Side Encounter: Rin/Ren x Mimun

Rin's eyes widened once more, unblinking while Mimun's locked upon them. She felt herself drawn into the man's orbs. In fact her entire body leaned just a little closer! This of course gave the much larger man a view once more down the poor girl's robes, but at least she didn't even realize this yet. And of course the Djinn could rest assure that Ren was listening in as well.

"Really?" the little fox whispered softly, as if she were just let in on a big secret. Then again she partially was. She had no idea. It was even possible that Ren was in the same boat. By denying each other they were both prisoners?

"W-well, um, I'm not really interested in power" Rin admitted, one hand drawn up now to rub against the side of her head. "I guess she is though. I just want to live a happy life. And it'd be nice to help others if I can too, you know? S-so I guess I'd maybe agree to such a thing if it meant everyone got what they wanted!"

She nodded once, finally finding the opportunity to smile just a bit. Although the conversation at hand did beg the question: "Uh. If it isn't imposing, may I ask what it is you'd like? I mean I understand you'd like freedom, but I mean what would you want after that? I apologize though if t-that is over-reaching! I'm just curious is all."

Mimun tilted his wrist to simply hold an open hand up from his knee, a sign that Rin was free to stop what she was saying. "Say no more, it is wise to ask a Jinn as many questions as you can think of," he reassured Rin once again. Despite that instinctual response of his, Mimun found it difficult to immediately answer her question. When he tried to remember why he was left in his lamp all that came up was a profound sense of betrayal and trickery. Although Mimun remained physically calm, his breathing steady and posture firm, the crown of fire grew from his pain. It was still silent, like his rage in that moment, but its luminescence was intense an all consuming. Mimun spoke like he had suddenly become numb.

"I don't know. . ." he finally answered. ". . .I don't care either." Mimun finished, bringing his intense eyes away from Rin's. He hated being reminded of those feelings. They were a pain to dismiss. "Maybe I'll go to the moon and become a dairy farmer, I don't know. Anything beats being a prisoner." Was he being bratty?!

Mimun had crossed his arms over his sinewy chest and stuck his nose up at the question. The Jinn had figured that there was a very good reason for keeping him locked away in such an advanced prison and he had reasoned that he would likely find out why that was, simply by being free again but, Mimun did not have the luxury of looking that far ahead. At least, not in this moment. While the Jinn was completely unaware of his royal lineage or his claim to an ancient and desolate throne, Mimun could not shake the feeling that something had been ripped away from him as it permeated his every day existince.

Edited by Matty
i forgot the bold text!DX
  • Love 1

He didn't know? She supposed it wasn't that uncommon for people. Besides, right now he was focused on his freedom. That was a pretty important thing to strive for! Although the idea that he might go up to the Moon was pretty interesting. With enough magic it was maybe possible. What would that even be like?

The little fox had at least relaxed somewhat by now. Hands idly smoothed out the fabric covering her lap. "Maybe you could live with me? I mean, if you'd like to. N-not that I'm saying you'd have to or anything like that! But we have plenty of room. We're well off. And everyone deserves a good home."

Her tails started to relax now, sweeping around and into her lap. Fingers gently worked over the fluffy white fur, smoothing it out. He was trying to help them out. Perhaps it was for partially selfish reasons, but then was freedom something to consider selfish? She didn't think so. Right now she just felt like she wanted to help him out! And of course help Ren, especially if it meant that she'd warm up to her family.

Of course Rin's offer also had other implications. Living together with a princess? One might have seen that as a proposal of a more intimate sort! Unfortunately that had gone right over her head.

• Love 1

Live with her? The fire slowly fell back to Mimun's shoulders, its ardent light returning to the previous halo that had adorned his crown. For the Jinn, offering someone a place in your home was a token of faith and good trust, especially so for a stranger. It was one of the kindest generosities someone could offer an other an it showed an incredible sympathy that Mimun rarely had the luck of encountering. The weight of it all pulled Mimun to floor in front of Rin, tears welling up in his eyes as hid his face from her. Even if he was to decline, Mimun would be remiss to not show great appreciation for Rin's words.

"Thank-you so very much Rin! You are a truly a brave and kind soul!" Mimun professed against the cold stone. "The title of Princess is illfitted for someone that is so obviously a Queen!" Mimun paused, trying to collect himself. "But. . ."

Now that the wave of emotion had passed over him he was left with the cold realization that it was impossible for him to speak on behalf of his distant self. He was made of Fire & Air, flippant an often unreachable while most creatures like Rin, were made from Earth & Water. He could not speak of himself like they could an even without that their very natures were separated by their cardinal directions. But. . .there was always a caveat. Mimun looked up from the floor to Rin with teary eyes, his browe creased by his grave expression.

"Make a deal with me Rin."

Edited by Matty
  • Love 1

Her head tilted slightly. The fires seemed to have died down. And then Mimun went and broke down in front of her! Did she do something wrong?! She hadn't meant to hurt him! A concerned expression flashed across her face. But when he started to speak she calmed down. She even scooted forth a little further on her knees, reaching a hand up to gently pat the closest part she could reach! There there.

"Q-queen?"

She didn't really think herself Queen material. Sure, she was nice, but she wasn't as strong or as confident as someone like Ren! And honestly the whole concept of ruling over others just didn't appeal to her. She'd much rather make friends and live a happy, comfortable life!

"A deal?"

What deal should she even make? But it seemed to be his request. "Uh. Okay. Um. If you help me and Ren become one and resolve our differences then I will help with freeing you from your prison and providing you with a good home! I mean, um, if you want!"

• Love 1

Wow Rin was bad with contracts. Maybe Mimun had rushed a bit in calling her a Queen but still, he could work this out. Mimun was reluctant to pull himself up from the distant pressure of Rin's hand on his shoulder but still, he did so. He drew in a sharp breath, exhaled hot hair and rid himself of his tears. Mimun wouldn't admit it but he was too embarrassed to physically clean himself of such shameful tears. Though the streaks of salt were left stained on Mimun's cheeks.

"It needs some tweaking."

An orb of light flashed inbetween the two and with a loud -pop!- a scroll with Rin's exact words appeared in its place. If Ren was watching she would have a hard time discerning the nature of that magic outside of its end result; it materialized something. Perhaps it was some sort of Sorcery?

"I will be making a deal with Ren after this to secure her freedom but I am also making a deal with you to secure your freedom as well. See," Minum continued as the scroll floated over next to him. He had also procured himself a pointing stick to note the different errors in Rin's proposed contract. A pointing stick?! "Ren may not agree to "becoming one" so you will need to settle for "physically achieving our freedom". Oh and right here," Mimun moved the pointer. "See you say that you will ensure that I am  provided a home post-hence my release but before you said it would be with you. You ought'a change that so it stays true to your previous offer."

Edited by Matty
typos galor!
  • Love 1

"Tweaking?"

Suddenly a contract was pulled up before her! When each error was pointed out the little fox quickly nodded her head. She really wasn't very good at these things. In fact she was just trying to help out everyone! "Physically achieving freedom. O-okay. That sounds good" she remarked softly. He was correct too about her offer!

"O-oh! Sorry! You're right! Um, yes! I really did mean it when I said you could be with me. We have plenty of room and I think maybe you'd like it!"

• Like 1

A faint sizzle came from the scroll as Rin's words were etched into the magical parchment. As sparks danced off the page the pointing stick in Mimun's hand slithered and twisted, distorting its shape until it had taken the form of a curved ceremonial dagger. Its blade was engraved with images of a mythos long past and a large ruby adorned its golden embroidered hilt. He figured Rin would be reluctant to harm herself with the thing so Mimun extended a large hand for her to place hers in and nodded for her to do so.

"Blood is a tether an a beacon as it transcends many realms. To sign with it is to imprint an oath onto the Universe itself. Knowing that this will shackle you to your words, do you Rin, consent?"

Edited by Matty
  • Love 1

As words were sizzled onto the page Rin's eyes widened with awe. She knew a little magic, although not too much. Nor was she very powerful in those arts. But even so it was always amazing to her. Even simple things like this!

When the knife appeared she jumped just a little bit. She started to shake slightly when she realized just what it was for. Still, she trusted him. This was very much evident when she reached out her hand, gently settling it within the man's mighty palm. Then she clenched her eyes tightly shut, nodding her head meekly.

"I d-do!"

"It is done!" Mimun declared.

The dagger that he pricked Rin with was an extension of his will an as such it did not sting or bite at Rin's senses when it struck her flesh. The only evidence of it ever happening was a pen prick or blood that had bubbled at the tip of her pointer finger. Mimun had brought the blood to the page from his knife and from that sacred essence the page burned into itself the full name of its original vessel.

The scroll rolled up into itself with furious vigour before it exploded into a grand display of ardent energy. Its ashes an embers collected themselves into a circular rune that surrounded the two pact makers and what was once ardent began to flicker into a deep violet. The circle settled and suddenly, rays of raw mana shot up around the two! Isolated now from the outside world, Rin & Mimun were suddenly bathed by their own words. Rin & Mimun's conversation from their contract repeated around the two until Mimun's final declaration, "It is done!", echoed and collapsed the circle with an abrupt huff.

"Now, if you would not mind, I must do the same with Ren."

Edited by Matty
hhhhhhhhh
  • Love 1

It was done? Really? One eye peeked open. Then came the other as she inspected her hand. That didn't hurt at all! Her smile instantly returned, tails both fluttering contently behind her! However she did bring it to her lips, sucking softly against the wound.

Suddenly the scroll rolled itself and exploded! A soft yelp left the girl as she jumped in place, eyes widening in awe. As mana shot up around them she was stuck in place, enraptured by the majestic light show! And when all had finished up her little hands clapped quickly together! It had been quite impressive!

"O-oh. Um. . ."

One hand moved up, rubbing against the back of her head. Her gaze was cast towards the floor. "I dunno how to put her back into control. U-usually she just takes over? Um. Like, when I'm distressed. O-or asleep. Uh. I dunno. It seems kind of random."

"Oh! Okay, got'chya."

Interesting. It seemed though that those were the same conditions the other vessels Mimun had faced were stuck with when out of sync with their partners. Mimun nodded and then-. . .

-FWAM!-

One of Mimun's mighty hands swung wide and smacked Rin across the back of her head. While he was sure to use an open palm, so as to not give Rin a concussion, the force was enough turn her into a bobble-head and send her flying, bouncing Rin's limp body off of a wall.

"Oo-. . ." Mimun winced, bringing a knuckle up and biting it as Rin crumpled onto the ground. ". . .really gotta work on that."

Edited by Matty
  • Love 1

Poor little Rin. She was not at all expecting the slap to the face. Mimun had been so nice to her, and she so nice to him! As a result it was entirely unexpected. She didn't even have time to be surprised before her little body was flung across the room, slamming into the wall. It slumped to the ground, completely limp.

For about a minute.

With a poof of thick white smoke Ren emerged, sitting up onto her knees. Hands moved to smooth out her elaborate robes while tails curled around her body, settling within her lap. "What an interesting turn that took. I was expecting a show."

• Love 1

It hadn't crossed Mimun's flippant mind the sort of mood this Ren put him into. But immediately at the sight of her, Mimun's face contorted into a fierce snarl. Fire consumed and leapt from his eyes as his hair roared to life, spiraling around him like the frame of a vengeful portrait. In a flash he had shot from one end of the room to the other, crouched and looming over Ren. When he spoke embers spat from his mouth and fell to the floor but their separation from him did not make them any weaker. They danced and screamed all the same as the fire from Mimun's crown.

"You-! You fucking wench! How dare you!" Mimun struck his hand against Ren's throat, squeezing it tightly as he began to lift her from her knees. He brought her to his eyes, inches away from his grimmace so Ren could feel the intensity of his heat as the flames from his eyes & mouth danced around their faces.

"You're lucky I need you or I'd scatter you to the cosmos!" Mimun spat. "What do you have against her, huh?! Why do you hate Rin?!" Mimun's fingers pressed tighter around Ren's throat as his anger began to get the best of him. "Do you fear her strength?! Do you resent her ability to show fear where you cannot!?" Mimun pushed her back up against the wall, still holding her by the throat as the  torrent of fire around him screeched a sound he could not do himself. It spoke for him when he could not. Mimun's eyes narrowed, stabbing deep into Ren's heart, his voice cold and harsh now. The sound of Ren's skin bending under Mimun's grip sounded like leather stretching.

"Or are you just another one of the many worthless pigs that fears what it cannot understand?"

Edited by Matty
I am the king of typos istg
  • Love 1

The Djinn was admittedly quite quick. Even Ren was caught off guard when he appeared in front of her. Eyes winced, a snarl held across her lips as she was lifted from the floor. Clawed hands moved up, gripping against the aggressive creature's hold. He dare attack her?! After everything she'd done for him?!? And then he started to insult her to boot!

Fingers were already shifting around while the Djinn continued speaking. Even as he choked the breath from her throat Ren was working on a spell. The fire had little effect on the sorceress, however the powerful grip was not something to underestimate. At least for now anyways.

Suddenly her body evaporated into a cloud of smoke, sweeping around the Djinn only to reform behind him. However her body started to grow, the room around them plunged into darkness. Eyes opened wide, glowing red. Even the mark upon her forehead lit up with energy!

"You dare to threaten me? After all I've offered to you? You know not of what I've been through! You know nothing about her! About her family! You incorrectly assume that I require your power when, in fact, I came here as a measure of good will. If you dare to test my power you will find that I am not to be trifled with!"

• Love 1

"Fuck you!"

Mimun shouted as he spun on a heel to face the witch. He then spat a ball of molten lava to the floor in front of Ren and quickly ate away at it, falling deep into the damp earth with audible hisses and pops. "You jumpy, ignorant roach! You don't know the first thing about that seal!" Mimun shot back at Ren with the same accusatioal finger that started all of this. "You'll both die trying to break that thing before you're ever free of it! You don't need my power, I need your power. You, on the other hand, are in dire need of my knowledge!" Had Mimum not been so angry he might have reconsidered Ren in that moment. Alas. . .

From the distance erupted a vast soul. . .a sudden rush of ardent mana flooded into the room! With it the sound of a heavy, reverberating laugh echoing with the rushing stream of mana. For a moment the room looked as though they were both at the bottom of a well or a mountains river. Mimun's light flickered and refracted through the waves of mana, painting the darkness with the refractions of Mimun's soul before suddenly rushing into his body from his hands, feet and head, returning the two to the darkness of that void. It was a minor display of what awaited Ren if she tried to resist. Despite this darkness the halo that shown around Mimun's head never stopped illuminating his form. It was clear he was paying no mind to Ren's own display. While her lack of needing a verbal component to cast a spell was most impressive her talent with their somatic components was to be envied,  if not feared. Mimun should have been impressed.

"And don't be so quick to pat yourself on the back. I brought you here! We are talking because I reached to you. Do not fool yourself Ren, you did nothing!" Mimun hissed as he stepped stepped forward, fire jumping from his feet with every footfall against the darkness. He stopped, just short of Ren and thumbed his heaving chest, eyes flickering with flames. "You forget, being here was already like walking through darkness for me! I saw you then. I still see you now," He then pointed at Ren's chest. "And I will always. See. You." Mimun shrugged and looked away for a moment, laughed at his own thoughts and then brought his glaring eyes back down to Ren.

"Make a deal with me Ren! So we may be free of each other and you of your vessel!" He chortled with open arms. "Submit to the shackles of your words and know true knowledge!"

Edited by Matty
  • Love 1

Mimun was certainly a powerful creature. She didn't need reminding of that fact. But she thought he'd underestimated her power for too long now. Sure, he could see her now. He could always see her. But now she knew who he was. She knew what he was. She knew how powerful he was. She knew why he was here and what he was planning. And, best of all, she knew how to get to him.

A sinister grin stretched across her face, even while their location seemingly shifted. But it did not frighten her. She did not budge, nor did she flinch. All nine tails whipped around excitedly behind her. Bright blue flames erupted from each of her fingertips while nine blue fiery orbs sparked to life, hovering in a circle behind her. Two could play with fire.

"You reached out to me because you needed me. I didn't have to let you meet my lesser side. I didn't have to cooperate. I could have shut you out then and I still can now. Do you think I really care if you see me? If you can keep tabs upon me? We may both be imprisoned, but mine is mobile. Mine allows me to act. And now I know full well that you care about her. I could make her life worse than it already is, if that is what you so desire. Far worse than it is. You know not the lengths I'll go to free myself."

By now she was forced to crouch, having grown much larger than she normally was. Of course she lingered within her humanoid form. The fox one worked better against lesser beings.

"I treat you to hospitality and these threats are your response? I willingly submit to no shackles. You may have bound Rin by her word, but you have done no such thing with me. I think I shall hold onto this vessel for a little longer while you re-examine your position in these matters."

• Love 1

Hot steamed whistled from the Jinn's flaring nostrils, spiraling around their feat and grasping at their bellies. Mimun had been cornered. Just like that. Had. Mimun was forced to watch every second of her peicing it together too, helpless to stop the turning cogs of Ren's mind. All he could do was wince at her observations and threats. Mimun's rage had consumed any shred of rationale he held before but the threat against Rin brought some sense to his madness. If only he wasn't trapped in that damn lamp!

Despite being outmatched and outwitted, his pride & rage knew no bounds when charged with threats. Mimun glared up at the gargantuan fox, eyes glancing at the glowing orbs before back to Ren.  "If you so much as try to do a thing to Rin, if you even dare look in the direction of a Seal Breaker, no matter their foolishness, I will move the oceans to stop you!" He decreed as his body began to turn to flames, his hair and form gradually becoming one.

"Mark these words Ren!" Mimun finished as his flames whisped away with a flash, "I am coming for Rin!"

Edited by Matty
  • Love 1

Piercing red eyes remained locked upon the now smaller Djinn, never blinking and never wavering. Steam was spewed forth in a grand display, but Ren could already tell that he was at his end. It wasn't power that won her the day. No, like most fights she won by being clever and clear-headed. In an actual fight the Djinn was more than a match, even for her, for as long as she remained in this prison. But now she knew his weakness. Better still, she traveled with it.

"I know you are watching. I shall allow you to watch. I hope you watch. But beware of what you wish for. You might not enjoy what you see."

When the Djinn had departed Ren allowed herself to return to her normal state, flames dissipating from around her. If he wished to torture himself with the troubles she had in mind for her lesser half then so be it. She had plenty of creative punishments planned for her. By the end of it all Ren vowed to turn little Rin against the Djinn, perhaps even to blame him for her misfortunes. Or perhaps not! It really depended upon her need for it and her desire to punish the one she'd met today.

A seal breaker? I suppose I should look into that.

Shifting into her mousey form Ren ventured off through the castle. It was time to return to the earlier task at hand!

• Love 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up