OOC talk for Monster Academy.

3 minutes ago, OlrukTheSmall said:

Mmm, well, I sort of remembered so I needed to take a look back aaaaand yeah. It would be nice to see the two interact. Although I think it would be obvious what kind of reaction she would have when that memory was brought back up. Although, if you feel like something is a bad idea or shouldn't be forced you don't need to do that. I mean if anything you can more chances since I still need to start kicking Scarlet's and Yakshi's butts into gear. 

It was a metaphor. Err... Figure of speech, if you will. It's not literally a bad idea in general, just a bad idea for the character. I'll think of something!

1 minute ago, Thatannoyinggod said:

By the way @Icarian Dreams @Godot are we still planning on having LxRxK using a classroom for the backstage of Lucy's DJing?

I'm still up for it, personally.

• Woohoo 1

*Peaks from under a rock he's been lurking under* So... many... replies to write :d

@Thatannoyinggod Yeah, definitely - I just need to catch up for all that I've missed in the past couple of days. Sorry for the delay, was dealing with finals, and, to be frank, a general lack of motivation too. I'll do my best to get back up to speed.

Edited by Icarian Dreams
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

*Peaks from under a rock he's been lurking under* So... many... replies to write :d

@Thatannoyinggod Yeah, definitely - I just need to catch up for all that I've missed in the past couple of days. Sorry for the delay, was dealing with finals, and, to be frank, a general lack of motivation too. I'll do my best to get back up to speed.

No problem, I've got a lot of replies to catch up on myself after being sick and away for the past few days. Just let me and @Godot know when you're ready 😁

1 hour ago, Icarian Dreams said:

Alright, Imma catch a shower and will get back to write some replies (or at least attempt to lol).

@Thatannoyinggod I think the Lucy x Edgar scene can end with one exchange of posts, right? Since I didn't have the time I won't have Misty approaching him. :c

No problem. And we could still do a short scene for Misty if you still want to. I don't mind either way. I don't know how busy Edgar will be during the dance so it won't be much of a hold back.

Alright, posted, and set up a thread for Team LRK as well!

1 minute ago, Thatannoyinggod said:

No problem. And we could still do a short scene for Misty if you still want to. I don't mind either way. I don't know how busy Edgar will be during the dance so it won't be much of a hold back.

If that's the case, I guess it wouldn't hurt ^^ Should I approach him in the Offices too, or somewhere else?

• Woohoo 1

3 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

If that's the case, I guess it wouldn't hurt ^^ Should I approach him in the Offices too, or somewhere else?

Woot!!

Hm...probably would be the safest place haha. His office is getting plenty of visitors 😅 

13 hours ago, Icarian Dreams said:

So with team LRK do you guys mind if Lance joins at some point? @Thatannoyinggod @Icarian Dreams and @Godot

Can someone clarify for me - is drinking alcohol on school grounds just plain out allowed in Ironclaw? I was planning on having Lucy smuggle some into the backstage, but now I see that people are just drinking beer in the Assembly Hall and I'm a bit confused. Wouldn't that be prohibited? Since, y'know, we are a school after all, and we shouldn't be encouraging stuff like that.

Monster culture is usually more free and less tied down by human society and culture.

In Denmark, schools like gymnasiums have parties where you can buy alcohol.

So I don't see any issue since the academy is not really focused on minors. In Denmark you can buy low percentage stuff like regular beers from age 15 and everything else from age 18.

1 minute ago, JennyDK said:

Monster culture is usually more free and less tied down by human society and culture.

In Denmark, schools like gymnasiums have parties where you can buy alcohol.

So I don't see any issue since the academy is not really focused on minors. In Denmark you can buy low percentage stuff like regular beers from age 15 and everything else from age 18.

Welp, interesting, in Poland stuff like that would never pass. Also, with humans attending Ironclaw too (and it being generally in the human world), doesn't feel like "monster culture" would have much to say about that, but I do get the general idea.

So I assume it's just low-percentage stuff, right? I can still illegally smuggle stronger stuff? 👀

• Woohoo 1

I honestly really didn't want to get into that whole discussion, so I haven't really decided on how strong it can get. I don't really think it is something that really needs to start a discussion. Frankly, I don't see the issue of there being mildly strong stuff present.

I feel like it would take away from the actual scenes if we have to discuss things done to small details like that.

So for now, there is nothing REALLY hard liquor wise, but you can still mix drinks of the middle ground stuff as well as there being wine.

6 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I honestly really didn't want to get into that whole discussion, so I haven't really decided on how strong it can get. I don't really think it is something that really needs to start a discussion. Frankly, I don't see the issue of there being mildly strong stuff present.

I feel like it would take away from the actual scenes if we have to discuss things done to small details like that.

So for now, there is nothing REALLY hard liquor wise, but you can still mix drinks of the middle ground stuff as well as there being wine.

For heaven's sake, I'm not trying to start a discussion, I'm trying to make sure that the scene I'm planning will make sense. There's no reason for my character smuggling alcohol if it's literally standing there for the taking on the tables. I really don't care what your views on alcohol are.

Edited by Icarian Dreams