Brave New World OOC

This is an OOC for the Brave New World open rp this is to discuss roles and ideas for the plot. This is going to be a very open formate anyone can hope in and get involved in the roleplay regardless of what you wish to play your character will have a role to play in the interpersonal drama, adventure setting where anything is possible. 

Anyway here is the pitch if you like feel free to join!

Our characters have been selected to take part in expedition to study a new planet. The crew is comprised of varies individuals from different backgrounds. Perhaps you're a renown scientist in chemistry, biology, or medicine. Or perhaps you're a military expert in charge of securing a safe perimeter around the base. I'm sure your character would easily be able to find place on the crew with a little imagination.

• Like 1

Question: What do people think that crew quarters on the ship are like? SF is all over the place on how that goes. My personal preference is to have cramped but dedicated sleeping/personal rooms. Something like

• Captain has a personal bedroom and office, as does any other similarly senior person
  • Military soldiers sleep in a communal berthing area, like enlisted sailors do today
  • Civilian crew being stacked in a small room, with two sets of bunks
  • Galley and other living areas are communal

From an RP perspective it's a trade-off. I know that there are a lot of people who prefer private rooms, for you know the obvious reasons, but there is also something to be said for a space which encourages personal interaction

I was under the impression that on the vessel it would cramped, tight spaces all around similar to a navy vessel. Everthing packed tightly for efficiency. The majority of the vessel would be dedicated to cargo space for equipment. Then as the settlement develops it would progressively expand away from the vessel until it would mostly abandon only used by a few characters namely out named characters. 

• Like 1

Also I'd like to add that didn't intend for Hendrick to become this villainous asshole. He was just supposed to a hard-ass dedicated to safety and securing the mission objectives, establishing a base, securing water, agriculture, resources, ect. While other characters would go off and do their own sorts of the things. He was meant to be a wall people would occasionally run up agaisnt for tension, on dangerous or particularly exploratory endeavors, but I'm fine with him becoming an antagonizing force that will eventually push the other characters together.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dirtydan said:

I was under the impression that on the vessel it would cramped, tight spaces all around similar to a navy vessel.

My own experience (as a civilian) is that Navy tends to be 6-berth for senior, 12-berth for junior, ratings. But as a civilian I get my own.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dirtydan said:

Also I'd like to add that didn't intend for Hendrick to become this villainous asshole.

I understand that now, but I like Hendrick's crazed focus and outrageous aggression now. And I'm sure Penny can take what she is going to get - she's a tough cookie.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up