General OOC

Got a whole bunch of characters at the convention

Alexandrine
Ryan/Rin (with Emi)
Hikaru
Jumi
Alex (fan)

Leaving it a little open where most of them are right now.  See if anyone else joins in and with who, see who Mitsuko and Elie might end up with.  Though Elie should probably at least see Rin and Emi sing.

Back to the earlier question, nothing has to be rewritten about Mitsuko's intro.  But looking back, at the question, I probably should have answered that slightly differently.  The best way to look at it is it in the style of anime convention, but focused on the Magical Girls/Knights and celebrating them.  Most of them are there openly.  People knowing they are transformed.  There are opportunities to interact with them in various ways.  Just talking, watching them do various performances (like the singing mentioned, or staged things they can pretend to fight together), getting photographs taken with them, potentially eating with them, and the mentioned opportunity to be invited to private rooms with them.  And of course the merchandise.  Clothes, games, toys, movies, music. drawings (not all of them pure), a small museum dedicated to established teams.  Some of this was explored in the last pages of Rebuilding.  But me and Chiyako probably did not cover all the possibilities of what could happen there.

As a brand new Magical Girl who has not met others, it makes sense for Mitsuko be there as a 'guest' rather than one of the stars of the event.  Though another Magical Girl or Knight could probably sense her power, realize she is one of them.

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

So... We live in basically in a superhero world where magical girls are known entities? Because if so, I miiight still need to edit something to reflect that. I wrote the post under the assumption that she did not really know anyone there, like... them being strangers to her. Which would be weird (Including her becoming a magical girl herself) if so since she WOULD at the very least guess what gang she just joined. And she would not be sure how to deal with it. Unlike "Hey, I just became magical and I have NO idea why and what it means for me."

Story wise, this would be a massive plot hole that would not start very well for Mitsuko if I left it at that, knowing the reality being different. Might be weird.

Edited by Warning
  • Love 2

Yeah.  The public does not know everything they do, a lot of battles are in strange places or otherwise behind the scenes.  But with battles sometimes happening in openly cities and stuff like that, they have been semi-public figures.  Events like this though are the main interaction the average person has with them.

• Love 2

Alright... Soooo yeah, I will probably change everything I've written in that post. Got lot of work ahead of me. I might however not touch my intro post as it doesn't really depict any ideas or opinions regarding the magical girl world. As far as I'm aware. It's only her encounter with a magic item destined to fall into her hands, basically.

• Love 2

Yeah, already working on it. And I've read that often but again... This brain is a pretty tough one to deal with. My thoughts are all over the place and as I'm editing my post, I have like 5 tabs open and switching between them, WHILE trying to find a music track that serves as a proper drive to write this properly. Buuuut. I'm enjoying this. XD

• Love 2

@SataiRolePlayingGuy @Chiyako

Sorry for the ping but as you both had reacted to my posts, I judged fair to let you both know that I had changed my post to reflect the story better. Feel free to check it again and judge if the post is still worthy of your reaction. Hopefully, this time, I've made it in a way that it sounds much better. I've changed pretty much 90% of it so only a little bit is like before.

https://ecchidreams.com/community/topic/8178-love-magic-peace-light-the-magical-girl-and-knight-convention/?do=findComment&comment=141036

• Love 2

My first idea was if someone approached her. (As she is a kind of unique look on her own.) and anyone might confuse her for a magical girl due to that. I don't know if she will exactly approach one by herself but yeah, it depends on who posts what thereafter. And if anyone gets close to her out of curiosity or as you said, feeling her magic affinity of sort.

• Love 2

6 hours ago, SataiRolePlayingGuy said:

For Elie and Balthier, for the wanderers, was the idea to have Alexandrine, Emi and Rin just jump in immediately, or should they be on their way to save Elie?

Was busy today, just saw this. I was originally thinking they would show up and jump in fairly quick. But on the way is fine too, as I see that's how it went. Background info and setting the scene is always good anyways. No worries, work is busy, I'll get to it when I am able.

Did we want to have any battling, or just some talking/interaction before Exzel runs off? Or just see what happens?

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

To be clear, I don't want to battle, or inflict pain or injuries on anyone's character, unless they are willing for whatever story purposes. Which is why I ask ahead of time.

Also to be crystal clear, I don't ever plan on taking someone out completely unless they expressly want that before hand.

That said, Exzel is fairly powerful, though I've no doubt a group fighting as a team could injure her. Especially if experienced. Sometimes though, she's just out for fun.

Anyway I'll await response to the above post. 😅

Edited by Balthier
  • Love 2

I don't mind either way! I don't expect Emi to win a fight here. Maybe be annoying more than anything given her combination of abilities and Demonic physical prowess. I don't mind incurring injuries, or giving them. Death should definitely something agreed upon for the most part, or any permanent injuries (although that said I've been saying there is some healing assistance from being a Demon for Emi so it does mean maybe taking worse injuries if need be).

• Love 3

I could go either way on the battling. Especially since I still don’t have much of a sense of the exact powers of either of my characters involved.  Though there is still the probability of Hellhound and Zorn getting involved (Zorn out of sight, watching) and the three of them remaining together after getting away from the girls.

• Love 3

Posted (edited)

Whatever you feel, like, it's all good with me. Wait or now.

I posted in the convention, just having Exzel going and scoping things out, gathering Intel. Interacting with whoever she comes across. She will be trying to find her mark, Elie later on at some point. Long as her cover isn't blown.

I got her wearing power limiter earrings that help her supress her energy so hopefully that helps a lot, with being in humanoid disguise.

Will it be safe to assume Exzel has met Zorn at some time before the convention, or no?

Edited by Balthier
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Lot of posts at the convention and now I'm not sure where to go with that since nobody really approached Mitsuko. There IS Alexandrine who seems by herself that she could approach on her own however, if Mitsuko really needed to go talk to someone. But just leaving this out here in case there is a better idea to be found.

• Love 2

Posted (edited)

FYI, I just had Exzel go up to Alexandrine's (Diamond Sorceress') table my last reply there. She just seemed like she was at a good point to talk to someone, alone with her pizza. That, and she would recognize her.

I was going to have her go around and see who she could bump into for a while, eventually.

Edited by Balthier
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

Oh welp. Yeah, I noticed before I even post, even remarked the ping to Satai in your post and I still spoke nonsense. Damn my ADHD brain sometimes. At the same time, there's also Ellie who's alone, unless I'm yet again missing something. I could always try to bring Mitsuko to someone else while she's looking around. It just feels awkward, though. ><

Edited by Warning
  • Like 1
  • Love 2