City of Sunveil

The imp fidgeted as he was a little nervous at the conversation that was happening out in the open like this. He generally wasn't a face man, just an in and out burglar, like a ghost. But if he had someone that could be more of a distraction...that did interest him. He walked a little further into the alley so that they werent at the front of it and leaned against one of the walls. "Hm...what do I most desire... I want to make those disgusting humans writhe in suffering, to see their wailing faces at the chaos I ensue. And to have whatever I want when I want it. I'm prey simple in my desires, heh." He shrugged and smirked to the girl, leaning off of the wall, extending a hand. "I'm Keelo. What's your name?"

• Like 1

She is now even more sure that seeking him out would be beneficial and helpful as they share the same interests."Very well answered. I desire the same things. The humans will not be able to withstand awesome beings like us teaming up against them. I am Jessica Parker, but you may also call me Scarecrow if you prefer. If you prefer, we can move to the secret hideout that my current partner and I share. We shall probably discuss our powers so we can better plan how to do things", she says into his mind whilst smirking wide and huge, letting him feel she can send messages mentally.

• Woohoo 1

His head twitched as he heard...felt her voice within his head. "Ok...that's a little creepy, even for me. Sounds like a plan to me, Scarecrow. You lead on. And as for powers, mine tend to be a little...specialized. I would be happy to give you a demonstration back at your hideout." He smirked as he followed her, the mischievous imp's mind already racing with various thoughts. 

[Scene moving to Hideout]

• 3 weeks later...

"And yet another one I've already read.  I had honestly expected more from this place.  Such a disappointment.  I shall make sure this is one of the first buildings my zombie army levels when I begin my conquest of the world," Vangor muttered to himself, closing a dusty book he had been reading and putting it back on the shelf.  He had spent the past hour at a back alley bookstore he had found during his search for new necromancy books, hoping to find something in the more out of the way locations.  Since the academy didn't have such materials, he had no choice but to broaden his search.  "It appears I will have to search elsewhere," Vangor went on, picking up his wooden staff from the spot he left it against an empty bookcase.  As he reached for the staff, however, he noticed something off about the empty bookcase, or rather on the other side of it.  The purple haired man tilted his head and slowly moved the bookcase aside to reveal a hidden door.  He was lucky the shopowner had stepped out for something.  Vangor's curiosity quickly got the better of him and he reached out towards the door, opening it to reveal a flight of stairs going down.  "I can feel it..." he began, muttering to himself as he pointed his staff at the stairs.  "Fate has decided to bless me, the great and powerful Dark Necromancer.  Let us see what you have in store for me, stairs," Vangor went on even though nobody was around to hear him before he walked down the stairs.  At the bottom, Vangor was met by another door, but unlike the first one, the second door was opened up a bit, allowing him to use his staff to push it open from a distance.  As Vangor stepped past the door, his eyes widened as he gazed upon his discovery.  Another library hidden underneath the bookstore, filled with knowledge for him to peruse.  At that moment, Vangor couldn't help himself and began to laugh like a Saturday morning cartoon villain.  "Excellent.  This is perfect.  I can just feel the information in this place.  This place shall be a perfect offering to me when the world belongs to me," Vangor said to himself.

Once the final door opens, he is led to a gargantuan hidden library where scholars and users of various schools of magic can study and learn more. So for this reason, the young man is far, far from alone in this place that spend 3-4 levels where there are stairs between each of them, with each "floor" housing many book cases full of tomes, scrolls and books. Several people, all from rather shady looking and to what looks like fully normal citizens, wander about and tend to their own business. This leaves him rather overlooked.

If he is to look for books on necromancy, he can find the section regarding that, though there is one more person rummaging these bookcases with the same books...

Vangor shrugged to himself.  "It appears the common folk don't realize a great and powerful evil when they see one.  They should all be trembling before my almighty power.  How annoying.  Oh well, for the time being, I should continue to focus on my mission," Vangor said to himself, deciding to ignore the fact he was ignored and begin his search for the books he was after.  As he walked, he whistled to himself, absently tapping on the floor every so often with his staff.  Suddenly, he stopped when he spotted a number of books that, at least in his viewpoint, called out to him.  Vangor wasted no time making his way over to the bookcases, snickering to himself all the while.  While he noticed another person looking through the bookcases, he paid them little mind and returned to his own little world.  "The time has come at last.  With this knowledge, the world shall bow before me," Vangor said to himself, even though he was aware that another person could hear him talking to himself.

Multiple of the more advanced books on the subject and which he has yet had a chance to read seems to be missing from the shelves. They are likely on the large pile of tomes near the mysterious looking woman clad in a simple dark robe. The female seems to mind her own business so far, giving no attention towards Vangor so far."Ughhh....dang. Gregory...come here and help me out!", she grunts, sounding slightly displeased. Soon after a body, fully covered in clothing walks towards her, looking mostly fully fine and well, but there is a slight stumble to it and the thing says nothing as it approaches Scylia."Gregory, I need you to hold this for a bit...seems like it has run out of juice", she says in a modestly volumed voice. Then she hands him an item that kind of looks like a human heart that is faintly glowing and beating. The odd being simply grabs it to hold with both hands.

"No good with this one, either.  All of this is material I already know," Vangor muttered to himself, putting back his third book.  As he reached for the next one on the shelf, his hand was met with nothing but air.  "Empty?  Has someone already taken it?  Even if they could read the forbidden arts of darkness, they would have little use for them compared to someone of my caliber," Vangor said to himself.  As he looked for the books he had not had the chance to read, his gaze turned towards a large pile of books near a woman he noticed, but didn't pay any mind to right away.  It wasn't until he spotted the man who was with her that something clicked in his head.  'That man...his mere presence reminds me of my summoned zombie soldiers, and yet it is nothing like mine.  It appears human, yet my inner dark necromancer knows that thing is no human,' Vangor thought to himself, turning his attention to the human woman.

Scylia gives the heart-looking item another slightly annoyed glance before sighing softly."Hmmpppfhhh...fiiiine. I guess I can spare one of you. After all, I need this thing to keep going at the moment. Charles...you lazy bones, you are needed here too", she says, caring little for if anyone hears her, though not making an effort to be heard. It seems most likely she is just doing what she needs to. Then another body appears from between some other bookshelves."Yoooou caalllleeed laddy Scylia? How can I serve you mistresssss?", the mostly normal looking human man says. The most telling part about being his very sunk-in eyes that look dead and lifeless and his slightly more gray skin."Stop talking like an idiot...you are not scaring anyone. I need you some of your essence...", she tells him.

'A human, and yet I can feel the power of darkness coming from her.  Of course, she is nowhere near the level of a dark necromancer such as myself,' Vangor thought, convincing himself he was already a better necromancer than the woman he was watching.  Quickly, he lost interest in what she was doing and turned his attention to the stacks of books.  'Besides, if you do not intend to read these books, they shall go to a better cause,' Vangor went on in his head, trying to reach for the top book of the stack.  While (at least in his head) he was blessed with the powers of darkness, he unfortunately was only slightly below an average male's height and couldn't reach the top of the stack of books with his arm alone.  As a change of plans, he slowly raised his staff towards the top book, intending to push it off the stack and catch it.

For the time being, Scylia was left to herself and thus the other person was not really in the way, but now she spots him trying to mess with her books. She gives him a deadly serious stare as he is suddenly very much in focus. A quick twist of her hands and a rapid incantation and his arm, which he was using for this, is suddenly all numb and holding completely still, unable to move at all."What do you think you are doing? Who are you boy?", she says more in an annoyed voice than outright angry. She nods towards Gregory, who puts down the item she asked him to hold and walks very closely towards Vangor. The sensation of active magic extremely strong around him."You better answer fast...or Gregory might get...peckish", she says, mostly trying to instill fear than giving an actual threat. The rest of the male's body can still move, of course.

Even in the situation he found himself in, Vangor couldn't help but laugh.  "Who am I?  How dare you not know greatness when you see it?  Very well.  Just this once, I'll humor you.  I am the great and terrible dark necromancer, Vangor, future ruler of the world!" Vangor answered, getting louder the further in his introduction he got, following up with his evil laugh.  While he would've followed up with (in his mind) an evil pose, since his arm was stuck, he chose not to.

Scylia, not often amused, looks ready to chuckle or even laugh, but instead holds it in and simply engage in conversation."Ohhh...another one of those? Seems like this school of magic really draws in all of the weirdo edgelords. Listen kiddo...I was once like yourself. Full of myself and with dark plans of conquest. Do you really think it is anywhere realistic...or any kind of fun in the long run. Trust me...it loses appeal when you get older", she says and gives a lightly cocky grin."These books are being checked out by me today. You will just have to wait like everyone else or find your own copies. Knowledge for the sake of knowledge is much more...rewarding and leaves your mind open to many more possibilities. So...are you going to be a good boy and lay off my books?", she asks, slowly increasing the extension of her spell ever so slowly, making the effects felt further down that arm of his.

"Losing appeal in world conquest?  Don't make me laugh.  It simply sounds like you just didn't have what it takes to conquer the world.  To allow yourself to willingly become a cog of this world is the height of weakness," Vangor replied.  While he could feel the effects of the spell spreading, he tried to ignore it by talking.

"With an outlook and attitude like that, it's no wonder why necromancy gets a bad rep. Keep acting like that and the proper people will find you and deal with you. Do you know how I have kept improving my talents and have been free of "do good'ers"? Elemental, child...you keep out of trouble and you don't go flaunting your massive ego or spout death and destruction. Ohh my...the arrogance of youth. No no. But enough about that....are you going to leave my books alone or do I need to go further?", she goes on, her voice neutral and calm, despite openly exercising blood magic and speaking of her primary school of magic. The fully covered creature, whilst not having a visible face, still gives the feeling that he is staring down the boy pretty hard and intensively.

Scylia has no idea how to reach this kid and his odd visions of self proclaimed world dominance. Honestly, she is sure that such ideal will slowly fade over time and make room for more normal and proper focuses. She is not sure why she seems to care so much about his refusal to at least give her words some thought. Of course, most change don't happen at the drop of a hat. Perhaps she can even help the younger generation out. Besides, it's not like she is doing much else than research and experimentation anyway."How about this...you can study the books....under my supervision and tutelage. I can teach you proper necromancy and the like. You can become my protegé. Who knows when else you might have a chance to look at these?", she comments rather confidently.

Instead of giving an instant response, Vangor took the time to consider the offer, finding something a bit off about it.  "What's your angle?  Mere moments ago, you were adamantly refusing to hand over the books, and now you change your tune?  You're after something, aren't you?" Vangor questioned.

"I am not handing over anything. I am giving you a chance to get a look at them under my supervision. They do not leave my place. I am offering you an apprenticeship. That is what I offer you", she says, not sure exactly why she would do this, but perhaps this boy could have some sense talked into him under the right circumstances and with the right mentor. She very much doubts his ambitions will ever come to fruition as it is simply impossible in more ways than one, but at least she can help speed that realization along and plant some better ideas in his mind.

Instead of giving an actual response, Vangor only began to laugh.  "You take me for a fool?  I know you have an ulterior motive.  Your sudden change in tune would only make sense if you had another objective.  No matter what you say, however, I will not back away from my ultimate goal.  Being unable to read these volumes from this location would be no loss to me.  There are other ways to conduct research on the dark arts, after all," Vangor replied, pointing at the woman with his left hand since it was the only one he could still move freely.

Scylia sighs softly and rolls her eyes. She is not going to waste more of her time if this kid is this adamant on his foolish endeavours and ideas."I pity you, child. You have much to learn. Before you can even grasp a proper idea about real research and how to handle necromancy, first you need to be stable of mind. A shame....you could have decent potential. Now you won't get to learn about the ultimate technique....", she says and releases his arm from her spell again."If you change your mind, I will be....around", she lets him. Then nods towards her servants, who gather up the books and the group gets ready to leave.

'Ultimate technique?  No, Vangor, it's likely more bait.  It's a simple tactic of human negotiations to bait someone into a bad position.  One who has given up on the desire for conquest has nothing for a dark necromancer such as myself.  It appears coming to this place only served to waste my time,' Vangor thought to himself, moving his arm around once he was freed.  He turned around and began walking away from the woman, absently twirling around his staff as he walked.  'For the time being, I may as well dive into some general magic books.  Even if information on the dark arts is out, I would rather not completely waste this trip,' he added in his head, going off in search of more general books of magic to fill his thirst for knowledge.

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/10/2021 at 02:53, JennyDK said:

OOC: I suggest we move back to the city topic after this one. Would you not agree with that?

"I suppose that is one perk about being a monster in this place - that you are not arrested for exposing yourself, hahaha!", Sarah comments back and even gives a playful nudge with her elbow into the waist of Tamamo, further making her statement clear. Soon enough, they are both well on the way towards the house where the schoolgirl lives with her family. It is still fairly early in the day, so the parents and siblings are not home and thus she won't have to explain the sudden visitor."Ohhh...fish? No, it's not like a lake or anything like that. Just nice water to soak and swim in, really", she answers her back.

Tamamo blinked but shrugged soon after, not knowing what force could come after her for living the way she always did. She still was smart enough to obey the rules given by stronger monsters, though. Right now, she didn't mind having to wear something if it meant swimming but she would not wear her own clothes in the water for sure. The lack of fish and the explanation about the pool made her feel like it would be different than what she knew but it couldn't be worse than the bath tubs, surely. "Nice water is good. I'm glad you can show me... I don't know this world very much. It's very different from where I lived.", she said, seeming to enjoy the stroll in the city as long as someone was with her.

It is still nice and early in the day, with warm sunny rays to light up the world around them as well as provide plenty of nice heat to go with it. As Sarah is surely more familiar in the streets than the fox girl, she easily gets them straight to her place so she can get herself some swimwear to adorn herself with."But of course! What are friends for?", she says and giggles softly, albeit with a hint of something else in there that seems just....weird. After around 40 minutes of walking, Sarah has pointed out various landmarks and fun places to hang out, ending with them arriving at a very plain and regular looking house."You can come in with me if you want, but it won't be long...just need to grab my bikini...", she says and smiles at Tamamo with a big grin.

• 4 weeks later...

OOC: Continuing the scene from Court yard

On 16/11/2021 at 16:15, JennyDK said:

Despite her undead nature, Yoko is able to find some positive sensations about the current situation and enjoying them. Once his gaze finds hers she looks back, no sense of embarrassement inside of her, yet her cheeks still flush a faint bit more than before."It certainly seems like a good place to sit down and enjoy the tranquility of life and relax. I am glad you chose to show me such a special spot", she says and nods graciously. She keeps up conversation as well as she can after that as they keep walking together.

Hiro smiles to himself upon hearing Yoko's words, but he seems a little dazed at the moment. Is he thinking about something? Is he in a tranquil state, being too enamored by Yoko's presence, words, way of speaking and maybe even her looks? Nobody will truly know what is in his mind, aside from Hiro himself. He continues to walk beside his friend, enjoying the momentary silence, up until she speaks up. This doesn't exactly dink him off the rails, he doesn't become distraught because the endearing silence is gone. More so, he's happy to hear Yoko's words again. The park they're currently in isn't exactly a huge one, so they can already see the end of it. "Yeah, I- yeah! It is quite a nice place. So, uh... you've never been to the amusement park... before?" His words break up a little, possibly temporary embarrassment.

• Like 1