Academy arena.

The gazer girl really has no interest in physical scuffles, but then again, it might be fun to try and see his reaction to what she can do, just to try and maybe maybe him a teeny tiny bit more humble. However, she is very bad at coming off menacing in any sort of way, despite how her kind often loves to be like that. The monster codex does come to her mind, which does speak of not letting ones powers degrade and to keep them sharp."Well...you asked for it. Prepare yourself...", she says, trying to sound omnious. In a blink of an eye, a large patch of darkness envelops herself, Vangor and most of the area.

"Fascinating," was Vangor's only response.  As he watched as darkness began to cover the area, he dropped his notebook as a pale blue light began to gather in his hand.  He had confidance his barrier could handle whatever the girl standing before him could toss at him.  He hardly had the chance to test it out on live opponents, so he considered it a good chance.  'Better than taking part in some bland video project, I say,' Vangor thought to himself, preparing to deploy his barrier to protect his body when needed.

Karnis has no offensive abilities at all, even if she wanted to attack someone. However, she can still move about unhindered as she is able to look around in her eldritch powered darkness. She would rather not be some sort of bully either, honestly. So the gazer is using a few seconds to actually try and think things through as this was maybe 70% done on reflex rather than proper planning. Perhaps the best "weapon" she may have, would be the one she is worst using, which is basically speech. However, it seems like she will have to try."Ohh, welcome to my.....my shadow realm. There is no way out mortaaaaal! Admit your wrongdoings and you may return to your realm...if it pleaseeees meeee! Otherwise, you will be foooreeever looost here, oooooooooh!", she says in the most spooky voice she can muster, almost laughing due to how silly she feels about it.

Listening to the attempt to sound spooky, all Vangor could do was mutter to himself.  "Pathetic," he said, mostly to himself.  After a short pause, he raised his voice, mostly since he had no idea where exactly Karnis was.  "Is that honestly your most intimidating tone you could come up with?!  It's pathetic!  It's completely lacking in any level of threat whatsoever!  If you wish to intimidate, one must show a true level of threat or intimidation.  As it is, all you have done is blocked off my visibility," Vangor said.  He didn't know exactly why hearing Karnis try to act intimidating had set him off into his long tangent, but he couldn't help himself.

OOC: He does come off as a mean bully here. Perhaps it would be best to take it down a notch?

Karnis is definitely not the type of person well fit to someone being mean towards her and she is fighting back tears as she is being berated by the harsh words of the young lad. She still has no means to really retaliate, both physically and verbally."You are....a doodie head. A meanie beanie! Not only did you forget the whole point of the project, but you lie about it and then go be a giant jerk!", she says with whimpering voice, clearly not used to being this hurt and angry. This whole thing makes her seriously consider reporting it to the staff who issued them to work together.

As Vangor was about to continue on his tangent, he heard the change in tone from Karnis and tried to restrain himself from continuing.  He cleared his throat, trying to think of the right words to resolve the situation.  "Perhaps...I may have gone a bit far.  My apologies," Vangor said.  In his mind, a part of him was a bit glad he wasn't able to see anything around him because of the darkness.  'You fool, if you intend to captivate an audience, you must learn self control.  Even if her line sounded like a season one side character, if I intend to conquer the world by stealing people's hearts with my divine acting, I must learn restraint with my words,' he thought to himself.

The darkness fades away rapidly as Karnis stops using her power to make it appear and stay. She looks at him, a bit uncertainly as she is still not fully sure he means it."You....mean that? I am not....pathetic?", she asks softly, clearly not intend on keeping any animosity or grudge, but just wanting to move on from here. Her attached yellow eyes moving around a bit weirdly, like they are unsure where to look at.

"While the tone of your voice could use a bit more intimidation when you apply your ability in such a way, it is far from the worst performance I have ever seen.  But that is beside the point.  I give you my word when I say you are not pathetic," Vangor replied, as seriously as he could even while maintaining his dark necromancer front.

She nods softly, acknowledging what is said to her."Allright then...I am not really very much into intimidation though. Soooo...yeah, about the theme: we are supposed to do something that shows the relationship between humans and monsters. I guess from what I have heard from human folk lore...monsters are supposed to be all scary, evil and such....right?", she asks him, looking to see if she got that assumption correctly or not.

"If you were to ask that question in the past, that would be true.  In our current time, especially considering this city and this academy exists, there are those who would say otherwise.  Likely, outside of this city, there would be those who consider monsters to be frightening, and I'm willing to assume there are still highly hostile monsters still within their own realm.  It seems that the answer here isn't so straightforward," Vangor answered, remembering what he had read during classes and his numerous trips to the library to read things. 

Karnis put a hand on her chin, appearing to be in thought of what he said to her."There are highly hostile humans too, so it seems like both sides may have the same sort of ratio of nice and less than nice people. Of course, with monster having all sorts of weird powers, then it is easier to stray from being all nice...thankfully, I am nothing like those meanies! Did you ever meet a mean monster?", she asks him, wondering about his own experiences, then quickly perks up even more as she quickly thinks of something to add to that before he has a chance to answer first."....or mean humans, for that manner? Ohhhh, I think I am even getting ideas for what we could do for our project!", she says, with some slight excitement in her tone of voice.

Instead of answering the question, upon the mention of "mean humans," Vangor looked away from Karnis.  The grip on his staff tightened and he instead turned his attention to his training target.  "Perhaps...you could say that," Vangor answered, his voice lacking any of his usual loud dark necromancer-like confidence he normally had.  He pointed his staff at the target and fired off another Shadowshot, but unlike his previous attempts, it was far slower.  Despite it's speed, it was strong enough to rip straight through the target, leaving a hole in the center.  "You are right.  Just as there are hostile monsters, there are humans who are just like them.  In some ways, you could say humans are even worse.  They know the weaknesses of their own kind and will use that to try and break them," Vangor went on, keeping his eyes on the target his attack had torn through.

Her hovering eyeballs all blink in unison most of the time whilst they speak, the eyes looking around in various directions without any sort of specific target in mind either, like they are acting independently at the moment. She is relieved that they are able to have a normal and calm conversation like this, in contrast to a moment ago. She looks at him idly doing the same task from before."I suppose so, but some can do it in a positive way - change can be both positive and negative. If you gets past your weakness with a noble goal in mind that seems like a good thing to me", she says, not really sure why they are engaging in a philosophical conversation, but perhaps it will help spawn ideas for their project.

• 2 weeks later...

"I would have to disagree.  It may not seem like it, but a vast number of humans care only about their own personal gains.  Given the right situation, they would destroy their fellows without hesitation," Vangor said.  He dropped his staff and dug through his pocket, eventually finding and pulling out one of his catalysts he had shown to Bella before.  He closed his eyes, focusing his magic on the bone, and once it was ready, he tossed it into the air.  The triangular shaped bone stopped on it's own in midair, glowing purple before changing it's form in a flash of light into a single skeleton capable of moving on it's own.  Once the skeleton was completed, however, Vangor stumbled and moved a hand towards his head, wiping sweat off his forehead.  "Undead soliders are far more useful.  They will never question orders, and will only do what their summoner commands," he went on, turning his attention to his skeleton soldier.  "Go and acquire me some of the 'you know what.'  A water for our guest, as well," Vangor said to the skeleton.  It stood in silence for a moment before giving a salute to it's master and running off, it's bony body clattering loudly as it moved.  "That is enough about that topic, however.  I believe you came to me for the sake of this project and nothing more.  So, present your ideas so we may begin," Vangor continued, sitting down on the ground next to his notebook.  While he was trying to hide it, he had exhausted most of his mana between the training and summoning the skeleton solider, and could feel his consciousness trying to slip away.

Karnis stands and listens and while she has more faith in humans than Vangor seems to have, she lets the topic die out with his final words on the matter - no reason to start some sort of argument after all. She is quite surprised to see a skeleton servant forming out of the bone piece, but being aware that he called himself a necromancer it is more of a surprise than actual shock. She has seen necromancy a few times before and in the monster realm it is much less taboo, with undead monsters also able to hold even higher stations in societies around the realm. She is not sure 'guest' applies to her in this instance, but see no reason to correct him on this as there is nothing malicious about it anyway. If she were like Bella she could have noticed his fatigued mental and physical state, but as it is she is more focused on the conversation anyway."Uhhmm...yeahh...not something fully fleshed out, but I did have a budding idea that perhaps we could make a small theatrical scene or more where we portray various minor scenarios that might occur when humans and monsters meet and then voice over on how you could resolve said scenarios. Like....well...kind of like a PSA...or something", she suggests while lightly scratching her head out of slight uncertainty of the idea is good or not.

'A theatrical scene?  This could be my perfect chance.  My ultimate plan to captivate an audience and conquer them through their hearts could work perfectly with a scheme like this.  If all goes well, then that vampire will surely decide to become one of my minions.  It's a perfect scheme,' Vangor thought, mostly because he lacked the energy to spout his latest evil scheme out loud.  The most he could do was quietly snicker to himself as he slowly put the pieces of his scheme together.

• 1 month later...

Karnis gives the boy a fairly odd puzzled look as he seems to be one caught in his own thoughts for a moment there, but she decides against asking into it. If it has anything to do with their project, it seems obvious to let her know about it. He doesn't really seem to answer her and instead just give off some weird laugh to himself."Uhhmmm...Vangor? Are you with me? What do you think of it? Perhaps we even need to try and find someone who can be sort of intimidating....not sure if I can pull that off...besides, someone has to shoot the thing too", she says, wondering if he is present here or not, mentally.

"Why search for someone capable when there is already someone capable of performing such tasks?" Vangor questioned.  He tried to fight off his tiredness, wondering how much longer his skeleton soldier would take to bring what he needed.  Luckily for him, the skeleton soldier soon returned, carrying with it a normal bottle of water along with a second bottle where the liquid within was a darker blue than normal water should've been.  Taking the bottle from the skeleton soldier, Vangor quickly downed the contents, feeling his strength start to return to him.

Karnis blinks a few times as her point sort of seem to fly over his head."Well...with only the two of us, we cannot really make any sort of scene, since someone needs to operate the camera. Have you not met others who might be able to and want to give us a hand?", she asks him, not really putting too much focus of hers onto the undead thing - plenty of those arounds the monster dimension, after all.

• 2 weeks later...

While Vangor would normally have been quick to answer, he had no real response to the question.  Being primarily a loner, Vangor had no actual people he would consider "friends" who could help with such a task.  For a moment, he considered the vampire he had met while in search of materials for a new staff earlier, but that on it's own came with it's own problems.  Vangor was at least partly sure that Bella could see right through his act, and he wanted to use his acting abilities to coax her over to his side for his plans.  The other problem was, despite owning a cell phone, he honestly never used it to call anybody.  "Could we not simply find some device to hold the camera?" Vangor questioned.

Karnis is not really sure whether he is just adamant against the whole idea or if he lacks anyone who might be able to help out."Ohhh, what if I asked someone then? After all...if this whole thing is about relations between monsters and humans, it might be good for you to interact with more than just one type of monster...perhaps someone more feisty that little me...hahaha...just a thought. Besides...if you put a camera on something, you cannot really make anything very dynamic and have to adjust it all the time", she replies back, already thinking who might be a good help.

"Is that so?" Vangor questioned.  'Perhaps that was not my greatest idea, but I do not have mind reading abilities.  I cannot be too sure who she intends to bring into this task.  If it is simply for a project, it may not matter too much.  I don't believe the results will be shown to anyone, but I can't be too sure,' he thought to himself, clearing his throat in order to help himself get back into his usual loud voice.  "Very well, then.  Who in particular do you have in mind?" he asked.

The gazer girl is kind of pleased that Vangor at least is trying to be cooperative and reasonable with this - even if it is to try and hide some sort of weird stuff he is not telling her about. In the end, she does want to do fairly well with this project as she could use a bit better credit and goodwill with the teacher responsible for it."Ohh, neat! I don't know a whole lot of people, but I can definitely recommend someone from my year...someone named Malikah. She can be a bit much, but honestly very nice and sweet when you get past the competitive nature...and her asking you to "drop down and give me 50!"", the last part said in a teasingly mimicking tone with Karnis trying to puff her body size up and looking bigger with her arm gestures.

Vangor tilted his head, a bit unsure what Karnis was talking about right away until he put two and two together in his head and realized what she meant.  Being a mage, heavy physical exercise was one of his greatest weaknesses.  Extroverted types were another.  To him, the person Karnis was describing sounded like his two greatest weaknesses bundled up into a person.  "Perhaps we should consider someone a bit different," he suggested, despite knowing next to nothing about this "Malikah" person.  He felt he was right to be wary after his encounter with the woman in the secret library regarding people he had never met before, even while he also cursed her at the same time for taking all the top tier necromancy books for herself.

"Why do you say that? That is rather harsh...and weird. You are making this way more hard than it has to be Vangor. If my friend is not good enough, then I would like to hear your suggestion then....", she says, sounding lightly annoyed and looking the part as well. She is trying to figure out what the reason, or reasons, might be for this rather odd and blunt decline of a perfectly good suggestion.