[EVENT] EcciDreams joins the fight against COVID-19 with Folding@Home

• Community Administrator

Folding@Home Event

EcchiDreams is once again working with Folding@Home to help combat diseases, this time we're fighting against COVID-19, by donating our idle computer and graphic card clock cycles to a worthy cause!

What is Folding@Home?

Folding@home is a network of volunteer computers distributed around the world that aims to perform biomedical research with the single intent of helping to further understand and develop cures for a range of diseases such as; Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's. The exact research that is done is simulating the 'folding' of proteins in the body, this is important because the function of a protein is directly related to its physical shape. And this, when the protein is created in the body it needs to reshuffle its shape to get into the correct structure to perform its task. Many illnesses can be linked to faulty proteins in the body such as many cancers and neurological issues, along with a wide number of other general health concerns.

Have we done this before?

Yes, @Neptune and I donated some CPU/GPU cycles a few years ago to help with Alzheimer's research when NekoLust stepped down as Community Administrator due to his father's failing health. As you can guess, his father was suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. His father has, unfortunately, since passed away. We were supposed to do 200 Work Units but we did almost 400 between us. 

Where does this fit in to COVID-19?

If you download Folding@Home and select "Any Diseases" category; you will be helping the Folding@Home supercomputer-network to work on better understanding of COVID-19 and how to combat it (Source). 

Is there anything I should know before doing this?

This is going to run your computer pretty hot, and potentially slow it down. I've not had many issues (And I'm running it at full tilt) but your mileage may vary. This may also increase your electric bill. 

How do I start?

Download the Folding@Home client: https://foldingathome.org/start-folding/ and make sure you join Team EcchiDreams by putting in our Team Number: 225720, put in your username and off you go.
Protip: Make sure you set up a passkey for your username that you use on Folding@Home, to get extra points.

At the time of writing our team is number 6,179 of 247,155 in terms of score. So we're not doing too badly considering this is a small community. But can we reach higher?!

What do I get out of this?

The sense of satisfaction for helping, that and I will give out 1 EcchiCredit per 100 Folding@Home Credits you earn, plus an additional 50 EcchiCredits for every Work Unit your computer completes before April 16th*.

So, say you have a credit score of 75,391 and you have completed 10 work units on April 16th*, you'd get:

753 EcchiCredits (Folding@Home Credits) + 500 EcchiCredits (Completed Work Units) = 1,253 EcchiCredits total, at the end of the event.

There maybe other rewards in it for you as well, depending on what I can arrange and how quickly I can have it arranged, but I won't make other promises yet. 

*Pending Event Renewal. 

For the duration of the event, there is a new channel in our Discord server called #event-folding-at-home where I, and others will be around to provide technical support to help you get started and keep on folding! We'll also discuss our efforts, brag about our computers and their work units and so on 😛

Are there any milestones?

Yes! For everyone who's joins the event and completes at least 1 work unit there are indeed milestones. However they're a secret until they're actually achieved. 😉 As they become "Unlocked" I will put them in this section.

• 10,000,000 Points Earned during Event: Everyone gets 2,500 added to their total earnt EcchiCredits at the end of the event. 🙂

I will update this post when new people join, but so far the following Dreamers have pledged their CPU/GPU cycles in this fight:

As other people join or appear, I will add to this list! Thank you to everyone listed above for helping! 

This topic will act very much in the same way as the new channel on the Discord server, if anyone wants to help get started, please enter the discussion and we'll all try to help you, help the world. 🙂 

Legal Disclaimer:

Run Folding@home software only on computers that you own, or for which you have obtained the owner’s permission. Some companies and schools have policies that prohibit using their computers for projects such as Folding@home. Any time you download a program through the Internet you are taking a chance: the program might have dangerous errors, or the download server might have been hacked. Folding@home has made efforts to minimize these risks and have tested their applications carefully. Folding@home servers are behind a firewall and are configured for high security. To ensure the integrity of program downloads, all executable files are digitally signed on a secure computer. The applications run by Folding@home may cause some computers to overheat. If this happens, stop running Folding@home or use configure the client to use less CPU time. When you run Folding@home on your computer, it will use part of the computer’s CPU power, disk space, and network bandwidth. You can control how much of your resources are used by Folding@home, and when it uses them. The work done by your computer contributes to the goals of Folding@home, as described on its web site. The application programs may change from time to time .Folding@home was developed by Stanford University. EcchiDreams, Folding@home and Stanford University assume no liability for damage to your computer, loss of data, or any other event or condition that may occur as a result of participating in Folding@home. For more information read: https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/rules-policies/

• Novaer pinned and featured this topic

Day 1 Update:

Some of the newer additions to the event have started to appear on the leaderboard, and our team has moved from 6,179th place to 5,751st place, which means our team has gathered more points than 428 other teams in the last 24 hours. Using the data of when it was last updated (3rd April 2020 @ 21:30UTC). 

Payout so far will look like:

Obviously not everyone who has started folding has appeared on the list yet, which is why I hope that they will appear in time for tomorrow's "Day 2" update. Good work everyone, so far! Thank you very much for joining in, and if you've not already joined in yet, it's certainly not too late! I am especially looking forward to seeing @Sunstone, @Mr.X and of course @Avengalyne. 🙂

Live(ish) Stats: https://stats.foldingathome.org/team/225720

Day 2 Update:

Some more of the newer additions to our team have started to appear on the leaderboard, and our team has moved from 5,751st place to 5,153rd place, which means our team has gathered more points than 598 other teams in the last 24 hours. Using the data of when it was last updated (4th April 2020 @ 23:59UTC). 

Work Units Completed: 135 (New Metric)

• Temaelrin - 12,409 EcchiCredits (+ 4,825 from the previous day)
  • @Manni - 11,196 EcchiCredits (+ 5,014 from the previous day)
  • @Rucio - 6,709 EcchiCredits (+ 4,180 from the previous day)
  • @Peculiarity - 2,936 EcchiCredits (+ 1,002 from the previous day)
  • @Alexander Bodide - 944 EcchiCredits (+ 496 from the previous day)
  • @Kerzin Kalamond - 619 EcchiCredits (+ 236 from the previous day)
  • @Neptune - 616 EcchiCredits (+ 323 from the previous day)
  • @Sunstone - 57 EcchiCredits (⭐NEW⭐)
  • @Avengalyne - 57 EcchiCredits (⭐NEW⭐)
  • @Mr.X - 52 EcchiCredits (⭐NEW⭐)

Things are really starting to move ahead now, and everyone I had hoped would appear on the list yesterday did appear on the list today! Good work everyone, so far! Thank you very much for joining in, and if you've not already joined in yet, it's certainly not too late! Lets see what happens tomorrow! I am especially happy that we, as a team, have moved up 1,026 places on the world-wide leaderboard since starting. That's pretty damn impressive! We're certainly showing that COVID-19 what for!

Day 3 Update:

Wew. Lad. Today has been quite exciting. At the beginning of the day we saw @Rucio over take @Manni and the two battling it out with each other, until @Manni overtook @Rucio again to reclaim second place. The two of them are getting closer to my score 😅 so I'm going to be dethroned eventually. Our team has moved from 5,153rd place to 4,084th place, which means our team has gathered more points than 1,069 over other teams in the last 23 hours. Using the data of when it was last updated (5th April 2020 @ 22:25UTC). 

Work Units Completed: 249 (+113 Over Yesterday)

• Temaelrin - 21,310 EcchiCredits (+ 8,901 from the previous day)
  • @Manni - 16,924 EcchiCredits (+ 5,728 from the previous day) 
  • @Rucio - 15,939 EcchiCredits (+ 9,230 from the previous day) 
  • @Alexander Bodide - 5,590 EcchiCredits (+ 4,646 from the previous day) 1
  • @Peculiarity - 4,896 EcchiCredits (+ 1,960 from the previous day) 1
  • @Neptune - 2,965 EcchiCredits (+ 2,349 from the previous day) 1
  • @Kerzin Kalamond - 2,261 EcchiCredits (+ 1,642 from the previous day) 1
  • @Avengalyne - 220 EcchiCredits (+ 163 from the previous day) 2
  • @Mr.X - 201 EcchiCredits (+ 149 from the previous day) 1
  • @Elena Ichinomiya - 160 EcchiCredits (⭐NEW⭐)
  • @Sunstone - 110 EcchiCredits (+ 53 from the previous day) 2

So there has been movers and shakers across the entire team! Of course every work unit counts, and everyone here regardless of completed work units is doing a world of good. Good work everyone, so far! Thank you very much for joining in, and if you've not already joined in yet, it's certainly not too late! Lets see what happens tomorrow! I am especially happy that we, as a team, have moved up 2,095 places on the world-wide leaderboard since starting. That's even more impressive than yesterday! Great work everyone!

Note: I am doing this in Excel now, because my maths is shite. Excuse me if there are any errors (There shouldn't be). This will also help me to keep track of the data, and I can make little graphs at the end or something. I should have done this from the beginning really. But oh well. Better now than later.

unknown.png

Day 4 Update:

I was dethroned! Ousted, I tell you! Oh noes! 😧 

Lol. It was only a matter of time. @Manni and @Rucio continued battling it out with each other, and somehow I got caught in the crossfire! Now @Manni has propelled himself ahead of me, and @Rucio is a stone's throw away from pushing me into third place as the pair continue going head-to-head with each other. 😄 No hard feelings lads! I'm happy that we're working as a team!

Speaking of team! Our team has moved from 4,084th place to 3,483rd place, which means our team has over taken 601 teams in the last 22 hours. Using the data of when it was last updated (6th April 2020 @ 21:26UTC). 

Work Units Completed: 361 (112)
Total Event Score: 8,856,977 (3,043,861)
Total Payout at the End of Event: 106,614 EcchiCredits (+ 36,038)

• @Manni - 31,310 EcchiCredits (+ 14,386 from the previous day) 1
  • @Temaelrin - 25,720 EcchiCredits (+ 4,410 from the previous day) 1
  • @Rucio - 23,407 EcchiCredits (+ 7,468 from the previous day) 
  • @Alexander Bodide - 7,877 EcchiCredits (+ 2,287 from the previous day) 
  • @Peculiarity - 6,751 EcchiCredits (+ 1,855 from the previous day) 
  • @Neptune - 6,383 EcchiCredits (+ 3,418 from the previous day) 
  • @Kerzin Kalamond - 4,034 EcchiCredits (+ 1,773 from the previous day) 
  • @Avengalyne - 380 EcchiCredits (+ 163 from the previous day) 
  • @Mr.X - 313 EcchiCredits (+ 149 from the previous day) 
  • @Elena Ichinomiya - 272 EcchiCredits (+ 112 from the previous day) 
  • @Sunstone - 167 EcchiCredits (+ 57 from the previous day) 

Aside from the top spot there is clearly a resurgence going on from the likes of @Rucio is who should catch up to me very soon if I have another day like I had today, given that his lead was 7,468 EcchiCredits worth greater than mine at 4,410. Similarly we're seeing the same thing with @Neptune vs @Peculiarity and @Alexander Bodide as she has had a 3,418 EcchiCredit gaining lead over the others who are at 1,855 and 2,287 - respectively. Could all this change tomorrow?! It's absolutely like. If you're a nerd for data, you're going to love this. Consider following the topic. 😄 

Again I will say: Good work everyone, so far! Thank you very much for joining in, and if you've not already joined in yet, it's certainly not too late! I am especially happy that we, as a team, have moved up 2,696 places on the world-wide leaderboard since starting. That's pretty damn impressive! We're certainly continuing to show that COVID-19 what for!

Thank you again, everyone!

Day 5 Update:

@Neptune has pushed ahead of @Peculiarity and has her sights on @Alexander Bodide's position as she has made the best gain since starting the event today. Clearly her computer has been very busy.  @Manni by far has made some exceptional gains today putting him in a very comfortable lead over everyone else, making over 26,000 EcchiCredits in just 24 hours! 😮 Good work there! @Rucio certainly wants to knock me down a peg as well, as his computer churning him 13,793 EcchiCredits today verse my 11,303. All this has done very well for our team!

Speaking of team! Our team has moved from 3,483rd place to 3,155th place, which means our team has over taken 328 teams in the last 24 hours. Using the data of when it was last updated (7th April 2020 @ 21:15UTC). This "Slowdown" is probably because we've entered active team's territory, which means we're probably starting to compete with other teams that are currently active as opposed to those that aren't.

Work Units Completed: 464 (103)
Total Event Score: 11,800,427 (2,943,450)
Total Payout at the End of Event: 141,200 EcchiCredits (+ 34,586)

• @Manni - 42,990 EcchiCredits (+ 26,066 from the previous day) 
  • @Temaelrin - 32,613 EcchiCredits (+ 11,303 from the previous day)
  • @Rucio - 29,732 EcchiCredits (+ 13,793 from the previous day) 
  • @Alexander Bodide - 10,602 EcchiCredits (+ 5,012 from the previous day) 
  • @Neptune - 10,047 EcchiCredits (+ 7,082 from the previous day) 1
  • @Peculiarity - 9,155 EcchiCredits (+ 4,259 from the previous day) 1
  • @Kerzin Kalamond - 4,423 EcchiCredits (+ 2,162 from the previous day) 
  • @Avengalyne - 512 EcchiCredits (+ 292 from the previous day) 
  • @Mr.X - 474 EcchiCredits (+ 273 from the previous day) 
  • @Elena Ichinomiya - 428 EcchiCredits (+ 268 from the previous day) 
  • @Sunstone - 224 EcchiCredits (+ 114 from the previous day) 

Further down the list we can see another battle for positions taking place between @Avengalyne, @Mr.X and @Elena Ichinomiya. Which is only really helping the team as a whole. What will happen tomorrow? I don't know, but I surely will report on it with the Day 6 update.

I am making excellent use with Excel in recording this data and there should be some nice graphs at the end of this, for those that are interested to pour over. I've also introduced a check if you will, that makes sure that the data I input is correct. So, I can compare the score with the overall score as calculated by Excel, and if it's off, it means I've put in the wrong number somewhere. This has actually already caught me out twice, and forced me to go back and double check that the numbers are accurate and both times - I had typed the wrong numbers in. So a useful feature to be sure!

unknown.png

~ SECRET MILESTONE REACHED ~

Because we've contributed 10 million points as a team during this event to the Folding@Home project, I'm giving everyone who's taken part, and will take part a 2,500 EcchiCredit Bonus, on top of the EcchiCredits that they've earned at the end of the event!

Again I will say: Good work everyone, so far! Thank you very much for joining in, and if you've not already joined in yet, it's certainly not too late! I am especially happy that we, as a team, have moved up 3,024 places on the world-wide leader board since starting. I think it's fair to say that we all deserve to give ourselves a pat on the back for that one! We're certainly continuing to show that COVID-19 what for!

Oh and I realise that in the screenshot it says "Day 6" sheet, this is my fuck up, I've moved it to Day 5, after I took the screenshot and fixed that all up. I've had an all round shitty day from the moment I woke up, so forgive me.

Day 6 Update:

It seems that we may not have been given as many Work Units to chugg our way through, or perhaps bigger ones for similar cost, or something because we've not really completed many work units today whilst I'm sure the 24 hour a day folders have been folding 24/7. @Neptune has found herself up in 4th Place, putting @Alexander Bodide down into 5th place. Can she maintain 4th place though? Who knows!? Similarly @Avengalyne might be taking a break or something, but in a very "You snooze, you lose" fashion, this has cost them as they fall behind @Mr.X and @Elena Ichinomiya, the latter of which over takes both of them, in their dance. Very exciting to see how the landscape of the team has changed since Day 1, I tell you that for sure.

Speaking of team! Our team has moved from 3,155th place to 2,964th place, which means our team has over taken 191 teams in the last 24 hours. Using the data of when it was last updated (8th April 2020 @ 21:04UTC). This "Slowdown" as I explained yesterday; is probably because we've entered active team's territory, which means we're probably starting to compete with other teams that are currently active as opposed to those that aren't.

Work Units Completed: 538 (74)
Total Event Score: 14,328,122 (2,257,695)
Total Payout at the End of Event: 170,175 EcchiCredits (+ 28,975)

1. @Manni - 49,175 EcchiCredits (+ 6,185 from the previous day) 
  2. @Temaelrin - 38,539 EcchiCredits (+ 5,926 from the previous day)
  3. @Rucio - 35,283 EcchiCredits (+ 5,551 from the previous day) 
  4. @Neptune - 13,589 EcchiCredits (+ 3,542 from the previous day) 1
  5. @Alexander Bodide - 13,132 EcchiCredits (+ 2,530 from the previous day) 1
  6. @Peculiarity - 12,121 EcchiCredits (+ 2,966 from the previous day) 
  7. @Kerzin Kalamond - 6,339 EcchiCredits (+ 1,916 from the previous day) 
  8. @Elena Ichinomiya - 590 EcchiCredits (+ 162 from the previous day) 2
  9. @Mr.X - 528 EcchiCredits (+ 54 from the previous day) 
  10. @Avengalyne - 512 EcchiCredits (No gains from the previous day) 2
  11. @Sunstone - 276 EcchiCredits (+ 52 from the previous day) 
  12. @nicjomo - 91 EcchiCredits (⭐NEW⭐)

I am very curious as to what the next 24 hours brings us. I am hoping we'll be assigned more WU's and make this quite exciting, because other than the movement in the positions, it's been a quiet, boring day. That said though, @Manni hit the 4M points mark - easily over taking my original score from another event, @Rucio and I hit the 3M milestone, and of course @Neptune and @Alexander Bodide have both hit the 1M points mark, and it looks like @Peculiarity might be hitting the 1M milestone very soon.

But is there something... Waiting? Are we going to see a sudden rise in points from someone? If I had to put my money on it - which I am - I think @Peculiarity might have a little... something, something, up his sleeve. Does he? We'll find out soon enough.

Again I will say: Good work everyone, so far! Thank you very much for joining in, and if you've not already joined in yet, it's certainly not too late! I am especially happy that we, as a team, have moved up 3,215 places on the world-wide leaderboard since starting. I think it's fair to say that we all deserve to give ourselves a pat on the back for that one! We're certainly continuing to show that COVID-19 what for!

Thank you again, everyone! Better luck tomorrow!

Day 7 Update:

We seemed to have a bit of a better day today, and I've noticed at least from end, my main rig here, has been busy number crunching all day, and it has gotten the stage where we even had to put the A/C on because the room got so damn hot. It seems that across the board, people have had a totally more productive day. Which means we're being assigned work units again. 🙂 

Our team has moved from 2,964th place to 2,786th place, which means our team has over taken 178 teams in the last 24 hours. Using the data of when it was last updated (9th April 2020 @ 21:14UTC). 

Work Units Completed: 657 (119)
Total Event Score: 16,928,206 (2,600,084)
Total Payout at the End of Event: 202,123 EcchiCredits (+ 31,948)

1. @Manni - 52,729 EcchiCredits (+ 3,554 from the previous day) 
  2. @Temaelrin - 45,710 EcchiCredits (+ 7,171 from the previous day)
  3. @Rucio - 43,581 EcchiCredits (+ 8,298 from the previous day) 
  4. @Neptune - 17,829 EcchiCredits (+ 4,240 from the previous day) 
  5. @Alexander Bodide - 14,879 EcchiCredits (+ 1,747 from the previous day) 
  6. @Peculiarity - 16,935 EcchiCredits (+ 4,814 from the previous day) 
  7. @Kerzin Kalamond - 7,267 EcchiCredits (+ 928 from the previous day) 
  8. @nicjomo - 800 EcchiCredits (+ 709 from the previous day) 4
  9. @Avengalyne - 710 EcchiCredits (+ 198 from the previous day) 1
  10. @Mr.X - 710 EcchiCredits (+ 182 from the previous day) 1
  11. @Elena Ichinomiya - 590 EcchiCredits (No gains from the previous day) 3
  12. @Sunstone - 383 EcchiCredits (+ 107 from the previous day) 1

There has been a lot of movement today. @Avengalyne and @Mr.X are absolutely neck-a-neck, EcchiCredits is the same, work units (12) is the same, however @Avengalyne has just scraped by the skin of their teeth with a score of 11,090 where as @Mr.X has 11,078, which puts @Avengalyne in a very narrow lead. Can they widen this gap? Or will @Mr.X catch up and over take them?! The biggest move up is of course @nicjomo who moved from 12th position to eighth in the last 24 hours, which goes to show that absolutely anything could happen. The biggest loss however is with @Elena Ichinomiya moving down three places, we certainly hope that @Elena Ichinomiya is okay, and wonder, will they be making a triumphant return? 

As predicted: @Peculiarity breached the 1M mark today, congratulations by the way. Next to potentially get it will be @Kerzin Kalamond, who is just over half way there. It seems @Peculiarity's secret weapon could be starting to show it's colours, in that, that they're absolutely stomping the leaderboards in terms of completed work units (138), having more than @Manni (116) who is in first place, overall. 

Again I will say: Good work everyone, so far! Thank you very much for joining in, and if you've not already joined in yet, it's certainly not too late! I am especially happy that we, as a team, have moved up 3,393 places on the world-wide leaderboard since starting. I think it's fair to say that we all deserve to give ourselves a pat on the back for that one! We're certainly continuing to show that COVID-19 what for!

Day 8 Update:

Tomorrow's update could be a little late, given the situation involving the downtime at the data centre. I will still record the data in the Google Sheets, and it will be ready for me to post up when the site gets back online/or when I wake up, so don't worry about that. Today has been another slow day, although still productive. Lots of useful data as well. 🙂

Our team has moved from 2,786th place to 2,717th place, which means our team has overtaken 69 teams in the last ~24 hours. Using the data of when it was last updated (10th April 2020 @ 20:52UTC). 

Work Units Completed: 730 (73)
Total Event Score: 18,232,300 (1,355,094)
Total Payout at the End of Event: 219,327 EcchiCredits (+ 17,204)

1. @Manni - 52,729 EcchiCredits (No gains from the previous day) 
  2. @Temaelrin - 49,442 EcchiCredits (+ 3,732 from the previous day)
  3. @Rucio - 48,488 EcchiCredits (+ 4,907 from the previous day) 
  4. @Neptune - 21,776 EcchiCredits (+ 3,947 from the previous day) 
  5. @Alexander Bodide - 15,250 EcchiCredits (+ 371 from the previous day) 
  6. @Peculiarity - 19,947 EcchiCredits (+ 3,039 from the previous day) 
  7. @Kerzin Kalamond - 7,905 EcchiCredits (+ 638 from the previous day) 
  8. @nicjomo - 1,182 EcchiCredits (+ 382 from the previous day) 
  9. @Avengalyne - 829 EcchiCredits (+ 119 from the previous day) 
  10. @Mr.X - 779 EcchiCredits (+ 69 from the previous day) 
  11. @Elena Ichinomiya - 590 EcchiCredits (No gains from the previous day) 
  12. @Sunstone - 383 EcchiCredits (No gains from the previous day) 

There's been no movement today, and that's to be expected. The data across the board seems to suggest that today was a very slow day. I also lost several hours when my computer blue screened at some point last night whilst I was asleep with the fault "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" due to a bad stick of RAM I have installed. I am still waiting for my new parts to come in, so unfortunately it's something that I'm going to have to live with, and monitor carefully. I've noticed that @Rucio is pretty much a hair-widths away from catching up, and I suspect to be overtaken tomorrow, but that's quite alright. In fact that is more than alright. It's also the first day where we've seen absolutely zero gains from @Manni and @Sunstone. But as a whole, we've continued chugging on, and have made some gains today with 73 completed work units, and 1,355,094 combined score increase, so we're still very much in this.

@Peculiarity's secret TI-84, doing manual calculations appears to be giving him a massive edge in completed work units, as he's gone from 138, to 172 completed. Contributing nearly half of all completed work units for the team today. So whatever you're doing there. Keep doing it. 😄 

Again I will say: Good work everyone, so far! Thank you very much for joining in, and if you've not already joined in yet, it's certainly not too late! I am especially happy that we, as a team, have moved up 3,462 places on the world-wide leaderboard since starting. I think it's fair to say that we all deserve to give ourselves a pat on the back for that one! We're certainly continuing to show that COVID-19 what for!

Day 9 Update:

Seems like we had a better day today, and people have been assigned work units again. And we hit another milestone. We've hit 20,000,000 in score! So that's another mile stone, and another 2,500 EcchiCredit bonus for everyone involved with this, past - present and future. 

Our team has moved from 2,717th place to 2,576th place, which means our team has overtaken 141 teams in the last ~26 hours. Using the data of when it was last updated (11th April 2020 @ 23:52UTC). 

Work Units Completed: 858 (128)
Total Event Score: 20,775,983 (25,243,634)
Total Payout at the End of Event: 250,655 EcchiCredits (+ 31,328)

1. @Manni - 60,347 EcchiCredits (+ 7,618 from the previous day)
  2. @Temaelrin - 55,191 EcchiCredits (+ 5,749 from the previous day)
  3. @Rucio - 52,421 EcchiCredits (+ 3,933 from the previous day) 
  4. @Neptune - 25,513 EcchiCredits (+ 3,737 from the previous day) 
  5. @Peculiarity - 25,268 EcchiCredits (+ 5,294 from the previous day) 1
  6. @Alexander Bodide - 18,158 EcchiCredits (+ 2,908 from the previous day) 1
  7. @Kerzin Kalamond - 9,342 EcchiCredits (+ 1,437 from the previous day) 
  8. @nicjomo - 1,311 EcchiCredits (+ 129 from the previous day) 
  9. @Avengalyne - 955 EcchiCredits (+ 126 from the previous day) 
  10. @Mr.X - 910 EcchiCredits (+ 131 from the previous day) 
  11. @Elena Ichinomiya - 741 EcchiCredits (+ 151 from the previous day) 
  12. @Sunstone - 498 EcchiCredits (+ 115 from the previous day) 

A little movement today which is good. It seems that everyone got some decent work, and @Peculiarity is going for @Neptune's spot. With those kind of gains, perhaps even higher. With only a few days left for this event, I can't wait to see what happens. It seems that everyone is back in the race again. Let's hope that tomorrow brings lots of work units.

Again I will say: Good work everyone, so far! Thank you very much for joining in, and if you've not already joined in yet, it's certainly not too late! I am especially happy that we, as a team, have moved up 3,603 places on the world-wide leaderboard since starting. I think it's fair to say that we all deserve to give ourselves a pat on the back for that one! We're certainly continuing to show that COVID-19 what for!

Day 10 Update:

So it's another slow day today, and with only a few more days left for this event, we're hoping that we're given loads of work units to work our way through to push us up to that 30,000,000 score milestone. 

Our team has moved from 2,576th place to 2,518th place, which means our team has overtaken 58 teams in the last ~23 hours. Using the data of when it was last updated (12th April 2020 @ 22:22UTC). 

Work Units Completed: 936 (78)
Total Event Score: 22,275,352 (1,499,369)
Total Payout at the End of Event: 269,548 EcchiCredits (+ 18,893)

1. @Manni - 60,979 EcchiCredits (+ 632 from the previous day)
  2. @Temaelrin - 59,047 EcchiCredits (+ 3,856 from the previous day)
  3. @Rucio - 57,700 EcchiCredits (+ 5,279 from the previous day) 
  4. @Peculiarity - 29,641 EcchiCredits (+ 4,373 from the previous day) 1
  5. @Neptune - 27,628 EcchiCredits (+ 2,115 from the previous day) 1
  6. @Alexander Bodide - 19,382 EcchiCredits (+ 1,224 from the previous day) 
  7. @Kerzin Kalamond - 9,974 EcchiCredits (+ 632 from the previous day) 
  8. @nicjomo - 1,865 EcchiCredits (+ 554 from the previous day) 
  9. @Avengalyne - 1,114 EcchiCredits (+ 159 from the previous day) 
  10. @Mr.X - 979 EcchiCredits (+ 69 from the previous day) 
  11. @Elena Ichinomiya - 741 EcchiCredits (No gains from the previous day) 
  12. @Sunstone - 498 EcchiCredits (No gains from the previous day) 

A bit of a slow day, but ground covered nonetheless. @Peculiarity has overtaken @Neptune but it's interesting. Because she's not been overtaken by score, but by Work Units completed of which @Peculiarity has crunched through 262 of them! This gives him a massive boost when it comes to EcchiCredits, and it goes to show, that the score isn't the be all and end all. Also congratulations @Rucio on hitting 5M in score.

Again I will say: Good work everyone, so far! Thank you very much for joining in, and if you've not already joined in yet, it's certainly not too late! I am especially happy that we, as a team, have moved up 3,603 places on the world-wide leaderboard since starting. I think it's fair to say that we all deserve to give ourselves a pat on the back for that one! We're certainly continuing to show that COVID-19 what for!

Day 11 Update:

Wow. It happened. I got bumped down to third, and might go down the fourth if my computer keeps fucking around. I'm not mad, or angry that I'm slipping down the list, no. I am however disappointed in my computer for blue screening whilst I'm in bed, when it should be number crunching. I am disappointed because it's lost time. Oh well, that's the way it goes! In lighter news: @Manni reached 6M; @Rucio has overtaken me; and @Peculiarity has cracked 300 work units! 😮 

🥳 Congratulations!

Our team has moved from 2,518th place to 2,408th place, which means our team has overtaken 110 teams in the last 24 hours. Using the data of when it was last updated (13th April 2020 @ 22:01UTC). 

Work Units Completed: 1032 (+ 96)
Total Event Score: 25,005,045 (2,729,693)
Total Payout at the End of Event: 301,645 EcchiCredits (+ 32,097)

1. @Manni - 71,687 EcchiCredits (+ 10,708 from the previous day)
  2. @Rucio - 66,000 EcchiCredits (+ 8,300 from the previous day) 1
  3. @Temaelrin - 62,623 EcchiCredits (+ 3,576 from the previous day) 1
  4. @Peculiarity - 34,409 EcchiCredits (+ 4,768 from the previous day) 
  5. @Neptune - 27,963 EcchiCredits (+ 335 from the previous day) 
  6. @Alexander Bodide - 21,755 EcchiCredits (+ 2,373 from the previous day) 
  7. @Kerzin Kalamond - 11,305 EcchiCredits (+ 1,331 from the previous day) 
  8. @nicjomo - 2,141 EcchiCredits (+ 276 from the previous day) 
  9. @Avengalyne - 1,311 EcchiCredits (+ 197 from the previous day) 
  10. @Mr.X - 1046 EcchiCredits (+ 67 from the previous day) 
  12. @Sunstone - 664 EcchiCredits (+ 166 from the previous day) 

Today seems to have been a bit of a better day for everyone, except Neptune and myself. I've been having BSoD issues as well as no work units being assigned to me. Where as Neppy has had very little WU's today. There is a bonus for working through 1,000 Work Units during this event, and it seems were we've fallen behind others have picked up the slack (Thanks guys!) which is the beauty of working as a team. 

To recap on the milestones:

• 10,000,000 Score Achieved: 2,500 EcchiCredits for all.
  • 20,000,000 Score Achieved: 2,500 EcchiCredits for all.
  • 1,000 Work Units Achieved: 5,000 EcchiCredits for all.
  • 30,000,000 Score Milestone: Close. So close! We should be able to get there!

Total bonus for everyone: 10,000 EcchiCredits! (120,000 EcchiCredits Total)

Again I will say: Good work everyone, so far! Thank you very much for joining in, and if you've not already joined in yet, it's certainly not too late! I am especially happy that we, as a team, have moved up 3,713 places on the world-wide leaderboard since starting. I think it's fair to say that we all deserve to give ourselves a pat on the back for that one! We're certainly continuing to show that COVID-19 what for!

Day 12 Update:

So day 14 will be our last day, and we're in the home stretch. 

Our team has moved from 2,408th place to 2,353rd place, which means our team has overtaken 55 teams in the last 24 hours. Using the data of when it was last updated (14th April 2020 @ 22:22UTC). 

Work Units Completed: 1,133 (+ 101)
Total Event Score: 26,379,553 (1,374,508)
Total Payout at the End of Event: 320,440 EcchiCredits (+ 18,795)

1. @Manni - 72,720 EcchiCredits (+ 1,033 from the previous day)
  2. @Rucio - 67,788 EcchiCredits (+ 1,788 from the previous day) 
  3. @Temaelrin - 66,584 EcchiCredits (+ 3,961 from the previous day)
  4. @Peculiarity - 39,082 EcchiCredits (+ 4,673 from the previous day) 
  5. @Neptune - 32,065 EcchiCredits (+ 4,102 from the previous day) 
  6. @Alexander Bodide - 22,625 EcchiCredits (+ 870 from the previous day) 
  7. @Kerzin Kalamond - 13,158 EcchiCredits (+ 1,853 from the previous day) 
  8. @nicjomo - 2,348 EcchiCredits (+ 207 from the previous day) 
  9. @Avengalyne - 1,441 EcchiCredits (+ 130 from the previous day) 
  10. @Mr.X - 1,224 EcchiCredits (+ 178 from the previous day) 
  12. @Sunstone - 664 EcchiCredits (No gains from the previous day) 

Whilst the score seems to be down the work units seemed to be coming in thick and fast for people, 

No movement today. But definitely some gains made, which is awesome! I didn't get any work units until later on, but the work units I started getting were pretty big. I don't really have anything to say for this day, so we'll see what happens tomorrow. 🙂 

Again I will say: Good work everyone, so far! Thank you very much for joining in, and if you've not already joined in yet, it's certainly not too late! I am especially happy that we, as a team, have moved up 3,768 places on the world-wide leaderboard since starting. I think it's fair to say that we all deserve to give ourselves a pat on the back for that one! We're certainly continuing to show that COVID-19 what for!

Day 13 Update:

🥳 Congratulations are in order! @Manni broke 7M. Both @Rucio and myself are dancing around each other as to who gets second place, but in the process broke 6M each. @Kerzin Kalamond broke 1M. And @Peculiarity is apparently playing a different game to everyone else and is quickly approaching 400 complete work units! How peculiar

Our team has moved from 2,353rd place to 2,289th place, which means our team has overtaken a further 64 teams in the last 25 hours and some of them are big names, using the data of when it was last updated (15th April 2020 @ 23:22UTC). 

Work Units Completed: 1226 (+ 93)
Total Event Score: 28,248,727 (1,869,174)
Total Payout at the End of Event: 343,781 EcchiCredits (+ 23,341)

1. @Manni - 79,970 EcchiCredits (+ 7,250 from the previous day)
  2. @Temaelrin - 70,956 EcchiCredits (+ 4,372 from the previous day) 1
  3. @Rucio - 69,722 EcchiCredits (+ 1,934 from the previous day) 1
  4. @Peculiarity - 42,472 EcchiCredits (+ 3,390 from the previous day) 
  5. @Neptune - 34,576 EcchiCredits (+ 2,511 from the previous day) 
  6. @Alexander Bodide - 22,625 EcchiCredits (No gains from the previous day) 
  7. @Kerzin Kalamond - 16,490 EcchiCredits (+ 3,332 from the previous day) 
  8. @nicjomo - 2,457 EcchiCredits (+ 109 from the previous day) 
  9. @Avengalyne - 1,633 EcchiCredits (+ 192 from the previous day) 
  10. @Mr.X - 1,357 EcchiCredits (+ 133 from the previous day) 
  11. @Sunstone - 782 EcchiCredits (+ 188 from the previous day) 1
  12. @Elena Ichinomiya - 741 EcchiCredits (No gains from the previous day) 1

We are so close to the 30,000,000 score milestone, just 1,751,273 to go, but also we only have one more day left! Tomorrow will be the LAST update for this event and the event will be closed. Can we achieve that last hurrah?! If we have a day like today again tomorrow - it should be no problem, but who knows? Fingers crossed! Let's make that final push!

Again I will say: Good work everyone, so far! Thank you very much for joining in, and if you've not already joined in yet, it's certainly not too late! I am especially happy that we, as a team, have moved up 3,832 places on the world-wide leaderboard since starting. I think it's fair to say that we all deserve to give ourselves a pat on the back for that one! We're certainly continuing to show that COVID-19 what for!

Event Ended - Final Update (Day 14):

🥳 Congratulations are in order to everyone who took part in this event. You sacrificed your CPU and GPU cycles to make a difference, and help the Folding@Home project with Team EcchiDreams to help defeat COVID-19. A lot of you sacrificed more than that; you sacrificed comfort, when your computers started getting warm, your sanity, and gaming time in a lockdown where there is nothing else to do. Some of you couldn't even use your computer's full stop. 

I salute you all. (〃・ิ‿・ิ)ゞ

Our team has moved from 2,289th place to 2,286th place, which means our team has overtaken a further 3 teams in the last 24 hours and some of them are big names, using the data of when it was last updated (16th April 2020 @ 23:02UTC). 

Work Units Completed: 1337 (+ 111)
Total Event Score: 29,481,528 (1,232,801)
Total Payout at the End of Event: 361,658 EcchiCredits (+ 17,877)

Payout will be as follows (Excluding Bonus):

1. @Manni - 83,384 EcchiCredits (+ 3,414 from the previous day)
  2. @Temaelrin - 76,241 EcchiCredits (+ 5,285 from the previous day) 
  3. @Rucio - 71,119 EcchiCredits (+ 1,397 from the previous day) 
  4. @Peculiarity - 45,976 EcchiCredits (+ 3,504 from the previous day) 
  5. @Neptune - 35,053 EcchiCredits (+ 447 from the previous day) 
  6. @Alexander Bodide - 23,823 EcchiCredits (+ 1,198 from the previous day) 
  7. @Kerzin Kalamond - 18,248 EcchiCredits (+ 1,758 from the previous day) 
  8. @nicjomo - 2,674 EcchiCredits (+ 217 from the previous day) 
  9. @Avengalyne - 1,770 EcchiCredits (+ 137 from the previous day) 
  10. @Mr.X - 1,492 EcchiCredits (+ 135 from the previous day) 
  11. @Elena Ichinomiya - 917 EcchiCredits (+ 176from the previous day) 1
  12. @Sunstone - 835 EcchiCredits (+ 53 from the previous day) 1
  13. @Lawless Lawyer - 126 EcchiCredits (⭐NEW⭐)

Bonuses:

• 30,000,000 Score Milestone: Didn't achieve. Was just 518,472 points away from achieving. 

Total bonus for everyone: 10,000 EcchiCredits, each! (130,000 EcchiCredits Total) + Rave Blob is unlocked for all EcchiDreams users as a react. 

Thank you again, to everyone. From the start of the event we went up 3,893 places in the world wide team leaderboard, overtaking some big names. The Score MVP for our team was @Manni where as the Work Unit MVP for our Team was @Peculiarity. You can download the raw data (That I started on Day 4, here in XLSX format, or ODS Format)

Team Graphs:

Work Unit Difference per Day.png

Team Change Amount Difference over the Days.png

Score Difference per Day.png

I will come back at some point and do a whole series of graphs. But if you like data, and you want to take a crack at it before I do, feel free to have a look at the Excel/Spreadsheet files. They're attached to this post. 

Team EcchiDreams!.xlsx  ~  Team EcchiDreams!.ods

• Novaer locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived