OOC talk for Monster Academy.

Just now, Icarian Dreams said:

Spoilers do seem like the right way to go here to keep the story consistent. And I agree rape should have consequences - just like any other action. Such is the nature of public RP ^^

I think we've reached a consensus here; thank you for listening to my point of view.

Of course. I find you very logical and with good points. I do agree that, while I find rape very distasteful, this site is still about free speech. I have zero issues with how much non-con people do in private RPs or enclosed public RPs meant for specific players.

10 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Of course. I find you very logical and with good points. I do agree that, while I find rape very distasteful, this site is still about free speech. I have zero issues with how much non-con people do in private RPs or enclosed public RPs meant for specific players.

It's in the nature of the site that we have to deal with things that are taboo or distasteful to some. In the end it's all about finding common ground and not kink-shaming each other :^

On a different topic, how are we approaching the schedule thing? I see that the orientation topics are starting to come up, but should we decide what's going to happen after that?

Just now, Icarian Dreams said:

It's in the nature of the site that we have to deal with things that are taboo or distasteful to some. In the end it's all about finding common ground and not kink-shaming each other :^

On a different topic, how are we approaching the schedule thing? I see that the orientation topics are starting to come up, but should we decide what's going to happen after that?

Indeed so. I certainly do not want to make people feel limited, but of course part of freedom of speech is also about knowing when and where to say what and be ready to deal with the social implications of such. Sadly, like we saw in past site drama. I have no interest in or time for drama and frankly just want to run a club where people have a great time. I feel like we have reached a good conclusion there. There are places where you can freely and openly practice rape - other places you will have to mask it out of consideration.

Regarding schedules: I think and feel like the best option is not to have a time of week where each class is held, but rather have a cycle. Every cycle consists of every type of class being held in a certain order and when all are done,  the cycle starts over.

This was mostly done from the top of my head - what are your thoughts, guys?

I feel like a simple solution is often the most effective, as per  the K.I.S.S. principle (Keep it simple, stupid).

• Like 1

Just now, The Dark King said:

Hm, interesting topic. Hope it is not due to me. I will say, I will keep that to private roleplay only. I'm just here to have fun and some story. Besides that, is there any roleplay threads open that I can join?

I can assure you that it is not ^^ I think it's a topic most public club RPs has to deal with in some way and it was only a matter of time before the same would apply to this one.

I will happily try and start interaction with you in a topic you feel could fit what you are looking to do. So if you any wishes or suggestions, I will try and accomodate to those 😄 

1 minute ago, OlrukTheSmall said:

Oh yeah @JennyDK this might sound like a dumb question but. For the dorms, would there be a dorm per student so in my case I'd have a dorm room for Amelia, Scarlet and Yakshi or should I just simply have a single dorm thread for the three of them?

One per student ^^ so you can have one for each. This will hopefully make it less confusing if you have more students,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking as someone who is... embarrassingly into several kinds of non-con situations, i think the best way to distinguish "rape" and "non-con" in RP terms would be a matter of the speed of how fast things turn sexual, and certain elements of context... generally rape is very forceful, very fast, and usually only consists of P in V , P in A, or P in M or a mix of those. Generally i would say the biggest gap between the two is "an opportunity to get out of it" rape specifically is a subset of non con, but theres ways to do non con thats less... rapey... for example im particularly into the idea of being drunk/drugged and used in an "out of it" state, getting eaten out well im asleep, as well as things like stock play... none of them are really consensual, especially IRL they are basically rape, but in an rp context they all happen slow enough for the non-con user to "consent" in terms of ooc. Which is where i see the "rp consent line" getting drawn.

Edit: as a note i should mention that i agree with spoilers being any non con play. And this just my personal  perspective of how i define the two terms, others can and will view this differently, but its probably a good idea to ask in ecchitexts before doing ANYTHING that could be questionable. Better to be sure both sides want it rather then forcing something on someone. There is a fine line here thats blurred, but we are all here for fun and lewds, so makes sure both partys want those lewds out of character!

Edited by DreamsnThings
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

Speaking as someone who is... embarrassingly into several kinds of non-con situations, i think the best way to distinguish "rape" and "non-con" in RP terms would be a matter of the speed of how fast things turn sexual, and certain elements of context... generally rape is very forceful, very fast, and usually only consists of P in V , P in A, or P in M or a mix of those. Generally i would say the biggest gap between the two is "an opportunity to get out of it" rape specifically is a subset of non con, but theres ways to do non con thats less... rapey... for example im particularly into the idea of being drunk/drugged and used in an "out of it" state, getting eaten out well im asleep, as well as things like stock play... none of them are really consensual, especially IRL they are basically rape, but in an rp context they all happen slow enough for the non-con user to "consent" in terms of ooc. Which is where i see the "rp consent line" getting drawn.

I do appreciate the input and it is nice to get the perspective from someone who has more experience with non-con in various ways and thus more knowledge about it. I certainly can see how things can get more grey aread - but sadly I do not wish for grey areas in this regard. Sorry, but I find it much easier and better to have a very clear line where the non-con turns to rape and when we are talking a fully open public RP club, some people will not wish to see rape, myself included - however, should it occur, I will not stop the act itself. However, I feel very much that such actions will have a consequence story wise, in comparison to more "contained" RPs where all participants aim for and want non-con to such an extent.

In short: I can see your point of view on this, but I do not share it to a point where I will change the ruling.

I hope you will understand.

1 minute ago, DreamsnThings said:

Ah, was not attempting to alter the ruling, was just taking the chance to give the perspective of someone who is into being non-conned. I fully agree that it has very little place in a setting like this, which is why i made the edit earlier

Oh, I see. Sorry about that. I was unsure what your intentions was, so I went with the obvious one in my head and I hope you will understand my disposition for doing so.

I must have replied before you made your edit - which probably did not make matters easier for either of us in this regard.

I do hope you have not felt like I was being mean or anything else bad ^^ let me just response to your edit real fast 😄

16 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

Edit: as a note i should mention that i agree with spoilers being any non con play. And this just my personal  perspective of how i define the two terms, others can and will view this differently, but its probably a good idea to ask in ecchitexts before doing ANYTHING that could be questionable. Better to be sure both sides want it rather then forcing something on someone. There is a fine line here thats blurred, but we are all here for fun and lewds, so makes sure both partys want those lewds out of character!

That sounds very reasonable to me and the adult way to go about it. In a private EcchiText conversation every participant is free to do whatever they wish to do with each other and/or themselves - that is completely outside the domain of the club. Go nuts with every sort of non-con you guys wish in there as that is not at all my business and neither would I want it to be ^__^

Not a problem, i understand how it may have sounded like i was trying to argue for something else. That said as a rule of thumb for me i tend to mostly just try to provide context and accurate information, i like to think that if everyone has the same information and everyone understands everything,  there would be fewer misunderstandings and fewer disagreements  in general! And if its just a difference of opinion on how things should be done that does not affect another party, then theres no harm keeping things separate. 

TL:DR if everyone understands everything,  everything would be alot simpler. So i try to help give insight where i can!

• Thanks 1

I come back, i'm glad that the club is going so well.

@JennyDK I wonder if Isegol can have a consultation room, so he could start working with the students that needs advice on how socialize with their counterpart Human or monster.

Also is my first time doing "Multiplayer Rp" so if i do something wrong pls tell me to fix it.

• Like 1

Just now, Arknight said:

I come back, i'm glad that the club is going so well.

@JennyDK I wonder if Isegol can have a consultation room, so he could start working with the students that needs advice on how socialize with their counterpart Human or monster.

Also is my first time doing "Multiplayer Rp" so if i do something wrong pls tell me to fix it.

Quick note: Your image reference link has fucked up (and so has one of mine xD ).

I think that is very reasonable and ideal suggestion. If you wish, feel free to give me a reference of how you want it to look like. I can also provide one if you prefer that method.

Do not worry too much about it. I am always happy to help out anyone in any way I can 😄

• Like 1