly darkened sky. "Thank you."

[You take to the sky!
      You take to the sky!]

Shaymin didn't have a choice; she had to stay. She nuzzled the gravestone. "Don't worry; I'm not leaving quite yet." In the midst of everything, she let out a giggle. "It's ironic. You hated storms, but a storm is keeping us together!" Sinnoh would still be there when the storm broke. At that moment, Shaymin was right where she needed to be.