This the beginning of a story of our protagonist, Luck and a lore to his story to people who are curious about his appearance and change behavior. =)

Summary:

A club is created to hunt the paranormal and the unknown of the world, each member having their own judgment tested by the masses and higher-up. They must confront the truth behind the rise of abnormality in their city and face the monster inside each of them to harness true salvation without their way stain by lies or illusions.

[Chapter 1]

Protagonist Descend

August 21

Sunday

Evening

I watch the city below illuminating brightly from the darkness of the night as the airplane slowly descends toward my destination. I felt the airplane making a safe landing toward the earth and I could hear the captain announcing our departure from this place.

"We arrive in New York City, please exit carefully and don't forget any belonging you may be forgotten. Thank you for flying with us and have a nice day."

I smile at my arrival at this place and I quickly set afoot toward my exit as I became excited about my new future here. I manage to arrive at the main lobby with some help from peoples and attendants giving me handful guidance.

Now then, I was told my mother that I will meet a certain someone here, but who can they be?

I began to ponder on this strange acquaintance of father and began to focus too much as I felt a tap on my left shoulder without me noticing their presences. I turn around to see a strange young girl getting my attention. She has very long light-brown hair that reaches back halfway and two green eyes looking at me. Her clothing consist of a dark, long sleeves, collar shirt with a red tie and a gray skirt. Also, I notice her black knee high socks and black shoes. She began to think for a second as she examines me from top to bottom with curious eyes.

"Based on your clothing alone, I am assuming you are Luck Arclight, correct?" She asks.

I smile at my name called out from her lips and I slash the air in front of me as my clothing dance in the wind.

"Yes! I am Luck Arclight, the protagonist! It is a surprise to see my name already reaching this far." I announced, fearless.

I notice the young maiden sigh at my bold introduction and a few constantly gazing at me from some strangers passing by. I became curious at their stare but I need to focus on the girl for now.

"Yup, you are definitely the kid. No wonder they didn't tell me your description, you stand out like a sore thumb." She mumbles.

"Description?..." I mumble, thinking. "Wait! Don't tell me!" I spoke, shock.

The girl smiles at my surprise and raises her right hand toward me as I look at her dumbfounded by the shocking result.

"The name is Amy Smith, I am going to be your caretaker for one year so please don't cause any more problem," Amy spoke.

"I see…" I spoke, adjusting my glasses. "It is nice to meet you," I reply.

"Good respond, I hope you can stay safe and out of trouble. Anyways, let's head out and show you where you are going to stay."Amy explain.

I nod at her explanation and she took my response as she turns around toward the exit of the airport with me following after her. We arrive in her car and drive toward my room where I can rest for today. I gaze outside through the window to see any building, people, and many new things I couldn't find back home.

This is just hitting me, I never realized the new environment I am currently in and how far I am from home, but! I am the protagonist! I will do just fine here.

After a couple of minutes passing green light and turning around some corner, we arrive at a peculiar crossroads with many building advertising many products around this strange place. Amy caught my curious wandering as she glances at me for a second.

"This is your first time in New York, isn't it?" Amy ask.

"Yeah, it is very different from the place I came from," I reply.

"Well, this is the Time Square and this is where I pass the time with the job I establish," Amy explained.

"Job you establish?" I ask, curious.

Amy suddenly parks at a nearby building somewhat close to the time square she mentioned. I look up the sign to see Midnight written and I became curious about what job she has. I look at her to notice she is already at the door and I immediately follow after her.

"Wait! You can't just leave..huh?"

I spoke to her but I took a close look at her home to find myself inside a small bar. I could see tables filled with chairs and a counter where people could drink the night away. I enter the bar looking around to organize my thoughts about this place. I could see many beverages neatly stack on the shelf behind the counter and I notice another thing besides the beverage, a kitchen. I became angry at this place dark intention and I began to tap my right feet as I cross my arm.

"What's this!? I hope you are not working here! I can smell evil vibe from this and I must speak to your boss about it." I exclaim.

Amy smile at my anger as she confidently steps behind the counter and began to serve something behind my back. I wait for a couple of second before Amy brought me a glass of something dark with foam inside the glass.

"You must be exhausted from the fly, why don't you drink this to cool you down," Amy spoke.

I stare at the drink with disbelief and Amy sigh as she speaks once more.

"It isn't what you think, it is just soda." Amy sigh.

"Oh," I spoke.

I took a seat behind the counter as I grab the cup and took a gulp of the drink. I could taste the root beer soda flavor hitting my taste buds and I let quick exhale after the drink.

"Thank for the drink, but this isn't going to distract me from my previous question," I spoke, seriously.

Amy look at me as she thinks about my question and slowly raise her hand toward herself which made me confuse.

"Huh? Why are you pointing yourself?" I ask.

"Don't you get it? I am the boss around here, Midnight is my place and the place I work at since I don't have any workers as of yet." Amy explain.

"What!?" I spoke, shock.

Amy smile. "Are you surprise? You shouldn't be, after all, I need money to pay for my college and all. In the end, most students would do the same thing." Amy spoke, calmly.

"Yeah, but! Working in a bar isn't what most students do!" I reply.

I pause for a second after I realize that Amy isn't your regular ordinary girl from some college and perhaps she could become the main character like I envision her to be.

"In any case, let me show you to your room," Amy spoke.

I see Amy leaving the counter to approach the stair leading to the floor above us and I follow her lead. We approach a door at the end of the stair and she pulls out a key from her pocket. It made me curious is to why she keeps this door lock. Amy open the door to reveal a room filled with boxes and I could faintly see a bed, desk, windows, and a couch with a table nearby. I scratch my head at the cramped room standing before me and how can I possibly sleep and do my stuff with this boxes.

"Right, I forgot to move this boxes from this room. I felt like I forgotten something and this was it." Amy mumble, thinking.

"What are those boxes?" I ask.

"They contain beverages for the costumes and I usually put them in the fridge but I had a lot of extra than I expect. So, I move them here so it wouldn't bother the customers downstairs." Amy explain.

I notice the word Fragile written in the boxes so I know her story is genuine and she could be trusted, despite her having a very sketchy job.

"Anyhow, I apologize to say this but could you sleep in this room for now. I don't have the time to move this boxes since it is night after all." Amy spoke.

"By yourself? I prefer to do it myself." I reply.

Amy chuckle. "There's nothing to worry, I can call for help to move those boxes. For the meantime, you need to sleep for tomorrow and I need to drive you there for now." Amy said.

"Oh, then I will do just that," I spoke.

Amy nod. "Good and don't worry, by the time you come back from school, I will remove this boxes from your room." Amy smile.

Amy left the room through the stair with a smile on her face and I focus my attention on my new room. I became happy in my new room despite the boxes getting in the way for now. I suddenly recall something as I sigh and rub my head.

"it was a meteor, and besides, a kid like yourself should stay away from the government's business and listen to our judgment. After all, our judgment is what is keeping this great place safe and secure for our citizens."

I became sadden at remembering something from back then and I manage to pass through the boxes to rest in my bed. I lay down as I release a sigh and I could hear a clock ticking near me. I began to feel angry at their judgment since they hide something from me and more importantly, the citizens.

Judgment, huh?

I felt my eyelids getting heavy and I need the rest for today from that long trip. I close my eyes to finally rest and soon I fell into deep sleep. I felt weird as my body float and I felt at peace somehow. I immediately open my eyes to see the blue sky above me and I slowly get up to notice nothing but grass within my vision. I could feel the cold breeze pushing the grass beneath me and I became confused at this dream of mine.

"Oh, a visitor?"

My body twitches at the sudden voice and I turn around to see a man approaching me. The man wore a black turtleneck shirt and black pants with a belt. I immediately notice his strange butterfly mask and I felt a strong connection to this person but I haven't seen this person.

"There no need to worry, my name is Philemon. It seems death and judgment will be in your future." Philemon spoke.

[Chapter 1 End]

Archived