GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

"Lich? Lich....lich..liiich. That sounds weird. Undead...I understood none of those words. The important thing here is at least he is not a corrupted spirit. He obviously cannot be allowed to do what he wants. How shall I deal with this miss Lady Gold?", I ask her, as she seems to know what this is and what does not work, so surely she knows what will work.

Kazumi nods to Nishka. "I am certain that Lady Gold would welcome you into her entourage. She seems most accommodating."

She smiles then, a sweet, lovely smile that seems to come from the heart. "Thank you again. Truly."

She turns to Darius. Taking a deep breath, she says. "I saw a dog made of shadows as dark as midnight, evil to the core. He seemed ready to pounce."

She searches his eyes for something, but doesn't seem to find what she seeks. "Tell me Lord Blackwood," she says, looking away, "are you confident in our chances of success against a goddess? I fear she may already be reaching out to us, and I am not pleased to feel like her first target."

• Like 1

"Thank you I know it wasn't easy to share that"

*He says getting in front of her and caressing her cheek, he feels the experience has shaken and he finds that both endearing and enticing*

"I am confident she can be defeated, if her goal was something else then perhaps she could be a threat, but whom but a fool would a follow a Goddess that wishes to destroy everything. I do not fear the Gods, and if they are smart they should fear me."

*He says and any spell known to God or mortal would show he meant it, and no spell or divination of the future could truly tell if he was right or not. But in the back of his mind s theory begins to form about the dog that both Lady Gold and Last Kazumi had seen and he intends to make it his mission to be the one that kills it*

As his hand caresses her cheek, a strange look comes across her face. She looks back up at him, her gaze penetrating, eyes locked on his for a moment with an intensity he had likely not anticipated. 

"You should be careful with the liberties you take, Lord Blackwood." She continues to lock eyes with him. "In some lands, touching a woman's face is the same as taking her to bed." Her serious expression continues. "Surely you did not intend such improprieties with me?"

• Like 1

I stand there and wonder what is up with that, though I hardly know these people, so trying to understand any of this will be mere speculation at this point. Besides, there are bigger and more important matters at play here."Is someone going to do something about the creature who is actively working to destroy the universe as we know it?", I say, not sure why the evil goblin is given so much time and opportunity to probably vanish soon.

"I do not think improper to let a beautiful woman know I find her dazzling."

*Her eyes are intense but his stare is unflinching, if she is expecting that his resolve would crumble or maybe that that he is lying she would find nothing of the sort, his only hesitation is that for once he seems to have found something as alluring as magic*

"As for my intentions, I only know one way to do things and that is to give them my all. Wether it be combat, or magic or a beautiful woman. I know not how to be less than all that I am"

*He says sharing a smile if she wants him to remove his hand all she has to do is indicate her displeasure*

The Adventurers are mostly deep in conversation at the moment. At the head of the column on the wide dirt road Lady Gold and the Rat Woman exchange banter with the shriveled yet cute little Undead Goblin, a rolling mass of shadows clinging to the Lich's form as he pontificates about the greatness of Shar, whom he seems to have a crush on.

Behind them and a little to one side the Kitsune sorceress and the red haired Wizard have an intense exchange over the looted magic items of El'lieral while the rest of the adventurers as well as many of their minions and El'lieral's Undead skeleton stand near the expensive coach and it's Gold Golem driver.

The storm in the sky, still building from heavy clouds since El'lieral's arrival has yet to break but the heavy dark clouds still blot out the sun, dimming the day.

"Why are you even here?" Lady Gold asks the diminutive Lich. "I mean I know you want me dead but why here? Why now? We just dealt with another of Shar's minions just moments before, were you with her?"

"Hmmm? Oh, because my master the Demigod Volumvax, Shar's Hound of the Hunt and her former Herald summoned me here!" The Lich declares.

Lady Gold raised her eyebrows. "Hound of the Hunt?" She murmurs.

Edited by GM Angel
  • Like 1

All of these names and titles are of course very alien to me, but right now they do not really matter. My main goal is to prevent this small vile creature in doing his deeds. I sigh and cannot believe I have to resort to THAT. But all in the name of peace. I pull out another of my dolls, this one shaped like an animal, which I show off and with a threatening finger I point at the little goblin while chanting my request from the spirits.

[CASTS: Baleful polymorph]

*Darius could have stared into Lady Kazumi's eyes all day but the sound of spekls of trouble could be heard in the distance, he had been trying to ignore it to continue to have this moment that was so rare for him. But he no longer could,he had taken the money, he had given his word and it mattered to him to keep*

"My Lady Kazumi, I think our help is needed, but if you rather stay back and recuperate I understand. Please excuse me"

*With that he takes flight, Darius was not a fan of the undead, he was not a fan of goblins, he was not a fan of idiots and he was certainly not a fan of people who prevented him to have a moment's piece with a beautiful woman. In the air he sees just how the the undead caster, attacks the Ratfolk and he decides to show the undead what real magic is. He says a single magical word*

"Destroime"

*He takes aim at the goblin and fires a single beam of pure destructive magic*

Spoiler

Ray touch attack

Roll(1d20)+11:
18,+11
Total:29

Disintegration spell DC 23 Fortitude save if I hit I'll roll for damage. 210ft range.

If he saves damage is different so let me know

The Goblin Lich hissed in annoyance as the disintegrate spell eats into his flesh a bit (17 damage)then chuckles in his squeaky voice as the Golem tries to pick him up but automaticly fails due to the freedom of movement spell woven into his protective Shadow Weave Spell Mantle, the shadows roiling around him momentarily growing darker and more pronounced.

The Lich cackles. "The Goddess protects me Man-things! Shar is all!"

https://aonprd.com/SpellDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Freedom of Movement

Kazumi's eyes soften as Darius compliments her, but she does not remove his hand. She is about to say something else when the sound of combat draws both of their attention. She looks to the side, his hand still on her face, and then he is gone, off to attack the little goblin thing.

Kazumi smiles to herself. That was an interesting interaction. She would have to find a way to spend some private time with Darius and see exactly what he meant by "giving things his all", but for now there was trouble.

She watched as Darius, Nishka and Adam engaged the tiny undead thing, but noticed that Princess Nepthtys did not move to combat this creature. At first she was suspicious of the necromancer, but then she saw the way the princess looked at Lady Gold and seemed to understand. She was gauging their patron. Kazumi nodded in appreciation. 

She saw the little undead thing easily sidestep the golem's attack, and it was barely phased by a powerful spell from Darius. She wasn't certain what she could do to help, but rushes forward nonetheless and casts a quick spell on Nishka (or whatever Nishka was baleful polymorphed into), hoping her magic could be of some use to the inquisitive rat woman.

Spoiler

Casts Protection From Evil on Nishka, hoping to grant her a second save vs baleful polymorph, but not aware that she won't make it a second time.