OCC

8 minutes ago, RayRay said:

Meant you lol!

Ah! I had one in all the main plots. I’m the captured Beastman in the plot of the beast man and queen and have already started it in the lowland castle dungeon. Just need someone to play the queen character. 

I have the captain character in the skyhawk plot and have started it in the Blood and Beer Tavern Topic, where the captain is meeting people to join his crew after posting a notice for it.

I am the witches second in command in the Magical creature control guild plot and have it started in the Magical Creature Control Guild house Topic. Just need a character to play the witch.

And I’m the Headmaster in the Runae Magic and Combat Academy. 

Currently deciding if I'll be bringing in a plucky young swordsman for hire (perhaps a dropout from the academy?), a demi-human or demon jeweler and antiques dealer specializing in relics from the war, or an older, retired warrior that perhaps works at the academy teaching hand-to-hand/close-quarters combat. Or a pair of the character concepts.

1 minute ago, Busterbugs said:

Thank you for joining @Minorikawa!

You may be rescinding that "thank you" in a moment. 😛

Apologies if this is a tad presumptuous, but I think this group may be struggling to pick up on players for a couple reasons. As Seraphina commented on the first page of this OOC, there's a lot of information, but it also doesn't seem very well organized, and it seems like details on the setting are both scattered and vague. I'm still not sure what the political situation is, so I dunno what I would select for character loyalties. It seems like you created a lot of threads, many of which can be consolidated (rather than having individual threads for front gates and walls, just one thread to cover multiple of said locations for now), but trying to find information for even the most basic setting details is a bit of a maze for someone hoping to join.

Additionally, there's a lot of emphasis on "plots", and they get very specific in places. As someone that has played rail-roaded roleplaying games on tabletop and in forums, that's not a very appealing sort of game to take part in. Folks want to know their contribution will help shape and direct the story rather than be led on a leash. Additionally, even if a player isn't partaking in certain plots, they are emphasized more strongly than anything else that it gives the sense that the player will have to follow everything going on, and most players don't have the time to be reading each post in each thread.

Note that these aren't meant to be criticisms designed to poke you in the gut maliciously. I had to learn a lot of lessons myself when trying to run tabletop games and run forum games. I think you're perhaps getting a bit ahead of yourself, and should maybe simplify the world to a few locations rather than a ton and perhaps consolidate the plots, while aiming to leave them more open. That might help the setting be more appealing and even understandable by prospective players.

All that said, that's just my feeling looking through and, at times, trying to figure out where certain info is, as well as advice that could maybe help draw more players in. It's up to you what you do, though, and I'll be creating my character(s) and posting, regardless.

My current goal is to simply be in and explore the setting without taking part in the main plots, though I'll try to follow along best I can. Sorry if this sounds like a bunch of nitpicking or even picking on you, as that's not the intention. I'm just trying to help you avoid pitfalls and stumbling blocks that I tripped over when I tried coming up with such settings.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Busterbugs

So I was thinking of setting up a royalty character if thats alright. More specifically a princess.

May I ask if we are allow to use any species? or is there a limit on species that can be used for the royal family. Cause I ammildly considering a halfbreed princess but I want to know what I can work with.

Edited by Kitsuyumia
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Minorikawa said:

Currently deciding if I'll be bringing in a plucky young swordsman for hire (perhaps a dropout from the academy?), a demi-human or demon jeweler and antiques dealer specializing in relics from the war, or an older, retired warrior that perhaps works at the academy teaching hand-to-hand/close-quarters combat. Or a pair of the character concepts.

So right now I'm leaning towards the Jeweler and Antiques Dealer. Before putting together a spreadsheet, however, I wanted to see if the following details were fine.

The first being species/race. If it is okay with you, I propose the following:

Spoiler

Though it is more accurate to call them Demi-Human, the Incubus is often classified as Demon due to old stories and folklore painting them as evil soul eaters that corrupt and feast upon maiden virgins. In truth, though Incubi can be quite a lascivious bunch, they are not anymore capable of consuming souls as your average human being. What they have, however, is the ability to secrete a pheromone that opens those nearby to suggestion, and in the case of most females of different species, heightens arousal. The Incubus is capable of secreting this pheromone by choice, though don't ask them how they do it, as it's... difficult to explain. This is a good thing, because one of the reasons the Incubus is so rare these days is due to an old attempt to overthrow other kingdoms through a collected use of this pheromone, dating back long before the war with the dragons and beast men. A combination of infighting and resistant individuals and species tore any alliance asunder, and now there is no centralized government consisting of pure Incubi. What ones remain are often loners, and due to the low probability of an Incubus impregnating a woman with more Incubus progeny (it is more likely to be a child of the mother's race), their numbers have remained low. As noted, there are some species that are resistant to the pheromone, though it may be more accurate it has the unintended effect of putting that individual into a blood frenzy. This is highly uncommon in most races, but a select few respond almost as if they've evolved to sense the threat and crush it immediately. As such, most Incubi are very selective in how they use their pheromones and with whom, so as to ensure a hopefully long life.

There's a lot of potential elements to your setting this could impact, so let me know if you'd like to modify or change anything to be more fitting to the setting you have in mind.

Spoiler

As for the character himself, he'll have developed enough of a collection and wealth through the years as to have plenty of noble clientele, perhaps even members of the royal family themselves. He'll work with adventurers that venture outside the city walls in terms of finding old sites of interest and collecting old relics, and may even be seeking to establish a relationship with those in the Skyhawk to bring back potential wares for him to examine and sell. He also has a supply with a nearby mine for rare jewelry that he works with a smith to craft into fine jewelry fit for nobles and well-off peasants alike. This should open him up to have connections with many characters, while simultaneously seeking to remain independent and neutral on politics as he's far more interested in buying and selling goods.

Again, if there's anything you think I should change, let me know and I'll post a revised version.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kitsuyumia said:

@Busterbugs

So I was thinking of setting up a royalty character if thats alright. More specifically a princess.

May I ask if we are allow to use any species? or is there a limit on species that can be used for the royal family. Cause I ammildly considering a halfbreed princess but I want to know what I can work with.

Yeah. She would be the current king’s daughter, who often has sex with other species and has the children live with him in the castle.

2 hours ago, Minorikawa said:

So right now I'm leaning towards the Jeweler and Antiques Dealer. Before putting together a spreadsheet, however, I wanted to see if the following details were fine.

The first being species/race. If it is okay with you, I propose the following:

Reveal hidden contents

Though it is more accurate to call them Demi-Human, the Incubus is often classified as Demon due to old stories and folklore painting them as evil soul eaters that corrupt and feast upon maiden virgins. In truth, though Incubi can be quite a lascivious bunch, they are not anymore capable of consuming souls as your average human being. What they have, however, is the ability to secrete a pheromone that opens those nearby to suggestion, and in the case of most females of different species, heightens arousal. The Incubus is capable of secreting this pheromone by choice, though don't ask them how they do it, as it's... difficult to explain. This is a good thing, because one of the reasons the Incubus is so rare these days is due to an old attempt to overthrow other kingdoms through a collected use of this pheromone, dating back long before the war with the dragons and beast men. A combination of infighting and resistant individuals and species tore any alliance asunder, and now there is no centralized government consisting of pure Incubi. What ones remain are often loners, and due to the low probability of an Incubus impregnating a woman with more Incubus progeny (it is more likely to be a child of the mother's race), their numbers have remained low. As noted, there are some species that are resistant to the pheromone, though it may be more accurate it has the unintended effect of putting that individual into a blood frenzy. This is highly uncommon in most races, but a select few respond almost as if they've evolved to sense the threat and crush it immediately. As such, most Incubi are very selective in how they use their pheromones and with whom, so as to ensure a hopefully long life.

There's a lot of potential elements to your setting this could impact, so let me know if you'd like to modify or change anything to be more fitting to the setting you have in mind.

Reveal hidden contents

As for the character himself, he'll have developed enough of a collection and wealth through the years as to have plenty of noble clientele, perhaps even members of the royal family themselves. He'll work with adventurers that venture outside the city walls in terms of finding old sites of interest and collecting old relics, and may even be seeking to establish a relationship with those in the Skyhawk to bring back potential wares for him to examine and sell. He also has a supply with a nearby mine for rare jewelry that he works with a smith to craft into fine jewelry fit for nobles and well-off peasants alike. This should open him up to have connections with many characters, while simultaneously seeking to remain independent and neutral on politics as he's far more interested in buying and selling goods.

Again, if there's anything you think I should change, let me know and I'll post a revised version.

That sounds fine to me and could add a lot to this story. 

• Like 1

Alright, I'll start working on a character sheet to post and then figure out a place to put him. Looks like there's already meetings going on in the tavern, so perhaps I'll have him enter the library to do some research on a curious item that has come into his possession from a recent expedition.

• Like 2

here's a question if ya don't mind me asking, in warhammer Beastmen and SKaven (ratmen) are two distinct races though according to lore some of the empire believe they are a subtype of beastmen instead of its own race, Would it be possible to be here or just anything part man part animal conistitutes a beast man

• Like 1

Personally I think that be catfolk/dogfolk, Centaur, or whatever else like that (excluding werewolves and those of that nature) could be classified as Beastmen. While say an anthropomorphic fox people are more intelligent and do not align themselves with Beastmen they'd still get classified as such due to their appearance and neutral affiliation with the King/Queen. It's more a mentality of not taking those chances with species/creatures like that since the entire world seems to be at war with the Beastfolk. Would you be safer not taking those chances or would you allowed yourself to be fooled? I can see almost everyone having a hatred for Beastfolk in general and see it evolve into a racial thing, much like the Nords in Skyrim hating almost everything not a Nord. 

Also, quick question. For my third (and final) character I was wanting to do a simple librarian, however beneath the surface he's part of a secret guild that hunts down undead, werewolves (and those similar to Lycanthropy), and creature of dark and demonic nature's. If not, then I'll just make a librarian who knows good magic. 

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 1

On 08/12/2021 at 00:24, onearmeddruid said:

here's a question if ya don't mind me asking, in warhammer Beastmen and SKaven (ratmen) are two distinct races though according to lore some of the empire believe they are a subtype of beastmen instead of its own race, Would it be possible to be here or just anything part man part animal conistitutes a beast man

BeastMen in this world are the werewolves of this land. They are the only race that can change from a human appearance to that of a beast. A part human, part animal would be classified under a Demi human, and they have many different types of species, like ratfolk, wolffolk and so on. Sorry if I didn’t make that clear.