OOC Discussion

Just now, BladeRunner said:

Not necessarily the same. The Blackthorne Family is rooted by direct blood relatives, so say the Uncle of Alicia can take over, a mother, or sibling. That's how they operate to preserve the whole "pure blood" tradition they got going. 

So no her uncle married his dad thing?

• Confused 1

So I guess I will do this: 

I'll make a character to temporarily fill this position.  Players are free to make a character for the leadership role if they choose to. It's not a demand, it's a chance. I'm not keen on having two leaders, but there are requirements that need to be filled. 

1. The character needs to be directly blood related from the original head of Blackthorne,  Tiberius. Since Alicia has left the seat of the house vacant, Uncles, Aunt's, Siblings, and even Children. No adopted, no cousins. 

2. If you take this role I ask that you give at least 2+ paragraph posts. I'm not doing this one liner BS or just a paragraph of pure dialog.

3. Character needs to at least be over 500 years of age. There aren't Any Blackthornes that are younger than that, lest the character has children/spouse of their own. 

Make one, don't make one, I'm good, but I'm not accepting characters that are already established unless you wanna do edits, or of you wanna DM do so, so we can further discuss sny details. 

There's really no deadline to this, but if yall are interested please react to this post. 

24 minutes ago, Rena-Amane said:

Would anyone have a problem with Blaze being a cousin asked to take over? I'm demanding a vote!

I have a problem only because I have not seen you delegate positions of power properly when given a chance. Not to mention your replies spittle out into one liners and personally that is a turn off to play with. 

If there was a vote it would be a no from me until I see otherwise in other roleplays. And this isn't to nitpick or be mean just the facts of my own opinion and observation from what I have seen. 

9 minutes ago, love_and_poprocks said:

I have a problem only because I have not seen you delegate positions of power properly when given a chance. Not to mention your replies spittle out into one liners and personally that is a turn off to play with. 

If there was a vote it would be a no from me until I see otherwise in other roleplays. And this isn't to nitpick or be mean just the facts of my own opinion and observation from what I have seen. 

Unfortunately I'm stuck with only my cell phone as screen so what is a big post to me turns to nothing. HOWEVER  I can and will do larger posts to prove I can do it given a proper chance 

All you have to do is tell me how much I need to add for a post

Edited by Rena-Amane

5 minutes ago, Rena-Amane said:

Unfortunately I'm stuck with only my cell phone as screen so what is a big post to me turns to nothing. HOWEVER  I can and will do larger posts to prove I can do it given a proper chance 

That's not an excuse. My replies are primarily on my cell phone and hardly ever on a computer. If I could see an improvement then maybe you would have my vote but we should definitely see all who want to participate and try to angle for that role for fairness. 

And that also should be a given if someone is replying to you with two or three paragraphs the courtesy is to follow with something equal to or with as much effort if not more. No one should have to tell you how much is required for a post. 

Edited by love_and_poprocks
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, love_and_poprocks said:

And that also should be a given if someone is replying to you with two or three paragraphs the courtesy is to follow with something equal to or with as much effort if not more. No one should have to tell you how much is required for a post. 

I've only ever had 1 person in the 5 years I've been rping say my posts are too short. In all honesty I usually have people either ghost me or say I suck. Sprucemoore/pine Heath was the first official group rp I've ever tried doing like this! I'm not use to doing huge posts and I'd like a little forgiveness for my lack of experience and just be given a chance to prove I can do big posts

Edited by Rena-Amane

That seems excessive. Having an agreed upon post minimum, either agreed between the participants or publicly stated into the club rules, is how negotiated consent is supposed to work in a shared space. Saying that you have to match line numbers can create a really one sided power dynamic allowing one partner to dictate post length. They should be equal effort but that's different then pure length, because more is not always better! It includes spelling and grammar, composition, but also the time to appropriately consider your response to what has happened before, or to setup things that someone can respond to later.

The other consideration is that not every post is the same. If it's a topic starter, a scene change, or just some deep character building moment then sure throwing out a wall of text might be the right answer. If it's interaction or dialogue heavy, then it sometimes makes sense to use less text, to encourage more back and forth. Also, walls of text in interaction can be used to railroad or bully a partner, who sticks around because they've already committed, even if that is not the intent of the person posting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ^ This 1

1 hour ago, Rena-Amane said:

I've only ever had 1 person in the 5 years I've been rping say my posts are too short. In all honesty I usually have people either ghost me or say I suck. Sprucemoore/pine Heath was the first official group rp I've ever tried doing like this! I'm not use to doing huge posts and I'd like a little forgiveness for my lack of experience and just be given a chance to prove I can do big posts

Never said you couldn’t prove yourself I’m just saying it’s not an excuse or a crutch.

@DoctoroMindbender yes you are correct to some degree. While I don’t know what is discussed between others I was only voicing my opinion from what I have seen and if she was to take a leadership role I would not want to play given the amount provided from what I have read. I am making it clear so there are no misunderstandings if I don’t partake which would be unfortunate. 

And as I stated before this isn’t to be mean or bully. This is for the betterment of future ventures. Call it an investment cause I see potential. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rena-Amane said:

Saying you would stop if I was given a leadership role is mean! How am I supposed to get better if never given the chance!? 😭

Then you clearly didn’t read what I said. I said if you couldn’t improve from what I have seen I won’t want to. And I also never said you didn’t have a chance several times so please stop playing a victim of non-fictional bullying on my part. 

You said "I was only voicing my opinion from what I have seen and if she was to take a leadership role I would not want to play given the amount provided from what I have read"  which is completely different from "I said if you couldn’t improve from what I have seen I won’t want to." 

I'm sorry if I'm "playing a victim of non-fictional bullying on my part" but it's hard to understand what you mean if your wording is something different. I can't read one thing and be psychic enough to know you mean something else

3 hours ago, Rena-Amane said:

To that I responded: Never said you couldn’t prove yourself I’m just saying it’s not an excuse or a crutch.

12 hours ago, Rena-Amane said:

and to this i said: If I could see an improvement then maybe you would have my vote but we should definitely see all who want to participate and try to angle for that role for fairness. 

You keep acting like I said never ever. I even said if you improve. Nothing hard to understand there when you refrain from cherry picking quotes. All I’m saying is if you improve my views would change. Not asking you to mind-read I’m being very clear. But I’m done with this back and forth as it’s going nowhere.

I look forward to your improvement in the future.

Annnd i wrote my reply before seeing this most recent page of ooc... 

So ill toss in my 2 cents with the new found information.

In terms of being a general clan member, any level of post length or RP skill is fine, however once you take a leadership roll it feels like that bar or minimum post length and roleplay skill needs to be raised. Not claiming anyone here particularly lacks either.

In terms of being a general clan member any type of character can work. But if your a leader of an ancient clan of vampires there needs to be several considerations, especially in consideration of when you were. turned/born and who your parents/progenitor are. Not claiming anyone cant alter or tweak a character to fit this but it needs to be done for the main ancestor of a vampire clan.

What i will say definitely is there are a handful of people in this RP who created this club and have the final say for things like this, and getting angry and fighting with them is not a good way to get what you want.

As for my actual suggestion for how we solve this, if we get everyone interested in the "election" to put their name in and @ the club owner, they can start a club wide vote and see who people are interested as having a leader.

• Like 2
  • ^ This 1

8 hours ago, DreamsnThings said:

We can treat this as her leaving and having left a note, leading to this crisis IC that now needs to be resolved? 

Yes, that will work, not gonna kill off a character or deem them "non existent." 

As for your toss of the talk I full heartedly agree with those points. 

As for everyone else, I'll have something in by tonight, poll will be set up accordingly with the recent mishaps and we'll see where this'll take us. 

10 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Yes, that will work, not gonna kill off a character or deem them "non existent." 

As for your toss of the talk I full heartedly agree with those points. 

As for everyone else, I'll have something in by tonight, poll will be set up accordingly with the recent mishaps and we'll see where this'll take us. 

I guess for poll you know I want my name as option for chance to improve and show I can handle it but I'm I guess wondering who else is gonna be a choice 

With the 21st passing, signups are closed for wanting to make a Blackthorne leader. 

@Rena-Amane and @love_and_poprocks you will go ahead and post your character sheets for these individuals in here: 

We'll go from there when you're done. Look, don't do this because you feel that you have something to prove, it shouldn't be a chore to begin with. So please just take heed and think about this stuff before doing it. I'm gonna give y'all a few days to make your OC sheets, once posted in that thread, we'll go onto voting. 

• Like 2