Court yard

• 2 weeks later...

Victor stepped out of the school building for the second time today. The first time he did, he double-backed in belief that he left his coat in the office, but then realized that he was stuck in his suit the entire day, so he had to leave his favourite piece of apparel at home. He made a quick mental checkup of all the things he had to take with him. Folder - check, wallet - check, car keys? He patted down his pocket, feeling out the rough shape through the material. Check. It seems he was set.

Should probably pick up some aspirin on the way home, he reminded himself, mindlessly making his way in the general direction of where he parked his car. Or at least, where he thought he parked his car. He sighed, and reached to his pocket, hoping to get out his keys and signal the vehicle, when an unfamiliar smell hit his nostrils. Masculine. A bit sweaty. It wasn't any of the teachers and it smelled a bit too mature for any of the students as well, even for the third-years. Victor frowned. This was school's - private - property, parents weren't allowed here. He stopped in place. "Can I help you, sir?" he asked out loud, an accusatory hint in his voice, looking around, trying to pin-point where exactly he felt the man @Thatannoyinggod come from.

[ OOC: Hope you don't mind that I set you up a bit ]

[OOC: You're good, no problem at all]

Troy had finally figured out his way out of the maze that the school seemed to be for him, especially because of him having to be careful not to bump into anything his curse might brake. He ran his fingers through his orange hair as he walked past the parking lot. He had to walk home, just like he had done to get here, not trusting what would happen if he tried to drive a car...again.

The call out spooked him a little, making him almost jump out of his skin. "H..hello? I was just leaving." He walked until the other male @Icarian Dreams came into view. He let out a sigh, the man looking rather human at first glance. "Oh, hi there. Sorry, I didn't expect to see anyone around here. I'm Troy Havershan."

Havershan. The name rang some bells, but Victor couldn't quite put a hand on it. He was almost confident that he didn't have any Havershans in his class, but maybe some first-years...? "Pleasure. Victor Marlowe, historian," he introduced himself in a rather harsh tone, and extended his hand, eyeing the man with suspicion. Now that he was up-close with the stranger, his nose picked up a few additional smells. A rather... bovine smell, probably from the janitor, Victor noted, Other than that; A faint hint of Veronica's perfume, and... someone else's scent, weirdly familiar, and quite surprisingly strong. Victor frowned, and, realizing that he spent the last few seconds in silence examining the palette of smells, spoke up, now in a more relaxed voice - at least he knew that the man had met Veronica, which probably meant he had clearance to be on school grounds. "Ekhm- Mind if I ask what exactly do you do here, Mr. Havershan?" he asked, hoping to finally get some understanding on whom he was speaking to.

Troy was beginning to feel a little uncomfortable with the way the man was just staring at him. At the question, he was jolted a little back into focus. "Nice to meet you Victor. As for what I do here, well I'm the new librarian. Actually just hired today. I was trying to get my bearings today so that I'm not completely lost tomorrow. Though I don't know how well I did that, heh. Got lost a couple of times and had some help from some of the other staff and students." He thought about the little handbook in his pocket with the map, realizing that he really needed to read through it and learn who the staff are. "If you don't mind me asking, what do you do around here? I assume a teacher from the folders you're carrying." 

Librarian. Of course. That's where he knew the name from! Edgar - or was it Veronica? - left a list of staff changes for everyone to familiarize themselves with before they left. Troy's name must have been somewhere there. And then there was that librarian's girl that asked to be excused from class earlier today. That's where that third smell must have came from! It was all starting to make hell' lot more sense. Victor gave the man an apologetic smile, realizing that his behaviour had not been exactly welcoming. "Glad to meet you too, Troy. Excuse my initial suspicions, I've forgotten we've been having staff changes," he justified, keeping his hand extended for a while longer, should Troy want to shake it, then nodded at his assumption. "That's right. I've been teaching history around here for the last few years." he confirmed, before adding: "I'm also the homeroom for the 3rd years this semester."

Vicotr glanced towards the parking lot, still giving Troy most of his attention, but continuing in his motions of searching for his vehicle. His hand dove into the pocket, managing to produce a set of car keys out of it. "Where are you headed, Troy? I could give you a lift," he proposed, looking back at the librarian.

Troy gave the history teacher @Icarian Dreams a questioning look for a moment when hearing that Viktor had suspicions. Then he realized why the teacher might think that way. "Oh! No no no, you're fine. Yeah, makes sense to not entirely trust some random guy wandering around a school, human or not." He relaxed a little as the teacher seemed to ease up at knowing that Troy worked here. Hearing that he was both teacher and homeroom teacher, Troy thought he might be able to get some information on Anpu. He hoped a little that she wasn't like how she acted today all of the time; he wouldn't be able to get any actual work done.

The offer to give him a ride flattered him, but he couldn't do that to a new colleague. "Just heading home. A lot to process from the day. Thanks for the offer, but I don't know if thats a good idea. I have a... way of making things like cars meet their untimely demise." He chuckled, trying to make light of his little reference to his curse.

Victor smiled at the man's assurance, glad to hear that no bad blood was brought between them. Troy looked - and smelled - like a fine fellow, and appeared certainly more reliable than that old crank Myrddin who's been ruling the library for the past years. The werewolf didn't take the man's reference to the curse too heavily though, assuming that it was just the librarian's personal conviction. He wasn'tt really one to blame him. Victor himself couldn't be brought to even get a mobile phone, so he was not in any position to judge.

"Suit yourself. Ol' girl haven't failed me yet," he smirked, pressing the button on the side of the key to light up mentioned car - as much for dramatic effect as for simply finding his ride. Nothing happened. He frowned and pressed it again. Nothing. "Great, the battery died," he muttered to himself, slightly annoyed by the occurence. "Well, not really proving my point, huh?" he smirked, not wanting something like that to bring his day down. He put the keys back in his pocket, and adjusted his jacket, the motion bringing out some confidence in him. "How do you like it around here? I know it can get pretty overwhelming, y'know, with all the monsters around," he inquiried, nodding for the man to follow as he made his way down the park.

Troy followed Victor through the cars, enjoying the comraderie of Victor's presence. He did though move very carefully, not touching any of the vehicles around him. "Heh, yeah overwhelming is definitely a word to describe it. Its interesting. I haven't had much interaction with monsters so it'll be a learning experience for me. I was curious if you knew anything about a student. Her name is Anpu. I was told she was also to be my assistant. She seems very attached to the old librarian." He kept up the pace, and saw when they finally found Victor's car. It was a nice car. Troy definitely made sure to give it a good foot of distance between his body and the car. He didn't want to mess up the teacher's car and ruin... whatever it is that was happening here.

Victor smiled at Troy's words. Yeah. His first day here was also quite overwhelming. He listened in silence, as they finally reached the car. At least it was still standing there.

"Oh, Anpu? Haven't you met her?" Victor questioned, recalling that it was her whom he linked with one of the smells that he felt from Troy. He leaned back on his car, finding it a good place to continue the conversation, and looked into the sky for a moment, trying to recall what he knew about the girl. "Well, never had problems with her myself. Does her homework, passes her tests..." he thought for a while, and focused back on Troy, folding his arms in front of his chest. "Myrddin did call her up to the library every now and again, but it's hard for me to say how she felt about him. Aside from all that 'master' business, but Luther says it's a cultural thing." Victor shrugged. "...Luther's our Monster Society teacher," he explained after a second, realizing that Troy probably didn't know the rest of the staff too well yet. "Maybe she just got used to him. I think she's been an assistant since her very first year here. Plenty of time."

Edited by Icarian Dreams

"Yeah I met her. She seemed focused on things other than letting me know about the library. I was just curious if that was normal. I'm glad to hear she keeps up with her grades. I was worried she might be get too focused on her work and have issues with her studies. Heh, I promise I won't pull her from classes unless it is something vital or important." He listened to the master explanation, definitely cataloging the mention of the teacher who might know more. "Yeah the master thing definitely was odd. She even started referring to me as master. Definitely felt weird to hear that from someone who is supposed to work under me. I'll have to try to meet this Luther, maybe learn some more information. She was nice though. Not denying that." Troy took a relaxed stance, enjoying the conversation. "So, is there any advice you might offer to the new guy? I met the Headmaster and the head of security, but they didn't really name any troubles or things to look out for...except to be open minded."

"Well as long as her grades stay steady, I don't really mind her frequency. But thank you." He smiled. "Luther's a vampire. He usually stays in his classroom until nightfall, so you shouldn't have trouble finding him."

Victor listened to Troy's experiences with the Anubis, interested to hear a fresh perspective on the academy. It was good to have some fresh blood around every so often. Things would get boring otherwise. He scratched his chin at the librarian's request, thinking a while before responding. "That's good advice. Keep your eyes and mind open. Don't let succubi drag you to bed. Don't piss off dragons. Oh, and careful with ghosts and other spirits, they can be a pain. I think we have some seals to keep them corporeal, but you'll have to ask the headmaster," he listed, before his mind shifted to the orientation lesson he conducted this morning. "If you want some names, there's the LuBelle sisters from my class - identical demon triplets with telepathic powers. You'll know them when you see them. There's also another demon, Zadria. Smells of cigarettes. She's not a bad person, but she's... troubled. Just be patient with her and don't let her set anything on fire," he warned, and fell silent, thinking if there was anyone else worth noting. "I think that's all I can tell you right now," he concluded.

"A vampire? Oh wow. I hope he acts fine around humans... Oh shit! That was rude. Damn, sorry." Troy winced at how dumb he felt. "I'm still not used to being around monsters, especially with how many there are here supposedly."

He listened to Victor's warnings, his eyes going a little big at the mention of having sex with succubi or pissing off a dragon. "I'll... I'll keep that in mind." He listened to the students that Victor spoke of, cataloging the names away for later use. "Well, thanks for the heads up. I'll say the people here are definitely more helpful than the last bunch that I worked with. I hope I don't do anything to mess it up. Oh! Does the school have any magic teachers or ancient language teachers? I've got some things that I'll need to learn or figure out so that I can get through this job better."

Victor laughed heartily at Troy's embarassment. "Don't worry, it's only natural we make presumptions. Trust me, most monsters are not used to being around humans as much as you aren't used to being around them." He reassured before considering librarian's question. "Most magic classes begin later into the year, so you won't have much luck finding teachers right now. Currently, I think, only Luanna is at school. She's skilled in illusion, if that's what you need."

"As for ancient languages, I could help with latin, but I presume you mean the Ancient language. Hmm... I know it sounds weird, but the nurse, Penelope, could maybe help you. She's a thousands-years-old mummy, so she may have some first-hand experience. It's just a presumption, so don't take my word for it." Victor chuckled. "Mind if I ask what you need it for? Myrddin left some runes around the library?" An entertained grin appeared on his face.

Edited by Icarian Dreams

Victor's reassurance really helped Troy relax more. "Well, good to know I guess. Hopefully I can try to help some of them get used to us as much as me getting used to them." He did let out a small curse at learning that there might not be much help from a magic teacher. Well, hopefully Anpu might have some luck with that book. If not, my tenure here might be shorter than I thought. 

At hearing the nurse might be able to help, he perked up. "Well Latin I have pretty well down, heh. But yeah Ancient and any other monster languages. I'll need to eventually learn them if I am to help students find what they might need. Aaaannnndddd I've got a personal reason for looking. The headmaster said that there might be books in the library that could help me with an... affliction that I am dealing with." He had a nervous look on his face, not knowing how open he should be about his curse.

"I'm sure you'll do just fine." Victor smiled, listening to the rest of Troy's train of thought.

"I see," He responded to the librarian's explaination. Seeing how Troy was not particularly comfortable about discussing his affliction, the werewolf decided not to push. "Well I wish I could be of more help. I'm sure you'll manage to deal with that issue of yours though," he affirmed. "In any case, I think I should get going. I need to hit the mall on the way home, restock on some things," he excused himself, pushing himself off the side of the car, and stopping for a moment after straightening his posture, as an idea hit his mind. "Listen Troy, wanna grab a beer or something tomorrow? You could tell me how your first day went and I could help with any questions you may have."

Ellie stretched her brightly colored scaly wings and let out a big yawn. She looked around quietly. She wanted to change into her dragon form but she was worried about breaking something if she did. She seemed easily distracted by colorful thing, because she started chasing a butterfly right after spotting it. She didnt take anything too seriously, everything was a game to her. "Do you really thing you can out fly me! Well, I'm gonna get you little winged thing!" She roared and giggled. She didnt have clothes on, but that was because they hurt her wings and tail. 

On 07/10/2020 at 11:55, Icarian Dreams said:

"I'm sure you'll do just fine." Victor smiled, listening to the rest of Troy's train of thought.

"I see," He responded to the librarian's explaination. Seeing how Troy was not particularly comfortable about discussing his affliction, the werewolf decided not to push. "Well I wish I could be of more help. I'm sure you'll manage to deal with that issue of yours though," he affirmed. "In any case, I think I should get going. I need to hit the mall on the way home, restock on some things," he excused himself, pushing himself off the side of the car, and stopping for a moment after straightening his posture, as an idea hit his mind. "Listen Troy, wanna grab a beer or something tomorrow? You could tell me how your first day went and I could help with any questions you may have."

Troy was thankful of Victor not pushing him about his curse. "Yeah, I should probably get heading home myself. Bit of a walk. Thank you for the information. You have definitely been a big help." He turned around to leave when he heard Victor offer him to meet up tomorrow. He spun around slowly with a joyful smile on his face. "Yeah! That would be great. I can't wait, Victor." He watched Victor climb into his car, stepping back so that he wasn't in the way. Not a bad day, Havershan. Not bad at all. I just might like it here. Just gotta get this damn curse under control. He walked on home, whistling as he walks.

[Scene end ^^]

• Love 1

Ellie kept playing with the butterfly for a long time.  She didn't realize that everybody had left and it was pretty much just her in the Courtyard. She looked around for a moment and seemed a bit confused as she could have sworn that a few people were here. She shrugged it off and decided to lay in a grassy area. She moved here so abruptly that she didnt have anywhere to stay, or if she did then she didnt know where that was. It was getting late though, so she curled up to rest. Her tail wrapped around her and her wings covered her like a blanket. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A few minutes would pass by, as she rested in the grassy area.  The soft breeze blew through, whispering to her ears as the grass swayed from side to side.  Indeed, when there were no other students around, this area proved to be very peaceful and ambient.  A dragon like her would find this place suitable for a long night's rest...well, if it weren't for the fact that another student would find her soon afterwards.  As she began to finally settle down and get ready to sleep in the open field, she would hear small footsteps towards her direction before a baritone voice called out to her.

"Yo.  What are you doing out here, sleeping in the middle of the courtyard?  Don't you got a dorm room or something to sleep in?  It's dangerous to be sleeping outside, y'know."

The voice was somewhat colloquial, not too precise in pronouncing certain consonants but just enough that there was some effort and concern in his voice.  When she opened her eyes to see who was speaking, she would notice a tall and slender male wearing a hoodie and jeans.  He also had some grey headphones with a red stripe in the middle of the earpieces.  He didn't seem to have any animal traits, so he appeared human to her at first, but he quickly debunked that assumption.

"Huh.  So you're a dragon, too.  I was wondering if I was gonna meet any fellow dragons here.  Well, guess it's nice to meetcha'."

Edited by Typical Blue Haired Dude
  • Haha 1

As she slowly started to go to bed, her dilated pupils seemed to calm down and turn into slits. She only closed her eyes for a few moments before hearing the booming voice.

"hm.... what do you mean? I dont..."

She whimpered cutely as her words drifted off. She shifted in her sleep as she slowly opened her eyes to look up at him. She fluttered her wings slightly as she moved to stretch out her naked body. 

"you are?"

Her tail pressed in between her legs barely covering that area while her plump chest was fully exposed. She slowly sat up and rubbed her eyes. She was so tired that her vision was slightly blurry so she could only make out some of his features. She sniffed the air slightly.

"You do smell like me mister... like a dragon."

She spoke in the softly and sweetest voice. Too bad she lacked smarts. She yawned softly and hugged her tail. 

Edited by SilverGirl20
  • Love 1

Well...this was strange.  Did she know that she was in a school?  Why the hell was she wearing nothing on?!  And why did she sound so innocent about it in the first place?  Maybe she just wasn't the brightest of the bunch.  He didn't want to assume that when he saw her but it was hard to find a legitimate reason why she put herself in this scenario in the first place.

"Yeah, I'm a dragon.  But, err...any reason why you don't have any clothes on?  I get that you're also a dragon and all, but this is still a school.  If you sleep in the nude out in the open, that's basically asking for some degenerate to rub their hands all over you."

Despite her lack of critical thinking, she definitely was rather attractive when it came to her body, especially for a young dragon like himself.  Thankfully he had some semblance of restriction and manners, and he would do his best to protect her dignity by removing his own sweater, revealing a white plain t-shirt underneath.  He felt the breeze brush against his body as he took it off, wondering if she would catch a cold like this.

"Here, you can use my sweater to cover yourself up.  Put it on, you don't want people staring at you all day with googly eyes."

Of course, he hadn't realized the reason for her not wearing clothes, so he thought he was doing a good thing in giving her his sweater.

• Woohoo 1

She didn't think it was too strange for her not to have clothes on. She was from a less advanced society of dragons.  They didn't wear clothes where she came from and she didn't know that the school may require her to do so. In fact she didn't know any of the school's rules.

"hm...  I dont like clothes." 

She whimpered cutely. Not to mention her wings and tail made it hard to cover herself. She didn't like the feeling of cloth touching her tail or wings. It was hard to explain but it just felt wrong to her. She giggled at his comment. 

"rub their hands on me? Well I do like pats."

Her mind seemed to wander in a sleepy daze.  She seemed rather distracted as she looked around at her surroundings, only glancing at him for a few moments before returning her gaze to the scenery.

"A gift... for me?"

She stiffened and blushed wildly like someone had just kissed her, when he handed her the clothing. She that he was presenting her gifts because he liked her. It reminded her of her father presenting gold and gems to her mother to keep her favor. He was the first of her own kind do give her a gift. She hugged the sweater and purred loudly. "Thank you." She cood and snuggled against his lower stomach. 

Edited by SilverGirl20
  • Haha 1

"H-Hey!"

He would find himself tense up when she snuggled against his lower stomach.  What was this girl's deal?  He just gave her a sweater, that was all...unless that blushing from earlier wasn't because she was naked, but because he gave her a gift?  She definitely seemed a little more simpleminded than most folk...he would infer that her upbringing likely wasn't as modernized as his own, as he knew that there were several dragon groups out there with different histories and cultures.  He'd just have to be patient with her.

"Easy there...can you tell me where your dorm room is?  It might be safer if you rest there for the night."

He wasn't too hopeful that she would have an answer due to just how sleepy she seemed at first...but maybe his little kind act woke her up.  He would wait patiently for her response as she looked down at her...well, at least she was somewhat covering herself by huddling up to him and his sweater, so he could actually look at her in the eye without blushing.

• Woohoo 1