The Hidden Heretic: Prologue to a Black Crusade

"It's gone?" Abaddon The Despoiler snarled lowly, the sound barely enough to be heard over the growl of his thick Terminator plate as he gestured towards the distant black spire that pierced the horizon. "How is that possible?" He inquired simply.

Kel'Kane, Exalted Sorcerer of the Thousands Sons, knelt before the Warmaster in much smaller and more streamlined Power Armor, though his own warplate was just as ornately decorated.

"It is, and I assume because someone took it before we slaughtered our way here." He replied just as simply.

The Warmaster reflexively flexed the huge Talons of his Power Claw, a weapon that had once tasted the blood of the Emperor Himself when worn by Horus Lupercal. To Kel'Kane's ethersight the ancient weapon shone with a painfully bright golden light, remnants of the Emperor's flesh, tiny drops of dried blood, still bleeding a shocking level of power after ten thousand years.

"Very well, then two paths lie before us now according to the Prophecy. In one I am slain by this power and the Imperium is saved from my Black Crusades, in the other I or my forces defeat the power and I break Cadia and cut the Imperium in half with the greatest warp storm ever seen." He turned towards Kel'Kane. "You know which future I prefer."

"I shall make it happen." Kel'Kane said. "By any means necessary."

Another leader may have given a speech emphasizing the dire and  vitally important nature of the task but Abaddon did not waste words, Kel'Kane was the one best suited to this task and he would succeed or he would fail, speeches were unnecessary.

Kel'Kane knew if he failed he would die alongside Abaddon and lose everything.

He would not fail.

Archived