GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

Cernan stands outside the door as he had approached the room while the butler was speaking and didn't want to be rude with his belated entrance. After the butler has finished, the monk briskly enter the room, nodding to those already present. "Many apologies for my tardiness."

"You're welcome monk Cernan. It is good to see you in any case. Sit down and join us for a lovely meal. This is quite differemt from mushrooms, frogs and the like. And yes, there was talk about a receiver of shinies. I do not know what a tournament is, but it was mentioned. I will be looking at the books they mentioned though", I reply back and nod at an  empty seat.

14 minutes ago, IsabellaRose said:

Hai Linh nods to Darius and wordlessly eyes him up and down. After a moment of appraising him, she speaks.

"Greetings Red Wizard. I am Hai Linh, here in the stead of my Mistress Kazumi."

She offers no other gesture or words and continues eating her meal.

"I don't wish to bother you, whilst you ear. Just wish to know how the Lady Kazumi is going"

*Darius says and he sounds concerned, Hai Linh was a good judge of character and if Darius was lying or faking his worry he must be a great liar*

@IsabellaRose

"Yes, she is, and remarkable too."

*He says, part of he wonders if it is his fault she isn't here, But knowing  she is well makes him feel better he gives a nod.*

"Please give my rewards to your Mistress."

*And with that he leaves the Ninja woman to eat in peace*

@WritesNaughtyStories

*Lord Blackwood turns to the gladiator sitting next to him to eat and talk. The Red Wizard was older, than Ferax realize but he does get some information from him*

"I was too young too drink when I was still foolish or naive." *Darius says raising a glass of Dwarven beer and chugs a good swing of it before continuing* "I believe you understand when I say that children who dont wise up to the realities of the world dont last long" *Darius had none of the physical scars of his background magic could fix those but his life as an orphan had not been a picnic*

"At what age did you first pick a sword?" *Darius asks intrigued*

@PsychoSexual @agdiv @JennyDK @IsabellaRose @WritesNaughtyStories

Nepthtys did not like the roughness of tradetongue and she had not used it in years. She bid her time and listened what was going on with the group, and when Nishkas intrest in libraries came up she pondered if she should take her into the Sothis Exhibitory or Menetnashte's Orrery in Sothis. It would be an days trip, but would be something to behold. 

She toke the offered seat next to the gladiator Ferox, when he offered it. She knew of the bloodsports, but those hold no intrest of hers, outside the spectacle and possible recruitment places for brave souls. 

When the butler announced the contests, she toke an sip of her drink, sighing into it. Why would they need an change of showing off, unless everything were not at all fine. Compeating against one another only made sense, when you were recruiting the best, but should they not be the best of the best? Still, it might prove an useful sidetrac, to put some of these warriors trough their paces with one of her knights maybe?  She needed to contemplate on that, on pros and cons.

• Like 2

*The butler thought the offer of pride might interest them but it seemed he had miscalculated. Truth was he was just trying to find a way too keep them busy until his Lady recovered. He wonders why such a disparate group that argued so much wasn't keener on releasing steam through combat. Wasn't that what adventurers such as this did?*

*He suppose this is why he was a butler and Lady Gold was the one in charge. The butlers expression did not change and it was impossible to see the turmoil in his thoughts, he just waited to attend the guests needs and questions*

1 hour ago, Balthier said:

"A tournament? Test ourselves against each other eh? My money might be on the gladiator in such a contest." Jerell said, in a measured tone. "Such a contest would be non-leathal of course? It wouldn't do to injure our new comrades before we start."

"I will say, a merchant sounds like a good idea."

*The butler hears the question from the amicable Warpriest and answers*

"Of course it would be non-lethal, it's as much training as it would be a contest of strength and cunning"

*It had even occurred to the butler that they might wish to gamble about the results of the tournament*

46 minutes ago, MIroque said:

As the priest mentioned the merchant again, Nepthtys remembered those items her men confiscated from the mad priestess. 

"We should spoils of war discuss, the mad priestess. They are in camp."

*At the mention of spoils the Red Wizard perks up, he had been the one to defeat the mad priestess practically single handedly. And even if it had already been a very fruitful day that didn't mean he wouldn't claim a significant share. He turned to Princess Nephthys*

"I actually was in your camp earlier I can to discuss this matter with you but you were busy with a political matter."

*Darius takes anothee swing of the Dwarven Ale"

"As the one to ultimate defeat her, I think I should have first claim. Lady Kazumi and I had  time to examine her posessions and I would settle for her gold and her amulet."

*He said and he didn't think it anyone would contest his claim*

I look at the weird juju caster with some disdain, not trying the slightest to hide it:"Juju man. Whoever hits first or ultimately slays something is of no matter in any sort of measure. The important thing is to serve the balance of this world. Do you really measure such an important task with your selfishness?"

6 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Just for the sake of curiousity I look at the butler and ask:"What are the rules to this tournament anyway? Are spirits cheating? I am not going to partake, but I wonder if they would be technically cheating". I hope to make him confused to some extent.

*The butler thinks about this and finally says*

"It is meant to be a fair test of all your abilities, except perhaps diplomacy anc stealth."

*The butler does not seem confused, Nishka has been taking about spirits practically since she arrived and from context it's able to understand enough to follow her line of thinking*

"If the spirits wish to aide you, I don't believe I could or should stop them"

Although not successful to make the butler bewildered, I am instead pleased with the conversation and answers. At least it seems like he has been listening, which is even better than my attempt to amuse myself.
"Okay, thank you for the input. I assume it would be masters of juju against each other and warriors against warriors? To make it fair and even?

1 minute ago, JennyDK said:

Although not successful to make the butler bewildered, I am instead pleased with the conversation and answers. At least it seems like he has been listening, which is even better than my attempt to amuse myself.
"Okay, thank you for the input. I assume it would be masters of juju against each other and warriors against warriors? To make it fair and even?

"There are people here capable of doing both."

*He says pointing to the Warpriest as just one example*

"But if you all think it fairer that way I see no reason to disagree."

16 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

"I will consider watching at least, if only to g et a measure of strength for whoever should wish to participate and of course be there if someone should let it go to their head or pose a danger of some sort".

With that said, I take a few more bites of my meal and work on my second glass of wine.

*The butler nods to Nishka, giving her a slight bow, he was happy to be of service or help in anyway. It was what a butler was trained to do and be*

@MIroque

*Darius has been drinking Dwarven Ale famous for making people drunk and for a few moments he considers wielding his sword and beheading the obnoxious, impertinent ratfolk where she stood but the thought that would create a mess gives him pause. Maybe just disintegrate her? The ash would be easy to clean. The Red Wizard consider this but in the end he doesn't, deciding simply to serve himself another Dwarven Ale and looking at Princess Nephthys he continues his conversation with her*

"Since you have diligently looked over the treasure it seems fair you get second choice. Agreed?"

Seeing as he probably did not hear me, I speak even louder, having no sense for modesty."I think you overheard me Red the juju caster. I would say everyone has an equal say in sharing these items. I mean, it would be rather childish to believe yourself more entitled on the grounds of mere 'I did best'. I sincerely hope you are better than this. I suggest we consider what best suits each of us or let lady Gold distribute them".

Edited by JennyDK

Cernan had briefly looked over the collection of item when the had been laid out previously, though he had no idea what any of them actually did. "For the benefit of everyone present, could someone list what these spoils are and what each items properties are?" the monk asks while taking a seat at the table beside Nishka.