Obligatory FNG post

Thanks for the warm welcome all. So far so good, I think I like what I see.

One question - Pokes. Help the oldster out here, gang. I think I get the idea is it's a short cut for a post that's mostly says. "'Sup?" but I want to make sure I have that right.

A careless poke in the wrong context can be - surprising at the very least.

• Senior Staff
14 hours ago, WritesNaughtyStories said:

One question - Pokes. Help the oldster out here, gang. I think I get the idea is it's a short cut for a post that's mostly says. "'Sup?" but I want to make sure I have that right.

A careless poke in the wrong context can be - surprising at the very least.

A poke is just a simple way to say you have someone's attention. It's just a silly little game you can play for fun. Poking each other back and forth to see how high that little number can go up can be surprisingly entertaining. They can also be useful to help break the ice with people you want to get to know. Becoming more familiar with another user can help make both users seem more approachable to each other. So, feel free to poke back anytime someone pokes you and poke anyone who catches your interest!

Anyway, welcome to the community and if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Archived