Some Musical Fun

Hello! These will just be a few pieces of original music I've made in my spare time. Don't expect regular updates; this is a hobby I don't often have the time to give the proper attention. I generally post it to YouTube under the name Nanocosm, though please be assured that I have no intention whatsoever of using that channel for commercial purposes now or at any point in the future.

The music I compose varies wildly in genre, from chill electronic fun to alt rock and metal. For vocals, I typically use synthesizer programs such as Plogue's Alter/Ego software, though I may punish you all with my singing in the future XD

Please also note that, unless otherwise specified, all music I post here will be licensed under Creative Commons 3.0, so feel free to use it for any purpose you wish so long as you abide by the terms of the license ^^

This song is entitled "Free-Return Trajectory" and features vocals from the Marie Ork voicebank for Alter/Ego. It is a slower-tempo electronic piece written from the perspective of two astronauts who have been separated from their spacecraft and are falling back to Earth (cheery, I know...). There's probably some deeper metaphor one could attribute to the lyrics if they tried, but I didn't write it with any such idea in mind. I hope you enjoy it!

• Senior Staff

ED says hello, tree lord. 🙃

I like the music; pretty damn chill.
I also appreciate the 'vocals'; as weird as it probably sounds, I think actual singing might have 'interfered with the vibe', in a way?
The way you've done it, it sounds more like part of the song, rather than a separate layer?
It's hard to explain properly, so I'll just leave it at that; you get it or you don't. xD

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it ^^

I think I get what you're saying and I'm glad I managed to achieve that effect, haha. I was heavily inspired by the music of Mechina while writing this song, who are a sci-fi themed metal group. It seems like an odd influence for such a different genre, but Mechina make heavy use of synthesizers and, on occasion, vocals by one Mel Rose. Rose has a uniquely ethereal voice, which seems to be further processed and auto-tuned during mixing. The end result is similar to what I naturally got out of the Alter/Ego software; something between human and machine. I would recommend checking out their songs Cryoshock and The Horizon Effect if you're curious as to what precisely I mean.

Archived